PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3.x/P Zendikar

Buufreak
2015-10-28, 07:06 PM
Hey folks! So I have been running a game for a while that expands across the M:tG universe, and recently my group has shown interest in visiting the plane of Zendikar, and viewing the vast wonders and treasures it holds. Obviously, it would be treated like its own campaign setting (at least in my eyes), and so certain things will act differently and be treated differently, like classes and races. Which brings me to my dilemma. I am wanting to design a handful of prestige classes that build off of the story and ideas enacted on Zendikar, but I am unsure where to start beyond the basic ideas. So, without further adieu, this is me begging for help!

For the classes, I need help with the following:
-Animist, building off of either druid or shaman, with a focus on summoning elementals, even so far as an elemental companion in place of animal.
-Totem Savant, building off the summoner class synthesist variant, adding some nature based spells to class list and a capstone of giving your "totem armor" to yourself and 1 additional ally.
-Lithomancer, who uses the natural power of the world to forge latent weapons out of common stone.
-Ghostmage, who uses the lost practices of Ugin to cast spells that are invisible, and thus harder to overcome or resist.

These are my starting points, and would love any help that anyone could offer. I'm not even sure how many levels each class should be, but I accept the proper loss of caster levels for any class features that are extraordinary.

Thanks in advance!!!

The-Mage-King
2015-10-31, 02:59 AM
Lithomancer, I'd base somewhat on Artificer1. Have it require Craft MA&A, and give a handful of Infusions, that it casts at a higher CL. Or it adds them to the character's Class Spell List.

Either way, the Weapon Augmentation line of infusions is a thing for the class. Perhaps with a swift-action Magic Weapon effect, with a limit on times/day.

Ghostmage, that's simple enough. Invisible Spell2 and X ranks spellcraft, then some class features based on using Invisible Spells. give up a few CLs, though. Plenty of Force spells, too.

Totem, well... Jack some Incarnum3 stuff, maybe? That's kinda "close enough" to Auras, I'd say.

Animist, now.. Just make it an Elemental focused Summoner4. Done. There should be Summon Monster variants that just call up elementals, or, failing that, Summon Nature's Ally. Make it an Archetype, if you need to.

1: 3.5, Eberron Campaign Setting. Infusions are from there, too.
2: 3.5, Cityscape
3: 3.5, Magic of Incarnum
4: Pathfinder, APG.