PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might [Fun with the class mashup generator; PEACH]

Jormengand
2016-02-19, 10:19 AM
So, there's this ridiculous thing called the class mashup generator, hosted over here (http://chaoticshiny.com/clmashupgen.php), at Chaotic Shiny. Also of note is the RPG class generator (http://chaoticshiny.com/classgen.php). So here's the challenge: generate exactly one class name and one class description. Here, I'll show you mine:

Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might
This class is designed for speedy movement. They are weak at a specific nature skill, aiding allies and intelligence. They draw power from the elements. They are known for a special magical ability.

Of course, it's possible to get some easier ones:

Spirit Zealot of Fire
This class is designed for offensive fighting. They are poor at tactical skills and exotic weapons.

But whatever. Temporal Demi-Artificer of might, you guys!

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
Temporal Artifice Pool
Demi-Artifice Pool1st+0+0+0+2Temporal Artifice, Demi-Artifice, Timeshift, Wise Crafter
10 GP
1 GP2nd+1+0+0+3
80 GP
9 GP3rd+2+1+1+3
270 GP
34 GP4th+3+1+1+4
640 GP
88 GP5th+3+1+1+4Time Hop
1250 GP
181 GP6th+4+2+2+5
2160 GP
326 GP7th+5+2+2+5
3430 GP
538 GP8th+6/+1+2+2+6
5120 GP
828 GP9th+6/+1+3+3+6
7290 GP
1212 GP10th+7/+2+3+3+7Wall of Force
10000 GP
1703 GP11th+8/+3+3+3+7
13310 GP
2318 GP12th+9/+4+4+4+8
17280 GP
3070 GP13th+9/+4+4+4+8
21970 GP
3977 GP14th+10/+5+4+4+9
27440 GP
5053 GP15th+11/+6/+1+5+5+9True Creation
33750 GP
6315 GP16th+12/+7/+2+5+5+10
40960 GP
7780 GP17th+12/+7/+2+5+5+10
49130 GP
9463 GP18th+13/+8/+3+6+6+11
58320 GP
11383 GP19th+14/+9/+4+6+6+11
68590 GP
13556 GP20th+15/+10/+5+6+6+12Time Stop
80000 GP
16000 GP
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d8

Class Skills:
The class skills of the temporal demi-artificer of might (an the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Wis)*, Bluff (Cha), Craft (Wis)*, Forgery (Wis)*, Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana) (Wis)*, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) (Wis)*, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Wis)*, Profession (Wis), Use Magic Device (Wis)* and Use Psionic Device (Wis)*

*See Wise Crafter class feature
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
The temporal demi-artificer of might is proficient in his own unarmed strikes and any weapons, armour and shield created with one of his abilities.

Temporal Artifice (Su)
The temporal demi-artificer of might gets a pool of gold pieces of value which he can use to acquire items from another time stream. This is given on Table: The Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might. However, these items must be permanent ones, and cannot be ammunition. This is to avoid unnecessary damage to the time stream. The temporal demi-artificer of might needs to return items back to their time stream to get his value back. Pulling items between time streams is a standard action.

Items brought into the time stream in this way are temporally protected. Because they're not really here at this time, they can't be damaged at this time. This also means they can't be used as material spell components, fashioned into constructs or used as crafting materials.

Creatures, even those with a value, cannot be brought in this way.

Demi-artifice (Su)
The temporal demi-artificer of might also has the much more volatile power to pull items from demi-time streams - times that might have been but weren't. He is limited to the value in the last column of Table: The Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might, but despite the lower value of items, this power is sometimes considered the more useful. For a start, the limit is per day, not at once (although items drawn in this way cannot be returned for a reimbursement, as the time stream they were pulled from never really existed, and they are consequently so volatile that they only last 24 hours before disappearing altogether), and second, the items can be of any value. Otherwise, this works much as Temporal Artifice, except that the items really do exist in this time right now, so they can be damaged.

Timeshift (Su)
Temporal demi-artificers of might muck around with the time stream to get what they want. They can move 5 feet faster per level. They can return to their previous location at the start of their last turn if they haven't moved yet this turn or this one if they have as a move action, even if they have no way to move there physically.

Wise Crafter (Ex)
The temporal demi-artificer of might is a master of wisdom, and treats the appraise, craft, forgery, knowledge, use magic device and use psionic device skills as wisdom-based.

Spell-like and Psi-like Abilities (Sp/Ps)
Each of the spell-like and psi-like abilities given on Table: The Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might is usable once per minute at the level given on the table. The time stop spell-like ability doesn't make any of these abilities recharge in the apparent time it grants you.

GorinichSerpant
2016-02-19, 02:07 PM
Is the reason none-permanents and ammunition can't be gotten from Temporal Artifice a thematic or balance one? Or is it both? I personally allow those at the price of causing unnecessary damage to the time stream. Under the same logic, would returning an item that broke also cause damage to the time stream?

Jormengand
2016-02-19, 02:10 PM
Is the reason none-permanents and ammunition can't be gotten from Temporal Artifice a thematic or balance one? Or is it both? I personally allow those at the price of causing unnecessary damage to the time stream. Under the same logic, would returning an item that broke also cause damage to the time stream?

It's both, really. I've added something to protect the items from damage, because being able to damage them doesn't even make sense because they were never really there to be damaged in the first place.

noob
2016-02-20, 04:54 AM
Living creatures, even those with a value, cannot be brought in this way.
So I can bring a construct?
Can I bring an undead?
Can I bring sand and cast awaken sand onto it and have immortal sand constructs?

Jormengand
2016-02-20, 06:33 AM
So I can bring a construct?
Can I bring an undead?
Can I bring sand and cast awaken sand onto it and have immortal sand constructs?

Good point (Although the undead would have to have a market value first, which would make it difficult). I'll make it just creatures.

noob
2016-02-20, 07:33 AM
Items brought into the time stream in this way are temporally protected. Because they're not really here at this time, they can't be damaged at this time.

Does not prevents me from grabbing shapesand and then casting awaken sand onto it after and have an creature that have a body that can not be damaged

JBPuffin
2016-02-20, 08:11 AM
Does not prevents me from grabbing shapesand and then casting awaken sand onto it after and have an creature that have a body that can not be damaged

Note, that goes out of either your non-recharging base pool, or your items-last-24-hours daily-charging pool. Both have pros and cons for this sort of usage - don't get too attached to that golem.

Jormengand
2016-02-20, 08:14 AM
Yeah, changed it so you can't use them as spell components, materials for constructs, or crafting materials.

Great Velocity
2016-04-16, 02:18 PM
Can you use Demi-Artifice objects for spell components? (For stoneskin, for example)

Jormengand
2016-04-16, 02:40 PM
Can you use Demi-Artifice objects for spell components? (For stoneskin, for example)

Absolutely.

Digitalfruitz
2016-04-19, 08:32 PM
What happened to the big thread you had where you put all of your random classes up?

Jormengand
2016-04-20, 10:29 AM
What happened to the big thread you had where you put all of your random classes up?

You mean Sashai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479044-Sashai-A-World-Based-on-Random-Generators&p=20444810#post20444810)? I haven't done much with that in a while. I probably should. Of course, you can contribute by grabbing the nearest random generator and adding some fun to the world.

GrayDeath
2016-04-21, 08:34 AM
Intersting Idea.

Rolled my version, gonna get to it tonight.

Sounded fun, lets see if its doable. ;)