PDA

View Full Version : The Towns Grave

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-16, 02:33 PM
In the middle of where The Town once stood, there lies a grave.

Woe, for The Town is dead and gone.
We knew it well.

Feel free to mourn. Or dance. Whichever you prefer.

blackout
2007-06-16, 02:44 PM
((:smallconfused: ))

A bird craps on the grave.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-16, 02:52 PM
((Let's face it man. The Town is dead. Dead dead dead. It's still going, I guess, but it's a shadow of its former self.

Just let the Town die in dignity.))

blackout
2007-06-16, 02:58 PM
((....Ooook....It's still kicking, though. At least, that's what it looks like. ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-06-16, 03:05 PM
((Kicking faintly, yes. But there is still a pulse. After all, I'm here.)) :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2007-06-16, 03:39 PM
((dude ur insane. If ur sure the town is dead, than you know WHY its dead, do YOU have anything to do with it, huh?))

Draken
2007-06-16, 04:51 PM
A buldozer moves into the grave, it's pilot thinking who erected that in he middle of the street.

LordVader
2007-06-16, 04:54 PM
A massive orbital bombardment begins, and for some reason only damages the grave and nothing else.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-16, 06:46 PM
Raistlin walks by.
"CURSE. YOU. VAEL!!!"

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 09:57 AM
Cathrindir wanders past the grave, glancing down at it with a heavy sigh. He bends low to the ground, grabbing several dandelions and stringing them together whilst pondering morality. Tossing them onto the grave as a farewell bouquet, he looks up at the passing clouds and shakes his head, then waves to Raistlin, who seems very preoccupied with cursing Vael noisily.
((So...it's actually dead, eh?))

Flabbicus
2007-06-17, 10:26 AM
(( Vael, Fenric, Iames, Kyrian, Hawkeye, Nevrmore, Rebonack, Destro, Necropaladin, Warpfire777, wxdruid, Ilias/deadly, Exachix and a bunch of others who used to play a big role in The Town have left. I've stopped posting here too, but I've quit enough times to know that me leaving didn't effect anything all too much. ))

Nightwing
2007-06-17, 10:29 AM
((no more warp fire?:smalleek: not good. not good at all. well I guess we will just have to come up with a new generation with people like Artemis and book boy, and metakerb. oh, and we cant forget LordVader!))

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 10:46 AM
(( Vael, Fenric, Iames, Kyrian, Hawkeye, Nevrmore, Rebonack, Destro, Necropaladin, Warpfire777, wxdruid, Ilias/deadly, Exachix and a bunch of others who used to play a big role in The Town have left. I've stopped posting here too, but I've quit enough times to know that me leaving didn't effect anything all too much. ))
((Wow...that's sort of sad...))

((no more warp fire?:smalleek: not good. not good at all. well I guess we will just have to come up with a new generation with people like Artemis and book boy, and metakerb. oh, and we cant forget LordVader!))
((Sorry, Nightwing, but the Town's pretty much going down the drain. Sorry if I seem rude, but I've read through the last few pages of threads and it's nowhere near like what it used to be six to seven months ago. :smallsigh: ))

metakirb
2007-06-17, 10:54 AM
((meh, natural progression, some older ones died out to make way for others, some people, not mentiononing any names to avoid hate mail, i'm not too bothered to see gone))

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-17, 10:57 AM
OOC

Firstly, this should have been an OOC thread.

Second, there are still a dozen or so posters active in the town. You shouldn't condemn it just because of low numbers otherwise it will die.

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 10:59 AM
((A dozen or so? Admiral_Kelly, six to seven months ago there were at least thirty, perhaps forty people active in the Town at all times. Plots were many, and we're not just condemning the Town to death because of low numbers of posters. The entire atmosphere and quality of the Town has been lost.))

metakirb
2007-06-17, 11:01 AM
((some of us dont care that the "big names" are gone, so what if the old atmospheres gone? it's called progression, change, NEW thingy!))

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 11:03 AM
((some of us dont care that the "big names" are gone, so what if the old atmospheres gone? it's called progression, change, NEW thingy!))

((metakirb, had you been active in the Town six to seven months ago, you too would agree that even if it is not dying, the Town's atmosphere has become cheapened, less sophisticated, and a shadow of its former self.))

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-17, 11:05 AM
OOC

@ Cathrindir: If the atmosphere is lost, then maybe you should try and bring it back. Or if you really think it is a lost cause, then go on to something else and don't concern yourself with the town. Either way, it will live on.

metakirb
2007-06-17, 11:05 AM
((i wouldn't change my mind Cathrindir, i also notice that a large portion of "gods and dieties" have gone, which in my opinion is good. side note: vespe, if the town is "dead" then why do you still have a link to your town character post?))

LordVader
2007-06-17, 11:08 AM
((Well, Cathrindir, no one's making you post here. We still like it. If you don't, you're not required to post in the town.))

metakirb
2007-06-17, 11:09 AM
((FTT (for the town) now if you'll excuse me i'm goin on soul calibur 2 to go kill stuff, NIGHTMARE FTW!!!!!))

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 11:11 AM
((Admiral_Kelly: I doubt that the feel of the Town could really be brought back, but I'll concede the point that the Town is not necessarily dying.
LordVader: Alright, I was merely pointing out that the Town isn't anything like it used to be. I never said you couldn't continue to post if you still liked it, and I'm sorry if I made any of you angry.))

LordVader
2007-06-17, 11:32 AM
((I'm not angry. I'm just saying you shouldn't say it's dead as long as people are still posting. It's counterproductive. Thanks.:smallsmile:))

Cathrindir
2007-06-17, 11:46 AM
Cathrindir, deciding a response from Raistlin isn't necessary, walks off into the Town, leaving the grave and bouquet behind.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-17, 02:40 PM
Vespe walks up to the grave, and leaves some roses.
I never knew you well enough, but we had some good times. Good times.
Vespe sighs and leaves.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 03:09 PM
*A llama crawls out of the grave and shakes his head*

"Changed, yes? Different, yes? But then, such has been the way of Town. It started on a more humorous coffeeshop mentality, where we'd all sit around and goof off and a dragon and a werewolf would destroythe coffeeshop at least once a week.

Then came the actual plots and for a time everyone had a plot or 3 ranging from world threatening to spoiled milk threatening.

Then came the surge or alternate Towns including the Mirror Town and the Future Town. These often overlapped or mingled.

Then came the era of romance where almost every PC was romantically linked to another. This led into the Age of Alts. Where we did indeed have 30 plus posters on a regular basis, but they were played by 5 people. All throughout the changes I heard people complaining and I complained myself about much of what was going on. I am personally most fond of the coffeehouse era, but Town has changed and I changed with it.

This is a new era. A dawning of a new day for Town. The old gods are dead and the new gods want what's left. Town doesn't have a roadmap for where its going. You're the hitchhiker that Town picks up and says "want a ride?" You say "Where to?" and he says "I don't know, but its somewhere," and you hop in because you know its gonna be an interesting ride.

blackout
2007-06-17, 04:04 PM
Well said, Llama. :)

Nightwing
2007-06-17, 04:27 PM
((*clap Clap Clap*! well said Llama! well said!))

Warpfire
2007-06-17, 04:57 PM
Sir Conviction enters the Town for a brief moment, trudging up to the grave. "I'll never forget the souls I ate here...jaywalkers I slaughtered...people I damned to hell, here. So long." His mini-eulogy proclaimed, Conviction drops a rose as black as his heart on to the grave, then rides off on his fiendish-looking horse Nightmare.

Nathaniel appears in front of the grave, shaking his fist at it. "Good riddance! I hate this Town!" The former dictator spits on the grave then leaps atop a spectral horse, and rides away. He slowly fades into whispy nothingness as he gallops away.

Joseph, already astride his mount, just glances over at the grave. With a shrug, he rides off into the sunset, Free Bird playing in the background.

((I don't know, I just felt like it.))

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 05:01 PM
((Sorry Cath, didn't even see you post. As for Llama, I remember the old town. I joined in the plot era. I loved the Romance era the most. I could have one character hitting on a chick who obviously didn't like him, and another being real sweet and nice to all. *Sigh* I also had like 15-20 characters. Those were the good old days.))
Raistlin curses Fenric, Sophistemon, Kyrian, and everyone else on the Collective Heights forum. But mostly Vael.

