PDA

View Full Version : Kobold familiar, need opinions

KoboldNations
2016-02-16, 10:41 PM
So, I'm getting ready to join a group, average level is 5, and plan on playing a Dragonborn warlock, and with pact of the chain.
Thing is, none of the familiars appeal to me. I'm set on having a familiar, but not just a normal one. I want a Kobold familiar.

My GM says that they are weak, but I'm planning lifting them up to a difficulty of 1.
A winged Kobold in 5e has a difficulty of 1/4, so I'm just gonna boost his stats and attacks. The dagger attack, I could improve by saying he has a sharper knife than other kobolds. He could also be smarter as a trait. These are the things I'd do.

My GM says go for it, but I'm gonna get some feedback first.

But hey, it's a good old Kobold and Dragonborn. Also, I'm gonna make a little Roleplay aspect, and have it to where my character keeps the familiar out at all times, and it just follows around. He'd wear a cloak to hide his wings and pretend to be a Dragonborn child or something. Then you can have some stuff where it's like it's a fre-wait, I'm straying into a better Ranger's beast too much here. I need opinions on this too.