PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Dragon's Dogma Themed Homebrew Interest Check

Wartex1
2016-02-01, 11:13 PM
I was wondering how much people here would like some homebrewed classes, monsters, weapons, items, spells, and whatnot based around Dragon's Dogma.

In case you don't know, Dragon's Dogma was a 2012 Roleplaying Game developed by Capcom that placed a heavy focus on learning and exploiting various tactics to take down a myriad of powerful foes. Well-received critically, thought not a huge commercial success, Dragon's Dogma received an updated rerelease in 2013 titled Dark Arisen which featured a sizeable optional dungeon called Bitterblack Isle, which provided a great deal of challenge. Just a few weeks ago a PC version of Dark Arisen was just released, and a Japan-only Free to Play MMO titled Dragon's Dogma Online was released last year.

Anyways, the reason I'm asking this is because, to me, Dragon's Dogma is the best "Dungeons and Dragons" video game experience I've ever had, which, while not perfectly capturable on paper, definitely has many excellent ideas that could translate to Dungeons and Dragons itself. I once attempted to make a homebrew version of one of the classes present in the game, which turned out decently though could be reworked, but I would be willing to create and compile a collection of homebrew based around the Dragon's Dogma franchise.

However, I'm wondering if the community here would be appreciative an endeavor, or if anyone else here would be interested in the project as well.

Erdrick
2017-06-08, 08:37 PM
I know this is a LONG time since you posted this, but I've been looking around to see if it's possible to make the Mystic knight or the Magic Archer in a DnD campaign without being OP. I would really appreciate the help if your still offering.