PDA

View Full Version : Bladeravers and Levistus

Xefas
2007-06-21, 07:44 PM
I'm going to be running a tabletop game soon that involves the Nine Hells a great deal, and wanted the first adventure to deal with Levistus' followers.

In the Book of Vile Darkness and The Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells, it is mentioned briefly that the worshippers/clerics of Levistus are called Bladeravers, and they're very swashbucklery.

For the lower level followers, just having lightly armored, more dextrous, rapier wielding clerics with some appropriate ice spells and such will be okay, and so will Swashbucklers or Rogues for non-magical grunts...but for the higher-ups, I'd really like something special that the party will remember. Something that, if the party were to be reminded of a certain action, they'd immediately consider it synonymous with Levistus.

After thinking over it for a bit, I figured it couldn't hurt to come to these forums and ask for some advice! I mean...I don't even know where to start. Should I make some kind of prestige class for this sort of thing? Or a set of feats that do something special with an already existing class? Or just a unique monster (actually human, but 'monster' as a generic term) that has some flashy powers that can't be gotten in any sort of normal way?

Advice of any kind would be appreciated.

Kellus
2007-06-21, 07:57 PM
Perhaps this foe could be a devil with class levels in swasbuckler or fighter, and in duelist as a prestige class.

If you want to make it interesting, though, give him tons of ranks in Balance, give him the feats associated with Levistus in Fiendish Codex II (Brand of the Nine Hells and Mark of Stygia), arm him with a magical cold iron rapier made of Baatorian green steel, and have them fight him on an icy plateau where he can use all sorts of slippery tactics against them. If I remember correctly, one of those feats gives them bonuses fighting on ice, and negates any problems with moving around on it. Have him use it to his advantage to confuse and disorient the party, while he ducks in and out with his green rapier. Depending on the level you're expecting the party to be, any number of devilish minions would fit the bill. Look at the table at the back of the Codex for a breakdown by CR, and find an appropriately difficult devil to pump up. :P

Matthew
2007-06-22, 07:18 PM
I would make a unique Prestige Class if I were you.

Xefas
2007-06-23, 03:01 PM
Thank you for the suggestions.

I think I'm going to go with Kellus' idea. I've already drawn up a Barbazu with fighter levels who should fit the bill perfectly. The fight will take place on top of a big glacier where he can use Mark of Stygia, Spring Attack, and Bounding Assault to run circles around the party. It'll be loads of fun.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out =)