PDA

View Full Version : Malicious Feats!

Lysander
2007-05-28, 03:53 AM
Sometime your character needs to be able to screw someone else over. Here are some mean ideas:

Backsies Healing
Prereq: Cleric lvl 1+

Any healing you bestowed on a target within the last fifteen minutes can be undone with a thought taking a standard action, leaving the target as injured as they would be if you had not healed them at all. You may reverse 2d6 hp per cleric level each turn.

Reverse Buffs

Any positive buffs you cast on another person can be switched to have a counterpart negative effect. For instance Owl's Wisdom would become Negative Owl's Wisdom and cause -4 wis. You may only switch one buff at a time.

False Enhancement

Any beneficial spell you cast on another person can have a trigger to fail at a key moment. This trigger can be anything you like, a sound, sight, or event, but must be observable from that person's perspective.

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-28, 04:49 AM
Ooh, the third one is awesome. The possibilities are endless (and nicely cinematic, too). I think it would look more official as a metamagic feat, though.

The second one might be a little overpowered, but I'm too tired to think of examples.

Hazkali
2007-05-28, 07:05 AM
I second Tor's suggestion that they should be Metamagic feats. Especially Reverse Buffs, as I think it warrants a +1 spell level.

False Enchantment is a bit like a reverse Contingency spell, so that might be a place to start with fleshing out the mechanics.

I think the time limit on Backsies Healing is a bit too long becuase by then the amount of bookeeping required to keep track of all of the cure spells you've cast (not inculding mass cure spells) would be horrendous. I reccomend 2 rounds/ caster level.

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-28, 08:26 AM
While we're talking about reference points, you might want to draw from this spell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37483). It is similar to the first two feats, so you could look there for ideas.

Also, as to the second one: could you cast Reversed Fly to remove a creature's fly speed?

Lysander
2007-05-28, 08:32 AM
The second one should probably specifiy it only works with spells that increase stats or skills. Otherwise it gets too confusing what the opposite of some buffs would be.

Kyace
2007-05-28, 11:48 AM
The second one should probably specifiy it only works with spells that increase stats or skills. Otherwise it gets too confusing what the opposite of some buffs would be.

Your invisibility fails. Badly. You are now glowing bright neon green. Now run, little rogue, run.

Dihan
2007-05-28, 12:00 PM
Would Reverse Buff work on debuffs too?

Lysander
2007-05-28, 02:28 PM
Why...yes...yes it should. It just lets you reverse stat/skill affecting spells.

Jack_Simth
2007-05-28, 02:49 PM
Why...yes...yes it should. It just lets you reverse stat/skill affecting spells.

Hmm...

Reveresed Bestow Curse - permanent, can't be dispelled; with seven castings, each focusing on a different aspect, you get:

+6 increase to all ability scores (unnamed!)
+4 attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks (also unnamed).

Hmm...

Um, don't let that work, okay?

Lysander
2007-05-29, 06:37 PM
Well, by buffs I meant temporary ones. I'll have to specify that.

Jack_Simth
2007-05-29, 07:10 PM
Well, by buffs I meant temporary ones. I'll have to specify that.

So we take Ray of Enfeeblement. Maximized at level 10, that's +11 unnamed to strength. That Fighter is really going to do well for a few minutes.

Or we take Touch of Idiocy. 10 minutes/level. Extended and Maximized, that's +6 Int, Wis, and Charisma - unnamed, so stacks with the normal Headband of Intellect / Peripat of Wisdom / Cloak of Charisma. At, say, caster level 11 (minimum for all the listed metamagic), that's 220 minutes - over 3.5 hours. Two castings will normally get you through the day.

Or better - Lesser Geas. A 7th level Wizard could do this to himself, make the Geas something he was planning to do anyway, and arrage to be prevented from doing so for six days. +12 bonus to ALL STATS for 24 hours. Tasty.

Would a Reversed Enervation grant positive levels?

Nothing like a Reversed Mind Fog (well, except perhaps for a Mind Blank...) to up the Fighter's Will save.

Reversed Symbol of Pain - sure, it's pricy, but everyone (else - oh well) in the party gets +4 bonus to Attack rolls, Skill checks, and ability checks for 10 minutes per caster level.

Making a bonus negative? That's fine. There's worse effects in 2nd level spells than a flat -4 Wisdom (Touch of Idiocy comes to mind, as does Hideous Laughter or Blindness/Deafness; for that matter, Ray of Enfeeblement in all ways out shines a Reversed Bull's strength... except, perhaps, on stealth betrayals). Making a negative positive? Not so much.

Arbitrarity
2007-05-30, 02:30 PM
Actually, there are positive levels. Saw the rules in MM3.

They actually grant bonus spell slots, and spell prepared, if applicable, as well as bonus HP, bonuses to skills, etc.

The number you can have is related to your CON.

Lysander
2007-05-30, 05:29 PM
Reverse Buffs should probably not reverse curses then, since curses seem to be more powerful than buffs quite often.