PDA

View Full Version : "A king without an army is just a man in a funny hat."

Jakman217
2016-01-27, 10:08 PM
So, I've built up a class for the mythos system over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?335295-Mythos-Compendium).

Rather than Copy/Pasting everything again, I'll just link to the wiki page (http://mythos-compendium.wikia.com/wiki/Megaligeti) and keep this for open discussion purely.

To start, as of this post the Megaligeti is almost complete. Currently the biggest problems against immediate completion is a mixture of fearful balancing, and ideas for Exalted Mythos and Excellencies.

There are 5 core ideas at the heart of the class I call threads.
Paragon - Improving yourself to be a better leader.
Commander - Being a better buffer, and so being a better leader.
Diplomat - Being a better out of combat talker to be a better leader.
Manipulator - A subtle controller that attempts to redirect the efforts of those around him to be a better leader.
And Autocrat - Being an undeniable authority through sheer force of will to gain control of a situation.

Some I think I've done better than others, but I hope I've done decently with what's already there. All comments, questions, concerns, and help would be appreciated.

LINK AGAIN! (http://mythos-compendium.wikia.com/wiki/Megaligeti)

ImperatorV
2016-01-28, 01:46 AM
Ok, first, there are some formatting issues with the page, in particular the top banner and quote get cut off.

Second, I don't really like [Ability] Perfecting Desire. Most of the other mythos classes get 2-3 ability scores they can boost via excellencies, why should the leader get all six? I'd say give him cha and con.

Bottomless Hunger for Pleasure is awesome. Someone learned from Alexander the Great's mistake.

Question regarding Loyalty to a Grand Idea: Are the loyalists part of your regular number of followers or separate? And if separate, are there level limits?

The Shintai's are both cool.

Jakman217
2016-01-28, 02:53 AM
Ok, first, there are some formatting issues with the page, in particular the top banner and quote get cut off.

Will fix.

Second, I don't really like [Ability] Perfecting Desire. Most of the other mythos classes get 2-3 ability scores they can boost via excellencies, why should the leader get all six? I'd say give him cha and con.

Actually, from what I've seen in a number of them they either get a way to become near perfectly SAD or replace magic items with excellencies. Bellator Replaces Dex and Con with Strength and doesn't really care about Int, Wis, or Cha. Dinyomi (the class I more or less based this class off of) has the exact same thing as this, as does the Agios, Anakitos, Epifovian, Jagannatha, Kathodos, Kreikiri (I stopped searching here). Those that don't have something like this excellency have a way to become completely SAD for what they care about (See Bellator). Only the Askopar didn't have anything like this, and it didn't even get a SAD ability.

Bottomless Hunger for Pleasure is awesome. Someone learned from Alexander the Great's mistake.
I thought it would be appropriate.

Question regarding Loyalty to a Grand Idea: Are the loyalists part of your regular number of followers or separate? And if separate, are there level limits?
Technically, it should be considered separate (basically it's for PC's or those special NPC's) I'll update it to say that.

The Shintai's are both cool.

Thank you, though I feel Immortality of the True Leader Shintai could use a bit of improvement, and True Multiplicitous Mask Controlling Shintai could use a bit of clean-up.

Allnightmask
2016-01-28, 04:06 PM
I kinda hope you can just post it here. My lil rig can't take the wikia ads without crashing.

Jakman217
2016-01-28, 04:13 PM
My lil rig can't take the wikia ads without crashing.

Unfortunately, the work required would be tremendous. I suggest using Ghostery and/or Ublock Origin, both are really good ad and unwanted script blockers and should help quite a bit. They'll even stop youtube ads. If you can't get that to work I'll see about getting a google doc version to share.

