PDA

View Full Version : Ethergaunt Athar? 3.5

Avigor
2016-02-10, 07:44 AM
I'm wondering, has anyone tried to create a homebrew 4th caste/color of the Ethergaunt with powers more reminiscent of the Athar Defiant instead of (or at least for a small sacrifice of) wizardry, possibly with an additional ability to summon/ create/ control Quell (Libris Mortis) to further screw with clerics?

I'm having dreams of a Blue Ethergaunt, master of disproving the divine, surrounded by Quell (which he can spend his action to boost their Coupled Intercession, boosting both effective level and CHA modifier), toting the feats Apostate and Divine Denial, with all the abilities of an Athar Defiant (using HD instead of class level) plus an additional aura duplicating the benefits of the Shield of the Godless option from the Blessing of the Godless ceremony feat on a continuous basis (and throw in a Turn Resist for his Quell underlings).

Anyone think this should be fleshed out? Anyone more experienced wanna tackle it?

Debihuman
2016-02-10, 11:04 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13440305&postcount=1

Not what you want specifically, but this homebrew has a blue ethergaunt. Also, I'm not familiar with the Althar Defiant, which book are they in?

Debby

Eldan
2016-02-10, 11:13 AM
Athar are one of the philosophical factions of Planescape. They are opposed to the divine on principle. Or rather a lot of principles, what unites them is only that they dislike, not why.

The defiant, specifically, is a prestige class in either the planar handbook or manual of the planes, I can never keep them apart.

Avigor
2016-02-11, 07:55 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13440305&postcount=1

Not what you want specifically, but this homebrew has a blue ethergaunt. Also, I'm not familiar with the Althar Defiant, which book are they in?

Debby

Link seems broken, weirdly... Is it just cause I'm on a tablet?

The color was mostly random, it is the idea of an Ethergaunt caste dedicated to destroying clerics that I'm mostly focusing on.