PDA

View Full Version : The kingdom of Raine - A game about plotting and backstabing.

Amazon
2015-10-19, 01:37 PM
This is a simple game.

We live in the kingdom of Raine and everyone wants to be the throne.

So tell us who you are and what you did to get in power.

"My name is Rulegan the court wizard, I used my magic to disintegrate the king Olaf the III and polymorph myself intro him. Now I rule the kingdom."

Prince Zahn
2015-10-19, 04:55 PM
hmm, not bad at all. This is like the old "I Win" thread, but with more narrative, I take it?

"I am SÚvain, " Aristocrat", and Crowned heir to the throne, at least recently, as I altered the the late King Olaf-III's mind into believing I was his next of kin, so I could inherit the throne or command him from a distance.
I rule Raine now, Rulegan, and my first decree as King is to have you executed."

Amazon
2015-10-28, 07:05 PM
You execute nothing but my doppelganger.

Now I have the army of Olaf the III allies ready to destroy the castle with you inside.

Drakeburn
2015-10-28, 10:05 PM
"I am Esrius, Lord of the House of Ashwell. I have been impersonating as your newfound ally so that I may have be close enough to assassinate you."

"Now I sit in the throne of the kingdom. As your newly made ruler, I shall declare that dopplegangers are against the law!"

Fii
2015-10-30, 01:01 PM
I am Eva, the grim reaper who serves Death. I reap everyone who would stand in my way, and therefor now rule- afterall, who would challenge Death's reapers? I am mute, I rule by written decree that sign language is the new national language, and that talking is outlawed.

Prince Zahn
2015-10-31, 06:13 AM
*letter received*
--Who are you do decide for death?
*Glyph of warding*--
"I am Zadoc, bringer of the sun, and I banish you to the undersworld for a thousand years. And as my first act as your is to remove the ban on free speech and to reduce taxes."

Inevitability
2015-10-31, 09:35 AM
I am Zurx the intellect devourer, who teleports into your skull while you sleep, eats your brain, and uses your lifeless body as a puppet to rule the empire.

I then command that a hundred humans will be sacrificed to the great Elder Brain I descend from each day. Also, I continuously surround myself with a few well-trained mind flayers.

Orm-Embar
2015-11-02, 05:23 PM
Greetings from your Githyanki saviours! This pronouncement is to be read aloud over the lifeless corpse of the High Priest of the So-Called Elder Brain. Ahem. Be it known unto all that the Githyanki for hire keep their bargains! At reasonable rates, financing available. And now, we will leave your worthless human kingdom to be ruled by him who hired us: Sabu the Wealthy!

All hail King Sabu. Now. I said, all hail and do it now!

Right, that's it. Good luck, Sabu. Excuse me, Your Majesty Sabu, that is. Another satisfied customer, eh?

And don't forget to keep up your monthly payments. Or we'll be back.

Medival Wombat
2015-11-25, 08:20 AM
I am Berryn Copperbeard, expert blacksmith, gunner and engenieer. After the highly increased taxes to pay the Githanki headhunters, I rally the townsfolk to a massive revolution with me as their leader. After I send the Githanki the price we owe them -with a raised interest in the shape of explosions- I command the kingdom to build great warmachines to defend the realm against the remaining royalists and -most of all- possible Githanki-Invasions.

Prince Zahn
2015-11-25, 03:49 PM
It is a rather amusing attempt, but I, Ayothnaki, Prized Githyanki commander who is totally NOT the talented and cunning and incredibly handsome mass mind controller from post #2, will not accept this dishonor to my people, I intercept your war machine construction and stab you in the heart with the silver sword you stole from us.

To demonstrate the new order, I open a great portal in the sky and open the kingdom for interplanar trade using what is absolutely a Gate beam and CAN'T POSSIBLY be an consciousness-altering field generator.

Xihirli
2015-11-26, 07:41 PM
This is a lot of backstabbing. I prefer to backstab with a
*Meteor Swarm*

I don't know what's going on, though. Just swarmin' people.