PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sterling Vermin presents the Complete Arcanist Handbook: 8 archetypes for spellusers

sterling vermin
2016-02-29, 11:27 AM
Greetings blasters and casters!

This month the featured classes each got 2 new archetypes. For Bards, the College of Fortune adds some double-or-nothing odds to their Inspiration Dice while the College of Two Courts is for those aligned with or touched by the fey. For Sorcerers, the Greenheart provides an option for those whose arcane power comes from their connection with the natural world while the Spiritualist's power comes from a near death experience that left them bonded with a pathos infused phantom companion. For Warlocks, the Cosmic Machine stretches the Warlock player's options into the realm of science fantasy and the Crone allows you to play on old fairy tales and the folklore of witches. Finally, for Wizards the Grey Guild gives them a shadow organization whose existence consumes them so much they are dedicated to its secrecy rather than a school of magic and the Three Spirit Adept learns to unlock the inherent mystical potential of their familiars.

Check out the revised and compiled Complete Arcanist Handbook here! (http://sterlingvermin.com/2016/02/29/the-complete-arcanist-handbook/)

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-03-01, 09:21 AM
Nice to see this! Are there any significant changes to any of the archetypes since their original release?

sterling vermin
2016-05-12, 09:31 AM
Nice to see this! Are there any significant changes to any of the archetypes since their original release?

Sorry for the crazy late response but, no, since they were all compiled into the Complete Arcanist Handbook those subclasses have not received additional revisions!

Gr7mm Bobb
2016-05-12, 01:43 PM
Love the classes I do. Definitely enjoy the less convoluted version of something i made that was similar with the 'Arcane Occultation' feature from the Grey Wizard tradition. The one I made was a level 1 feature for the Inescapable Void (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?427416-New-Warlock-Patron-The-Inescapable-Void-(PEACH)).

The patrons you made were spot on and flavorful. If you guys aren't done brewing, then i wish you the best of luck.