PDA

View Full Version : Revised Weapons for RECON

beachhead1973
2016-04-09, 01:15 AM
Anyone remember RECON?

It's a fun simple game. You can barely call it an RPG; more of a simple combat simulator. But there are some RP aspects and the game is quick to learn and reasonably easy to play.

It was my first ever RPG and It's given me many good hours over the years; even just reading the book and enjoying the art was a pleasure.

Far from perfect though, but good enough.

As with most RPGs though, I take issue with the weapons and RECON gives me more reason to protest than most. It seems that someone thought that the ammunition in an M1 Carbine was the same as that used by a BAR, M1 Garand, ect.

So here is a revised weapon table I did up recently for RECON. I corrected some stats; aiming for a balance between game flavour and realism. I also simplified some things to make for less referring to tables in the book. it's far from perfect, but I think a great improvement over that offered in the basic rules.

Basically all you need to make use of this table are the core rules.

So anyone interested is welcome to take a look and tell me what you think.

If you're interested in seeing this in other formats; fill your boots, but I stick to MS Office.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw28z9aj5hy7l11/Revised%20Weapons%20for%20RECON.xlsx?dl=0