PDA

View Full Version : Spell to permanently change eye colour?

Tyger
2007-06-22, 08:41 PM
Is there a spell that would allow you to permanently change someone's eye colour? Minor I know, but I can't find anything, short of a Polymorph Any Object, and that seems like a touch of overkill.

Damionte
2007-06-22, 08:52 PM
No. You could do a customer cosmetic polymorph spell though. It's the type of thing that has little every day use to an adventurer thus it's probably not in there.

More the purvue of non adventuring spell slingers who work in the private sector. You could open up a pretty good business based on minor polymorph spells.

Douglas
2007-06-22, 08:53 PM
Disguise Self with a house rule that Permanency works on it? Alternatively, a Hat of Disguise (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#hatofDisguise) can keep it up indefinitely.

Starsinger
2007-06-22, 09:14 PM
I imagine prestidigitation could be used to change your own eye color, but not permanently. But I imagine such cosmagic surgery wouldn't be that high level of a spell, probably a 1st level spell, tops.

Keiichi
2007-06-22, 09:19 PM
Does your DM not allow custom built spells created by the PC? if not shoot him, that's half the damn fun of being a caster. just build a first level spell that allows the permanent change in color of one square inch per level. just for really minor things. or permanency on prestidigitation.

Ditto
2007-06-22, 09:23 PM
Ditto to Starsinger's post. A splash or permanencied prestidigitation should do the trick.

Jack Mann
2007-06-22, 09:29 PM
Polymorph Any Object will do the job, and will be permanent.

You know, I could have sworn I'd actually read the opening post first...

Tyger
2007-06-22, 10:36 PM
Yeah, hadn't talked it over with the DM yet. Was hoping there was something in the game already.

That said, I'll be talking to him asap about a custom spell. He's pretty good about things like that.

Starsinger
2007-06-22, 10:47 PM
Call it Cosmagic Surgery I :smallamused:

Generic PC
2007-06-22, 11:54 PM
and, it has to be able to affect 1 inch of skin per level. up to a max of like 70

Peregrine
2007-06-23, 04:17 AM
I just had to have a go at this one. But I figured that actual spells would be more on-topic in the Homebrew forum, so I posted them there (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2780842#post2780842).

Wulfram
2007-06-23, 06:11 AM
A side effect of Arcane Sight is to make your eyes glow blue, and it can be permanencied. Probably not really what you want, though.

Saph
2007-06-23, 06:27 AM
How about using Minor or Major Creation along with Craft Wondrous Item to make coloured contact lenses? :P

Magic coloured contact lenses. Like Eyes of the Eagle, except they turn your eyes a nice shade of green.

- Saph

Ichneumon
2007-06-23, 07:11 AM
Is there a spell that would allow you to permanently change someone's eye colour? Minor I know, but I can't find anything, short of a Polymorph Any Object, and that seems like a touch of overkill.

Interesting, might I ask you, why you want a spell to do this?

Tyger
2007-06-23, 09:19 AM
Interesting, might I ask you, why you want a spell to do this?

Purely RP. A party member has been afflicted with Lycanthropy, and one of the changes is that his eyes have gone from their usual pale icy blue color to wolf yellow. He wants his blue eyes back. Nothing serious, but it would be good RP to accomplish it, and his character and mine are pretty close, so I'd like to acommodate him.

Kurald Galain
2007-06-23, 05:12 PM
Er, ehm, if we put cosmetic surgery into D&D, people will probably want spells to, well, enlarge certain specific body parts? You know, the kind of stuff everybody gets five spammy e-mails per day for?

Pyro
2007-06-23, 05:18 PM
^ You know if you could localize a enlarge person spell that just might work, but it would be horrible overkill.

Setra
2007-06-23, 06:38 PM
^ You know if you could localize a enlarge person spell that just might work, but it would be horrible overkill.
Not if it actually worked :smalltongue:

Gaelbert
2007-06-23, 06:45 PM

My players tried to do that...

Saph
2007-06-23, 06:46 PM
I'd still go for the contact lenses approach. It's already established that D&D worlds have contact lenses, since the DMG has stuff like Eyes of the Eagle. So all you have to do is make a nonmagical version of the same with a blue tint. Should be very cheap, and you can switch the colours afterwards whenever you feel like it. :)

- Saph

Gavin Sage
2007-06-23, 06:51 PM
While Prestidigitation has already been said I don't even think it need permanency. The duration for the spell is for how long you can preform its effects, not the effects themselves. So you could color someones eyes as long as the DM allowed that as a minor effect, which if not wouldn't matter with permanency one way or the other.

Corolinth
2007-06-23, 08:24 PM
Welcome to House Rules 101

I suppose another way to get his blue eyes back would be to go on some godforsaken quest to find a cure.

Tyger
2007-06-23, 08:35 PM
Welcome to House Rules 101

I suppose another way to get his blue eyes back would be to go on some godforsaken quest to find a cure.

Except he doesn't want a cure. :)

But yeah, looks like the DM is going to enforce the eye color... a burden to bear and all that. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Breaon
2007-06-23, 10:42 PM
Except he doesn't want a cure. :)

But yeah, looks like the DM is going to enforce the eye color... a burden to bear and all that. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Good for the DM; Lycanthropy can be very powerful, and generally not accepted in the non-evil civilized lands. Should be some side-effect for wanting to keep it, unless he's like a were-sloth or something. Then I just feel sorry for him, and offer this vial of wyvern's sting poison to ease the burden.

herrhauptmann
2007-06-23, 10:56 PM

Haven't done that one. Did have a DM allow 2 different spells. One was an enchantment, range of 'self'. Certain bodily fluids taste like ice tea.
Another, can be cast on others or self, transmutation... Actually make those same fluids taste like ice tea.

Tyger
2007-06-23, 11:20 PM
Haven't done that one. Did have a DM allow 2 different spells. One was an enchantment, range of 'self'. Certain bodily fluids taste like ice tea.
Another, can be cast on others or self, transmutation... Actually make those same fluids taste like ice tea.

While I can not believe that I am actually responding to this... *shudders* you could do that with Prestidigitation.

*goes off to take a hot shower and use brillo pads on his brain*

TigerHunter
2007-06-23, 11:39 PM
Selling brain acid, 10,000 gp/vial!

Pyro
2007-06-23, 11:42 PM

Part of me wants to ask which ones, but the other part fears the answer.

Toric
2007-06-24, 01:08 AM
Part of me wants to ask which ones, but the other part fears the answer.

Blood, obviously, for the vampire in denial.

Turcano
2007-06-24, 01:24 AM
Blood, obviously, for the vampire in denial.

That reminds me of Carpe Jugulum:

"I'm a vampire! I'm supposed to crave blood! And all I can think about is a cup of tea with three sugars in it, whatever the hell that is!"

Kurald Galain
2007-06-24, 02:48 AM
It's already established that D&D worlds have contact lenses, since the DMG has stuff like Eyes of the Eagle.

It would make a lot more sense for those Eyes to be monocles.