Keledrath
2007-06-17, 05:03 PM
Bookboy adds Deadly and Sneak to that list. And Indurain, the supposed "emporer".

Nightwing
2007-06-17, 05:06 PM
*All of nightwings 50 characters appear and Wave good by to Wave good bey to warp fire. They then all vanish to were they are supposed to be.*

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 05:07 PM
((Nightwing you have like 4 characters. Well, 4 good ones anyway.))

Keledrath
2007-06-17, 05:08 PM
(He has close to 100 if you include the throwaways and NPC's. He's only got four registered, but probably has more than anyone else.)

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 05:10 PM
((Throwaways and NPC's never count. They have to be actual characters that you take to a lot of places, and talk to a lot of people with. NPCs and oneshots don't count. Vael had about 50 real ones, Kyrian and Fenric each had about 30, and I had close to 20.))

Nightwing
2007-06-17, 05:10 PM
((Terrel, Truck, Ferns, Bog, Baron Law, Simon Mated, Robber, Dibble, Venom, john the vampire hunter, random knight, Random security guard, Gage, Peru, Paul Blood, Huston, random privet detective, Barracuda, etc.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 05:11 PM
((Sorry Cath, didn't even see you post. As for Llama, I remember the old town. I joined in the plot era. I loved the Romance era the most. I could have one character hitting on a chick who obviously didn't like him, and another being real sweet and nice to all. *Sigh* I also had like 15-20 characters. Those were the good old days.))
Raistlin curses Fenric, Sophistemon, Kyrian, and everyone else on the Collective Heights forum. But mostly Vael.

awwww, but I'm on the collective heights forum *goes to my corner to cry*

Keledrath
2007-06-17, 05:12 PM
(I think he meant the ones that never post anymore. Vael actually removed one of theirs completely.)

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 05:13 PM
(Ekrath, Bri'el, Scath, Calwreith, Holly, Estone, Rakil, Plendex, Chazz, Erin, Ozzy, Dark Ekrath, Deigrian, Karina, Laif, Saito Jaishan, Kongming, Gongjin, Mengde, Kate, and Rick. And those characters actually do stuff.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 05:17 PM
(Vael has been posting in Trog's for the past two days. Why do you feel such malice to him or Sneak or Indurain? Indurain put on a very nice concert for everyone and he's not on Collective Heights.)

Warpfire
2007-06-17, 05:19 PM
And I almost forgot:

Warpfire appears near the grave, somber for the first time in a long, long while. The orange-robed wizard waves his hands, causing a small flame to appear above the tombstone. "This," The wizard begins making a speech to a bunch of NPCs he summons for the express purpose of listening to him, his voice full of pretension and self-importance. "Is the Flame of Hope. As long as there is hope for this town, it shall keep burning. I must leave this place now. It is up to each and every one of you to keep this fire burning, to take up the torch and lead the Town to new glories. I wish the best of luck to you all."

The wizard snickers to himself as the NPCs disperse. "What a load of bull****." He disappears in a cloud of smoke.

Nightwing
2007-06-17, 05:22 PM
((Terrel, Truck, Fernes, Bog, Baron Law, Simon Mated, Robber, Dibble, Venom, john the vampire hunter, random knight, Random security guard, Gage, Peru, Paul Blood, Huston, random privet detective, Barracuda, etc.))

Tereal is a Chamberlain, truck is a comedian, Fernis was just involved in two plots with metacurb, Blog is the orc camp champ, baron Law is !@#$ famous. He Is on every ones most wanted list, Venom is second in command of the thieves guild., Gage is one of the best gun singers in town, Paul and Huston are murderers and almost killed that wolf that keeps taking notes in trogs, and Barracuda is the second n command of the order of anarchy.

Flabbicus
2007-06-17, 06:50 PM
(( Raistlin I don't think you can blame the CollectiveHeights forum for their disappearances. It appears to have been inactive for the last few weeks, so they might just all be busy at the same time. ))

Timberwolf
2007-06-17, 08:23 PM

Wow, that's some bile you've got there young fella. Do I get cursed because I've made 2 posts on a forum that was intended as an alternate because of the big forum outages ? Yep, like Flabbicus said, I don't think anyone's posted there in about 3 weeks. It's the summer, people go out and do stuff, people are moving about, home from uni and all that jazz. See what happens after the summer before you start ringing the alrm bells and donning your "The End is Night" sandwich board.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 09:47 PM
*Hides Sandwitch board* What board? I don't see a board.

