PDA

View Full Version : Pro wrestler class

Digitalfruitz
2016-02-14, 02:29 PM
Recently I've taken to start making a “kitchen sink” scifi game where I told the players they could play anything. One of my buddies told me he wanted to play the pro Wrestler Randy Savage from WWE. Here is a link of what I have so far. Please be brutally honest with suggestions/ideas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NwfalaBHss7w2qnV6CAOvMR6tlewmrKZ1ozxRULXEcI

digiman619
2016-02-15, 02:30 PM
Honestly? I think you don't need to build a class from the bottom up, you should make an archetype of the Unchained Monk or Brawler. As it stands, you need a capstone and there's (in my opinion, at least) too much of a focus on CHA; There have been many great wrestlers for whom charisma was secondary; the late, great, unfortunately ended Chris Benoit comes to mind.

Digitalfruitz
2016-02-15, 04:08 PM
I was going for more of a flashy wrestler class, sorta like Hulk hogan, Randy Savage, or CM Punk. considering that I've already started the class I would hate to give up so soon, If I have to just make it a 10 level class I will but I'd prefer not to have to

Bhu
2016-02-15, 05:14 PM
What do you mean by proficient with unarmed weapons?

Digitalfruitz
2016-02-16, 12:46 PM
By unarmed weapons I mean weapons like the cestus, brass knuckles, or a heavy gauntlet

sengmeng
2016-02-17, 01:05 PM
It's interesting, but doesn't scream "Wrestler" to me. I was hoping for grappling options, throwing your opponent, charging clotheslines and other things the pro wrestlers do. So maybe similar to ToB maneuvers? He really needs some more protection too, if he's going to run around unarmored. Maybe full cha to AC, plus a little DR? And powerful build is not a size. Just say they gain powerful build if medium, and increase to size large if they were medium and already had powerful build (although the normal rule is you become size large AND get powerful build, meaning you get a ten foot space/reach and count as size Huge). Also, please clean it up for easier reading. I don't know what things are abilities he just gets and what are bravado options. I also don't see why the improvised weapon mastery caps the damage, but that's not a huge deal.

JPlayah
2016-02-17, 03:16 PM
I absolutely love the concept. I think that the base attack bonus, base saves, etc. are right where they need to be. I also like the Charisma scaling. As others have said, try to use or reference existing rules when possible (like sticking to existing size categories) and try to develop a clear format/order when describing class features. Maybe start with some flavor or description, then move on to describe the rules of how to use said class feature, and then finish with limitations (daily uses, when this can't be used, etc.) Just make sure that you're consistent, and this thing will be a lot easier to read through. I recommend that you consult the player's handbook for examples of how to describe a class feature well. Also, a well-written class might reference books and page numbers for feats or other abilities, but it shouldn't rely on links and web addresses. A well-written class should be able to explain itself.