Zenna
2016-01-28, 05:19 PM
http://pastebin.com/gu77wJx5
Heres an incredibly sloppy paste job of the mythos

Glorious Self-Realizing Pressure: The Leader's story is never truly built upon falsehood, it is in fact built upon a powerful, even horrifying truth. The leader has never truly cared what others thought of him, because he knew his destiny and power better than anyone. He knows it so well that even doubt cannot find a home in his mind. It may bite at him, but it is little more than a passing annoyance. It matters not to the Leader what others think of him, but it matters to those who know him. Be he a man or a god in their eyes, it does not change his destiny

However, this knowledge affects those who know of him deeply. The more of him they know, the more they come to fear or admire him. Upon sight, if uncertain about anyone in his presence knowing about him have them roll a knowledge(Nobility/Royalty) as though they were trained in the skill (can get higher than 10 on the roll without ranks). The DC for this check is 35 - Level - Charisma Modifier. If they beat the DC, they know of the Megaligeti and are under the full sway of his glory, if they fail then they are free of his sway, recognizing his presence and knowing his name, but not connecting the two.

If the Megaligeti wishes to enlighten them he and his allies may tell those who don't know about his glory. This forces them to re-roll the check, with a cumulative +1 for every person who has attempted to teach them about the Megaligeti. It requires a standard action to tell about him. Even if the same people attempt the knowledge, they may continue to force rerolls until successful. Someone who is told to roll must roll. Additional bonuses may be given by the DM if they role-play the speech to inform the person. If a person spends a period of time greater than 24 hours they are considered to know him.

However, sometimes events conspire to hide the truth. If a Megaligeti is brought low, as to make others believe he is weak, they are not considered to be effected by his Glorious Self-Realizing Pressure. For example if he is made to cower, or run away from a conflict from fear. It is up to the DM as to what meets this requirement, but it should be inglorious and shameful. Once a Megaligeti has recovered however, the effect returns.

Threads of leadership: A leader has many roads to power. No one method is greater or lesser to the leader, but he has his preferences. Each thread denotes a line of powers which a leader can focus on. These lines are not exclusive, and should be used as needed to meet challenges.

Paragon – “Nobility is not being superior to your fellow man; True nobility is being superior to your former self.” A Paragon follows this path to improve himself, making him both stronger, and more independent, able to lead his followers from the front, and allowing him to face challenges alone. Bonus: For every 2 Abilities with this thread, gain a +1 innate bonus to Constitution.
Commander – “Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy.” A leader may be powerful and impressive on his own, but he is far better when he leads others. Even a leader who puts his own prowess first is better with followers. The thread of this power is to improve not himself, but his allies. Empowering them and multiplying their strength. Bonus: For every 2 abilities with this thread, gain a +1 to your attack and damage.
Diplomat – “Diplomacy, n. is the art of letting somebody else have your way.” Often, a leader must deal with people who don't wish to follow, but don't directly oppose him. When a third party must be confronted, but neither inspiring speeches, nor direct violence are the proper answer, this is when diplomacy must enter. The threads of diplomacy are not about commands or confrontation, but compromise. The more a leader follows this path, the better they become at convincing others, whether it is convincing them to join him, or simply stay out of his way is his choice. Bonus: For every 2 Abilities with this thread, gain a +1 insight bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Gather Information, and Sense motive.
Manipulator – “Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.” When direct action cannot solve a problem, sometimes manipulation is required. A leader versed in this thread is infamous for his wiles, and becomes even more dangerous as he makes his enemies think twice. Often they become his unwitting pawns, following his will without realizing it. The more versed in this a leader is, the better he is at directing the footsteps of his enemies. This is much more difficult to resist, but often much smaller in it's effects. Bonus: For every 2 abilities with this thread, gain a +1 insight bonus to Decipher Script, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Hide, and Move Silently.
Autocrat – “It is a great matter to be in authority over others; for authority, if it be rightly used, will make you feared beyond your actual resources.” Many leaders, for better and worse, don't seek to empower others, but to control others. It's an inevitable fact that a leader may have to use this route also. The threads of an Autocrat empowers the autocrat to make others follow his orders. As he gains power from these threads it becomes harder to refuse his commands. As an autocrat does not have authority but absolute authority, even reality and the gods can be made to obey his commands. Bonus: For every 2 abilities with this thread increase gain a +1 Charisma.