PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Phantom of the Opera Werewolf IX: Digital Phantoms.

Pages : [1] 2

ThePhantom
2016-05-19, 11:04 AM
Phantom of the Opera Werewolf IX: Digital Phantoms.
----

The Computer Company, nicknamed the Opera House after the building it’s based in former use, is in turmoil. Some hacker has put the building itself on lock down and is threatening to not only blow it to kingdom come but unleashing a supervirus unless their demands are met. With movement within the building made impossible by the lock down, the only hope the staff have is through the only program without safeguards, a session based on a novel.

Good Guys: Win when all wolves are dead, extra win if both Christine and Raoul are alive at the end of the game.

Christine Daaé: The rising star of the company and creator of a special firewall. Day Baner with 2 day cooldown, extra win condition for wolves

Raoul: Just one of the interns, but the only person small enough to move through the vents and get help.. He is able to protect himself and others from the Phantom's wrath. Baner

André and Firmin: The new managers of the Opera house, they know each other role, but if one dieds, the other goes with him. Partners/lovers

Carlotta: The Admin of the opera, and is very jealous of Christine's success. Vain and self-focus, she thinks that she can tell the real identity of people, but she is not often right. Fool

Police: The police summoned by Raoul to trap the Phantom. They know each other. Masons

Staff: The cast of the opera house. They just want to survive this madness. villagers

Madame Giry: Former employee who came to work just to see some friends, she knows about the Phantom, and the opera house, and with this being the night of the Seer

Wolves: Win when other roles are equal to number of living wolves. Extra win: Christine lynched or night killed.

Shadows: The hiding places of the Phantom. wolves

Head of Fire: A fierily head, that wanders the opera house program, some kind of hacking program. Its eyes of fire can see the identity of people. Devil
The Phantom: The hacker behind this chaos, though who that is a mystery. All that’s clear is that they are clever, insane and obsessed with the idea of the Phantom of the Opera.
Alpha, special: If lynched, the role of the Phantom moves to a shadow.

Player List
1. Black Socks Night 6 police
2. Duck999 Night 1 Firim
3. BasketofPuppies Day 4 shadow
4. norman250
5. Lex-kat Day 6 Phantom
6. Ramsus
7. Elenna Day 7 villager
8. Fortuna Night 3 police
9. Deathslayer7 Night 1 Andre
10. Pelican Day 1, Raoul.
11. Eggel
12. Luizeu villager
13. Silent_Interim Day 5 Villager
14. Fleeing Coward Day 3 Villager
15. flat-footed Night 7 Carlotta
16. The-lost-byte Night 5 Christine
17. Bunny of Faith villager
18. Disc Lorde Night 2 Villager
19. C'nor Night 4 Madame Giry

Black Socks
2016-05-26, 06:18 PM
I'd like to play. This is my first game, so sorry in advance if I mess up...

Duck999
2016-05-26, 06:41 PM
I'd like to play. This is my first game, so sorry in advance if I mess up...

Welcome! Phantom's games are probably a good place to start. Not too much complexity and plenty of role-play.

For those reasons, I'll join too.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-05-26, 07:32 PM
I'm in hopefully work will ease up enough to let me RP.

norman250
2016-05-26, 08:50 PM
Very much in!

Lex-Kat
2016-05-26, 09:44 PM
Always in, for a Phantom game. :smallsmile:

Ramsus
2016-05-26, 10:24 PM
I'll be in, maybe I won't get killed for suggesting the wolves don't ruin everything by just killing active players in this game.

Elenna
2016-05-27, 12:21 AM
In! :smallsmile:

Fortuna
2016-05-27, 07:01 AM
Ah, excellent, I'd been wondering when the wheel would turn again.

Deathslayer7
2016-05-27, 08:50 AM
In. :smallsmile:

Pelican
2016-05-27, 10:43 AM
In! :smallsmile:

Eggel
2016-05-27, 11:16 AM
In :smallbiggrin:

Luizeu
2016-05-27, 12:08 PM
Hooray. I'm in

Silent_Interim
2016-05-27, 01:05 PM
Don't think I've been in on one of Phantom's before. First time for everything if not.

Fleeing Coward
2016-05-27, 11:42 PM
Count me in.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-05-28, 12:07 AM
Count me in.

The fist word of FC's post was "Count." When that word is capitalized, it may be in reference to someone's name. Whose? Count Von Count from Sesame Street of course. Notice how his name has the same number of words as FC's post.

All of the words in FC's post have exactly 1 syllable. If we count up one (as the Count is prone to doing) from there we get 2. If we look at the second spoiler that Phantom posted, it's of the wolf roles. If we then count (see last parentheses) the number of words in his post we get 3. The third entry under the second spoiler is that of the Phantom of the Opera.

Men, women, nonbinaries, it is obvious to me that FC was given his role prior to his sign up and that knowledge subconsciously influenced how he first posted, leaving a breadcrumb trail straight to his role.

TL;DR- I accused FC of being the Alpha through some of the largest leaps of logic seen on this subforum in a while.

Fortuna
2016-05-28, 06:43 AM
The fist word of FC's post was "Count." When that word is capitalized, it may be in reference to someone's name. Whose? Count Von Count from Sesame Street of course. Notice how his name has the same number of words as FC's post.

All of the words in FC's post have exactly 1 syllable. If we count up one (as the Count is prone to doing) from there we get 2. If we look at the second spoiler that Phantom posted, it's of the wolf roles. If we then count (see last parentheses) the number of words in his post we get 3. The third entry under the second spoiler is that of the Phantom of the Opera.

Men, women, nonbinaries, it is obvious to me that FC was given his role prior to his sign up and that knowledge subconsciously influenced how he first posted, leaving a breadcrumb trail straight to his role.

TL;DR- I accused FC of being the Alpha through some of the largest leaps of logic seen on this subforum in a while.

I feel this would be much funnier if I'd been hanging around this community lately.

flat_footed
2016-05-29, 11:45 AM
In! I've played versions of WW and Mafia in person before (marching band WAS good for something). Excited to see it here as well!

The-lost-Byte
2016-05-30, 02:02 AM
Count me in.
lost Byte... this fits too well :D

Bunny of Faith
2016-05-30, 11:51 AM
Still space to get in? I've not played a WW game in forever.

Disc Lorde
2016-05-31, 02:04 PM
I'm in. This should be interesting.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-02, 04:44 AM
I'll hop in.

ThePhantom
2016-06-03, 10:58 AM
Alright, that about enough people to start up. I'll be sending out the role pms later today.

ThePhantom
2016-06-03, 05:37 PM
C'nor, you need to clear out your pm box.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-03, 06:04 PM
C'nor, you need to clear out your pm box.

PM box is cleared.

ThePhantom
2016-06-03, 06:14 PM
The Opera House was once a fine example of such structures, now serves as the company headquarters for one of the premier computer companies in the world. but sometimes, things don't go so well. Today is one such day, but its much worse than what has come before, because a mad man hadn't taken over the building before. The windows are sealed and the lights are out, only the computers with limited access have any power. The police have arrived, but in the darkness gotten separated and backup is no longer on the way. Who will get out of this alive? We will see.

Day 1 Begins and ends in 48 hours.

Black Socks
2016-06-03, 06:31 PM
Billy Samuels looked at his fellow employees with a sigh. He remembered his childhood games of Mafia. Regardless of who won, the end result was always the same: chaos, suspicion and a whole lot of townsfolk dead.
Billy always wore a dark blue pouch containing several different dice on a string around his neck. This was the source of his nickname: "the Dice Guy". He was known for rolling them before making a decision. Seriously, he frequently used them to decide what to have for lunch. This resulted in some pretty weird combos, for example: a teriyaki chicken pita, Fruitopia, a grapefruit and a pecan brownie. No one could deny his skill at programming, though.
Billy sighed again, fished a die out of the pouch, and rolled it. 10. "Pelican was acting suspiciously earlier today! He must be one of them!" he proclaimed. He then sat down, pulled a battered paperback book out of his desk, and began to read.

Out-of-character: Since no one has done, well, anything, yet (it being the first day), I used a random number generator to pick a lynch target.

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-03, 09:19 PM
Phantom accidentally pm'd me the wolf list.

Black Socks
Duck999
BasketofPuppies
norman250
Lex-kat
Ramsus
Elenna
Fortuna
Deathslayer7
Pelican
Eggel
Luizeu
Silent_Interim
flat-footed
The-lost-byte
Bunny of Faith
Disc Lorde
C'nor

Fleeing Coward

norman250
2016-06-03, 10:00 PM

Black Socks
Duck999
BasketofPuppies
norman250
Lex-kat
Ramsus
Elenna
Fortuna
Deathslayer7
Pelican
Eggel
Luizeu
Silent_Interim
flat-footed
The-lost-byte
Bunny of Faith
Disc Lorde
C'nor

Fleeing Coward

Meh heh heh,'good one. Excited to start this, will make an actual post when I'm home and not typing on my phone!

Eggel
2016-06-03, 10:31 PM

Black Socks
Duck999
BasketofPuppies
norman250
Lex-kat
Ramsus
Elenna
Fortuna
Deathslayer7
Pelican
Eggel
Luizeu
Silent_Interim
flat-footed
The-lost-byte
Bunny of Faith
Disc Lorde
C'nor

Fleeing Coward

You know, at first I thought this was for real. :smalltongue:

RNGesus, hear our prayers, and impart to us, with the glory of your randomness, the wisdom to lynch a target on Day 1.

(Rolls d20)

And lo! he has spoken onto us, that our vote shall be cast upon Pelican!

Praise be, praise be to our lord RNGesus!

Deathslayer7
2016-06-03, 10:50 PM
Eggel for not voting in red

Fortuna
2016-06-03, 11:14 PM
Deathslayer7 for being the person above me and the person below me. That's just geometrically impolite. :smallfurious: Above me in the thread, below me in the player list.

Elenna
2016-06-04, 12:12 AM
Silent_Interim for unlucky number 13.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-04, 12:29 AM
Pelican has two attempted votes, but only one counts. So for now, I'll go with Deathslayer7 in the hopes of getting a pressure wagon going early. Day 1 Random tends to leave us in the same sort of place that we're in now, just with a dead guy.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-04, 12:31 AM
Fortuna because they lied about Deathslayer's posting positions.

norman250
2016-06-04, 12:46 AM
Norman looked around nervously, hyperventilating into the paper bag he kept with him.
"It's just uh... It's just my first day," he said, to no one in particular, staring at the floor.
"I uh, you know, basic IT and all that. Didn't know the damn place would be... Damn, really! I knew I shouldn't have taken this job!"

[OOC] Random first vote on Elenna. Subject to change as discussion continues, but I don't really put much stock into Day 1, so we'll see.

Fortuna
2016-06-04, 12:50 AM
Fortuna because they lied about Deathslayer's posting positions.

Read the white text. :smallwink:

Felandria
2016-06-04, 01:10 AM
PM box is cleared.

S'full again :smallredface:

And, yes, I would love to.

*exits thread where I don't belong*

Ramsus
2016-06-04, 01:33 AM
Too busy to RP at the moment. Dice say.... C'nor.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-04, 08:49 AM
Shutdown...
The only light in the room was comming from the Computer, a pretty, new model, but whit limited access.
"VERDAMMT!" ,crused the german employee, "Why can't i put the lights on?"
*enter username* The-lost-Byte
*enter password* 1 6 _ _ _
*process*
*not able to enter main system*
*start backup*
*process*
*Welcome The-lost-Byte*
The employee started to type something in the Keyboard, followed by a few clicks whit the mouse.
"Enable the light, come on!"
*process*
Light. the Lamps was bright like never before. Aaaand shut down again...
"Did that Fleeing Coward mess whit the system again?"

