PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Blast

enderrocksonall
2007-06-05, 02:16 PM
I'm trying to make a reformed warlock who has taken an oath not to kill. Vow of peace pretty much. Does anyone know of a way to get non-lethal damage out of an eldritch blast?

JackMage666
2007-06-05, 03:11 PM
As is, cannot be done...

Ask you DM to allow a Least Blast Invocation called Merciful Blast. Allows your Eldritch Blast to do Non-lethal damage, equal to normal Eldritch Blast.

Person_Man
2007-06-05, 03:52 PM
There is a way to do it, but its convoluted.

Take the Subduing Strike feat from BoED. This allows you to make non-lethal attacks with your melee weapon. Use the Hideous Blow Invocation to channel your Eldritch Blast through your melee weapon. This will allow you to deal Eldritch Blast as non-lethal damage.

However, your damage will scale very, very poorly. So I would suggest being virtually any other class if you want to use this concept. For example, the Non-Lethal Substitution feat allows you to deal non-lethal damage with any spell. Purify Spell allows a spell to deal no damage to Good creatures, and more damage to Evil creatures. So a pacifist Sorcerer might be a much better idea.

Damionte
2007-06-05, 03:52 PM
Just stop blasting people.

Rad
2007-06-05, 04:00 PM
from corresponding feats that exist for spells and sneak attack, I would allow a feat that removes 1d6 from the blast to make it nonlethal. Probably it is a bit underpowered though (as the corresponding feats in my opinion are)

enderrocksonall
2007-06-05, 04:29 PM
how about using unarmed attacks with the improved unarmed strike feat and then electing to deal subdual damage. Using the hideous low should allow me to channel the blast through my fist right?

Stevenson
2007-06-05, 04:59 PM
Personally, I'd allow for nonlethal substitution to apply to eldritch blast. But hey.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-05, 07:16 PM
Ask you DM to allow a Least Blast Invocation called Merciful Blast. Allows your Eldritch Blast to do Non-lethal damage, equal to normal Eldritch Blast.
Something like that would be an Eldritch Essence invocation, though. Relying on that would close off the use of other essences.

But a Nonlethal Substitution-esque feat would leave it open. Though since Nonlethal Substitution does have a Spell Level adjustment (don't see why, though), such a feat would probably have limited per-day uses like the other Spell-like Ability Metamagics.

Could create a combination of both. Save the use of the feat for when you need an extra Essence, otherwise use the Essence.

Fixer
2007-06-06, 06:50 AM
I recall a prestige class in Complete Mage (I think) that allowed a warlock to channel his eldritch blasts into something OTHER than damaging blasts.

Also, your PC can shoot at weapons/armor/equipment instead of the NPCs.