PDA

View Full Version : Blood spinner 5e sorcerous origin. Help me balance this!

Myrthrodorr
2016-05-09, 12:30 AM
My first stab at a sorcerer subclass for d&d 5e. Feel free give any and all critique. And I know, giving a feature at first level that can't be used till second is weird, but I couldn't figure out how to fit it in anywhere else. Im open to all suggestions as this was thrown together from the ranting of a player.
Here it is,

sorcerous origin
Blood spinner
Your innate magic comes from your blood itself. Sorcerers of this origin trace their lineage back to the Blood Magi of old, inheriting their ability to shape your blood to your will. Your blood is harmful to non-blood spinners, eating away at their bodies.
Cutting your wrists is a free action

Blood spinning
You gain minor control of your blood. Beginning at first level, as a bonus action, you can shape your blood into simple melee weapons. you losing health points equal to the maximum number of the weapon’s damage dice. In addition, you gain proficiency with any weapon made out of your blood. Also, the weapon does acid damage in the place of the weapon's normal damage type.

Blood magic
Your spells are cast using your blood instead of elemental magic. Starting at first level, all spell damage is converted to acid damage. You can also convert health into sorcery points at a 1d6 to 1 ratio, never exceeding the maximum points as listed on the sorcerer table.

Blood infusion
Starting at sixth level, you gain the ability to fuse your own blood with that of the enemy. When you make a successful attack against a target you can infect the enemy with your blood, causing them to make a constitution saving throw against your spell save. On a failed save the target is blinded or deafened until the end of their next turn.

Blood expert
At 14th level, you know the inner workings of a creature's organs and cardio system. Your attacks score a critical on a 19 or 20. In addition, when you kill an opponent with a critical attack, you gain health equal to the amount of damage done to the target halved (round up).

Blood bomb
Beggining at 18th level, when you kill an opponent, you can spend 5 sorcery points to cause their blood cells to expand and explode. Every creature in a 30 ft radius must make a dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 12d6 acid damage and half as much on a successful save. You can only use this feature once per turn.