PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Feral Soul (Class in 10 minutes, PEACH)

Jormengand
2016-03-15, 10:26 AM
The Feral Soul

Prerequisites:
Special: Rage 2/day class feature.
Special: Wild shape class feature.
Special: These features must come from two separate classes.

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
Rage
Wild Shape
1st+1+2+0+0
+2 levels of existing rage class
+1 level of existing Wild Shape class
2nd+2+3+0+0
+1 level of existing rage class
+2 levels of existing Wild Shape class
3rd+3+3+1+1
4th+4+4+1+1
5th+5+4+1+1
6th+6+5+2+2
7th+7+5+2+2
8th+8+6+2+2
9th+9+6+3+3
10th+10+7+3+3

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d10

Class Skills:
The feral soul's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str) Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
The feral soul gains no proficiency with any weapons or armour.

Rage and Wild Shape
The Feral Soul gains the rage and wild shape progression (that is, abilities with "Rage" or "Wild Shape" in their name) of the classes which granted these abilities to which he belonged previously. At the levels given on the table, he gains one or two levels in the class for this purpose.

Allnightmask
2016-03-16, 12:12 AM
So this doesn't grant the progressions that would come from the previous classes like Mighty Rage or Plant Wildshape does it? I'm drawing a blank on what is actually getting a use out of the level increases if that's the case. Not that I need an excuse for more raging monsters.

Orderic
2016-03-16, 12:29 AM
Well, this is interesting. My first reaction was negative when I saw this class advancing another class feature by 2 levels on a single level, but it seems, that essentially, this allows you, at level 20, to rage and wild shape as if you were a level 20 barbarian and druid, without giving anything else, like spells. Not something I would play, but certainly an interesting idea. I like it.

Jormengand
2016-03-16, 09:15 AM
So this doesn't grant the progressions that would come from the previous classes like Mighty Rage or Plant Wildshape does it? I'm drawing a blank on what is actually getting a use out of the level increases if that's the case. Not that I need an excuse for more raging monsters.
(that is, abilities with "Rage" or "Wild Shape" in their name)

Though I appreciate that sentence as a whole was confusing because it contained the word "Or" instead of "Of" which completely changed its meaning.

Well, this is interesting. My first reaction was negative when I saw this class advancing another class feature by 2 levels on a single level, but it seems, that essentially, this allows you, at level 20, to rage and wild shape as if you were a level 20 barbarian and druid, without giving anything else, like spells. Not something I would play, but certainly an interesting idea. I like it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Glad you like it.

FocusWolf413
2016-03-17, 01:32 PM
This is pretty cool. Thanks.

Eloel
2016-03-17, 07:37 PM
This class is beautiful in its simplicity. One question: Would this grant the additional abilities like from MoMF or Frenzied Berserker if you have them? They have a significantly faster progression than the base classes do, and this could end up as a trick similar to Uncanny Trickster.

Jormengand
2016-03-18, 01:21 PM
This class is beautiful in its simplicity. One question: Would this grant the additional abilities like from MoMF or Frenzied Berserker if you have them? They have a significantly faster progression than the base classes do, and this could end up as a trick similar to Uncanny Trickster.

If you choose MoMF and FB as your classes, yes you can progress those instead of Drd/Brb.