PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Way of Destruction

Trivik
2016-02-24, 07:40 PM
I was watching Rurouni Kenshin yesterday, and I was inspired by Monk Anji. I thought about his attacks, and thought "I need abilities like that for my own monk." So, here it is.

The Way of Destruction

Futae no Kiwami
At 3rd level when you choose this tradition you have learned how to disable the natural resistances of an object with a first strike with the joints of your fingers milliseconds before the second strike with your knuckles. As an action, you can spend 3 ki points to make an unarmed attack which deals 1d10 force damage, and the creature must make a constitution saving throw or be stunned until your next turn.

Kiwami Hazushi
At 6th level of this tradition, you can counter the vibrations of blunt weapons with the vibrations of your Futae no Kiwami. As a reaction to taking bludgeoning or force damage, you may subtract 1d10 + your dexterity + your monk level.
If you reduce it to 0, and the enemy who attacked is within range, you may make an unarmed strike as part of the same reaction. Make a normal attack roll, and roll damage as normal.

Touate
At 11th level, as an action you may spend 5 ki points and use a weapon to strike the ground, causing shock waves to deliver a ranged attack. This attack can take 2 forms, one as a 15 foot circle surrounding the user, or as a 25 foot line. When a creature is caught in these shock waves, they must make a dexterity saving throw. They take 2d10 force damage and are knocked prone on a failed save, or they take half damage and are not knocked prone on a successful one. Creatures that are flying automatically pass this, and take no damage.

Sanjou no Kiwami
At 17th level, you have mastered the Futae no Kiwami, and have improved upon it. Your Futae no Kiwami now deals a d12 damage. Also, you may spend 4 ki points to use the Sanjou no Kiwami, which is your Futae no Kiwami with an additional strike added, this acts as a Futae no Kiwami, but has an additional effect of reducing your opponents AC by your wisdom modifier. This is achieved by breaking an opponents armor, if they are armored, or by giving them an injury that slows them down, if they are unarmored. You cannot use this again until you complete a short or long rest.