PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Battle Bander! skald archetype- taught by the school of hard rocks!

1Freakinninja
2016-03-23, 08:04 PM
Alright, I'm taking an idea done by the vagabond and cranking that stuff to 11. The idea is to make the use of bardic performances become something more like a spell book, throw in the idea of true combat of music, and you have THE BATTLE BANDER. I will be fixing it up as we go along. Of course, it goes without saying this is a rough draft, but it's better to just get it out there where some smart experts can tell me a thing or two.

Band battler

Music binder: trade for scribe scroll/ maybe kenneling? At beginning of play a band battler gains a music binder where you learn Bardic Performances from other characters, using a full round action to listen to their performance. You may, later, scribe that bardic performance down later, costing 10*Bard Level to write down, doing so takes 3+1 hours per performances level prerequisite, to make it your own. You use*the*origional's performer level for the*Bardic Performance, unless written in your binder. you cannot learn any bardic performance that's level prerequisite is higher than your current level. To perform a performance you've transcribed, your ranks in*the*perform skill in question must equal*the*bard level of*the*Performance.

You may replace any bardic performance you have with a Bardic Performance from your music binder at the beginning of each day.
Every even level, you may select a Bardic Performance you have in your performance book. That performance scales with level.

Push the tempo: At level 10, you can maintain two bardic performances at once.

Rock hard: A battle bander gains the "improvised weapon" feats benifits when performing a bardic performance, but only for the instrument that she is currently using

A battler bander must always accept a challenge, I'd she can not physically do so, she will loose the ability to play any performances for the remainer of the day.

The grand stage: once per day, a battle bander can challenge another character that has access to bardic performances or performance ranks. Lights appear almost magically, spotlighting the two fighters, and cheers of an unseen audience can be heard, the music that is played takes shape of whatever the musician wishes, this acts as though the area was cast under greater image, the content of what is in the illusion is desiderate by the gm. Both roll a performance check. The winner of the rolls music takes shape, aiding in the attacks of its maestro, the difference between the two rolls is calculated into the damage roll of the attack of the winner of that roll. All damage on the stage is considered to be sonic, neither of the musicians can attack any other opponent. The battle bander is considered flat footed to all other opponents while performing the grand stage, this song costs two bardic performances for the purposes of the abilities of Push the Tempo and of the music binders pages taken up, it can only be gained at level 15?

Skald
2016-03-24, 03:46 AM
Did somebody say Skald?

1Freakinninja
2016-03-25, 11:24 AM
Why yes I did! What do you think of it? Any suggedtions? (( other than clean this up, sorry,I am on my phone and haven't been close to a computer for a while))