PDA

View Full Version : Brass knuckles (Weapon)

StickMan
2007-06-22, 10:21 PM
Brass Knuckles
Simple Weapon
Cost: 2GP
DMG: Dmg (S): 1d3 Dmg (M): 1d4
Critical: X2
Weight: 1lb
Type:Bludgeoning

Brass Knuckles are used mostly by thugs, who want to hurt you, but maybe not quite kill you, if your lucky.

Your opponent cannot use a disarm action to disarm you of Brass Knuckles.
If the weilder has Improved unarmed strike and deals damage with a punch using Brass Knuckles he deals +1 damage.

Brass Knuckles are not a monk weapon and can not be used as part of a furry of blows.

Dhavaer
2007-06-22, 11:00 PM
These are much, much better than gauntlets, which doesn't seem realistic or balanced. Why not just use the gauntlet stats?

Draken
2007-06-22, 11:41 PM
I never actually saw normal gauntlets as true weapons, I think they are just part of your armor that gets stated a bit because they alter the attack.

But, the damage bonus looks out of place, and I hardly see a monk using these.

TheOOB
2007-06-22, 11:53 PM
Brass knuckles are just gauntles that are easier to carry, they make unarmed attacks do leathal damage.

Joltz
2007-06-23, 12:50 AM

They're not special monk weapons either. I always thought there needed to be a few more benefits to non-monks with the improved unarmed strike feat. This seems like a good weapon overall to me.

StickMan
2007-06-23, 05:10 AM
These are much, much better than gauntlets, which doesn't seem realistic or balanced. Why not just use the gauntlet stats?

No not realy, Gauntlets are not made to be a weapon when you get hit with gauntlets your getting hit with a basicly a metal fist. When you get hit with Brass Knuckles the force of impact is on the smaller area of metal, honestly they may actualy need to do slashing damage as they cut flesh as well as bruise.

The Idea of the damage bonus comes from the starwars roleplaying game honestly, and I don't see a monk useing these as they are not a monk weapon.

Brass knuckles are just gauntles that are easier to carry, they make unarmed attacks do leathal damage.

Have you seen anyone who has been worked over in the real world by Brass Knuckles, I have trust me they do more than 1d3 damage. And by realy world I do not mean movies.

Kyace
2007-06-23, 05:24 AM
A punch dagger is basically a brass knuckle with a blade on the front, 1d4 seems reasonable. Maybe instead of a +1 to damage for having improved unarmed, you can pull the punches to turn brass knuckle damage into nonlethal at no penalty. That keeps the flavor of improved unarmed while not punishing players who get brass knuckles.