PDA

View Full Version : Can u give advice.

MizuDevil
2015-12-03, 02:24 PM
Can you recommend some role-playing system?
I played with friends for some time and we faced the problem that we want something new.
We played:
Pathfinder, D&D, Shadowrun, Dark heresy.
Do you know some systems with interesting setting?

Kid Jake
2015-12-03, 02:31 PM
Off the top of my head:
Atomic Highway
World of Darkness
Deadlands
Paranoia
Mutants and Masterminds
Eclipse Phase
Dogs In The Vineyard
Shard
RuneQuest

Anderlith
2015-12-03, 02:41 PM
World of Darkness Hunter: The Vigil

MERP

Can I ask what it is that has your group burnt out? Sometimes all you need is a setting change to revitalize a game system

MizuDevil
2015-12-03, 03:00 PM
Most of all we played in Pathfinder. For all the time its just bother us. Even new book with some classes not much change something.
Time to time when changes GM feels like nothing has changed.

Anderlith
2015-12-03, 03:33 PM
Have you tries running a gunpowder setting game of ships & intrigue? A lowtech sword & sorcery game. Conan style? A roman military style game with men versus some other player race like elves or dwarves?

I'm not trying to be pedantic or anything I just trying to give suggestions. Maybe have everyone play a caster in a world without magic casters. Feel & setting is more about vibe & culture than names & classes

The Shadowdove
2015-12-03, 06:15 PM
World of Darkness Hunter: The Vigil

MERP

Can I ask what it is that has your group burnt out? Sometimes all you need is a setting change to revitalize a game system

i second hunter.
I havent gotten to play vigil, just reckoning, but it was great.

Especially if you have a cohesive crew.

Monsters tend to take wit to kill, as the players are at a handicap in some form or another.

its like that show supernatural. which i wouldnt be surprised if they said was based loosely on hunter.

nedz
2015-12-03, 06:47 PM
Paranoia — Humorous Dystopic Sc Fi
Call of Cthulu — Lovecraftian Horror
WFRP — gritty low magic fantasy