Draken
2007-06-17, 10:21 PM
: I agree with Timberwolf, it's Summer. People are probably doing oter things IRL, and some are also busy with work (I bet so much time playing in the town left some bills on the table) and studies (same as work, just no bills, homework).

Probably the town will get back to it's glory in some weeks. I mean, even the comic has changed a bit the update times (i think he's taking longer to make em, but that's other story). We can't just sacrifice the horse because he lost a race.

(Weeeell, that must have been the worst analogy I have ever made...:smallannoyed:)

Destro_Yersul
2007-06-17, 10:21 PM
Or Work. I have a job, and it leaves me very little time. Oh, and for IC:

Destro pops into existence. I remember this. I came into being near the tail end of the Plot Era. It was a good time, and Town was usually busy. Hardly a day passed where we didn't need a new Trog's Tavern thread. There weren't even too many gods hanging around at the time: I can only remember four, and two of them stayed in their temples.

He wanders over to the gravestone and puts a trout on it before popping out of existence.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-17, 10:49 PM
Hey Destro, remember that plot we went on? You had the drink and we we awesome? And Ekrath got his DLB stolen? And remember the party at the Wardric Manor Cath? Good times.

Destro_Yersul
2007-06-17, 10:57 PM
I think I know the one. Lost city? Dragon? Or was it a different one... Destro's had drinks so many times I've lost count. His bar tab would be through the roof if he hadn't payed it off a while back.

metakirb
2007-06-18, 03:31 AM
((dammit i never should have left almost a year ago, sounds like i missed alot... good old kobold who... before he became a goblin anyway... i never will understand how...))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-18, 10:35 AM
Ba'al wanders over to the grave and chuckles. "The town is dying...Because I'm destroying it one thread at a time! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" He then juggles fireballs for a while and considers his statement. "Well, no. The town isn't dying, I guess...and I've only destroyed two threads...and I'm still here, so the town will never die!" He chuckles again and with a massive explosion he disappears.

((Enough with the flashy entrances and exits already Ba'al!!))

Keledrath
2007-06-18, 11:13 AM
Crend walks up, casts True Ressurection on The Town, and goes back to being deadtimed in Trog's.

PirateMonk
2007-06-18, 11:14 AM
A strong feeling of handwaving emanates from the area around the grave, and PM appears. He looks around and listens to the OOC voices, then makes his own contribution: a colossal invisible mausoleum that envelopes the entire forum. He then leaves.

Blood
2007-06-18, 12:56 PM
I think I know the one. Lost city? Dragon? Or was it a different one... Destro's had drinks so many times I've lost count. His bar tab would be through the roof if he hadn't payed it off a while back.
:smallfrown: Why did I ever kill Dragon? He was so much fun ...

King of hoods
2007-06-18, 02:06 PM
A half-orc in leather pants and carrying a spear comes to one of the graves. As he looks both ways a shovel appears in his hand in a great flash. The half-orc begins digging up a grave muttering something about a monster and grinning.

Cathrindir
2007-06-18, 02:52 PM
And remember the party at the Wardric Manor Cath? Good times.
Yeah, I remember that...

Lost city? Dragon?
Wasn't that the same plot that had a ridiculous amount of treasure?

Raistlin1040
2007-06-18, 05:34 PM
Yeah it was. So much freaking gold. Was insane.

AmberVael
2007-06-18, 11:56 PM
Vael gets cursed at repeatedly.
He tries to think of a reply, but in the end decides that all he has to say is that Rai's new avatar looks pretty good.
So it goes.

The Dancing Man walks over to the Town's grave.
He kicks at it.
It turns blue with star colored polka dots. And banana.
There also appears to be a healthy dose of quadratic formula.
He then takes the fourth wall, continuity, cheese, and paprika, and adds in Plot until it is well mixed.
He serves it with hot sauce and a side of shoe, then goes into battle with it while tap dancing.
And yet, the grave remains.

