PDA

View Full Version : New Advancement System

JaminDM
2016-01-23, 06:44 AM
Do you think that this is too complicated and if so, how could I simplify it?:

Every 6+Level-int mod/2 failures, one gets a rank in that skill. (6+Level-int mod/2)x4 for combat skills.

For combat, they gain half a point for all other melee/missile/thrown weapon, 3/4 point for the type of weapon as well as one point for the specific weapon.

Practicing gains you a point of experience for every 1 day you practice. Some skills cannot be practiced, some can only be practiced.

When you do a skill, you will usually (depending on the attribute) gain an experience point for that attribute. You need 72XP to gain a point in an attribute.

HP gains experience for the amount of damage taken. It takes 360XP to upgrade.

Feats cost 50gp a day to learn from a trainer and take 18-intelligence/2 days to learn. (Class abilities have been converted to feats).

Zireael
2016-02-03, 07:01 AM
Too vague atm.

For combat, they gain half a point for all other melee/missile/thrown weapon, 3/4 point for the type of weapon as well as one point for the specific weapon.

What is a point here? A point of damage? A skill rank?

Practicing gains you a point of experience for every 1 day you practice. Some skills cannot be practiced, some can only be practiced.

Which skills can be practiced? Which can't? What is there to make me adventure instead of sitting on my butt practicing 360 days a year to earn 360 xp without any danger whatsoever?

When you do a skill, you will usually (depending on the attribute) gain an experience point for that attribute.
How often is usually?

TheYell
2016-02-03, 11:34 AM
I agree with Ziraeal that this needs expansion.

Also for ease of counting instead of awarding half points and three quarter points and points , make the quarter point 1 point and award 4 points for your full point action , and multilpy costs by 4 . That way its easier to track points because you always have whole numbers.