PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Moglin (All new playable race!)

Zhentarim
2015-10-30, 12:03 PM
Slow Speed (-1 RP): Moglins have a base speed of 20 feet.

Tiny (4 RP): Moglins gain +2 DEX, and -2 STR. Moglins also gain +2 to AC, +2 to Attack Rolls, -2 to CMD, and +8 on stealth rolls. Moglins have a reach of 0 feet, and take up 1/4 of a square. While Moglins usually do not fly without the aid of magic, their size also grants a +4 bonus on fly checks.

Fey (2 RP): Moglins possess low-light vision.

Linguist (1 RP): Moglins start play speaking Common and Moglin. Furthermore, members of this race with high Intelligence scores can learn any languages they want (except Druidic and other secret languages).

Greater Paragon (2 RP): +4 CHA,-2 WIS,-2 STR

Silver Tongued (3 RP): Moglins gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature's attitude, they can do so up to three steps up rather than just two.

Gift of Tongues (2 RP): In addition to the bonuses granted by Silver Tongued, Moglins gain another +1 racial bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks, and they learn one additional language every time they put a rank in the Linguistics skill.

Urbanite (1 RP): Moglins, quite used to running errands for their masters and performing shady chores, gain a another additional +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation.

Gregarious (1 RP): When Moglins successfully use Diplomacy to win over an individual, that creature takes a –2 penalty on attempts to resist any of the member's Charisma-based skills for the next 24 hours.

Prehensile Tail (2 RP): Moglins possess a long, strong, flexible tail which can retrieve small items from their possession as a swift action. Moglins cannot wield weapons in their tails, however.

Seducer (2 RP): Moglins add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school. In addition, members of this race with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher gain the following spell-like ability (the caster level is equal to the user's character level):

1/day—charm person

Total stats: +4 Cha, +2 Dex, -2 Wis, -4 Str, +2 AC, +2 attack rolls, -2 CMD, +8 stealth, +4 fly, +3 diplomacy (+5 if gathering information), +3 bluff, double lang. from linguistics, +2 sense motive (regarding social situations), retrieve items as swift action with tail, reduce dc to influence influenced npcs by 2, +1 enchantment spell dc, charm person 1/day.

Fluff: Moglins are the servant-kings of Golorion. Originally popular city slaves among the wealthy, Moglins have evolved to ingratiate their masters and become the real ones in control, even if still technically slaves. Moglins delight in maintaining appearent servitude even as they bend their master towards serving them rather than the reverse. Intelligent in their own right, Moglins rely on charm to fill in the gaps when their intellect is not enough. Sly and maniplative, Moglins often forget to take into account common sense solutions, favoring the eloborate and the "cute". If one of their plans fail, they may suspend their commitment to honesty for a moment and infer, without necessarily explicitly saying, that their masters where responsible. They follow the laws of the land closely because it suits them to do so, and are honest because it gives their words more power. Moglins usually "serve" as entertainers, messengers, and spies. Free Moglins are often famous mediators, sorcerors, and bards. White furred moglins often become oracles.

Height: Male and Female Moglins both stand, on average, between 1'0" and 1'3" tall (11"+1d4).

Weight: Male and Female Moglins, on average, weigh between 4 lbs and 7 lbs (3lbs+1d4).

Ages:
10-Adulthood
----Intuitive Classes, 11-13
----Self-taught Classes, 11-14
----Trained Classes, 12-15
16-Middle-Aged
22-Old
28-Venerable
42 (28+2d6)-Max Age