Keledrath
2007-06-19, 12:06 AM
(Now we just need to rope Sneak, Trog, Sophistemon, Kyrian, and Fenric back in!)

AmberVael
2007-06-19, 12:12 AM
((Sneak has been inactive for a very long time.
Trog posts when he damn well wants to post.
Kyrian really isn't posting anywhere.

Soph and Fenric, however...))

Destro_Yersul
2007-06-19, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I remember that...

Wasn't that the same plot that had a ridiculous amount of treasure?

That was the correct amount of treasure for a dragon of that CR :smallbiggrin:

Also, Dragon was awesome. You're right Blood, you shouldn't have killed him.

Cathrindir
2007-06-19, 07:38 AM
Yeah it was. So much freaking gold. Was insane.
Exactly. That's the way to hand out treasure.

That was the correct amount of treasure for a dragon of that CR :smallbiggrin:

Yes, but Vael gunned down the dragon in two or three posts, so it wasn't much of a challenge to get it. :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2007-06-19, 09:11 PM
Gwen stops by and leaves a red rose for Des

darkblade
2007-06-19, 09:35 PM
Darkblade, Er'n, Hamilton and Virus step forward before the grave. Ignoring contuity's protests that Hamilton should be shooting Virus and Er'n and that Darkblade and Virus cannot co-exist.
"You will be missed."
"No you won't."
"Oh! Shut Up Virus! I'm trying to be sincere."
"Yeah a sincere a demon consorting elf loving race traitor."
"You shut it too, Hamilton!"
"What do we do now?"
"We leave, our time here is done."
"Thank the gods."
"Virus!" "Virus!" "Virus!"
"I'm not done here, not yet."
"Well you can fend for yourself." Darkblade takes Er'n's and Virus's hands and they disappear leaving behind two exactly simmilar cursed rapiers, a KNAVES mask, a police badge and a flamming longbow.
"Well good riddance." Hamilton leaves the grave site and heads for XENOS.

rocklee666
2007-06-20, 08:52 AM
OC- *Saru runs towards a tombstone and ****s on it, gets up, and runs towards a bigger tombstone, and pisses on it. He laughs maniacally, then humps an even bigger tombstone*

metakirb
2007-06-20, 08:52 AM
((just no...))

thehothead
2007-06-20, 09:57 AM
BAD ROCKLEE! BAD! NO BISCUIT!

H'urk, Haydn, the rouge automaton, The old man who used to have IT, and Shiv lightly walk up, despite the fact that the old man is dead, Haydn should be reproggraming the Rouge automaton, and the rouge automaton should be killing H'urk. They laugh at anyone who is mourning.

rocklee666
2007-06-20, 11:37 AM
what do you mean no bisquit!? come on, C_H did that in the other town, lol. You were ther I remember it! you know I do this stuff as well lol.

Cathrindir
2007-06-20, 11:48 AM
OC- *Saru runs towards a tombstone and ****s on it, gets up, and runs towards a bigger tombstone, and pisses on it. He laughs maniacally, then humps an even bigger tombstone*
((:smallconfused: ...welcome to the Town...I guess...
You might want to read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=32&a=1) and this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740).))

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:31 PM
Skrall pins a leaflet to the grave, it reads:

"Join the mighty space pirate army, unlock the secrets of the mighty chemical phazon, to apply come to the underground base and ask for Skrall at the entrance"

((he's spreading propaganda for the group, he doesn't particularly care where))

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:36 PM
The Flame of Hope floats over to the leaflet and does what fire usually does to paper. Burns it.

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:37 PM
Skrall runs back and pins another leaflet to the grave

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:38 PM
The Flame of Hope burns the leaflet again, then turns into a giant raging inferno that attempts to consume Skrall.

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:39 PM
Skrall pins up another leaflet, protecting himself with a viel of phazon

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, the leaflet doesn't even last long enough in the raging inferno to be pinned to the grave.

((Question: what the hell is a vial of phazon?))

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:42 PM
(a viel of phazon (viel as in the covering viel type thingy) is a covering of a highly acidic mutagen, which Skrall has been infused with to the extremes, very powerful stuff phazon)

Skrall gives up on the lost cause and walks off

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:44 PM
The Flame of Hope crackles victoriously and returns to a small flame floating above the grave.

