PDA

View Full Version : Good Binder Builds

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-30, 07:40 PM
I'm making a Binder, and wanted some input: What are some good Binder builds? Some multiclassing is fine, but I'm looking for something that is primarily a Binder.

Ramza00
2007-05-30, 10:57 PM
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=784085
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=607826
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=605415

For future reference
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=482636

JaronK
2007-05-30, 11:23 PM
Generally, Binder 20 is solid enough.

Wizard 8/Binder 1/Anima Mage 10/Mindbender 1 is solid, with 19th level Wizard casting and 11th level binding, but I almost wouldn't call it a binder, so much as a wizard with some binding. Take Improved Binding to qualify in time.

You could also go the other way, with Binder 4/Wizard 1/Anima Mage 10/Knight of the Sacred Seal 5, using Precocious Aprentice to qualify (PA doesn't work for MT, but it does work here... but that's another thread). 19th level binding combined with 11th level Wizard casting and a few fun abilities.

Binder 15/KotSS 5 is good too.

And for something completely different, consider Warlock X/Hellfire Warlock 3, with a Major Bloodline, plus just enough Binder to bind two vestiges. Bind Lejere and Naberius... I'll let you figure out what that build is so powerful. Knight of the Sacred Seal is worthwhile in that build too.

JaronK

Draz74
2007-05-31, 12:02 PM
And for something completely different, consider Warlock X/Hellfire Warlock 3, with a Major Bloodline, plus just enough Binder to bind two vestiges. Bind Lejere and Naberius... I'll let you figure out what that build is so powerful. Knight of the Sacred Seal is worthwhile in that build too.

JaronK

Why Leraje? Are you claiming you can use her Ricochet ability with Eldritch Blast? Because it seems like Ricochet would only work with things that are attack actions in and of themselves (i.e. weapons), not things that are already standard actions to use (e.g. Eldritch Blast).

Exactly what bloodline levels stack with is awfully vague, too ... although it's a pretty safe combo with Hellfire Blast. But does it increase your Effective Binder Level?

Also, to be a Warlock and a Knight of the Sacred Seal, you need to be either LE or NE alignment. Not that this is a deterrent necessarily ... (it fits with the Infernal language requirement of Hellfire Warlock anyway).

JaronK
2007-05-31, 01:11 PM
Lejere should let you ricochet any ranged weaonlike attack, and Eldritch Blast counts, so that's two hits with every shot. Very handy. Binding Naberius then means you heal the con damage in one round, so you become a very effective blaster.

Bloodlines do count for effective binder levels (they explicitly say they raise your level in a class for anything based on class level). But the main boost is the extra 6d6 hellfire blast damage, which is pretty impressive.

JaronK

Draz74
2007-05-31, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I understood the part about making Hellfire Warlock give you +12d6 damage on Eldritch Blasts. That's pretty cool.

I still say you'd better check the Ricochet thing with your DM before you try it. Seems open to interpretation.

Akennedy
2007-05-31, 09:36 PM
Out of ignorance...

What is the hellfire warlock anyway?

jameswilliamogle
2007-05-31, 09:50 PM
Human Binder 15 / KoSS 5 (Chupoclops)
Power Attack (H,B), Leap Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shocktrooper, Improved Initiative, Neraph Charge, Combat Expertise, Deadly Defense, Expel Vestige (B), Rapid Pact Making (B)

Bind Chupoclops, Ipos, Ronove, Malphus. Charge, taking -2 for combat expertise, taking the full penalty off of Power Attack for Headless Charge, Jumping to activate Leap Attack. You get a full attack thanks to Pounce. You rendered your foe flatfooted thanks to Neraph Charge. You have BAB 16.

So, that's 4 attacks at 2d10+32+5d6+d6 damage, 2 claw attacks at d6+32+5d6+d6 damage, and a d6+32+5d6+d6 bite attack, and at your full normal BAB. Use a swift action afterwards to go invisible just for the heck of it.

And thats just the days that you want to do melee. You also can craft any item, heal like a champ, sneak like an invisible stalker, and gain knowledge bonuses of like +23, and can pick Knowledge Local for any location you could ever possibly want to visit.

Oh... did you say you wanted a good build or a broken build? Sorry...

Dhavaer
2007-05-31, 10:02 PM
Out of ignorance...

PrC that allows you to increase Eldritch Blast damage in exchange for taking Con damage.

Draz74
2007-05-31, 10:04 PM
Out of ignorance...

This is him. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061207a&page=3)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-01, 08:22 AM
Okay, thank you very much everyone. I think I'm going to go Binder 15, Kotss 5, focusing on chupoclops. Thanks again for your suggestions everyone.

Blackdeath
2007-06-19, 06:01 PM
For future reference, how about making it decidedly evil?

From your friendly neighbourhood party smasher,

Blackdeath