PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Of course you need dire camel! Everyone need dire camel!

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-04, 05:18 AM
I hope you're happy now.

Dire Camel (Bactrian)
Huge beast, unaligned
Armour Class 11 (natural armour)
Hit Points 47 (5d12 + 15)
Speed 60 ft.

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

19 (+4)
8 (-1)
16 (+3)
2 (-4)
8 (-1)
6 (-2)

Senses passive Perception 9
Languages -
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Steppe Adaptation. The camel is adapted to cold environments as noted on page 110 of the DMG. Furthermore, it suffers no penalties from difficult terrain created by snow, ice or rock.

Sure-Footed. The camel has advantage on Strength and Dexterity saving throws made against effects that would knock it prone.

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
Dire Camel (Dromedary)
Huge beast, unaligned
Armour Class 11 (natural armour)
Hit Points 52 (5d12 + 20)
Speed 60 ft.

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

17 (+3)
8 (-1)
18 (+4)
2 (-4)
8 (-1)
6 (-2)

Senses passive Perception 9
Languages -
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Desert Adaptation. The camel is adapted to hot environments as noted on page 110 of the DMG. Furthermore, it suffers no penalties from difficult terrain created by sand.

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage.

Spit. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 4) acid damage.
Dire Camelich
Huge undead, neutral evil
Armour Class 12 (natural armour)
Hit Points 115 (10d12 + 50)
Speed 60 ft.

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

21 (+5)
10 (+0)
21 (+5)
12 (+1)
18 (+4)
16 (+3)

Damage Resistances cold, fire, necrotic
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhausted, frightened, paralysed, poisoned
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages -
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)

Magic Resistance. The camelich has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Environmental Adaptation. The camelich is adapted to hot and cold environments as noted on page 110 of the DMG. Furthermore, it suffers no penalties from difficult terrain created by snow, ice, rock or sand.

Actions
Multiattack. The camelich makes two bite attacks.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.

Acid Breath (Recharge 5-6). The camelich exhales acid in a 30-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 27 (6d8) acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-04, 05:21 AM
Ohohohoho, NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite. I will never run a campaign without these in it.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-04, 05:23 AM
Ohohohoho, NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.

Can I sig that please? :smallbiggrin:

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-04, 05:24 AM
Can I sig that please? :smallbiggrin:But of course!

RickAllison
2016-04-04, 05:32 AM
With your permission, NinjaPrawn, I'd like to include your Dire Camelich in my undead one-shot. Seems like just the thing to add to it!

Amechra
2016-04-04, 05:34 AM
Do I detect Crazy Hassan? (https://youtu.be/W59u4uxQHws?t=48s)

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-04, 05:35 AM
With your permission, NinjaPrawn

Sure. For future reference, anything I post here is for public consumption. Though I would note that these creatures are intended as a joke. I'm not sure the camelich is actually interesting enough to be a fun encounter at CR 6. It... doesn't have a lot of flesh on its bones. :smallwink:

Do I detect Crazy Hassan? (https://youtu.be/W59u4uxQHws?t=48s)

Yeah. You may not have seen, but over on the 5e subforum we've been putting together a collaborative random encounter table (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?482746-1001-Things-That-Happened-Walking-Down-the-Street) (or something), and the groupthink seems to have coalesced around dire camels...

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-04, 05:38 AM
Sure. For future reference, anything I post here is for public consumption. Though I would note that these creatures are intended as a joke. I'm not sure the camelich is actually interesting enough to be a fun encounter at CR 6. It... doesn't have a lot of flesh on its bones. :smallwink:Really, these all need to have an ability whereby the mere mentioning of the creature immediately summons 1d4+1 additional Dire Camels.

Yeah. You may not have seen, but over on the 5e subforum we've been putting together a collaborative random encounter table (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?482746-1001-Things-That-Happened-Walking-Down-the-Street) (or something), and the groupthink seems to have coalesced around dire camels...
This is all my fault, actually. I made a terrible mistake by invoking that dread name. It just snowballed from there.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-04, 05:44 AM
Really, these all need to have an ability whereby the mere mentioning of the creature immediately summons 1d4+1 additional Dire Camels.

Variant: Dire Camel Summoning
Some camels can have an action option that allows them to summon other camels.

Summon Camel (1/Day). The camel chooses what to summon and attempts a magical summoning.

A dire camel has a 30 percent chance of summoning 1d6 camels.
A dire camelich has a 50 percent chance of summoning 2d6 camels or 1d4+1 dire camels.

If any creature says the words "dire camel" out loud, there is a 25% chance that 1d4+1 dire camels will immediately appear within 60 feet of them. The DM decides if the camels are friendly, hostile, indifferent or tame.

...aaaand now the world 'camel' has lost all meaning for me. Camel. Camel. K'mel. Carmel. Caramel. Cam-L.

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-04, 05:48 AM
Variant: Dire Camel Summoning
Some camels can have an action option that allows them to summon other camels.

Summon Camel (1/Day). The camel chooses what to summon and attempts a magical summoning.

A dire camel has a 30 percent chance of summoning 1d6 camels.
A dire camelich has a 50 percent chance of summoning 2d6 camels or 1d4+1 dire camels.

If any creature says the words "dire camel" out loud, there is a 25% chance that 1d4+1 dire camels will immediately appear within 60 feet of them. The DM decides if the camels are friendly, hostile, indifferent or tame.And every camel summoned by them will share the same ability. It's exponential camels. Camels for days. From here on out, it's all Dire Camels.
Because there will never be anything else, ever again.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-04, 06:04 AM
These are really cool honestly. Not special but just nice

Mrmox42
2016-04-04, 06:28 AM
Those creatures fill a niche that has been in need of filling for AGES :smallwink:

Good work

Logosloki
2016-04-04, 07:42 AM
Now I need a werecamel, a swarm of insect sized camels, a camel dragon and a camel PC race and I will have almost all the camel I need. Thank you for bringing to my attention that I needed dire camels in my life.

khadgar567
2016-04-04, 07:47 AM
Now I need a werecamel, a swarm of insect sized camels, a camel dragon and a camel PC race and I will have almost all the camel I need. Thank you for bringing to my attention that I needed dire camels in my life.

check akashic mysteries mate there is a camel race called gamla in races pdf

RazDelacroix
2016-04-04, 01:30 PM
I never knew I needed to immediately add these to my bestiary until now!

JNAProductions
2016-04-04, 06:38 PM
I love this. All the love.

JBPuffin
2016-04-04, 06:41 PM
And every camel summoned by them will share the same ability. It's exponential camels. Camels for days. From here on out, it's all Dire Camels.
Because there will never be anything else, ever again.

"The world is held between the humps of a camelich."
"But what's the camelich held by?"
"Camels, son. It's camels all the way down."

MrStabby
2016-04-05, 03:16 PM
The only thing missing is that probability of meeting d3 dire camels in a swamp.