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:46 PM
Skrall runs back with a fireproof version and pins it on the grave, then runs off again

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, the Flame of Hope is of extremely powerful magic and ignores fireproofing of all kinds, including magical fire immunity. Thusly, it burns the fireproof leaflet.

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:52 PM
Skrall phazon blasts the flame

((which wil either horribly mutate it, or drive it to kil itself, if it hits that is))

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:55 PM
The Flame of Hope simply floats out of the way.

Draken
2007-06-20, 01:55 PM
(Just place the damn leaflet in a pole near the grave away of the fire!)

metakirb
2007-06-20, 01:56 PM
((but the flame moves...))

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 01:58 PM
((Well as long as you're not descrating the grave the Flame doesn't care.))

metakirb
2007-06-20, 02:15 PM
Skrall pins it up near the grave and runs off again

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-20, 03:04 PM
The leaflet explodes due to intervention by destructive forces. A long way away from the grave Ba'al chuckles...

metakirb
2007-06-20, 03:07 PM
Skrall pins up yet another

darkblade
2007-06-20, 10:38 PM
An incredibly small XENOS nuclear missle hits the pamphlet doing what nukes tend to do to anything incinerate it, blow it up, expose it to high radiation killing it or mutating it. A hologram of Hamilton threatens "You will stop this compettion for the Town's able bodies or else!"

Warpfire
2007-06-20, 10:45 PM
And now the grave is covered in nuclear fallout, and anyone who comes near it will die a slow and horribly painful death from radiation sickness.

Unless Darkblade says otherwise.

J_Muller
2007-06-20, 11:21 PM
((The Town is by no means dead. Sure, some people aren't posting as much, but new people will inevitably show up. Just because it's not so active now doesn't mean it's on its way out, not by a long shot.))

Keledrath
2007-06-20, 11:23 PM
(Case in point. And anyway, one of my characters walked up and cast True Ressurection on it.)

metakirb
2007-06-21, 06:16 AM
Skrall, who's armoured hide has been infused to resist phazon radiation (stronger than nuclear radiation) pins up another leaflet, wondering why people blow them up without knowing what the space pirates can do

Nevrmore
2007-06-21, 08:45 AM
Nevrmore stops in front of the grave, taking a drag of his Cigarette of Cool. He seems appropriately dressed for the occasion, an all black suit. He stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Ah, I knew you well, Town. Some say I wasn't influential to you, that I...came into the scene too late. I don't think so. At least, I'd like to think I was more than that." He says between a drag. "Hell, some even say I'm responsible - partly, at least - for your death. Could a less influential person claim that? Nah." He steps up to the graves and flicks the cigarette into the Flame of Hope, watching it burn. "I brought some friends, Townsie. Just to see you."

Behind Nevrmore, Hawk, Descartes, Floyd, Zurvan (being assisted by a crane), Nomos, Lues, Adder, Crucius, Plot, Kaio, Ebola, Leprosy, Jersey, and an ostrich walk up behind him, all with a mournful look on their face (save for Descartes and Zurvan, who doesn't have a face and doesn't move respectively.)

Nevrmore wipes some tears from his eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you, buddy." He says before walking off. One by one, each of his characters walk up to the grave to pay their final respects.

"You were a fine setting." Hawk says, laying a medal at the foot of the grave.

You had the most delicious NPCs. The Medulla Oblongata from an NPC's brain drops from Descartes tentacle, landing neatly on the mound by the grave.

"Rock on, man." Floyd sets one of his picks on the grave.

"Alas, I am called wherever the ignorant need guidance." Zurvan leaves one of his large, black feathers.

"My only regret is not successfully cleansing you before your time came." Nomos leaves a Tesla coil.

"You gave me so many good men and women to convert." Lues buries a seed into the ground, which quickly sprouts into a small flower.

"Maybe if I had succeeded in conquering you, I coulda stopped this." Adder shrugs and leaves one of his needles.

"I'll always have those fond memories. Remember that police fairy? Good times, man. Good times." Crucius leaves a vial of Liquid Agony.

"Some of my best work was at this place." Plot says, wiping tears away from his non-existant eyes. He sets his empty beer mug on the ground.

"A great site for research, dead before its time." Kaio leaves a book of Humanoid Anatomy.

