PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Fiendish powers as spells [PEACH]

JeffreyGator
2016-04-21, 04:57 PM
I have a orphaned toon in my current campaign that has nearly identical stats to the succubus.

STR 7 vs 8 DEX 18 v 17 CON 12 v 13 INT 15 v 16 WIS 12 CH 18 v 20
(evidently I am more concerned about even values as a player optimizer than monster describers)

What do you think about the following spells duplicating the two main succubus powers?
Are they appropriately balanced? Is the level accurate?

The charm is more powerful than charm person (makes friendly) and suggestion (1 sentence command) but should be less powerful than dominate person - but maybe not and so should be higher in level than even 3. I added the bold italic lines to the monster power.

I added a defensive option to the kiss power in bold italics to give it another situational use at a weak point for a low strength character/monster.

Tempting Kiss
Enchantment (Necromancy) cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous
Requires a willing or charmed creature or creature that has grappled the caster. Requires caster to kiss the target. 1d10+ Cha psychic damage or half damage on save. reduces HP max by equal amount. Target dies if reduced to 0 by this spell
The spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

Fiendish Charm
3rd level Enchantment
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: 24 hours
One humanoid The Fiend can see within 30 feet of it must succeed on a wisdom saving throw or be magically Charmed for 1 day. If you or creatures that are friendly to you are fighting it, it has advantage on the saving throw. The Charmed target obeys the fiend's verbal or telepathic commands. If the target suffers any harm or receives a suicidal Command, it can repeat the saving throw, with advantage, ending the effect on a success. If the target successfully saves against the effect, or if the effect on it ends, the target is immune to this fiend's Charm for the next 24 hours.
The Fiend can have only one target Charmed at a time. If it charms another, the effect on the previous target ends.