Male picture: http://adventurequest.wikia.com/wiki/Moglin?file=Twilly.png

Female picture: http://adventurequest.wikia.com/wiki/Moglin?file=Leanne.png

Alignment and Religion: Most Moglins are technically honest but misleading, true to their word, selfish, defensive of those they like and hostile, though usually covertly, to those whom they dislike. They are forced by their small stature to work withing the system and seek protection from those larger than themselves. Moglins also have a strong need to justify their honor, and Moglins who do not keep their word are looked upon as weak by other Moglins. Many moglins will tell you that words retain their power so long as they are true, or at least is presented in a fashion that is airtight when examined. As such, most Moglins are Lawful Evil. Some brave Moglins choose to forgo procedure and become Neutral Evil. Still others foster a genuine respect for those they serve and do dealings with, deciding not to do anything that would cause excessive harm, and thus become Lawful Neutral. Good and Chaotic Moglins are exceedingly rare, but not unheard of. Despite this, it is theoretically more common to find a Lawful Good or Neutral Good Moglin than to find a Chaotic Moglin, as the ideas of Chaoticly aligned creatures tend to be completely alien to the Moglin mindset. Asmodeus, Abadar, and Immodae are commonly worshipped by Moglins because of their Lawful natures and ties to civilization and protection.

Adventurers: Moglin adventures are often running errands for their masters, who tend to trust them, or if the Moglins are free, they are seeking to find some way to enhnce their power.

avr
2015-10-30, 11:51 PM
Moglins wold make great sorcerers relying on ranged touch spells, good oracles or other sorcerers, surprisingly good multiclassed paladin / mouser swashbucklers, decent bards or summoners, maybe OK at a couple of other things. Is that what you were wanting?

Linguist is kind of wasted on a race with an int penalty though.

Oh, and do they have any fluff?

Zhentarim
2015-10-31, 09:19 AM
Moglins wold make great sorcerers relying on ranged touch spells, good oracles or other sorcerers, surprisingly good multiclassed paladin / mouser swashbucklers, decent bards or summoners, maybe OK at a couple of other things. Is that what you were wanting?

Linguist is kind of wasted on a race with an int penalty though.

Oh, and do they have any fluff?

Yes, we had a power-outage before I could add it. I'm putting it in, now. Basically, they serve as advisors, diplomats, mediators, artists, bards, and sorcerors throughout Golorion. It was a toss-up between a WIS penalty and a INT penalty. If I went WIS, I was going to say that their good-hearted natures and tendency toward being regarded as "cute" by the mainstream society make them niave. If I went INT, I was going to say that their social prowess and decent level of common sense makes the forego a more scholarly approach to life in favor of one that telies more on intuition. It's still early enough that I could switch this mental penalty around, but INT sounded a little more the penalty a diplomat would have. What do you think sounds more like a Diplomat, INT penalty or WIS penalty?

Zhentarim
2015-10-31, 10:51 PM
Update: I traded INT penalty for WIS penalty, and finished crunch.

avr
2015-11-01, 05:50 AM
Good move with the INT/WIS penalty swap, there's a lot of social skills and +1 skill point/level will probably be more relevant than +1 to sense motive. Diplomats and mediators sometimes need to be well-informed with a knowledge skill or two too, plus linguistics as noted earlier.

I don't know how relevant it is, but tiny, slow, weak creatures who aren't actually children probably get bullied a lot, even if they're likeable. Reinforces the lawful evil tendencies I guess. Moglin commoners will lose fights to housecats every time.

The multiclassed paladin/mouser swashbuckler idea just got weirder in my mind after seeing the pics.

you2be
2015-11-01, 07:34 AM
Were you inspred by final fantsy's moogles by any chance?

Zhentarim
2015-11-01, 10:47 AM
Were you inspred by final fantsy's moogles by any chance?

It was one of my inspirations, though I got the spelling and pictures from adventure quest. One of the harsher critics I go to said this was overpowered and not very fey-like, so I'm going to tweak that. He also said I was overly specific so far in the fluff, so I may generalize a tad more. I know if I can get him to like it, most people will.

abwinningh42
2015-11-01, 09:07 PM
I loved AQ back in the day. Fun game.

It would be fun to play in an AQ game sometime.

Zhentarim
2015-11-01, 09:12 PM
I loved AQ back in the day. Fun game.

It would be fun to play in an AQ game sometime.

I still revisit it occasionally.

abwinningh42
2015-11-02, 04:57 AM
I still revisit it occasionally.

As do I, but a table top game based on AQ would be fun to try.

Zhentarim
2015-11-02, 05:28 PM
As do I, but a table top game based on AQ would be fun to try.

I will try that sometime when I have the free time.