PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Some revised races and classes for SPACE DND (5e)

1Forge
2015-12-07, 12:33 AM
So here are my revised things for my space dnd setting I run at the local high school club.

Sci-Fi Races:
Human:
use the 5e handbook for it's stats. (optional trade a skill bonus or feat for a cybernetic enhancement)
you cannot receive spell points naturally though some magics and enhancements may change that.
Eladrin:
+1 int
fey step: you can teleport 30 ft to any place you can see as a bonus action (this can be replenished after a short rest)
speed 30
Rune vision: for 30ft you can see other magic weilders, sources of magic and spells. you can attempt to identify a spell you see with a DC:15 intelligence check.
Darkvision 60ft
you have 2 spell points at first level.
Lore: Eladrin lived with humans and seraphs but the ones that travled with humans became elves and eventually became extinct (at least as far as humans know). All living eladrin came from the same planet as seraphs they also might hold a level of racism twoards humanity.
Kender
+2 int, +1 dex
speed 25
small: you are harder to hit and cover is more advantagous for you
Engineers affinity: you add half your proficeincy to computors and engineering checks if you are not proficient.
Darkvision 60 ft
Brave: you haveadvantage on saving throws vs being frightened.
Lucky: (use the PHB halfling rules for lucky)
Lore: Kender used to be halflings, exiled from earth by humanity they along with gnomes fled through a magical rift before humanity could wipe them out like they did to dwarves and elves. They re-surfaced thousands of years later during the war between planets. They are rare and secretive having told no one where they went and why they came back. If you wish to play this race please talk to your DM so he/she can fill you in.
Seraph:
+1 int or wis,+2 cha
resistance to 1 energy damage type.
speed 30
Rune vision: for 30ft you can see other magic weilders, sources of magic and spells. you can attempt to identify a spell you see with a DC:15 intelligence check.
you have 2 spell points at first level and can know one spell related to your affinity.
Lore: Seraphs and humans share a common ancestor that seperated early in their history. They never lost their attunement to magic like we did and they maintain a certain elemental affinity. Though recently humans and seraphs have been more friendly to each other they have a rough history and may hold varying amounts of racism.
Robot
Fluid mind: during a long rest you can switch any two of your ability scores, or two proficiencys.
Heart of Logic: You are immune to all psychic effects, mindcontrol, exhaustion, fatigue, horror, fear, emotion, ect. you cannot fail a will saving throw
Undying code: you do not heal damage naturally (you must repair yourself) but you can survive as a program or subroutine as long as your mother chip survives, if your body is damaged you can be installed into any other robot or computer. (DC 15 int check for a hostile system)
Networking: you can network with nonhostile systems as a bonus action and wirelessly control them. Hostile systems require a hacking check.
Frame of iron: you are resistant to acid, cold, slashing and piercing damage, you also do not need food or oxygen to survive. You cannot be poisoned.
speed 30 ft
you cannot obtain spell points.
Lore: Humanity created artificial intelligece, and though they go by many different names robots all run off the same main operating system that was designed on earth by Gregory and Jacky Hales. Robots cannot own property nor can they vote. Some have subroutines that emulate emotion but they cannot have feelings but may have been programmed with a goal or ambition.
Cyborg
+2 int +1 con
Internal servers: Cyborgs have resistance to all psychic effects, and have advantage on all will saving throws. Magic cannot put you to sleep.
Skill versitility: you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
speed 30 ft
Lore: Cyborgs are a mix of robot and man. It is extremely rare for a seraph or a eladrin to become cybernetically enhanced but it has happened. what separates a cyborg from a cybernetically enhanced human is their dependance on their machinery, they need it to survive and it is an integral part of your body. Some cyborgs are almost indistinguishable from robots , while others look like humans on the outside.
Mutant
+2 con, +1 to one other stat of your choice
choose one:
Mountainus endurance: you have advantage on all athletics checks and con-based saving throws
Unfailing insight: you have advantage on all perception checks and wisdom-based saving throws.
Natural Nimbleness: you have advantage on all acrobatics checks and reflex saving throws.
Unnatural strength: you have advantage on all athletics checks and str-based savig throws.
Engineered cells: You have advantage on all poison saving throws.
speed 30 ft
Lore: A mutant or a genetically enhanced human can take many shapes but are generally bi-pedal, ampudexturous and are often capable of speech. Human experimentation was outlawed a while ago but the ancestors of the old experiments still survive today. I'ts most common to find animal based mutants (due to their ability to reproduce) but other variants do roam the stars.

