PDA

View Full Version : Fast movement feat

mooseofshadows
2007-05-24, 09:00 PM
I've thought a bit about how Barbarian and Monk are the only classes which get fast movement, and I think that rogue should have an option such as this too, and maybe some of the other classes as well. I think rogue already has enough class abilities as it is, but I thought that it should have the option to become a rogue that specializes more in speed. I thought that making a feat that would make this available would be best, but I'm up for other options. Does anyone have any thoughts on the idea, or suggestions on how to implement it?

I thought about this after watching some parkour videos and trailers for the Assassin's Creed game. I figure these are rogues, basically, which can't be represented by D&D's system without the inclusion of fast movement of some kind.

Matthew
2007-05-24, 09:32 PM
There is a Feat somewhere out there that grants +5' Speed. Personally, I see no reason why it shouldn't be +10'.

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-24, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Dash. +5 feet movement.

I would just make a feet that increase all permanent forms of movement by 10 feet and is stackable with its self.

Dryad
2007-05-24, 10:17 PM
Improved dash
Prereq: Dash
Benefit: +5' move.
Special: Stacks with itself.:smallbiggrin:

mooseofshadows
2007-05-25, 07:29 AM
Awesome. Though, +5 seems a little low, I agree with Matthew, I think it should be +10. Thanks, though.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-05-25, 09:18 PM
Arcana Evolved offers the Fleet of Foot feat that gives 10' to movement. Pretty much a must-have for anybody who's going to wear armor.

nick012000
2007-05-25, 09:55 PM
The thing is, making a feat that grants +10 feet to movement overshadows Speed of Thought, which grants +10 to movement speed, but requires the maintaining of Psionic Focus and a Wisdom of 13+.

Reinboom
2007-05-25, 10:25 PM
It doesn't overshadow speed of thought if it stacks with speed of thought.
Edit: *er, for something so simple that is. This definately doesn't apply everywhere.

For mechanical reasons, +10' would be the better addition. Easier to move at half with it, is significant enough for a loss of a feet. Etc.

Triaxx
2007-05-26, 04:51 AM
Dash is +5, so Improved Dash does as well, so it evens out.