PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Divine Domain - Hunt Domain

Kellendros95
2016-03-19, 09:31 AM
I sometimes create class archetypes for my group. Today I wrote a divine domain for a worshippers of wild forest gods who patronize hunting, tracking and archery.
My English isn't very good, so I apologize for grammatical, spelling and stylistic mistakes and I hope you will tell me about them as well as about your opinion of the archetype.

Naturalcrit link (http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/share/SJV2cfRe)
If you don't like Naturalcrit for some reason (this version is a little outdate):

Hunt Domain

Hunt Domain spells

Cleric level
Spells

1st
entangle, hunter's mark

3rd
find steed, locate animals or plants

5th
conjure barrage, haste

7th
dominate beast, grasping wine

9th
conjure volley, hold monster

Bonus Proficiencies
When you choose this domain at 1st level you gain proficiency with longbow and heavy crossbow. You also gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Nature, Stealth, or Survival.

Hunter's Blessing
Also at 1st level you can prey your god for a lucky shots. When you do so, spend a bonus action and choose a creature within 30 feet from you (maybe yourself). This creature gains advantage on its first ranged weapon attack roll within next 1 minute. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Channel Divinity: Predator's Eye
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to help you to pursue your prey. As a bonus action you can use your Channel Divinity and gain advantage on all Wisdom (Perception) checks and Wisdom (Survival) checks made to track other creatures within one minute.

Channel Divinity: Spirit of the Hunt
Starting at 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity to invite a spirit servant of your god into your body. You can do it as a bonus action and while a spirit is inside you, you have an advantage on all ranged weapon attacks, can make a Wisdom (Perception) check as a bonus action and you have to use all your actions to make a ranged weapon attacks or cast conjure barrage or conjure volley spell against other creatures. If you can't do it, this state ends. You can use a bonus action to make a Wisdom saving throw with DC17 to end this state earlier.

Divine strike
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with divine energy. Once on each of your turns, when you hit a creature with weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage of the same type dealt by the weapon to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.

Unstoppable Pursuer
Starting at 17th level, you are always under effect of spell freedom of movement. If something (for example, dispel magic spell) ends this spell, it returns after 1d4 rounds.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-19, 03:58 PM
I like this. The balance and fluff seem right and the features cool. I'd love to see more homebrew you make!

Edit, spirit of a hunt could get a small difference:
DC 17 seems high. You'll have +2 or maybe +3 on this level as wisdom save often. DC 12-15 would be better. Especially if you give max duration of, say, 1 minute. And my English is also not that good but I think "spirit of the hunt" would be better than a hunt!

Kellendros95
2016-03-19, 04:52 PM
Changed Spirit of the Hunt and corrected the mistake in Predator's Eye (forgot to write duration)

Kellendros95
2016-03-19, 05:15 PM
DC 17 seems high. You'll have +2 or maybe +3 on this level as wisdom save often. DC 12-15 would be better.
It was planned like "high risk - high reward" feature. So, it grants advantage on all attacks, but you will may be attack your allies one or two times. And this is Cleric, he probably will have +6 or +7 WIS save.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-20, 04:09 AM
Changed Spirit of the Hunt and corrected the mistake in Predator's Eye (forgot to write duration)
Sounds good

It was planned like "high risk - high reward" feature. So, it grants advantage on all attacks, but you will may be attack your allies one or two times. And this is Cleric, he probably will have +6 or +7 WIS save.

Woops, sorry, this is totally my mistake. I was thinking about the ranger because this is kinda a ranger/cleric. Yeah, a weapon cleric will probably have +6 and others +7 on this level. DC 17 sounds perfect:smallbiggrin: