PDA

View Full Version : Help with followers.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-05-25, 11:29 AM
Using Fax Celestis' Fighter variation, at level 24, I will be able to have 7 level 20 followers. I would like advice for the builds of. . .

Human Paladin
Human Babarian
Human Dragon Shaman (I still think they are cool)
Human Knight
Human Duskblade
Human Ranger
and Human Monk

Can I have some advice on those builds?

Smiley_
2007-05-25, 12:02 PM
For most of these, it would help if you described the type of campaign you were doing, so I'm afraid I can only help with the barbarian.

AC should be ignored for the most part for the barbarian. Focus on CON and STR mostly. you need DEX and a decent WIS score for saves. If this is some righteous barbarian we are talking about here, have him take Champion of Gwnyharf or wahtever-it-is in the Book of Exalted deeds. By 14th level, you have a barbarian immune to charm and compulsion spells with the mighty and greater rage and DR 7 or so.

If not, go full barbarian to get greater and mighty rage and the Damage Reduction. Make sure he has cleave, power attack, great cleave, and maybe improved bull rush to make him a mage squisher.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-05-25, 12:11 PM
This campain uses only PHB, PHB2, DMG, DMG2, MM, MM2, MM3, MM4, and FF. This is a normal-magic campaign with no Prcs. All of the followers will be one step away from LG at most. Also, because my whole group loves OOTS, the campaign will be covered in OOTS refrences, with a war erupting between decendents of Miko and Redcloak, with Miko's decendent ruling a corrupted Sapphire Guard (LE) and Redcloak's decendent controlling a highly-expanded Crimson Mantle (CE).

Jasdoif
2007-05-25, 12:13 PM
PHB2 has an entire section in the appendix about quickly putting together NPCs. I suggest you use that, since the dragon shaman also appears in PHB2 you should have the book already.

ocato
2007-05-25, 12:14 PM
That is quite a little goon squad you're going to have. I would build them based on manuevers you intend to employ. Not Tome of Battle stuff, but like, be able to use their strengths together, Team A moves in this direction, drawing heavy fire while Team B moves around the back for a pincer. Obviously that's the simplest of examples, but I think that is how you aught to think about building them.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-05-25, 12:16 PM
The NPC creation thing has a slightly different methood of stat making than my group. We use a combined version of Point-trade and Dice-roll for character creation.

With formations: Well, I suppose the Knight and Barbarian will be with me at the front line, Squad A.

Dragon Shaman and Duskblade will provide ranged support with spells and breath weapons using melee when they need to or Squad A needs backup, Squad B.

Finally, the Paladin, TWF Ranger (I want to try one with two Short Swords) and Monk will come from behind for the flank, Squad C.