PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Comment, for the love of God! Comment!

ElfLad
2006-07-28, 01:04 PM
Here (http://legendary.comicgenesis.com) is a comic that I've been working on lately. I've been working out the storyline aspects for about a few months and I've started uploading the comics recently. I've been hesitant to link directly, but I've decided to bite the bullet. It's currently updating Mondays and Thursdays.

To give a little background, it's a console RPG parody, and the main character, Lionel Glenrose, is a recently graduated White Mage.

Legendary has recently hit comic #10, and I've made quite a few important announcements, so go ahead and check 'em out.

Ciao.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-08-10, 08:46 PM
I. Love. Legendary! While the big things, like the whole "Country=One City" thing were priceless (the same thought has crossed my mind more than once), the little things like mentioning Tales of Symphonia, Calling Aeris Aerith (that's considered canon now btw) and having a white mage as a main character (a guy white mage no less) are the glue that ties these ten strips of awesomeness together! Keep up the good work.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-10, 09:03 PM
I just read the whole thing, and I must say I'm impressed. I think its cool that I actually GET the jokes for once.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-08-11, 03:05 PM
Lol. Seriously.

ElfLad
2006-09-07, 02:25 AM
Hey, guys, Legendary has just had an art upgrade, and feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Also, now it's got a MWF schedule.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-09-07, 02:18 PM
Having randomly looked at one strip of your comic before*, I have to say I like the art upgrade. I also quite enjoy the comic now that I've actually read through it; it's like 8BT in its early stages when it made jokes about its actual subject, rather than just senseless violence and parodying people Clevinger doesn't like. Not that the latter two aren't funny...

Highlights include: "I put them in my hand. Duh." and the traditional "Sigh. Times are tough."

*you, or someone else, was citing the Two Taurioles strip as a counterexample to my claim that Dominic Deegan has the worst puns in the universe. Knight Vision still wins.

Ink
2006-09-12, 10:22 AM
ElfLad, I really like your comic, it is very good. Your new stick art is neat and looks nice. I also liked the old laid-back colour pencil art you did before.. that was kinda your own style. Either way, the characters look great and you are doing a nice job. Keep it up.

theKOT
2006-09-22, 09:28 PM
Very good. The jokes are very relevant and fresh. You can REALLY see the influences of 8bit and OOTS, and I'm not talking about the art. My favorite strip was the one about equiping things. Another good one is the most recent, showing how games sometimes literally hit you over the head with a tutorial. This comic is going on my link bar.

X15lm204
2006-09-25, 08:44 PM
Fantastic job so far! ;) You had me at "I'm not even sure my name was Lionel before today."

*resumes pining over RPG World: Oh Lienne Diane, how we miss you!*

Waf
2006-09-26, 01:05 AM
Best two were the opening the door and equipping items. Is this your first comic, because if so you are doing incredible for just starting out.

ElfLad
2006-09-26, 03:20 AM
It's my first official comic, I used to do a few little sprite comics, but those were never hosted and are now lost in the mists of time.

And it had better be good, I was planning the whole storyline, backstories, etc. out for at least two months before I started drawing them. It's really helpful to know exactly where the comic's going before you even start writing it.

Waf
2006-09-26, 04:16 PM
Amen to that. I think I threw out 3-4 fully fleshed out ideas before I ended up on the one I liked.

ElfLad
2006-09-27, 03:43 AM
BTW, as a refutation of your second comic, I have a storyline with a staff, a sword, and even some type of snake subspecies, but no penis jokes.

Either I'm an exception to the rule, or I'm doomed to fail.

Waf
2006-09-28, 10:17 PM
Rule Exceptional or not... YOU FOUND 1X FANART
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/wafzilla/lionelmini.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/wafzilla/lionel.png)

I did my style of Cleric Armor on him as I gotta leave my mark, but he does have his own items and such.

ElfLad
2006-09-28, 10:42 PM
I love it. I'll need to make a page for that. A winner is you.