PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Archetype] Kinetic Summoner (Unchained Summoner)

Xuldarinar
2016-02-09, 07:41 PM
KINETIC SUMMONER (UNCHAINED SUMMONER ARCHETYPE)
(WiP)

Elemental Focus (Su): At 1st level, a kinetic summoner chooses one element (Air, earth, fire, void, or water). Their eidolon must be an elemental associated with this element. If the kineticist selects the void element, their eidolon is instead a shadow eidolon. This ability alters the unchained summoner's eidolon.

Kinetic Blast (Sp): At 1st level, a kinetic summoner gains a kinetic blast talent of their choice. This kinetic blast must be a simple blast that matches their element. This functions identically to the kineticist class feature of the same name, except as follows: Physical blast damage increases by 1d6+1 for every 3 kinetic summoner levels beyond 1st. Energy blasts increase by 1d6 for every 3 kinetic summoner levels beyond 1st. A kinetic summoner applies their Charisma modifier to damage instead of their Constitution.

Wild Talents: A kinetic summoner can use wild talents, similar to that of kineticists. These follow all the same rules except as follows: The effective spell-level of a kinetic summoner's wild talents is equal to 1/3 the kinetic summoner's class level, rounded up (to a maximum of 6 at 16th level). The kinetic summoner uses their Charisma score instead of their Constitution score for their wild talents. At 1st level, the kinetic summoner gains the basic kinesis wild talent associated with their chosen element. At 4th level and every three levels thereafter, the kinetic summoner gains a wild talent known, be it an infusion or utility wild talent. A kinetic summoner cannot utilize burn for wild talents gained from the kinetic summoner archetype. This ability replaces the unchained summoner's spellcasting.

Burn Summons (Sp): When a kinetic summoner uses a wild talent, they can expend a use of their summon monster spell-like ability to effectively expend an equal number of points of burn. A kinetic summoner can only expend a single use for this purpose at a time. This limit rises to 2 uses at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional use every 3 levels thereafter.

Enhanced Element (Su): At 10th level, a kinetic summoner expands their understanding of their own element. They gain another simple blast of their element and all composite blast wild talents whose prerequisites she meets. To this end, the kinetic summoner treats their chosen element as both their primary and expanded element. Physical composite blasts used by a kinetic summoner deal an amount of damage equal to 2d6+2 + the kinetic summoner's Charisma modifier, increasing by 2d6+2 for every 3 class levels beyond 1st. Energy composite blasts used by a kinetic summoner deal an amount of damage equal to 2d6 + 1/2 the kinetic summoner's Charisma modifier, increasing by 2d6 for every 3 class levels beyond 1st. This ability replaces Aspect. The kinetic summoner gains Aspect at 18th level in place of Greater Aspect.

Archetype Interactions

Blood Summoner: A kinetic blood summoner takes on the blood focus, making water their primary element. A kinetic blood summoner's eidolon appears as a creature made of blood, but rather than being an elemental it must be any one of the evil aligned eidolon types (daemon, demon, devil, or div). Additionally, a kinetic blood summoner may choose any of the wild talents provided by the blood kineticist archetype as wild talents known. At 10th level, the kinetic blood summoner gains blood blast instead of ice and cold blast.

First Worlder and Wild Caller: Although the first worlder and wild caller archetypes do not function with the unchained summoner, and the kinetic summoner is normally incompatible with the standard summoner, one may apply the above archetype to a first worlder summoner or wild caller summoner. Such an individual takes on wood as their elemental focus.

khadgar567
2016-02-10, 05:37 AM
Small question xulnidar lets say we manage to convince dm to allow synergist playable in our table and i want to use this puppy with synergist to create human torch. What happens can i use both of them same time ?

Xuldarinar
2016-02-10, 02:13 PM
Small question xulnidar lets say we manage to convince dm to allow synergist playable in our table and i want to use this puppy with synergist to create human torch. What happens can i use both of them same time ?

In such a situation, you'd need to apply this archetype on top of a synthesist unchained summoner. One could apply it instead to a standard summoner of the synthesist archetype, but.. The DM would want to limit evolutions as appropriate to the chosen element.

In any case, since they do not change the same things, they should stack just fine.

khadgar567
2016-02-10, 02:17 PM
In such a situation, you'd need to apply this archetype on top of a synthesist unchained summoner. One could apply it instead to a standard summoner of the synthesist archetype, but.. The DM would want to limit evolutions as appropriate to the chosen element.

In any case, since they do not change the same things, they should stack just fine.
thanks mate

Krimm_Blackleaf
2016-02-11, 11:25 PM
This is pretty cool. I like that little spin on the blood focus, too. Good job.

bahamut920
2016-03-26, 03:21 AM
I'd consider making the kinetic summoner a psychic spellcaster, like the mindblade archetype alters the magus' spellcasting, and the psychic bloodline alters the sorcerer's.

Xuldarinar
2016-03-27, 09:50 PM
I'd consider making the kinetic summoner a psychic spellcaster, like the mindblade archetype alters the magus' spellcasting, and the psychic bloodline alters the sorcerer's.

While I don't think that idea is a bad one in its own right, it would defeat the purpose of the archetype as it removes the "Kinetic" element.

Perhaps one can make a psychic summoner, but that is not this archetype.