PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Cleric Domain: Travel

CartmanTuttle
2016-02-05, 11:47 PM
This is the first draft I conceived for a Travel Domain Cleric.

Bonus Spells:
-1st: Expeditious Retreat, Longstrider
-3rd: Misty Step, Spider Climb
-5th: Blink, Fly
-7th: Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement
-9th: Telekinesis, Teleportation Circle

1st: Traveller: You gain proficiency in the Survival skill if you aren't proficient in it already. If you already are proficient in survival, choose another skill to become proficient in. Double your proficiency bonus in Survival. In addition, you always automatically know which way is north.

2nd: Channel Divinity: Scramble: You may select up to a number of willing individuals equal to your Wisdom Modifier (Minimum of one) within 60 feet of you who can also hear you. You and those selected can immediately make a movement of up to 10 feet that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

6th: Explorer: Your movement speed increases by 10 feet, and you are no longer inhibited by difficult terrain.

8th: Nimble: You have a +1 bonus to your Armor Class, and attacks of opportunity are made against you with disadvantage.

17th: King of the Road: You can no longer be tracked unless you wish to, and you automatically recall any path you have travelled.

Thoughts?

Ralcos
2016-02-05, 11:55 PM

Bonus Spells:

1st: Traveller: You gain proficiency in the Survival skill if you aren't proficient in it already. If you already are proficient in survival, choose another skill to become proficient in. Double your proficiency bonus in Survival. In addition, you always automatically know which way is north.

2nd: Channel Divinity: Scramble: You may select up to a number of willing individuals equal to your Wisdom Modifier (Minimum of one) within 60 feet of you who can also hear you. You and those selected can immediately make a movement of up to 10 feet that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

6th: Explorer: Your movement speed increases by 10 feet, and you are no longer inhibited by difficult terrain.

8th: Nimble: You have a +1 bonus to your Armor Class, and attacks of opportunity are made against you with disadvantage.

17th: King of the Road: You can no longer be tracked unless you wish to, and you automatically recall any path you have travelled.

Thoughts?

This looks nice for campaigns with heavy travelling. No joke intended.

CantigThimble
2016-02-06, 02:27 PM
It lacks any kind of at will damage boost unlike every other cleric domain. I'd include one at 8th. (possibly moving around the current 6th and 8th level features to accommodate it)

The capstone is pretty lackluster. Just an idea for an alternative:
Endless Pilgrimage: As an action you may designate up to 6 creatures. For the next 24 hours those creatures and their mounts do not suffer exhaustion for engaging in a forced march or going without food. In addition their tracks cannot be followed by any other creature and you can follow their tracks automatically. Once you use this feature you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.

Edit: One thing that might be interesting for their damage boost if you don't want to use Potent Cantrip or Divine Strike would be something based on positioning like sneak attack. This fits with and encourages you to use their mobility effects often.

PoeticDwarf
2016-02-06, 03:18 PM

Bonus Spells:

Thoughts?

I like the idea, the features seem fitting but, well, weak.

First, I'd make the channel divinity 30ft, but people have to use their reaction to move up their speed. I think nimble could be replaced by something as dash/bonus action and OAs with disadvantage but that could just be me. Or on level 8 a dmg boost (wisdom mod. on cantrips) but that's alerady mentioned.

Nice work, I like it.