OOC: Day one Vote, totaly useless to jump on a waggon... also this guy made worse jokes than a specific Sans

Deathslayer7
2016-06-04, 08:57 AM
Let's put the pressure on C'Nor as well then.

And now its a 2 way tie between us (and technically Peligan if Eggel ever changes his vote to red).

Duck999
2016-06-04, 09:45 AM
I don't like three-way ties (assuming Eggel changes his vote color), so I'm going to RNG between the three of them and vote Pelican.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-04, 10:06 AM
C'nor for reasons on day one. Pressure is a good idea!

flat_footed
2016-06-04, 11:19 AM
"Get away from there!!"

A muffled commotion is heard down the hall and flat_footed rushes into the room where everyone else has gathered, something clutched in his hand. He bends over, air whooshing in and out as he tries to catch his breath. "I, *whew* I saw someone at one of the computers poking around. As soon as they saw me approaching them they took off running." flat_footed grimaces. "I wasn't able to see who it was, but I did see what they were looking at." He holds up the item in his hand, revealed to be the keyboard from C'nor's desk. "I don't want to believe it either, but take a look at this." On the bottom of the keyboard is a torn piece of binder paper with the C'nor's Username and Password clearly written. "I don't know why this is where anyone can find it, or if they meant for someone to find it, but it's not looking good for C'nor."

Eggel
2016-06-04, 11:20 AM
I have officially changed my vote on Pelican to be in red in my original post, so that fixes that.

Bunny of Faith
2016-06-04, 03:53 PM
Deathslayer7 for now, naturally subject to change.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-04, 04:42 PM
Andy Hendricks cursed and turned on his cell phone for a light. He moved the light down his shelves of discs, looking for a backup. Andy had lots of discs. CD-ROMs, DVDs, even some old floppys. He even preferred to record much of his work on CDs, despite the popularity of thumb drives. All this had earned him the nickname Disc Lorde, or DL for short. Finding what he was looking for, Andy loaded it into his computer. The monitor lit up, and a grey loading bar displayed. When it filled, the computer was functional again. Andy tried to access the company's network. No luck. Still, at least the room was dimly lit by the monitor now.

Andy headed to the watercooler (because that is the cliche place for people to congregate and discuss in an office). There he found his co-workers discussing who could be behind this. Billy and some others were claiming that RNGesus had revealed to them that it was Pelican. Andy chimed in. "Pelican it is. Praise RNGesus!"

(OOC: Well, RNG has helped us catch a wolf once before. Plus I like Pelican's wagon the best out of all the current ones. Also, nice to see we have so many good roleplayers in this game.)

Silent_Interim
2016-06-04, 04:46 PM
One of the programmers speaks up suddenly, previously almost entirely unnoticed. "It won't do us any good to argue endlessly among ourselves. Let's just see about C'nor and then work out what we can after that." He then returns to pretending to work on the problem at his computer while eating a mysterious, and strangely shrivelled, sandwich.
((OOC))
A quick vote tally:
Pelican: 3
Deathslayer7: 3
Silent_Interim: 1
Fortuna: 1
Ellena: 1
C'nor: 5 (Including mine)
No point in my creating a tie or jumping on a smaller group. It wouldn't do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oop, ninja'd. Make that 4 on Pelican.

Fortuna
2016-06-04, 07:32 PM
Fortuna, the office cat, descendant of a long line of opera cats, was bewildered and dismayed. Not so much by the darkness - it got dark at night, that was fine, although it really shouldn't so soon after it got light. No, it was all the people milling about, shouting and muttering and poking at each other instead of at the boxes. And none of them had noticed it was mealtime. She mewed a little at ground level, but they were all much too excited to hear her, so she leapt up to scrabble up Pelican's side. She had long since learned nobody could ignore her when she did that.

OOC: Two wagons are better than three, methinks. This brings it to 5/4/2, rather than 5/3/3 - more room for nervous jumping about. Also C'nor is the first person to gesture towards pressure wagons, so ver' mild villager lean there.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-04, 08:02 PM
((I will be posting RP once I get home in ~4 hours))

Disc Lorde
2016-06-04, 08:47 PM
I think that makes it 5/5/2 actually Fortuna. Silent_Interim's list was inaccurate because I ninja'd him, which I he noted.

Fortuna
2016-06-04, 09:03 PM
I think that makes it 5/5/2 actually Fortuna. Silent_Interim's list was inaccurate because I ninja'd him, which I noted.

Beg your pardon. So much the better, then.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-05, 12:54 AM
The four pups woke up, yawned, and noticed that something was off. They all had different owners, at least in theory, but they spent most of their time here together and were very friendly towards everyone, even Fortuna, so they were seen as the company's dogs. They even had a basket where they slept at the office. They were accustomed to the dark, so it didn't seem to faze them as much. They trotted off together looking for someone to per them, or maybe even to feed them, since they were unable to access the dog food in the break room by themselves.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-05, 03:26 AM
Alexia's hand shakes as she walks through the old opera house. Why, why did this happen on my first day? she asks herself. A creek comes from the far corner of the room, and she shines her torch toward the sound. Her heart nearly pounding out of her chest, she stands in dumb attention as she looks at a stuffed Pelican on a pedestal. She nearly decides to shoot it anyway, just for scaring her.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-05, 01:18 PM
((Reads - slightly leaning wolf on Norman250 and The-lost-byte, for what might have been attempts to shut down discussion. Ramsus and Deathslayer are null-tells. Pelican is being very quiet... And I'm going to shamelessly vote there to save my skin, but, you know. At least I'll be honest about it. And I don't think someone who hasn't been able to post at all, with votes on him, is going to contribute much?))

ThePhantom
2016-06-05, 08:10 PM
Hmm, things have gotten a little bit busy, so I'll be extending the day by 24 hours. Day will end tomorrow.

ThePhantom
2016-06-06, 06:36 PM
Alright then. I've given extra time, but no one used it.

End of Day 1

The staff were confused and scared when the doors were locked and the lights went out. In all their panic, no one noticed a new, small employee getting trapped in a supply closet, one with a thick metal door. It would be days before anyone found him.

Summary
Pelican was lynched, he was Raoul, the baner.
Night 1 begins and ends in twenty four hours.

Black Socks
2016-06-06, 07:27 PM
Billy pulled an apple-cranberry granola bar out of his desk, unwrapped it, and began to eat it. That was another weird thing about him; he seemed to have an endless supply of apple-cranberry granola bars in his desk.
Billy reviewed the day's events in his mind. His dice had been wrong about Pelican. He resolved to only use the dice for deciding minor events in the future. "Tommorow, I'll analyze the people who bandwagoned Pelican and look for clues." he thought to himself. In the meantime, he balled up his sweater to use as a pillow and tried to get some sleep.

Out-of-character: nice job, random number generator! Oh well.... tommorow, we shall analyze like MEN! And WOMEN! And NON-BINARIES! YAAAAAAA!!!!
Man, this game is fun!

Fortuna
2016-06-06, 07:38 PM
Is it impolitic to analyze and assess at night?

In any event, I'd like to observe that three people did not vote yesterday - Pelican, Fleeing Coward, and Luizeu. Of the three, Fleeing Coward is unique in posting, but not voting.

ThePhantom
2016-06-06, 07:54 PM
Well, no. But that sort of thing I think would make you a target as the wolves can directly act during this time period. In a in-person game it would be rude but this is a bit different.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-06, 08:12 PM
I would tend to think the opposite. I would think that *not* posting your analysis during the night phase would make you a target because the wolves would know that it's coming in the next day phase if and only if they don't kill you during the night.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-06, 08:17 PM
the four pups, being tuckered out from a long day of wandering and searchin for others, resolved to return to their basket.

The basket was located in a corner of the main workstation, under a desk with a small blanket hanging down, providing darkness and helping to dampen sound. The pups curl up around each other, as they are accustomed, and drifted lazily off to sleep. They seemed to be troubled in their rest, as if they subconsciously knew that something bad had occurred during the day.

Deathslayer7
2016-06-06, 09:35 PM
It's barely night 1, there's only hunches to post.

Pelican
2016-06-07, 10:45 AM
Sorry I wasn't here! Unexpectedly found myself without internet for a few days. Good luck all.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-07, 12:01 PM
The totally uninteresting programmer from before spoke up once again. "Hey, has anybody seen that intern? I would just love if he could make a coffee run about now." His head nodded for a moment. "I'm not sleeping!" he suddenly blurted. "Damn lazy layabout... this generation is never going to.. amount... to..." His head drooped again. "Not sleeping! Working very hard at this problem!"

((:smallannoyed: Well this sucks. I guess we'll live though. Hopefully. I would say that the Pelican wagon is probably a bad place to look for wolves, if my past experience with these games is anything to go by.))

Black Socks
2016-06-07, 02:00 PM
((:smallannoyed: Well this sucks. I guess we'll live though. Hopefully. I would say that the Pelican wagon is probably a bad place to look for wolves, if my past experience with these games is anything to go by.))

Why would that be?

ThePhantom
2016-06-07, 06:33 PM
End of Night 1

When one wants to create havoc, it is best to go for the commanders, to prevent them from rallying their troops. While this situation isn't warfare, the Phantom knows its fact well. It was a struggle, the pair didn't give up easily, not even taken by surprised but enough bullets are more than enough to end the lives of the management. A constant dddddddddddd is the first noticed to the staff that the managers are gone.

Summary:
Duck999 was killed, he was Firmin. Deathslayer7 was also killed, she was Andre.

Day 2 begins and ends in 48 hours.

Duck999
2016-06-07, 06:34 PM
So, first of all, rude. And yeah... that's it. Bye guys.

Deathslayer7
2016-06-07, 07:32 PM
X_X That didn't last long.

norman250
2016-06-08, 12:09 AM
The totally uninteresting programmer from before spoke up once again. "Hey, has anybody seen that intern? I would just love if he could make a coffee run about now." His head nodded for a moment. "I'm not sleeping!" he suddenly blurted. "Damn lazy layabout... this generation is never going to.. amount... to..." His head drooped again. "Not sleeping! Working very hard at this problem!"

"Sorry, Sorry, I'm coming! Sorry I'm late, it's just, it's only my second day, and like, three people are dead... And also we're all locked in here while some psycho is killing people. You know what? Actually, get your own coffee next time!"

Turning away from the more senior programmer, Norman thrusts his hands into his pockets as he strolls around the office.

"Oh, hello there!" he says, bending down to look at some puppies, "What are you guys doing here? Were you one of the programmers' or something? At least I can be sure you little cuties aren't the killer!"

OOC: Honestly, this post makes me a bit suspicious of you. Not enough to vote for you at this time, but could you explain what you meant? If it's a meta-joke that's one thing, but with this being day 2, Pelican's wagon is really ALL we have to go on, shouldn't that be the logical place to start poking? I'm going to wait for you to clarify that, and hopefully for more discussion before throwing a vote.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-08, 12:17 AM
The pups stretch, and, noticing the person, gladly wagged their tails and sat at their feet, hoping for pets or food. They didn't hear any of the commands they'd been taught, so they didn't react to the person's words.

Ramsus
2016-06-08, 12:21 PM
Ok well someone has to actually vote. Not sure why norman250 is suspicious of someone and not voting for them.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-08, 01:27 PM
"So... So much... blood..." The Employee was slowly walking backward fro the dead bodys, crushing intro C'nor.
"DU!" ,screams the german, "I mean YOU! You was the person who closed pelican in this cabin!"
The-lost-Byte starts running, just to crash intro a few chairs before reaching the Office-Box, were he was sleeping this night.

Putting the desk in front of the exit, he says: "Stay away from me! I don't want to die!"
The voice was bibbering of fear...

OOC: poking pelicans waggon is as good as anyone else, the scum couldn't know that he was the banner.
they wasn't able to scry at this point or have they a scry-in-night-ZERO-rule?
@Black Socks: Non-Binaries!? That's rude!
@Norman250: The pelican-reason is a fluff one for me, because we are exact wehre we startet, whit three extra dead and whitout any night-protection

norman250
2016-06-08, 01:36 PM
Ok well someone has to actually vote. Not sure why norman250 is suspicious of someone and not voting for them.

I thought I was fairly clear about wanting to give Silent a chance to clarify himself before trying to get them lynched. They were lynched D1 in my game, and I didn't want to try and start a lynch vote if he was just making a meta-joke or something. But you're right, I should have voted for someone as it doesn't help town to not start discussions. Anyway, I'm going to try with Disc Lorde because I do think that Pelican's wagon is a good place to start, and C'Nor admitted to voting out of a desire to not be lynched, which while it doesn't clear them, it doesn't make them a wolf either.

Black Socks
2016-06-08, 02:09 PM
@Black Socks: Non-Binaries!? That's rude!

BoP used the same term in post #16.

As for a vote, i'm going to go with Lex-Kat for voting Pelican, late in the day when they already had lots of votes, without giving any reason. Later today, when I have more time, I'll try to post some analysis.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-08, 02:38 PM
@the-lost-byte: what's wrong with the term non-binary?

Ramsus
2016-06-08, 04:30 PM
@normam: Ok that's good enough for me. I'll join you in voting for Disc Lorde.

Black Socks
2016-06-08, 04:49 PM
Billy woke up, yawned, stretched, and yawned again. Considering he had slept on the floor with a sweater for a pillow, he was feeling surprisingly rested. Breakfast consisted of a carton of milk and some trail mix from the vending machine in the hallway. After he had eaten, he pulled out a pen and paper, sat down, and began to think.

Everything from here on down is out of character.
As promised, my analysis of those who voted for Pelican on Day 1: (Orange= suspicious)

Black Socks- I used a random number generator and got a 10.

Eggel- Also used a random number generator (abbreviated as RNG).

Duck999- Posthumously cleared.

Disc Lorde- Went along with Eggel and I's RNG votes. Could have been hopping on a bandwagon to avoid suspicion under the cover of RNG.

Fortuna- Voted to stop a 3-way wagon tie.

Lex-Kat- Gave no reason for voting, just RP.

C'Nor- Voted to avoid being lynched, but at least they were honest about it.

I'd also like to point out Silent Interim. Night 1, they informed me that Pelican's wagon would be a bad place to look for wolves. I asked them why, but they haven't posted since.

Anyway, I am keeping my earlier vote on Lex-Kat. Hope that this analysis was helpful.

norman250
2016-06-08, 06:19 PM
-Snip-

I find it helpful, especially since there seems to be very low town discussion. For the most part, I agree with your wolf leans, I too would like to hear Silent's thoughts on his comments. Disc Lorde remains the most suspect to me, as he RNG'd onto a wagon with several votes on it, and that's when it starts to look suspect to me. RNG as the first vote? Sure. Second? Yeah, okay. Third? That's when I start to agree with Black Socks' reasoning that maybe DL was trying to use RNG as a cover. Not saying that's absolutely the case, but I think it's worth checking into.
I will also add that I have a slight town lean on Ramsus, but I usually do, so maybe that's just a bad habit I should kick more than anything else.

ThePhantom
2016-06-08, 08:02 PM
May everyone make sure that their inbox is cleared out?

Silent_Interim
2016-06-08, 10:03 PM
Alright. I don't think that the Pelican wagon is a good place to start looking for wolves for the reason that the-lost-byte clarified-there was no reason for the wolves to vote in any particular direction. Day one wagons tend to be a bad place to look for wolves, from what I've seen in past games. And what make's Pelican's wagon so much more significant than others? Nobody had any information yet except for the wolves. Some of the later, unjustified votes... yeah, that's suspicious, and the thought had not occurred to me when I made that post. As to the early RNG posts on it? Really bad place to start looking.

My current feelings-
I agree that, under the circumstances Disc Lorde looks pretty bad. Jumping late on a wagon that late with little reason seems suspicious.

I feel pretty good about Black Socks, and to a slightly lesser degree norman, for promoting and participating in discussion.

Lex is often a heavy RP player. Not saying that this in any way clears her, but it should certainly be considered. Also, the same criticism can be leveled at flat_footed.

Beyond that, I largely don't have any leans.

Elenna
2016-06-08, 10:36 PM
Lex-Kat seems like a good choice. So does Disc Lorde, but his wagon is currently bigger so I'd rather create a competing wagon.

Besides that, I don't see anything to say that others haven't already said. Not much to analyze from a mostly RNG-based D1.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-08, 11:11 PM
I hate posting just to vote, since it does so little to help town, but all of my thoughts have been posted already by others and I don't just want to make noise. It seems that, of the two wagons, Disc Lorde is more suspicious.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-09, 12:39 AM
@the-lost-byte: what's wrong with the term non-binary?

OOC: points at username

Disc Lorde
2016-06-09, 01:51 AM
Andy looks at the bodies on the ground and grimaces. "Well, the bosses are dead. I suppose it's to be expected. Still, I'm sad that they're gone. They were good people." He notices Alexis standing next to him. "Oh, hello. You're the one who shot that stuffed pelican yesterday. Scared the bejeebus out of me. Why do you have a gun, anyway? Still, you seem alright." He hears some people talking about lynching him because of his comment yesterday, and turns away from Alexis to address them. "So I'm not allowed to praise RNGesus? This is religious discrimination!" He points to the basket in the corner. "That's what's suspicious. I didn't see anyone bring in that BasketOfPuppies, did any of you? I think it's a plant by the person behind all this."

OOC:

I come in and find that I have a wagon on me. :eek: Sorry I haven't been able to post before now. First I was getting over a messed up sleep schedule and then I was suddenly called in for a job.

Anyway, I'm going to try with Disc Lorde because I do think that Pelican's wagon is a good place to start

Why? Nobody knew Pelican was the baner. The only reason there would be likely to be more wolves on the Pelican wagon would be if C'nor was a wolf and the wolves were trying to help a counterwagon, in which case we should just go after C'nor.

Disc Lorde remains the most suspect to me, as he RNG'd onto a wagon with several votes on it, and that's when it starts to look suspect to me. RNG as the first vote? Sure. Second? Yeah, okay. Third? That's when I start to agree with Black Socks' reasoning that maybe DL was trying to use RNG as a cover.

You misunderstand. I never RNGed for my Day 1 vote and I never claimed that I did. I just went on a wagon that other people had RNGed onto (or so they claim). Sorry if my post was confusing.

@normam: Ok that's good enough for me. I'll join you in voting for Disc Lorde.

What's good enough, the part about RNGing on being suspicious? See above.

I agree that, under the circumstances Disc Lorde looks pretty bad. Jumping late on a wagon that late with little reason seems suspicious.

Why is voting at the time that I did suspicious? Was I supposed to see and vote in the thread sooner? As for little reason, it was Day 1. What more reasoning was I supposed to have had?

I hate posting just to vote, since it does so little to help town, but all of my thoughts have been posted already by others and I don't just want to make noise. It seems that, of the two wagons, Disc Lorde is more suspicious.

This seems really self-conscious to me, as well as voting without really telling us anything. Even if you're reasons are all things which other people have already been said, you can briefly paraphrase the things you agree with, which is I think what townies usually do. As such, I find this suspicious.

Now, regarding Lex-Kat:

It was Day 1, there wasn't much reasoning to give. And as has been stated, she likes to RP a lot. I don't know if she often makes voting posts with only RP but it seems like she might. I would like to see her post more, but she might be busy.

"So... So much... blood..." The Employee was slowly walking backward fro the dead bodys, crushing intro C'nor.

Care to explain this vote?

FoS on C'Nor they had Pelican's wagon as their counterwagon and that wagon seemed to pick up steam fairly easily.

I'm working tomorrow, so I won't be able to get on except maybe very early in the morning. I hope people will see this thread before the day ends and reconsider their votes. I think that both of the current wagons are terrible for the reasons I've given and I think we have a good chance of catching an actual wolf.

norman250
2016-06-09, 03:23 AM
Why? Nobody knew Pelican was the baner. The only reason there would be likely to be more wolves on the Pelican wagon would be if C'nor was a wolf and the wolves were trying to help a counterwagon, in which case we should just go after C'nor.

I'm kind of tired of people stating this. It's Day 2, just about ALL we have to go on is looking at the few people who have absolutely participated in a villager's lynching. Yourself included. I agree its important to remember that the wolves couldn't specifically have known they were voting on a baner, but they definitely knew they weren't voting on a wolf. Do you REALLY think there's no reason to take a look at the Pelican wagon, or are you just saying that because you happened to be on it?

You misunderstand. I never RNGed for my Day 1 vote and I never claimed that I did. I just went on a wagon that other people had RNGed onto (or so they claim). Sorry if my post was confusing.

It was, quite so, actually. You had the whole Praise RNGesus line and everything.

Why is voting at the time that I did suspicious? Was I supposed to see and vote in the thread sooner? As for little reason, it was Day 1. What more reasoning was I supposed to have had?

I think what they're saying is that it seemed odd to jump on as # 3 (and I admit I could be counting wrong) onto a wagon under the claim of "well, it's RNG random, right?"

This seems really self-conscious to me, as well as voting without really telling us anything. Even if you're reasons are all things which other people have already been said, you can briefly paraphrase the things you agree with, which is I think what townies usually do. As such, I find this suspicious.
I don't know if this is entirely fair, BoP has stated in other places on the forum that they're busy lately. Could be they're just being honest, but you're right, there wasn't much of a token effort for discussion contribution, and I agree its worth the noting.

Now, regarding Lex-Kat:

It was Day 1, there wasn't much reasoning to give. And as has been stated, she likes to RP a lot. I don't know if she often makes voting posts with only RP but it seems like she might. I would like to see her post more, but she might be busy.

It might be my own personal bias, because of how helpful Lex-Kat has been to me, but I'm inclined to agree, I definitely want to at least give her the chance to post more before we start a mob that way.

FoS on C'Nor they had Pelican's wagon as their counterwagon and that wagon seemed to pick up steam fairly easily.

I'm working tomorrow, so I won't be able to get on except maybe very early in the morning. I hope people will see this thread before the day ends and reconsider their votes. I think that both of the current wagons are terrible for the reasons I've given and I think we have a good chance of catching an actual wolf.

I'll be honest, you don't make a terrible defense. I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm a little more null lean on you than I once wise. Still, as of yet, no body else seems particularly/more wolfy to me. I could be swayed to look at C'Nor, but as I stated earlier, their vote seemed to me like a self-admitted attempt at survival, which doesn't mean wolf. If anything, I give C'Nor town points for being upfront about the shameless self-preservation vote on D1. HOWEVER, that being said, as I mentioned earlier that doesn't clear them earlier, and if anyone can back up the-lost-byte's or Disc Lorde's C'Nor focus, I could come around to changing my vote.

Fortuna
2016-06-09, 03:32 AM
I'm afraid I've been spectacularly out of it the past... however long it is I've been spectacularly out of it. x.x I like that Disc Lorde and norman are talking lots, talking is towniefriend, and neither of them seems to have said anything conspicuously daft or suspicious. I'll join Disc Lorde's BasketOfPuppies wagon, and hope I recover enough to actually participate in this game going forward.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-09, 08:00 AM

I'll be honest, you don't make a terrible defense. I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm a little more null lean on you than I once wise. Still, as of yet, no body else seems particularly/more wolfy to me. I could be swayed to look at C'Nor, but as I stated earlier, their vote seemed to me like a self-admitted attempt at survival, which doesn't mean wolf. If anything, I give C'Nor town points for being upfront about the shameless self-preservation vote on D1. HOWEVER, that being said, as I mentioned earlier that doesn't clear them earlier, and if anyone can back up the-lost-byte's or Disc Lorde's C'Nor focus, I could come around to changing my vote.

On Day one, C'nor try to give logical arguments.
Trying to start a wagon is a good idea, but on day one, a wagon is only helpfull for a wolf!
(because they know that they doesn't lynch a wolf, if they sucess!)
Townies could kill whit a unplaned day one wagon most likely a other townie, because there are more town than scum...

Bad for C'nor that it backfired, but luck that the counter she jumped on was the banner.
It is just a soft scum-lean, because it also could be a bad townie-idea, trying to be helpfull.
So i am not suspecting them for the pelican-waggon, but for trying to start one as the first person!

The Pelican-Agument of my Char is just fluff, but i stated that allready under my post...

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-09, 01:14 PM
@DL: I mainly voted for you because you randomly voted late in the day on a large wagon. I also wanted to put a bit of pressure on you to get some discussion going.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-09, 02:12 PM
@DL: I mainly voted for you because you randomly voted late in the day on a large wagon. I also wanted to put a bit of pressure on you to get some discussion going.

A bit of pressure? I had four votes on me already when the other nearest wagon only had two, I was already under heavy pressure. This doesn't add up. Anyway, I've answered both your reasons now, so in the off chance I'm wrong and you're town, could you please switch off of me?

I got off work early so I'm here now and I'll be around until the end of the day to answer questions.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-09, 02:21 PM
A bit of pressure? I had four votes on me already when the other nearest wagon only had two, I was already under heavy pressure. This doesn't add up. Anyway, I've answered both your reasons now, so in the off chance I'm wrong and you're town, could you please switch off of me?

I got off work early so I'm here now and I'll be around until the end of the day to answer questions.

I now realize that I forgot to cross off my vote. Sorry.
EDIT: Lex has 2 votes, C'nor has 1. In the interest of counterwagoning, I'm going to try to put some pressure on C'nor.

Fortuna
2016-06-09, 04:00 PM

I don't like this phrase. Rhetorical device to imply more certainty than really seems to be warranted. Could just be because I'm really sleepy, though. Not changing my vote.

norman250
2016-06-09, 04:23 PM
I'm afraid I've been spectacularly out of it the past... however long it is I've been spectacularly out of it. x.x I like that Disc Lorde and norman are talking lots, talking is towniefriend, and neither of them seems to have said anything conspicuously daft or suspicious. I'll join Disc Lorde's BasketOfPuppies wagon, and hope I recover enough to actually participate in this game going forward.

I kind of find this a little suspect. Basically Disc Lorde's entire reasoning to vote for BoP is that they posted just to vote with little to no explanation as to why they're voting that way. And here's a post where you vote without giving virtually any explanation as to why you chose Disc Lorde's target over anyone else's. In your most recent post you even acknowledge that he seems more certain than he should be, but you still are going along with his chosen target, STILL without really explaining why that's the target you've chosen. I'm not discounting BoP as a possibility, I just think the argument is a little weak. I still haven't seen any reason to change my vote from Disc Lorde.

Fortuna
2016-06-09, 04:40 PM
I kind of find this a little suspect. Basically Disc Lorde's entire reasoning to vote for BoP is that they posted just to vote with little to no explanation as to why they're voting that way. And here's a post where you vote without giving virtually any explanation as to why you chose Disc Lorde's target over anyone else's. In your most recent post you even acknowledge that he seems more certain than he should be, but you still are going along with his chosen target, STILL without really explaining why that's the target you've chosen. I'm not discounting BoP as a possibility, I just think the argument is a little weak. I still haven't seen any reason to change my vote from Disc Lorde.

Argument probably is weak and there's every chance I'll regret today come tomorrow. I'm just really sleepy and generally disinclined to modify past plans when as out of it as I am.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-09, 04:51 PM
I still haven't seen any reason to change my vote from Disc Lorde.

Um, I addressed your initial reasoning and explained why it was wrong. That seems like a good reason to change your vote. Do you have new reasoning? Or do you disagree with my explanation?

Basically Disc Lorde's entire reasoning to vote for BoP is that they posted just to vote with little to no explanation as to why they're voting that way.

That and the self-consciousness thing, yeah, basically. Like I said, it really doesn't seem town-y to me.

norman250
2016-06-09, 05:21 PM
Um, I addressed your initial reasoning and explained why it was wrong. That seems like a good reason to change your vote. Do you have new reasoning? Or do you disagree with my explanation?

That and the self-consciousness thing, yeah, basically. Like I said, it really doesn't seem town-y to me.
The reason I'm not changing off you is that I didn't find your arguments for BoP strong, and I found your defense to be fairly "but I'm not a wolf!" In tone. Like I said, I could be convinced to switch my vote to C'Nor (or Fortuna, at this point) if someone could come up with a decent argument for it (so far the C'Nor arguments have been on the weak side, too.). Basically, if I have to choose between a weak argument and my own hunch, I'm going to choose my own hunch. I'm open to discussion, but there doesn't seem to be much discussion going on. As of now, no one has given me much of a reason why i SHOULDN'T vote for you, and no one has given me much of a reason why I SHOULD vote for anyone else. I know you at least gave a reason for your point at BoP, which I can appreciate, but my gut just doesn't agree, and short of any stronger arguments, that's pretty much all I have to go on. Sorry if this post was rambly. Also, I'll try to RP some more soon, I promise!

Disc Lorde
2016-06-09, 06:04 PM
-snip-

Okay, this just makes no sense at all. First, norman is going after me based on nothing but a hunch and the vague reason that he finds my "tone" suspicious. Second, there have been several solidly reasoned arguments for other players but norman is claiming to not like any of them without addressing any of them specifically. This isn't the town norman I know. The town norman I know responds to other players' reasoning with his own reasoning and changes his vote if new evidence comes up. This is a a wolf trying to defend his already chosen vote.

Since no one else appears to be on, it looks pretty much certain that I'm going to die today and flip town. In the next day phase I think that everyone should lynch norman, because he is *incredibly*, definitively, wolfy.

(Aw, I wanted to RP some more myself. This was such a good character. Ah well, c'est la vie.)

- - - Updated - - -

As his co-workers prepare the noose, Andy sits in the corner, the office cat the only one who will stand by him. He scratches her behind the ears affectionately. "I always was more of a cat person."

ThePhantom
2016-06-09, 06:17 PM
End of Day 2

The group of staff gets annoyed at Andy, thinking about his comments at the death of the managers. However, before things get violent, a fire extinguisher explodes and the group has its attention completely taken away. Its not clear who set that off, but the anger is gone.

Summary:
Disc Lord would have been lynched, but was saved.
Night 2 begins and ends in 24 hours.

norman250
2016-06-09, 06:21 PM
Okay, this just makes no sense at all. First, norman is going after me based on nothing but a hunch and the vague reason that he finds my "tone" suspicious. Second, there have been several solidly reasoned arguments for other players but norman is claiming to not like any of them without addressing any of them specifically. This isn't the town norman I know. The town norman I know responds to other players' reasoning with his own reasoning and changes his vote if new evidence comes up. This is a a wolf trying to defend his already chosen vote.

Since no one else appears to be on, it looks pretty much certain that I'm going to die today and flip town. In the next day phase I think that everyone should lynch norman, because he is *incredibly*, definitively, wolfy.

(Aw, I wanted to RP some more myself. This was such a good character. Ah well, c'est la vie.)

I hardly see how this is fair, I've answered as specifically as I could (I'm writing these on my phone between breaks, and it's difficult to quote a bunch of texts together.) Your argument on BoP is that they posted JUST to vote. It's an argument, but I find it a weak one. I have also noted that Fortuna did the same exact thing, but you have yet to point anything their way for it. Honestly, if you come up wolf, that's where I'm looking at next. By your own logic, if BoP should be considered a wolf for their actions, so should Fortuna. The fact that you're letting Fortuna slide on the exact same thing you're pointing at BoP for is only making me more suspect of you. Thirdly, I don't like how you're dealing in absolutes. I admit I don't know who the wolves are, and could be wrong about you. Your response? I'm DEFINITELY a wolf? At this point in the game, the only ones who DEFINITELY know who the wolves are, are the other wolves. The only defense you really gave for yourself is "I didn't RNG, sorry my post was confusing, I'm not a wolf." And considering I've only played in about two games here on the forum, I don't know why you feel so confident that this isn't my town behavior.

As for C'Nor, the argument is that they worked on a counter-wagon, right? Sure, they did, but they also admitted it was to save themselves. I'm sure no one wants to be day one lynched, and C'Nor had no reason to know Pelican was a baner either. I will admit that the fact that they haven't gotten on at all today to add to the discussion is a little damning to them.

However, you are really the only one contributing to discussion consistently, and at least made a defense of yourself. And that's not something we can afford to lose if my gut is wrong, especially with how low activity discussion has been, so I am changing my vote. I'm going to vote C'Nor, since that's the only other option (besides Fortuna) that I think might be a wolf, and we don't really have a shot of lynching Fortuna now. As I mentioned earlier, their lack of participation doesn't help their case. Please don't make me regret this by turning out to be a wolf, DL.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd by end of day. Looks like the Day Baner trusts you at least. Won't bother crossing my old vote out now, as the day's over.

Black Socks
2016-06-09, 06:49 PM
Billy reviewed the day's events in his mind. "Well, I guess Christina trusts the 'Disc Lorde.'" he commented under his breath. Turning to the makeshift bed he had constructed with some pillows he looted from the managers' office (seriously, it was pretty unfair that they had a couch in there, and don't get him started on the flat-screen TV and ball-pit), he wondered what tomorrow would bring.

Out-of-character: Well, apart from all the analysis made during the day, looks like we're no closer to catching a wolf than we were before. Day-Baner.... I hope you're right about Disc Lorde.
And dang right Billy broke the fourth wall!

Fortuna
2016-06-09, 09:59 PM
Mewing, still unfed, the office cat tolerated a few more scritches before stalking off into the maze of false-night.