Special races (Shhh this is DM stuff)
Titan
Awakened one
Gensai
Aarakroca

So please leave your thoughts on them!
(note: I'm using the DMG's table for weapons, and i'm using custom armours and shields that provide varying amounts of resistance and AC changing the game balance slightly, yes the players are going to be squishy because i'm not increasing the standard hp but technology will balance that)

1Forge
2016-04-29, 05:03 PM
SCi-Fi Classes:
Soldier:
level-prof bonus, features
(use the fighter table)
Fighting styles:
Precision:+2 to all ranged attack rolls
Defense:+1 to AC while wearing armour
Side arm training: +2 damage to all attcks you make while shooting with only one weapon that is one handed in your hand.
Dual pistol training: You may add your ability modifier to your second attack damage.
Loyalty: Whenever an ally within 5 feet of you is attacked you may choose to make yourself the target of their attack.
Archtypes:
Space Marine- Use the champion bonuses
Combat Veteran- Use battle master
War Channeler-Use eldritch knight bonuses

Scoundrel:
Level prof's & features (use rogue unless otherwise specified):
Replace thieves cant with Darknet access.
Replace slippery mind with superior charm (advantage on all diplomacy checks)
Archtypes:
Criminal (use assassin)
Smuggler (use Thief)
second story work is replaced with: sub-light manuvers (your wait time to jump is halved and it takes twice as long for people to scan a ship you are pioleting)
use magic device is replaced with: hack privet consol
Channel Shifter (use arcane trickster)

Scout:
Features and other bonuses (use ranger table)
instead of spellcasting at leval 2 you receive:
Two maneuvers of your choice, which are chosen from the list of maneuvers available to fighters with the Battle Master archetype from the 5th edition ruleset.
You learn one additional maneuver of your choice at 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th levels. Each time you learn a new maneuver, you can also replace one maneuver you know with a different one.
Superiority Dice. You have four superiority dice, which are d8s. A superiority die is expended when you use it.
You gain another superiority die at 9th level and one more at 17th level.
Saving Throws: Maneuver save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice)
at 3rd leval you double your proficiency in first aid
Archtypes:

Sorceror:

Archtypes:
Draconic Bloodline is replaced with Vialan heritage: Armour of magic a sheen of energy forms faintly around you(use draconic resiliance)

at 6th level you gain an elemental affinity if you do not have one and if you already do you become immune to that element.

at 14th level instead of dragon wings you receive Avatar of Viala: Your body is surrounded by a magical aura corresponding with your element, for 10 turns any attack you make is imbued with magic. Each attack is considered both energy and physical in nature and deals an extra 1d4+your charisma modifier damage.

Wild magic has no changes.[

Final Hyena
2016-04-29, 05:19 PM
Stars without Dragons

Anyway I noticed a few things that said you get this, and I couldn't see a reference to what that is e.g. hack privet consol. Also the races could use some formatting, my eyes overloaded, I know I'm a baby.

1Forge
2016-05-06, 11:05 PM
Stars without Dragons

Anyway I noticed a few things that said you get this, and I couldn't see a reference to what that is e.g. hack privet consol. Also the races could use some formatting, my eyes overloaded, I know I'm a baby.

Ah I see the confusion this was referencing other rules I had sent to my local players in a PDF. I do admit I definitely need to neaten things up.

(Edit: There I organized it a little bit, it should be enough for now)

(Edit2: I'll see if I can post the rules from the PDF, but I'm not sure as some of the rules in there are based off the DMG and I cant post those rules on these forms...)