PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Fighter/Paladin Remake/Fix Advice Needed

Dronit
2016-03-27, 11:43 AM
I am not very good at balancing as I say that I most want the great benevolent people of the forums to help me Biuld/Balance the Sub-class for the fighter. Now my main reason for doing this, is i feel that Paladin and heck maybe even Ranger should have been Fighter Sub-classes rather then straight up base classes. So on to the Good stuff the IDEA.

Fighter
Class Features

As a fighter, you gain the following class features.

Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d10 per fighter level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d10 (or 6) + your Constitution modifier per fighter level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: All armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose two skills from Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival

Spells Same as Paladin, but gained like the Eldritch Knight

Nothing out of the Ordinary and Mainly this will just change the abilities gained at
3, 7, 10, 15 and 18 and Indomitable

Choose your Oath and get your Flavor of the month Divinity!
Devotion-Fiend
Ancient-Fey
(You know the Drill the same ones as Paladins, I just don't have access to them)
Channel Divinity Will be Turn undead and what ever the Paladin particularly Favors IE Devotion turns undead and fiends, Ancients turns undead and fey. It uses the same pool as your Action Surge

Lay on Hands Lv3 as well
This one is tricky i want to add this but at the same time, I am not so sure if i can, at first i was under the impressions fighters used Hitdice with second wind but I have been proven wrong. So i will start the ability with this and i take any advice on it. 5xFighter(Paladin) Level Pool used to heal others that can be refilled during short rest at the cost of hitdice.

Replace the Abilities you get at level 5 7 10 15 and 18 with the Paladin Abilities
Lv18 being the Capstone

Replace Indomitable with Aura of Protection

And then there is Smite, where to put it and if it still uses the same function as it did before. IE Give up a spell slot for damage. I'm honestly thinking of making it a Cantrip but I can't see that as balanced unless the damage was nerfed fixed and the effect made sense.