As suspicious as I realize it seems to make a recovery just as soon as night falls, nevertheless it is true. On closer inspection I agree that I don't like Disc Lorde's refusal to move off BasketOfPuppies, and I stand by my note that he seems too eager to lynch on paltry evidence - at this stage we should be regretful of lynches, not eager. I like C'nor's attempt to get pressure wagons moving day one, but there's nothing else to say about her; I kind of like norman's lots of talking although I wish we had someone other than Disc Lorde with whom he could interlocute. Everybody else is too damn quiet, not that I can fairly complain about that.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-09, 10:02 PM
First, sorry for not posting anything. I've been really busy the past couple days. :smallsigh: And I just didn't get around to this. But I'll address my 1st day vote.

As for a vote, i'm going to go with Lex-Kat for voting Pelican, late in the day when they already had lots of votes, without giving any reason. Later today, when I have more time, I'll try to post some analysis.

My reason was protecting C'Nor. She hasn't been around for a while, and I wanted to give her a chance to play. That's it, really.

Pelican was the competing bandwagon, so it was him or her. Sorry Pelican.

Andy looks at the bodies on the ground and grimaces. "Well, the bosses are dead. I suppose it's to be expected. Still, I'm sad that they're gone. They were good people." He notices Alexis standing next to him. "Oh, hello. You're the one who shot that stuffed pelican yesterday. Scared the bejeebus out of me. Why do you have a gun, anyway? Still, you seem alright." He hears some people talking about lynching him because of his comment yesterday, and turns away from Alexis to address them. "So I'm not allowed to praise RNGesus? This is religious discrimination!" He points to the basket in the corner. "That's what's suspicious. I didn't see anyone bring in that BasketOfPuppies, did any of you? I think it's a plant by the person behind all this."

"Did I?" Alexia asks, looking at the barrel of her gun. She reaches her hand out and touches it, feeling the heat. "Oh." she states blankly. "A-as for why I have a gun... my poppa told me to 'young girl, you can never be too careful when the lights go out.' So I carry a gun, just in case of these situations."

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-09, 11:40 PM
The pups, not having been fed in a day, spent about 20 minutes attempting to get the cabinet holding the dog food open, only to realize that they opened the wrong one. Another 15 minutes later they were ripping the bag open and eating, finally having sated their hunger. After their mini-feast, they returned to their basket, blissfully unaware that they'd left the cabinet, holding both the dog and the cat food, wide open, dog food spilling out slightly onto the floor.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-10, 12:28 PM
Your argument on BoP is that they posted JUST to vote. It's an argument, but I find it a weak one. I have also noted that Fortuna did the same exact thing, but you have yet to point anything their way for it.

No, she did not post just to vote. She gave reasoning. She said that she didn't want to vote for me because she thought I was townie because of reasons given. Granted, she failed to explain at the time why she voted BoP over any of the other non-me wagons, but it's still not what BoP did.

This actually brings up something else. Will people stop believing what norman says about other people's posts? This seems to be what almost got me lynched in the first place. Everyone believed norman that I RNGed my vote when going back and checking my posts would have showed that I didn't say that. He's saying some flat-out wrong things and everyone needs to be fact-checking him.

Thirdly, I don't like how you're dealing in absolutes. I admit I don't know who the wolves are, and could be wrong about you. Your response? I'm DEFINITELY a wolf? At this point in the game, the only ones who DEFINITELY know who the wolves are, are the other wolves.

I see your point. Call it an *extremely* strong read then.

As for C'Nor, the argument is that they worked on a counter-wagon, right?

Close, but no. The argument is that there was a counter-wagon to them that seemed to pick up steam fairly easily, which could mean that there were some wolves behind it. And yes, I know that I was on it myself but that still leaves six other people.

I'm also going to address something that I think will come up soon. Yes, norman ultimately changed his vote off of me...only once it was very probable that it wouldn't make a difference. And then he acts like it's really important and impactful. This doesn't clear him, it's another wolfy thing.

On closer inspection I agree that I don't like Disc Lorde's refusal to move off BasketOfPuppies, and I stand by my note that he seems too eager to lynch on paltry evidence - at this stage we should be regretful of lynches, not eager.

We have to lynch someone, regardless of how much evidence there is. It's only bad to lynch someone on little evidence if there's someone else with more evidence against them.

norman250
2016-06-10, 01:50 PM
When did I pretend it was important? I said in the post itself that I wouldn't bother going back to cross out the other vote, as I recognized the entire post was pointless. As for being too late, look at the time stamps, I posted it shortly after reading and digesting your latest post.
I stick with my gut and don't change my mind? I'm a wolf because I'm not changing my mind after new "evidence" as you put it.
I think about it and decide you could be right? I'm clearly a wolf because I knew the exact time that Phantom would end the day, apparently, and planned accordingly. Make up your mind, man.

As for getting stuff wrong, I apologize if I did take things incorrectly, as I mentioned I did most of last day phase at work, when I didn't exactly have the time to go hunting for exact quotes. That being said, I only suggested you RNG'd the vote initially, because that's how it seemed at the time. When you explained, I acknowledged that in my next post, and simply stated that your post seemed confusing and gave the impression that you were using RNG to vote, which it absolutely did. I can't have been the only person confused by it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, she did not post just to vote. She gave reasoning. She said that she didn't want to vote for me because she thought I was townie because of reasons given. Granted, she failed to explain at the time why she voted BoP over any of the other non-me wagons, but it's still not what BoP did.

Okay, I went back and looked at her post more clearly, I'll grant you it's not the same as BoP's.

Fortuna
2016-06-10, 05:57 PM
Fascinating as this titanic clash is, I have to say I'm less concerned by the prospect of one of you being a wolf than by the prospect of neither of you being just now. You're both spilling a lot of words and they're mostly directed against one another, which means if you're both villagers making simple misreads and mistakes then any wolves out there get to lay low. Given that we're already down a Baner and soon-to-be-three townies, I'd like to suggest as a strategy that we deliberately refrain from lynching either Disc Lorde or norman250 tomorrow in favour of hunting among the broader population to see if we can't get a few more people talking.

ThePhantom
2016-06-10, 06:10 PM
End of Night 2

Andy sits at this desk, happy that events have moved on so that he was not in danger of getting killed. But then, his computer screen lights up.

Did you think that you could escape so easily?
The reaper's scythe is not so stayed.

Andy turns to look behind him, fearing that someone is coming up behind him, and then his computer explodes, completing the swing of the scythe.

Summary: Disc Lorde was killed, he was a villager.
Day 3 begins and ends 48 hours.

Disc Lorde
2016-06-10, 06:36 PM
Ah well. Good luck town.

Also, you spelled my name wrong ThePhantom. There's an 'e' at the end.

Fortuna
2016-06-10, 06:39 PM
...well that's interesting.

More concrete thoughts to follow.

EDIT: Preliminary to those concrete thoughts, a list of all the names Disc Lorde mentioned in his posts, and their contexts.
Pelican (Baner) (voted)
Silent_Interim (briefly cast suspicion)
norman250 (epic clash of verbiage)
Ramsus (briefly cast suspicion)
BasketOfPuppies (voted)
Lex-Kat (defended)
Black Socks (addressed in passing)
The-lost-byte (requested explanation)
C'nor (cast suspicion)
Me (defended)

Given the near-total lack of information available to town, the question I am inclined to ask is this - based on these interactions, can we make a guess at why the wolves might kill Disc Lorde?

Lex-Kat
2016-06-10, 08:15 PM
Well, due to him being protected the previous day, they likely feared he was the Day-Baner herself, Christine, or possibly the Seer protected by her.

It's annoying, because I so wanted to RP with him. :smallannoyed:

I'm thinking we should look into Norman250 more. And Disc Lorde seemed to be fairly suspicious of him. Maybe there's something to that?

Black Socks
2016-06-10, 08:16 PM
Hi guys, just as a heads up, I will most likely not be able to post tomorrow.... Real Life is getting in the way. :smallfrown:
Hopefully I can return on Sunday.

Fortuna
2016-06-10, 08:45 PM
A first pass on my list - Disc Lorde's death tells us very little about those he defended. That means his demise is a null read on Lex-Kat and myself. Based on the character of his interactions, I would also say he's a null read on Silent_Interim, Ramsus, Black Socks, and The-lost-byte. That leaves three names I think are worth thinking about - norman250, BasketOfPuppies, and C'nor, more or less in that order. Any of those three was at plausible risk of a Lorde-led wagon today if he lived.

norman250
2016-06-10, 08:57 PM
A first pass on my list - Disc Lorde's death tells us very little about those he defended. That means his demise is a null read on Lex-Kat and myself. Based on the character of his interactions, I would also say he's a null read on Silent_Interim, Ramsus, Black Socks, and The-lost-byte. That leaves three names I think are worth thinking about - norman250, BasketOfPuppies, and C'nor, more or less in that order. Any of those three was at plausible risk of a Lorde-led wagon today if he lived.

Well, due to him being protected the previous day, they likely feared he was the Day-Baner herself, Christine, or possibly the Seer protected by her.

It's annoying, because I so wanted to RP with him. :smallannoyed:

I'm thinking we should look into Norman250 more. And Disc Lorde seemed to be fairly suspicious of him. Maybe there's something to that?

I really don't know what else I can say in my defense that I haven't already said. This is the first game I've played as a non-Mason(excluding Disc Lorde's game, where I died N1), and as such, it's the first game I haven't even had a starting network of cleared individuals and a private place to share their knowledge and read. I just have myself and my own hunches, and I'm trying. It doesn't help that virtually no one else is making any discussions beyond a few people. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the wolves are among those lying low and not saying anything, because my own blundering is likely to get me lynched without any of their help. For now, I still want to take a look at C'Nor, I still find it odd that they didn't make any defense of themselves yesterday, especially considering one of the few things that Disc Lorde and I did agree on was a FoS on her. I get why people would be targeting me, I do. I'll try to answer any specific questions regarding my actions as well as I can when they come up.

Fortuna
2016-06-10, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I'm... kind of doubtful about lynching norman, honestly. If we were, as a town, to rise up and follow Disc Lorde's wishes, norman would be the obvious target, and he is the one most obviously at threat from Disc Lorde if he lived.... but it's not a huge threat, you know? In some ways I think we are more likely to lynch norman after Disc Lorde dies in the night than before. If I were norman, and I were a wolf, I'd be reluctant to kill Disc Lorde because it paints a big fat target on my face. I don't know, thoughts?

Elenna
2016-06-10, 10:27 PM
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, I wasn't feeling well and pretty much spent the whole day in bed.

The "would wolf-Norman kill the person pointing at him" question is full of wine. As such, I think I'll leave him be for a bit and see if we can get more evidence.

I now realize that I forgot to cross off my vote. Sorry.
EDIT: Lex has 2 votes, C'nor has 1. In the interest of counterwagoning, I'm going to try to put some pressure on C'nor.

If you wanted a counterwagon, why C'nor and not Lex, since she had more votes?

Pelican has two attempted votes, but only one counts. So for now, I'll go with Deathslayer7 in the hopes of getting a pressure wagon going early. Day 1 Random tends to leave us in the same sort of place that we're in now, just with a dead guy.

Any particular reason you picked Deathslayer?

flat_footed
2016-06-10, 11:28 PM
"So much death.. And for what?" flat_footed gestures futilely, still clutching the keyboard, at Disc Lorde's body. "After your argument with him, where were you norman250?" flat_footed throws the keyboard to the ground and slides down the wall. "I don't know what to think anymore."

