PDA

View Full Version : You'll never get me lucky charms! [Subrace]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-03, 02:13 PM
Gnome Subrace: Leprechaun
- -2 Str, +2 Con, +4 Cha. Leprechauns are tough but weak like their gnomish cousins and also charming little devils.
- Humanoid (Gnome): Leprechauns are humanoids with the (gnome) subtype.
- Small: As a Small creature, a leprechaun gains a +1 size bonus to +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- A leprechauns base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions and charm effects.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion and enchantment spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on all Perform checks
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Spell-Like Abilities: at will - charm person, dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation; 1/day - silent image, suggestion; 1/year - Wish (only usable on those who have found your pot o' gold)
- Favored Class: Bard
- Challenge Rating: 2
- Level Adjustment: +2

Leprechauns are usually chaotic. Leprechaun clerics have access to the Chaos, Luck, and Trickery domains.

--

I made this when my friend Kettle (an almost true to life leprechaun) mentioned them being very gnome-like in his opinion. So I made this, and he's going to make sure to play one.

puppyavenger
2007-06-03, 02:23 PM
hat no rainbow majic?

Poppatomus
2007-06-03, 02:36 PM
No Alignment Either?

Also, just me, but I feel they should get a racial bonus when fighting against, Rabbits, Vampires, Tropical birds, tigers, flying insects, and Djinni.

puppyavenger
2007-06-03, 02:54 PM
what cerial has a djin as a spokes creature?

Poppatomus
2007-06-03, 03:09 PM
lol. I had actually typed, "one of these things is not like the other, but is still a reference" but I deleted it.

For me there are two Leprechauns: Lucky charms (hence all the mascots) and The Leprechaun (as in "Garth it's The Leprechaun" "ahh!!")

when I think of the latter, the other film series that immediatly springs to mind is The Wishmaster, also about a creature that popular culture considers harmless that actually turns out fairly evil. Similar tone, similar production values, similar time periods of release and popularity. (if not clear, Wishmaster is about a Djinn)

Although, there should be Djinni-o's somewhere. That would be pretty cool.

Sorry about the Hijack Krimm. It's a cool race though.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-03, 04:49 PM
Quite alright.:smallsmile: Anyone have critiques on it?

Smiley_
2007-06-03, 05:05 PM
I would classify it as a fey rather than a humanoid.

other than that, reduce STR and increase INT and DEX. Reduce the CHA modifier to +2.

anything "at will" is a bit much for a CR2 creature, but there aren't any bonus hit dice for being a monster, so it's up to you.

Orzel
2007-06-03, 05:12 PM
No +1000 touch AC and grapple checks vs small children?

seems pretty good. Mean sorcs, pallies, and bards. I'd keep the STR penalty though. They're still small little things.

Maerok
2007-06-03, 07:11 PM
when I think of the latter, the other film series that immediatly springs to mind is The Wishmaster, also about a creature that popular culture considers harmless that actually turns out fairly evil. Similar tone, similar production values, similar time periods of release and popularity. (if not clear, Wishmaster is about a Djinn)

Although, there should be Djinni-o's somewhere. That would be pretty cool.

Sorry about the Hijack Krimm. It's a cool race though.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Wishmaster vs. Leprechaun movie, a la Jason vs. Freddy? I've seen a trailer for it but it never really came about I guess...

EvilElitest
2007-06-03, 09:10 PM
Fluff please

And i swear i've seen one of these before
from,
EE