"Damn, this was my only escape from that rat bastard, Fyta." Ebola sets one of his unimportant bones on the grave.

"If it was my fault, please forgive me, fair zeitgeist." Leprosy leaves behind a strip of bandages from his body.

"But...But...I just got here! It's not fair!" Jersey cries, throwing down a ram's horn before running off.

"Squawk!!" The ostrich leaves behind a muffin, which it resists all temptations to eat before trotting off.

"So long, Town. I knew thee well." Nevrmore stuffs his hands in his pockets and walks off, all of his characters following closely behind.

"Say, you think there's a body in that grave I can go dig up?"

"Shut the hell up."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-06-21, 09:07 AM
A rather scruffily dressed teenager walks in carrying a bottle of Scotch and strangely, a pint mug.

Perhaps I should elaborate more: He is wearing a Deep Purple hoodie with the hood down, a tie despite his lack of a collar, and fairly dirty jeans.

The band depicted matches his hair. The legend bearing 'Machinehead', however, does not.

He looks down at the grave through a pair of mirror shades, and when he speaks, his voice is a cheerful tenor with a harmonic that easily distinguishes him from those with a normal mental state.

This is their second warning; his tie should have been the first.

He pipes up loudly: It was an honour to contribute to ye, Town. I'm sorry about your current state of affairs, I wish ye were running better.

He pours himself a large measure of Scotch before pouring the rest over the gravestone, a tribute, perhaps, giving the old girl a final drink before she goes to whatever is her Heaven.

A toast to the town, may she ever remain unspoiled. He smiles quite fondly before remarking: If I don't see ya in this world, I'll see ya in the next one; don't be late!

And with these parting words, Shadow of the Sun walks out of the graveyard into the world beyond.

Sneak
2007-06-21, 10:20 AM
A small ginger tabby cat walks over to the grave, lays a flower on it, and walks away, thinking about soup.

darkblade
2007-06-21, 11:21 AM
And now the grave is covered in nuclear fallout, and anyone who comes near it will die a slow and horribly painful death from radiation sickness.

Unless Darkblade says otherwise.

((It was a very small nuke. The fallout is only if you stand within 2 milimeters from where the pamphlet was.))

PirateMonk
2007-06-21, 01:17 PM
PM reappears and begins gathering everything that has been left near the grave, to take to the lab for careful study.

darkblade
2007-06-21, 01:24 PM
A plot force feild manifest over the grave preventing anything from being removed by PM or anyone else. People may still approach, and new things may be placed and added to the feild's affect.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-21, 01:56 PM
A large shrimp that has somehow grown arms and legs approaches the grave. It wears a large green military uniform and carries the rank of three star general... "Hmmph. Well I did believe the town would live on for a while not long ago. Not so now." He clicks his fingers, Ba'al instantly appears before him. "Ba'al, you're being reassigned. I'm not keeping you in a town where people complain because they can't be bothered to create a powerful character."

"What? But I was enjoying slowly destroying this place..."

"Shut up and get out of here. Now! You should know better than to disobey the player!"

"Yes sir." Ba'al hangs his head like a little child and vanishes with a click of his fingers.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish." Gnrlshrimp drops a small piece of one of Affidavit's creations and leaves, wistling happily. Good riddance to bad rubbish...

Draken
2007-06-21, 04:57 PM
(damn, I liked Ba'al's constant meaningless destruction, as long as it didn't interfere, of course.

It never interfered, so I just liked the meaningless destruction.)

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-21, 05:04 PM
((well some people didn't like it and decided to have a massive argument with me (Streets thread, last few pages if you haven't read it.) and I refuse to stay on this forum if some idiot who thinks he is in charge is going to try and boss me around and whine about overpowered characters.

I like the meaningless destruction as well.))

Draken
2007-06-21, 05:54 PM
((Well, thats a problem. But the guy is new, don't know the weird mechanics of the town.

I was wondering, want to make that war? Out of normal timestream, K.N.A.N.E.V.S [under your rule] against my troops?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-21, 06:03 PM
Possibly, although without the KNAVES castle you would have a massive advantage, the castle kind of evens the odds in any situation. Although I could always deploy Ba'al, and cause masses of destruction... *Laughs evilly*))