PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other New Spell: Degenerate Conception. What level should this be?

Bohandas
2016-02-22, 06:34 PM
This is a new spell I came up with for a new domain I'm designing (not that it's likely I'll get to use it in a game any time soom). Anyway, what level should it be. I'm thinking either level 8 or level 9

Degenerate Conception

Necromancy(Evil)

Level: Misery 8? 9?
Components: V,S,DF
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Medium
Target: One living corporeal creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates (See Text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Creatures take a penalty to their fortitude save equal to half their corruption score. A creature who fails their saving throw gains 1d2 points of corruption(HoH) and must immediately make a second fortitude save at a penalty equal to their full corruption score. If this second save fails two things happen, first, the caster may choose to replace any now corruption symptom the victim may have gained as a result of this spell with internal corruption, second the victim is either impregnated with an Unholy Scion(HoH) (if applicable), or else, at the caster's preference, has the corrupted creature template applied to any currently gestating child, or is implanted with 1d6 ekolid(FC1) eggs, or is infected with gutworm(FF) eggs.

This spell may also be cast on plants to curse them to only bring forth fruit that is either (the caster's choice of) diseased (creatures eating the fruit contract either blueguts(BoVD), blinding sickness, filth fever, or warp touch(BoVD) at the caster's discretion), poisonous (DC = this spell's save dc; damage is caster's choice of either 1.) the same as cyanide, 2.) Initial damage unconsciousness for one hour, secomdary damage unconsciousness until magically awakened, or 3.) Initial damage 1d4 wis, secondary damage 1d4 wis and hallucinations causing confusion for 1 hour or 4.) Initoial damage 1d4 int, secondary damage 2d6 int ), or withered/inedible. If the fruit is allowed to germinate it brings forth plants that are brittle, flammable, and toxic.

This spell may also be used to convert dragon eggs into draconian(DLCS) eggs or Spawn of Tiamat eggs.

EDIT: Btw, that's "degenerate" the adjective, not "degenerate" the verb.