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-11, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I'm... kind of doubtful about lynching norman, honestly. If we were, as a town, to rise up and follow Disc Lorde's wishes, norman would be the obvious target, and he is the one most obviously at threat from Disc Lorde if he lived.... but it's not a huge threat, you know? In some ways I think we are more likely to lynch norman after Disc Lorde dies in the night than before. If I were norman, and I were a wolf, I'd be reluctant to kill Disc Lorde because it paints a big fat target on my face. I don't know, thoughts?

This is definitely approaching WIFOM, be careful Fortuna.

Fortuna
2016-06-11, 01:35 AM
This is definitely approaching WIFOM, be careful Fortuna.

That's almost as ominous as it is incomprehensible. :smalltongue:

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-11, 02:26 AM
That's almost as ominous as it is incomprehensible. :smalltongue:

Sorry. WIFOM is short for Wine In Front Of Me. It's a reference to The Princess Bride where Vizzini goes back and forth trying to logic through which wine glass, the wine in front of him or in front of Roberts, has poison. It's commonly used in Werewolf to refer to a situation where one could say that, using this situation as an example, if Norman was a wolf he would've wanted DL dead because they were really going at it, which gives evidence that he's a wolf. But the wolves would've thought of that, so they would've killed DL to make Norman look wolfy, which gives evidence that he's a townie. Repeat ad nauseam.

Fortuna
2016-06-11, 03:02 AM
Sorry. WIFOM is short for Wine In Front Of Me. It's a reference to The Princess Bride where Vizzini goes back and forth trying to logic through which wine glass, the wine in front of him or in front of Roberts, has poison. It's commonly used in Werewolf to refer to a situation where one could say that, using this situation as an example, if Norman was a wolf he would've wanted DL dead because they were really going at it, which gives evidence that he's a wolf. But the wolves would've thought of that, so they would've killed DL to make Norman look wolfy, which gives evidence that he's a townie. Repeat ad nauseam.

Ah, fair enough. I admit I had felt the resonance of that. As much as anything I was fishing to get people to comment on my theories, because people just aren't talking enough. Really, though, I wasn't intending to carry it any further - it seems like a risky wolf play, so probably not a wolf, end-of. We can revisit that later but I'm disinclined to lynch norman today.

Unfortunately that leaves us with rather a narrow field of candidates, chief among them you and C'nor. Between you two I can't honestly choose, so I'll vote BasketOfPuppies because there seems to be every chance C'nor will auto anyway.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-11, 04:36 AM
I'm honestly not sure what sort of defense people expect me to make. As near as I can tell the agreed-on FoS was based on... The fact that I wasn't the lynch target Day 1? Of the two choices, one was talking, and the other said not a word for three days. Of course the one who was making no attempt to either meet the demands of the pressure wagon or defend themselves was lynched. Since it didn't blow up into a big enough mess to put me at risk of actually getting lynched, I didn't choose to respond to the accusations because the reasoning was utterly horrible.

To answer Elenna's question, Deathslayer already had votes, so there was the seed of a wagon there anyhow. Essentially, 'random with a qualifier'. I suppose the nearest answer is 'because their name was at hand due to Fortuna voting for them right above me'.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-11, 06:46 AM
Actualy, i was going for C'nor, but you know what?
short ANALYSIS

norman250... i don't see why i should go against him. Looks towny to me.
BascetOfPuppys doesn't explain his vote, because all the arguments was allready trown in.
C'nor tryed to start a waggon, what is eighter a scum or helpfull town, but on day one, more scumy than towny.
Fleeing Coward falls compleatly out of the radar! <-- this is a vote
Lex-Kat, Fortuna, Black Socks, Silent_Interim, Ramsus... what fortuna sayed: null-reads
The-lost-Byte is a employee.
my opinion:
Disc Lorde was probably lynched because he was lyncchproof and possible day-banner.
I do my RP later...

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-11, 10:48 AM
@Fortuna: it seems that the chief reason for me being a target is that I didn't explain my DL vote yesterday, which I then added explanation to. I'd go searching back through the thread, but I'm currently on my phone with an iffy internet connection, so I'm unable to do so. I should hopefully be able to soon.

Ramsus
2016-06-11, 12:32 PM
@the-lost-Byte: "Disc Lorde was killed, he was a villager". So yeah.... not the day baner. You may wish to pay a bit more attention to the day/night results. Not that we haven't all made similar mistakes.

And sure I guess. Fleeing Coward just so we have another wagon because I dunno about this norman vs basket thing.

norman250
2016-06-11, 12:57 PM
@the-lost-Byte: "Disc Lorde was killed, he was a villager". So yeah.... not the day baner. You may wish to pay a bit more attention to the day/night results. Not that we haven't all made similar mistakes.

And sure I guess. Fleeing Coward just so we have another wagon because I dunno about this norman vs basket thing.

I'm not certain, but I believe they were trying to make a rational behind the reason why the wolves might have gone for DL in the night,
much like Lex did.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-11, 01:07 PM
Hrmph. I hate having to trawl through vast amounts of posts. Can't you all be a little quieter when I have to spend multiple days away from my computer? :smalltongue:

I feel like norman is probably town. He's been consistently active and vocal, which is definite towny.
BoP isn't being significantly active, but then again, BoP never is. I'd say this is normal activity level for BoP. I don't feel particularly bad or good about him.
FC is definitely being unusually quiet, but I don't like lynching people for being quiet without giving them a chance to speak. Laying low is one thing- not speaking at all is another. I'm willing to give FC a little bit of time before voting for them.
I can't speak to C'nor's normal activity level, having only played in one game with them before that I can recall, but I don't find them especially suspicious at the moment.
I don't feel great about Ramsus, as I feel that he is usually more active and vocal than he is currently being, and jumping on the FC wagon just now with so little justification or explanation seems fishy to me.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-11, 01:22 PM
About my activity- I want to post, I just don't have anything to say. Plus, a few people quit at work a bit ago, so I've been called in for extra work.

The pups are wandering around, aware that some people no longer seem to be here. They don't understand how it's happening or the severity, but they can feel that something is wrong. They decide that there's safety in numbers, so they go searching for someone to stick near.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-11, 02:48 PM
The-lost-Byte was, after over 12 hours of panic, paranoia and very light sleep, exhausted. Slowly regaining sanity, he took a bottle of water and put some in a cup, starting to cook a tea over a tealight, in a improviced holder. While doing this, he noticed the Puppies of this office wasn't given water since a few days, and the bowl was nearly empty. After the employee refills it, he took a sip of the 'earl grey' and startet to talk.

"Well, it seems like, we are all going to die. Eighter lynching each other or, should we be saved, killed by some hacker and his comorades." He hold up a few dices. "Has anyone intrest in a last game of dices (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%8D-han)? It is easy, you say even or uneven and i roll. Clears the head."

OOC: Dices, anybody? Gameception!
OOC, for real:

It was meant as the reason why the scum killed DL. At that point, thinking of him as day-banner was legit...

Black Socks
2016-06-11, 02:58 PM
Real life stuff is all taken care of and I'm back!
Start of roleplay.
Billy walks over. "Dices, you say? Let's play!". As Billy pulls over a chair, he nearly trips over some dog food that was lying on the ground for some reason, pausing to scratch the office cat's ears. He sits down and dumps out his dice pouch on the table. "Alright, I'll bet the book I have in my desk on the roll being... Odds!" This was a big bet, as the staff were desperate for entertainement- with no power, the two things to do were reading or arguing.
End of roleplay.
I agree with Silent Interim's reasoning about Ramsus.

ThePhantom
2016-06-11, 05:03 PM
Libro will be replacing Eggel

Ramsus
2016-06-11, 06:26 PM
It was meant as the reason why the scum killed DL. At that point, thinking of him as day-banner was legit...
Generally helpful if you state you think it would be someone else's viewpoint rather than just throwing the idea out there as an opinion. Makes it sound like it's yours.

Not really sure what there is about Silent Interim's reason to vote for me there is to agree with. I gave an explanation for why I was voting. Voting for me because I'm voting for someone because I thought we should have a different wagon than the ones we've been having and claiming I don't have a reason sounds a lot fishier to me. I explained what I was doing, I didn't pretend it was other than it was. Also.... what? Silent Interim doesn't want to vote for FC for being quiet but is using my being quiet as half of their excuse to vote for me. So apparently I'm being too quiet but not quiet enough to not be suspicious for voting for someone for reasons I don't have that I actually gave? Uh...... That's some good logic there. Maybe next SI would like to say people should vote for me for not voting or for not responding fast enough or for responding to him voting for me because clearly FC not responding to votes clears him of suspicion? Not agreeing that FC is a great wagon would be reasonable. Claiming a worse wagon is a good one for contradictory reasons is not.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-11, 07:40 PM
Old Joe the janitor came down the hall with his mop and bucket in hand and a scowl on his face.

“We need to get to the bottom of this. I’m getting tired of cleaning up the mess that’s made when somebody kicks the bucket.
Personally, flat_footed seems like he has something to hide. One usually accuses another to hide their own guilt.”

He then proceeds to attend to the latest mess from the night before…

Hopefully I can provide an impartial view on things to help us get to the bottom of this.

•BasketOfPuppies->Has had mostly RP in their posts, and hasn't contributed as much analysis. Mild wolf lean.

•norman250->Comes across to me as town, desperate not to be lynched, but town.

•Lex-kat->In other games that I’ve read, she is usually more vocal as town. Also seeming to post just often enough to not be auto-lynched. Wolf lean.

•Ramsus, Elenna, C’nor->All three seem to be trying to be helpful, but have not been as active as others. Null lean.

•Black Socks->Leaning toward town due to participation and nature thereof.

•Fortuna->As Black Socks. Town lean.

•Silent_Interim->Also trying to be helpful. Town lean.

•Fleeing Coward, Bunny of Faith, Luizeu ->Either wolves in hiding or non-contributing, both of which are detrimental.

•flat_footed->Strong wolf lean. His posts seem like he is a wolf trying to hide in plain sight.

"So much death.. And for what?" flat_footed gestures futilely, still clutching the keyboard, at Disc Lorde's body. "After your argument with him, where were you norman250?" flat_footed throws the keyboard to the ground and slides down the wall. "I don't know what to think anymore."
This post for example, comes across as trying to deflect suspicion away from himself and onto norman250.

•The-lost-byte->Actively trying to help, town lean.

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-11, 10:01 PM
If you insist Ramsus.
I'd much prefer a C'Nor wagon though as it'd tell us alot if they flip wolf.

As for why I havn't posted, it's something called life. I now work in a job that occupies up to 12 hours of my day with strict restrictions on net access. Can't really complain too much since I love my job and the pay's good but it really restricts the amount of time I have to post and frankly, WW here is not among my top priorities when I do have free time.

norman250
2016-06-11, 10:54 PM
If you insist Ramsus.
I'd much prefer a C'Nor wagon though as it'd tell us alot if they flip wolf.

As for why I havn't posted, it's something called life. I now work in a job that occupies up to 12 hours of my day with strict restrictions on net access. Can't really complain too much since I love my job and the pay's good but it really restricts the amount of time I have to post and frankly, WW here is not among my top priorities when I do have free time.

