PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you guys heard of Baby Bestiary?

Agrippa
2016-02-05, 06:34 PM
I just stumbled on a product called Baby Bestiary (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/149601/Baby-Bestiary-Handbook-Vol-1?affiliate_id=10748). Now it's apparently aimed mostly at the old school D&D market, but it can be adapted to at least some other editions and games. I think in large part due to the book's topic of the care and raising baby monsters into adulthood. There's also a Kickstarter for the second book (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/metalweavedesigns/baby-bestiary-volume-2-and-vol-1-reprint) in the series. As I implied before, I have no part in the creation of this work and don't stand to profit from it.

CombatBunny
2016-02-08, 12:40 PM
Dawww!

That's the kind of material that we need to be lots more!

I love cuteness and tenderness on my games n.n

I didn't knew about that book but thank you for sharing, I will certainly buy it.

AMFV
2016-02-08, 03:13 PM
That is epic, the art is amazing, and the concept is just incredible. I'm definitely going to have to buy that to use in my games, definitely not because of the adorable baby monster art.

goto124
2016-02-08, 09:58 PM
Does it have baby penguins?

Rosstin
2016-02-08, 11:03 PM
This is cool, I'm into this. I wish we thought more about the monsters, the poor poor monsters...

AMFV
2016-02-08, 11:23 PM
This is cool, I'm into this. I wish we thought more about the monsters, the poor poor monsters...

I don't know, I think piglets and calves are pretty adorable and I'm fine with treating the adults as a food source.

Pluto!
2016-02-09, 08:47 AM
The price tag looks a bit high for my own general use, but it seems like a gift that would go over extremely well with certain friends I've had.

AMFV
2016-02-09, 08:49 AM
The price tag looks a bit high for my own general use, but it seems like a gift that would go over extremely well with certain friends I've had.

That's the only concern I'd have. I might wind up supporting their second book's kickstarter, since that way you get copies of both. Although I think the main use for me would be to run a Monster Farmer type game, which could be really fun, or a Monster Daycare/Orphanage dealie, which is a type of game concept I don't think I've ever seen. That could actually be really interesting.