PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Clerics of the Roman Empire (new domain, gods)

Grynning
2016-03-28, 07:50 PM
Our last article for March's Roman theme. I took a crack at a new domain and a little info about Roman religion.
http://forgotmydice.com/index.php/2016/03/27/a-tide-in-the-affairs-of-men/

Grynning
2016-03-29, 09:06 AM
Made a slight change - added an extend spell ability to the capstone.

Final Hyena
2016-03-29, 10:07 PM
Guiding Voice

This is potentially very powerful for rogues, the other example of such a feature being used is a fighter ability that makes the one attacking lose its reaction.

Apart from that I like it a lot.

Edit;
It might just be my opposition to the powerful Guiding Voice and rogue/pally combo, but perhaps changing Improved Guiding Voice to give bonus to damage only would help.

Grynning
2016-03-30, 08:02 PM
I understand that concern; it would require some playtesting. I think the fact that it has limited daily uses is a sufficient limitation, and also I don't think a couple extra rogue sneak attacks are so powerful as to throw off the whole game. It probably should require the use of the ally's reaction to be in line with the similar fighter ability though, good call out. I'll make that change.

Final Hyena
2016-03-31, 11:38 AM
If you were to compare it to the war clerics guided strike that gives +10 to hit, this gives +4/+5 to att and damage which is reasonably on par, until you see that guided strike costs channel divinity whereas this does not, it costs a new resource of which you'll have 4/5 uses.