PDA

View Full Version : My First Time Homebrewing, sooo... [Feat]

F.H. Zebedee
2007-06-03, 04:56 PM
Adaptable Wielding
You have learnt how to strike with various points of your weapon to vary the damage it inflicts.
Prerequisites: Dex 11, Quick Draw
Benefit: When this character is wielding a weapon that they are proficient with that deals Piercing damage, they may choose at the beginning of the turn to either take a -2 to attack and -1 to damage and make the weapon deal Slashing damage for all attacks during that turn, or take a -3 to attack and a -3 to damage and make the weapon deal Bludgeoning damage for all attacks during that turn.
When this character is wielding a weapon that they are proficient with that deals Slashing damage, they may choose at the beginning of the turn to either take a -3 to attack and make the weapon deal Piercing damage for all attacks during that turn, or take a -4 to attack and a -2 to damage and make the weapon deal Bludgeoning damage for all attacks during that turn.

If I missed an entry somewhere in a rulebook on how to do this within the rules, then I feel stupid. Basically, throwing the fighters a bone by making them need to carry less weapons around.

Matthew
2007-06-13, 03:45 PM
Hmmn. This idea seems kind of off base to me and the prerequisites seem kind of arbitrary... I see the idea behind allowing some weapons to do different types of damage, but I don't think a Feat that reduces AB and DB to allow it is necessarily the best idea.

Abjurer
2007-06-14, 09:29 AM
I simply allow my players to deal other types of damage, at penalties similar to those. You could have the feat reduce those penalties, and you could have Improved and Greater adaptable wielding.

Matthew
2007-06-16, 05:08 PM
Hmmn. Yeah, the Damage Type system is a bit silly anyway. In my opinion, a Long Sword, for instance, should be able to do Piercing or Slashing Lethal Damage normally, but Bludgeoning when doing Non Lethal Damage.