If you want to get a C'Nor wagon going, why don't you point that way? I've got a vote on them, and perhaps you could convince others. As much as I appreciate not being the lead wagon anymore, I feel like Ramsus is getting lynched purely based on the suggestion that they weren't posting enough. In a game where only a small percentage is actively participating, that can't be the only reason we lynch someone.

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-11, 11:06 PM
Because Ramsus thinks I'm out to get him every game so I'm just meeting his expectations.
I'll move my vote off him if he moves his off me.

Elenna
2016-06-11, 11:28 PM

Yep. Hence my comment that it was full of wine. :smallsmile: Sorry, I forgot how many new players there were in this game.

To answer Elenna's question, Deathslayer already had votes, so there was the seed of a wagon there anyhow. Essentially, 'random with a qualifier'. I suppose the nearest answer is 'because their name was at hand due to Fortuna voting for them right above me'.

A reasonable D1 reason. Thanks, I was mostly just curious.

So, BasketOfPuppies, want to answer my question?

Ramsus
2016-06-12, 12:54 AM
Because Ramsus thinks I'm out to get him every game so I'm just meeting his expectations.
I'll move my vote off him if he moves his off me.

In other words you didn't actually read anything I said and we should lynch you because my voting for you has nothing to do with your actions aside from you apparently lack of paying attention to the game which you basically just proved and I wasn't the one who started it and I didn't say anything about how you view me at all what? Can I vote for FC twice? I feel this deserves it.

Edit: C'mon though town. Every single person voting for me isn't even trying to make sense. At this point they all make good lynch candidates and none of them have given a real reason why I should be lynched. I shouldn't be a leading wagon right now. If you guys all drop the ball here today, at least make sure to look at the three of them seriously hard because lynching someone because of absolute nonsense shouldn't ever fly.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-12, 01:05 AM
@Elenna: the main reason that I voted for C'nor instead of Lex was because C'nor hasn't been posting much and I'm trying to stir up conversation. They've posted 3 times all game, unless my count was off, and I wanted to increase that amount. I thought that another vote might help.

EDIT: Wow, somehow completely missed their defense.

flat_footed
2016-06-12, 01:11 AM
snip

Honestly, I was just switching my vote from C'nor and wanted to throw some theme into it. This is my first WW game online and I'm just enjoying the show. Not much for me to do but vote each day!

Maybe I'll get the hang of things and post my thoughts at some point. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-12, 01:24 AM
In other words you didn't actually read anything I said and we should lynch you because my voting for you has nothing to do with your actions aside from you apparently lack of paying attention to the game which you basically just proved and I wasn't the one who started it and I didn't say anything about how you view me at all what? Can I vote for FC twice? I feel this deserves it.

Edit: C'mon though town. Every single person voting for me isn't even trying to make sense. At this point they all make good lynch candidates and none of them have given a real reason why I should be lynched. I shouldn't be a leading wagon right now. If you guys all drop the ball here today, at least make sure to look at the three of them seriously hard because lynching someone because of absolute nonsense shouldn't ever fly.

It's called self preservation. I've made it clear that if you vote someone else, I'll do the same. Until then, I see voting you as my best option of living considering my limited time.

Ramsus
2016-06-12, 02:07 AM
You'd already done that exact same accusation against me when I wasn't doing what you're claiming and then claiming you're just doing it to get me to move my vote thing at least twice now. I see no reason to further enable you to constantly try and use a meta-thing that isn't even happening to your advantage, especially when it amounts to essentially name calling.

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-12, 02:25 AM
What exactly are you trying to say here?
I'm as paranoid about your true intentions for voting me at the first opportunity as you have always been about my intentions for voting you.
Might not be true but we've been arguing forever regarding this that I just don't care anymore. Anytime you vote for me, I'll respond in kind with a vote for you.
If you want to keep your vote where it is, I'll keep mine. Got no problem with that.

Ramsus
2016-06-12, 04:23 AM
I'm saying that you're using meta-behavior that has been one sided (you attacking me, claiming I'm attacking you) for a while now in yet more continuation of rather icky tactics I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and that you and everyone else paying any attention is already aware of it by now and you've pushed it too far too long and I'm calling you out on it. You know I wasn't being "paranoid" about you attacking me in this game because we hadn't actually said anything to or about each other until you made that claim. There's nothing there to be paranoid about. You just were looking for a cheap lazy excuse to vote for me either because you can't get over your problems with me or more likely because that's just how you are and you'll do things any time if it gives you (not necessarily your team) some advantage aside from anything you know you for sure won't get away with (which we've seen can vary depending on narrators).

You don't actually have any reason relating to this game for voting for me aside from the fact that I'm voting for you (as a second vote). Nobody acknowledges "well he's voting for me!" as a reason.

Between the two things you're doing here (blatant continued abuse of meta-stuff regardless of the impact it will have on the community) and voting for an unjustifiable reason for an actual townsperson, you've made yourself suspicious enough that people should actually consider voting for you because you're legitimately suspicious, rather than my initial reason of "because it's not one of these other people".

"Anytime you vote for me, I'll respond in kind with a vote for you." is a statement that should cause every townsperson to lynch you until you rethink that stance because it's not just anti-town, it's meta anti-town (or in other words, makes your behavior anti-town in games you aren't even in yet). It's a convenient excuse for a wolf to mask their actions and it's just a bad thing for a townsperson to be doing.

Edit: Also it felt like you didn't even bother reading what I'd actually written and just went for a canned response. So not only was your response bad logic and bad sportsmanship, it was bad manners because you couldn't be bothered to treat me as if I was worth being responded to with anything that amounts to more than an automated message.

That's what I was saying.

Fortuna
2016-06-12, 04:41 AM
For crying out unprintably the pair of you. This meta bickering does nothing whatsoever to help town, and that goes just as well for Ramsus as for Fleeing Coward at this point. If you have a dispute sort it out peacably outside the context of an ongoing game, please. I halfway want to lynch the both of you for it, save only that whichever one we didn't lynch first would probably crow shamefully as we did.

@the-lost-byte: I'd be interested in hearing you unpack why you think C'nor's attempt to get a wagon going day one was a bad move for town. She explicitly mentioned the concept of pressure wagons - making wagons to encourage people to say things for future analysis - when she did so, which seems perfectly towny to me.

Fleeing Coward
2016-06-12, 05:01 AM
I did read your post Ramsus. I'm not the only inactive in this game but you chose to vote me. Given our history, how do you think I would read your vote other than as another opportunity to remove me from a game?

C'Nor. I've got nothing nothing against getting pressure wagons but the fact of the matter is, the late votes by Lex and C'Nor did save C'Nor and if C'Nor flips wolf, I expect Lex to as well.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-12, 06:40 AM
Honestly, I was just switching my vote from C'nor and wanted to throw some theme into it. This is my first WW game online and I'm just enjoying the show. Not much for me to do but vote each day!

Maybe I'll get the hang of things and post my thoughts at some point. :smallbiggrin:

Ok. I probably should not read as much into RP in the future...:smallredface:

How about Lex-kat, since they've been quiet. Anything to contribute?

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-12, 10:02 AM
I honestly don't have a defense I can make here, like I said above. Especially as I'm off to a D&D game shortly and won't be back until twelve hours from now once I leave. So... Go ahead, I guess? You're wrong, but unprovably.

norman250
2016-06-12, 12:28 PM
I don't suppose anyone has the free time to do a vote tally? I'd offer, but am currently at the mall purchasing new shoes. By my glance we have a bunch of tied wagons at two.

flat_footed
2016-06-12, 12:51 PM
Lex-Kat 1
C'nor 2
BOP 1
Ramsus 2
Feeling Coward 2
norman250 2

So yes, lots of 2 way ties.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-12, 01:08 PM
Generally helpful if you state you think it would be someone else's viewpoint rather than just throwing the idea out there as an opinion. Makes it sound like it's yours.

Not really sure what there is about Silent Interim's reason to vote for me there is to agree with. I gave an explanation for why I was voting. Voting for me because I'm voting for someone because I thought we should have a different wagon than the ones we've been having and claiming I don't have a reason sounds a lot fishier to me. I explained what I was doing, I didn't pretend it was other than it was. Also.... what? Silent Interim doesn't want to vote for FC for being quiet but is using my being quiet as half of their excuse to vote for me. So apparently I'm being too quiet but not quiet enough to not be suspicious for voting for someone for reasons I don't have that I actually gave? Uh...... That's some good logic there. Maybe next SI would like to say people should vote for me for not voting or for not responding fast enough or for responding to him voting for me because clearly FC not responding to votes clears him of suspicion? Not agreeing that FC is a great wagon would be reasonable. Claiming a worse wagon is a good one for contradictory reasons is not.
At the time, I was voting for you because you were at least somewhat active. FC didn't even post- that's different from posting unhelpfully and with less info than your usual. Someone who doesn't post probably has life stuff interfering. Someone who posts, but doesn't say much or say much that's useful, is somewhat more suspicious to me. THAT'S what I was driving at. Does that clarify things?

That said, FC is being active again, and I don't like the tone of his activity. It seems decidedly less towny than FC's usual plays. I'm also not comfortable with all these ties. So, Fleeing Coward. If he flips town, feel free to lynch me- I'm well aware that it could look like I'm breaking a tie to save Ramsus.

Ramsus
2016-06-12, 01:34 PM
@SI: That does explain it some, though I had in my first post of the game noted I was busy. Would have thought further lack of activity would be assumed as still being busy, which was the case. *shrug*
Don't think there's a terribly great risk people are going to view you as "saving me" from a wagon that only exists because you voted for me in the first place. I basically read that as "please don't lynch me if Ramsus later flips wolf".

@Fortuna: *stares* You clearly did not think forward to how rude I would find you ignoring the context and throwing blame on me for responding to and trying to prevent future meta-abuses. Even if that's not just morally or logically wrong, it's incredibly unhelpful if your goal is to stop meta-discussion when you do it after the discussion has already concluded. You're making the problem worse by forcing a response and by causing more negative feelings towards other players. There's the obvious that I, and perhaps FC, will become immediately annoyed with you but there's also the encouragement on your part that others should feel negatively about us. I've dealt with way more than enough of that kind of behavior in the past and have pretty much no patience for it. As I don't recall you being part of any such previously, I'll let it slide this one time without taking serious offense.

Edit: Re-reading it I note that Fortuna did actually make their post before FC made their last one and I guess they might not have realized the situation would already be over. On the other hand they also claimed we would act in a certain negative way I'd also missed the first read through that basically amounts to name calling without having any evidence to back it up, so honestly they deserve a harsher response than the one I gave. *shrug*

Fortuna
2016-06-12, 05:11 PM
The comment about crowing shamefully was unwarranted; I apologize for that. As to the rest I'm just glad to see it appears to be over for now.

Now, to voting. We need to get a second wagon going but I don't like any of the options available to me for that. I guess I will throw a vote on Lex-Kat just because I dislike wagoning her least.

Black Socks
2016-06-12, 05:17 PM
Ok, I think Ramsus has explained himself. I'll switch back to Lex-Kat. Sorry about being so brief, I'm kind of busy at the moment in RL.....

norman250
2016-06-12, 05:32 PM
I don't really like how little explanation you guys are giving for the kind of last minute vote changes...

Fortuna
2016-06-12, 05:43 PM
I don't really like how little explanation you guys are giving for the kind of last minute vote changes...

This is 100% understandable. Unfortunately I don't really have a lot in the way of explanation - it's clear to me that BasketOfPuppies isn't getting lynched today, and I would rather have two viable wagons than one for the sake of analysis later in the game.

