PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms Question

DragonSlayerDan
2007-05-27, 09:10 PM
Uhm, a friend and I were discussing about modules today, and he said I should look up/find/run the Age of Worms (Henceforth known as AOW). I found an AOW Overload download, which basically gives a brief overview of what is going on in the module. I was wondering if there was a better download for this somewhere else, or if this Overload download is going to be the best I can find.

Thanks for any help.

Matthew
2007-06-05, 10:04 PM
Hmmn, nobody know anything about Age of Worms? Is it some Dungeon Magazine Adventure or is this that (A)D&D 2.x Campaign World where Player Characters are Dragons?

Yechezkiel
2007-06-05, 10:26 PM
Sorry I can't be exactly helpful, but I do remember playing it in 3.0 (though I know it was originally older).

It was actually my first D&D game and you'll really enjoy it, if you can find someone more helpful in tracking it down then me.

ghost_warlock
2007-06-05, 10:38 PM
From what I understand of it, Age of Worms was the second Dungeon Magazine Adventure path designed to take the characters from 1st to 20th+ level (the first was The Shackled City). I believe it's a 3.5 D&D campaign.

It was spread out over a numer of Dungeon issues and I don't think it has yet been compiled into a single book. Your best bet would be to check www.paizo.com for updates and to see if they've collected it yet - I was just there and all I could find were individual Dungeon issues. With Wizards removing Paizo's right to publish Dungeon anymore, it may never see compilation. :smallfrown: The Shackled City (http://paizo.com/dungeon/products/books/v5748btpy7dx9&source=search) was pretty good, though, so maybe give that a shot if you can't find AoW.

Roland St. Jude
2007-06-05, 10:51 PM
What @^ said. Age of Worms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms).

The previous Adventure Path, "Shackled City", was compiled into a hardboind volume with extras. Paizo staff seemed to suggest, throughout the Age of Worms (AoW) publication, that it was unlikely to be compiled. My sense was WotC wasn't onboard. I haven't heard anything recently to suggest that that's changed. And, as noted above, while they claim to be on good terms, clearly the Paizo/WotC link isn't as close as it once was (what with the magazines being published as "Official D&D Content" and all).

The best/only way to get it would be to purchase Dungeons #124-135. But do so fast, they are selling off back issues fast and are letting subscribers convert their unused Dungeon and Dragon issues to buy back issues. (I think the actual conversion of issues to back issues is set for late August or September.)

I've read it, but not played it, but it seemed enjoyable, though particularly challenging at parts. (Many TPKs were reported from certain adventures within the adventure path.)

Yechezkiel
2007-06-05, 11:00 PM
Coincidentally, this reminds me that Council of Wyrms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Wyrms) is also awesome.