PDA

View Full Version : Custom prestige class magic gunslinger

cheezu
2015-12-13, 07:24 PM
So I came up with an idea for a fun character type that I wanted to make but couldn't find anything that does what I want so I thoughe I might try to build a custom prestige class to do what I want

So basically the thought was what if there was a gunslinger who instead of bullets could shoot rays or cones out of guns now I'm just looking for suggestions on how to go about building this and reference ideas
Also I want it to be relatively balanced
I'll post more as I make progress on the build and am hoping to have a fun class by the end

torrasque666
2015-12-13, 07:35 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder? Because Pathfinder has two solutions: The Spellslinger, a wizard archetype who channels their spells through their gun, and the Techslinger, a gunslinger archetype who specializes is FRIKKEN LAZER BEAMS

2015-12-13, 07:35 PM
Sounds familiar... (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/spellslinger)

EDIT: Damnable ninjas!

cheezu
2015-12-13, 07:50 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder? Because Pathfinder has two solutions: The Spellslinger, a wizard archetype who channels their spells through their gun, and the Techslinger, a gunslinger archetype who specializes is FRIKKEN LAZER BEAMS
Well it would be pathfinder and I'll look at those classes but what I was thinking was building so the class could enchant their ammo with a spells at the start of the day in the same way a wizard prepares spells
And try and figure out a balance of how many rounds he could prepare this way but I would place a restriction that he's unable to cast the spells any other way but the plus side would be he could soot multiple shots in a round given his attack bonus was high enough thus being able to deal a number of effects in a round but the spells would have to be less potent then their regular counterparts

SangoProduction
2015-12-14, 01:18 AM
Or, you can just refluff the existing class.

cheezu
2015-12-14, 02:40 AM
That's basically what I'm doing mostly looking for suggestions

tsj
2015-12-22, 12:07 PM
I have homebrewed a rogue gunmage 3.5e prc with this abiliyy

Jormengand
2015-12-22, 01:34 PM
So I came up with an idea for a fun character type that I wanted to make but couldn't find anything that does what I want so I thoughe I might try to build a custom prestige class to do what I want

So basically the thought was what if there was a gunslinger who instead of bullets could shoot rays or cones out of guns now I'm just looking for suggestions on how to go about building this and reference ideas
Also I want it to be relatively balanced
I'll post more as I make progress on the build and am hoping to have a fun class by the end

Isn't it just as well that I have a base class for this? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?327549-The-Spellslinger-3-P-base-class-PEACH)