PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Yuan-Ti Malison

RavenJovan
2015-10-17, 03:41 PM
YUAN-TI MALISON

Medium monstrosity (shapechanger, yuan-ti)
Speed: 30 ft.
Racial Traits: +2 to Dexterity and +1 to Intelligence or Charisma
Damage Immunities: poison
Damage Vulnerabilities: cold
Condition Immunities: poisoned
Senses: darkvision 60 ft.
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic

Shapechanger: The yuan-ti can use its action to polymorph into a Medium snake, or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It doesn't change form if it dies.

Innate Spellcasting (Yuan-ti Form Only): The yuan-ti's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma. The yuan-ti can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
At will: animal friendship (snakes only), poison spray
Once per short or long rest at 3rd level: suggestion

Malison Type- The yuan-ti has one of the following types:

Type 1: Human body with snake head

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: prof bonus =+str mod hit, reach 5 ft., one target Hit: 5 (1d4 +str mod) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.

Type 3: Human head and upper body with a serpentine lower body instead of legs

Bite (Snake Form Only). Melee Weapon Attack: prof bonus +str mod to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d4 + str mod) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.

Constrict. Melee Weapon Attack: prof bonus +str mod to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + str mod) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 8+prof bonus+ str mod). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the yuan-ti can't constrict another target.

EDIT: Wow so like lots of new materials since the first time I made this post, but now I'm trying to have the old pureblood deleted and I used the current Pureblood stats in Volo to make the basis for this one. Type three is the only one I like my irl friends to play and yet its ridiculously OP, but I find that since Yuan-Ti is a +6 race, the types one and three should only add a +3 but with the cold vunerability it lowers it by -1 so it should only be a +2 which equals out to a +8 race. But I could be wrong, if anyone bothers to read and comment please give me your input.