PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Patron of Dreams/Nightmares - Warlock patron

Ledah
2016-02-20, 03:43 PM
Patron of Dreams/Nightmares
Your patron is a god/goddesss of sleep, dreams/nightmares or of the night.

Expanded Spells:
Level 1: Sleep and Alarm
Level 2: Calm Emotions and Blur
Level 3: Fear and Phantom Steed
Level 4: Phantasmal Killer and Hallucinatory Terrain
Level 5: Seeming and Mislead

Traits:
Trespasser: Beginning at level 1 your pact has allowed you to sense the dreams of creatures around you and you can enter the dreams of any humanoid within 30 feet of you unless they are warded by some sort of barrier or magic. You cannot act with your physical body while inside someone’s dreamworld.

Waking Nightmares: At level 6 any creature that wakes up from sleep imposed by you will have disadvantage on Wisdom checks and attack rolls for one round. Works only once per creature put to sleep.

Oneiromancy Expert: At level 10 you add an additional 1d8 to your sleep spell per spell level used.

Nightmare Domain: At level 14 you can send 1 creature that is under your sleep spell into the deepest reaches of the Dreamworld. For the next three turns unless woken up they shall take 3d10 psychic damage and on the third turn they take an additional 3d10 necrotic damage and awaken. Must take a long rest before being used again.

Invocations:
Dream Blight: Sleeping enemies take damage from the nightmares you’ve instilled into their heads. At level 1 they take 1d4 psychic damage while asleep, at level 8 they take 1d6, at level 15 they take 1d8. If they awaken and return to sleep they do not take damage from Dream Blight any longer.

Blissful Rest: While your allies are sleeping or resting you can send them sweet dreams which will invigorate them. At level 1 they heal 1d4 hit points, at level 5 the dice increases to 1d6, at level 10 1d8, and at level 15 1d10. Requires a short rest to use again.

Master of Dreams: You gain advantage on all checks within a dream. Req. must be level 12.

Exhausting Blast: If you roll a natural 20 on Eldritch Blast the target must roll their casting saving throw DC against your spell saving throw DC. Reqs. Level 10.

Sleep Resistance: You roll with advantage on an thing trying to put you to sleep. Once per long rest you counter a sleep spell cast on you or an ally within 30 feet with your own sleep spell.

As for familiars I have no clue but it could theoretically be almost anything.

Really new to this and would like to use this in a feature campaign. I'm just hoping for some feedback as I don't want to make the class too OP.

SilverStud
2016-02-21, 03:37 AM
First off, this looks awesome. I love the invocations, and the special spells fit really well. One bit of advice though. On the Exhausting Blast, make it so the save is against the caster's spell save DC, so the player has less numbers to keep track of.

Ledah
2016-02-23, 03:33 PM
First off, this looks awesome. I love the invocations, and the special spells fit really well. One bit of advice though. On the Exhausting Blast, make it so the save is against the caster's spell save DC, so the player has less numbers to keep track of.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I took your advice about the spell save dc.