ThePhantom
2016-06-12, 08:03 PM
End of Day 3

Marty was one who had a clever mind, but had a long history with arguments and movements of brilliance but not always for the benefit of the other members of the staff. That past has caught up to him again, as when tensions are high what was just ill-feelings can bloom into malice.

A pity that he wasn't connected to the chaos going on here, but its not like they can fix death like a virus.

Summary:
Fleeing Coward was lynched, he was a villager.
Night 3 begins

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-13, 06:11 AM
"Time to bed down for the night." Joe says after cleaning up the latest mess. "Hopefully I'll still be around tomorrow."

I will explain/clarify my thoughts later as I will be busy until later today.

Black Socks->town lean

BasketofPuppies->wolf lean

norman250->Town assessment still holds

Lex-kat->wolf lean

Ramsus->null lean

Elenna->town lean

Fortuna->town lean

Luizeu->Either quiet town or wolf, both bad. Null

Silent_Interim->weak wolf lean-on FC train

Fleeing Coward
->List of who voted:
•The-lost-Byte-first vote.
•Ramsus-2nd vote
•Silent_Interim-3rd vote
Did I miss any?

flat-footed->town lean

The-lost-byte->null lean

Bunny of Faith->Still oddly quiet, null

C'nor->null lean, and I have a theory.

If BoP is wolf, then this could be indication the Lex is wolf. Her decision to put pressure on someone else could have been made both as a wolf and wanting C'nor to play.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-13, 04:36 PM
@SI: That does explain it some, though I had in my first post of the game noted I was busy. Would have thought further lack of activity would be assumed as still being busy, which was the case. *shrug*
Don't think there's a terribly great risk people are going to view you as "saving me" from a wagon that only exists because you voted for me in the first place. I basically read that as "please don't lynch me if Ramsus later flips wolf".

I didn't remember that you had said that, or I would have largely left well enough alone. I can also totally see a wolf voting for a fellow wolf, then switching off at the last moment.'
@Libro- Could we please get some explanation on some of those reads? I largely agree with you, but I'd like to see why you are thinking along the lines that you are.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-13, 06:40 PM
"Give an old man a minute or three and I'll explain myself." Old Joe steps into the copy room and you hear the machine run for a minute or two. He comes back out and gives a sheet to everybody. "Since I don't know how to use email, I figured this was the next best thing. I can make sure everybody understands my reasoning and I don't run my voice hoarse. Also, if one of those hacker people is behind this, I don't imagine the computers are very safe."
Black Socks->town lean, as before.

norman250->town lean, as before.

Ramsus->Null lean, as they can’t quite be cleared as town due to being on the FC train.

Elenna->town lean->If a wolf pointed at another wolf, it would likely do so with company.

Fortuna->town lean, as before

Luizeu->Has been completely silent

Silent_Interim->weak wolf lean since they were on FC train

Fleeing Coward
->List of who voted:
•Ramsus-2nd vote
•Silent_Interim-3rd vote

flat-footed->I am inclined to believe I overreacted to his RP in my last analysis.:smallredface:

The-lost-byte->Started the FC train. Has otherwise not been particularly wolfy, hence null lean and not wolf lean.

Bunny of Faith->Still quiet

C’nor->Like norman250, comes across as town trying not to get lynched. Having re-read their posts, I'm amending my opinion of them to weak town lean.

Lex-kat->wolf lean

BasketofPuppies->wolf lean.

If BoP is wolf, then this could be indication the Lex is wolf. Her decision to put pressure on someone else could have been made both as a wolf and wanting C'nor to play.

To better explain my previous statement above... BoP would avoid Lex if they were both wolf, hence targeting C’nor. Lex, in not voting for C’nor, would both protect her friend and help lynch a villager. Both would make the choice a no-brainer for her. Throw in the possibility of other wolves or the town lynching C'nor, and her hands would be clean from offing her friend, who is likely a villager.
BoP was likely just wanting to clear themselves quickly, and not wanting to nail a fellow wolf, chose C’nor.

If I need to re-word, please ask.

Any estimate on the number of wolves? I know there will be more than two, but any guesses?

@ThePhantom: Was it random chance between Lex and FC, or did I miss a vote?

Fleeing Coward

•Ramsus-2nd vote
•Silent_Interim-3rd vote
Lex

•Libro.
•Fortuna
•Black Socks

Black Socks
2016-06-13, 06:49 PM
Billy nods in approval. Now this janitor was a guy who thought his way. "Yeah, you're probably right- especially about the computers. Maybe I'll try to put up some firewalls to fight these hackers." With that, he leaves for bed- but not before tripping over that dog food once again. "Seriously! Why is there dog food on the floor? This company is going to the dogs!"
Out of nowhere, a rimshot was heard.

Out-of-character: Lost Byte? Are we still playing that game of dices?

ThePhantom
2016-06-13, 07:01 PM
End of Night 3

The computers light up for a bit as the day approaches.

Who ever heard of a police cat?
Not me, but those who thought it of now get to try to get it out of the bag

Those closest to the windows on the third floor can hear the distressed sounds of a cat outside. A pity that they can't see out of them.

Summary:
Fortuna was taken, she was police.
Day 4 begins

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-13, 07:26 PM
“Well, that ain’t good. If they can off one of the cops then they can off the rest of us.” Old Joe said with a hint of sadness. “And I like cats. Have a big fluffy one I’d like to get back to when we escape all this…”

He is lost in thought for a few minutes, then says, “I’m inclined to propose either BoP or Lex for today’s vote. How ‘bout Lex-kat for now and we lock the pups in the supply closet while we deal with this?”

Having thought it over, would FC have been lynched since he reached 3 votes first?

Also, if the crowd feels BoP should be dealt with first, speak up, please.

Fortuna
2016-06-13, 08:33 PM
Mew. :smallfrown:

Good luck, town.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-14, 02:10 AM
While The-lost-Byte was hoping to have more players joining, the dice have been cast anyway. After trowing in a music-disk intro the midle of the table he slowly took the cup of the green and reveals the result.
"One and Five. Six even! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20889347&postcount=2116) By the way, what book is that?"

OOC: sorry i could not post earlyer... internetproblem, but it works now...kinda... my post will probably stay short. -_-
I am going to vote for Lex-Kat, seems like the best choice.

Black Socks
2016-06-14, 07:18 AM
Billy hands over the book. "That was fun! The book is No Cure for the Paladin Blues. Want to play again? I'll stick with odds, but this time I'll bet.... a dozen apple-cranberry granola bars!" As Billy spoke, he pulled the aforementioned granola bars out of his desk. What was it with that guy and apple-cranberry granola bars?

At that moment, Billy heard the news of Fortuna. "Wait, so the cat was a police officer? What is this, Spy Kids?" He paused. "More like Spy Kittens!"
The rim-shot was heard once again. Did he have a sound-effects box in his pocket or something?

norman250
2016-06-14, 09:13 AM
Awful lot of people saying Lex-Kat's the best choice without saying why. Because she hasn't been posting much? Is that all?

Lex-Kat
2016-06-14, 11:47 AM
So... why am I being brought up for the lynch again? Because Fleeing Coward, my mortal enemy was lynched instead? Because I defended C'Nor on Day 1? Because... BasketOfPuppies didn't vote to lynch me instead? :smallconfused: :smalleek:

For not talking much? You must be reading the old game threads. I haven't posted much in these games for a few years now. Oh, on occasion I post like a madwoman... for a Day or 2. But that's not often, and usually only when the end of the game is near. Personally, I'm more suspicious of The-lost-Byte, for jumping on this strange bandwagon, again.

Ramsus
2016-06-14, 01:26 PM
I'm willing to join Lex on BasketOfPuppies for now since it seems the idea is supposed to be that Lex is guilty by association with him which sorta argues of the two BOP would be the more suspicious.

That said, Lex you didn't say why you're voting for BOP while putting suspicion on someone else. :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2016-06-14, 04:57 PM
Because I think there's a better chance that I won't get lynched if the other choice is BoP? It's more self defense at this point, than true suspicion.

norman250
2016-06-14, 06:43 PM
Billy hands over the book. "That was fun! The book is No Cure for the Paladin Blues. Want to play again? I'll stick with odds, but this time I'll bet.... a dozen apple-cranberry granola bars!" As Billy spoke, he pulled the aforementioned granola bars out of his desk. What was it with that guy and apple-cranberry granola bars?

At that moment, Billy heard the news of Fortuna. "Wait, so the cat was a police officer? What is this, Spy Kids?" He paused. "More like Spy Kittens!"
The rim-shot was heard once again. Did he have a sound-effects box in his pocket or something?

Norman stormed into the room, a frustrated expression on his face. "Really, you guys are playing games?! People are dying, man! Help us find the killer! Oh, and cat cop? I don't know, maybe it's a new animal department, maybe like the K9 division?"

Surveying the room, the young intern took a deep breath, "so, not the end of the world. Christine is still safe. We can still make this work."

OOC: Sorry I haven't been as active this day phase, or has RP heavy as I'd like this entire game. Good news is that I recently got a promotion at work (yay), bad news is I've been pretty swamped transitioning all the things I oversee and my projects into new hands, so, catch 22. I've only really managed to skim today, when I get home tonight I'll make a post with a bit more analysis, and with a list of my reads, but to make that easier for me, could more people explain why they're targeting Lex? I have a null read on her currently, and could be convinced to point that way, but I haven't really seen any other argument other than "we should vote for Lex" in my skimming. In fact, I was going to FoS Fortuna today for her kinda late-in-the-day-little-explanation switch, but since she's turned out to be the Police, I'm thinking maybe she knew something I didn't? Hopefully the Seers have managed to network with them at this point.

Anyway, to vote: To prevent this from just being a Lex Vs. BoP day, I'll throw a point at Silent_Interim for the switching off with a perhaps overly defensive "I know this looks like I'm saving Ramsus" comment, though I'll admit that this is mostly a throw away vote because I don't really have the time to look through posts currently. I'll likely change it tonight.

Black Socks
2016-06-14, 07:06 PM
"Sorry... I was just trying to take my mind off of all this death. Personally I think C'Nor is being a little suspicious." Billy replies.

Out-of-character: Ok, so recently all C'nor seems to be doing is defending themselves against accusations. These defenses are mostly short and seem to be along the lines of 'I'm not a wolf, you're wrong'. I find this a little suspicious.... maybe if C'Nor can explain themselves well I'll switch my vote.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-14, 09:38 PM
So there're two votes for me, the first from Lex thanks to her trying to protect herself? I don't buy it.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-14, 11:14 PM
Ah. Well, I can't say I'm especially suspicious of either Lex-Kat or BoP. I agree with Black Socks about the tone of C'nor's posts, though. C'nor has been remarkably quiet and unhelpful, while still posting often enough to look vaguely active.
@Libro: Can you please explain why you think everyone on the FC wagon is immediately suspicious? Sure, FC was town, but so's everybody else we've lynched so far. Do you think there was something especially suspicious about this particular wagon? If so, why?
@norman: :smallbiggrin: That wasn't even me being defensive. I've been defensive in past games, and that is NOT what I look like when I'm being defensive.
@BoP::smallconfused: What about self defense do you not buy? Almost (almost) everyone is suspicious of you, you're kind of up on the chopping block.

norman250
2016-06-15, 12:26 AM
@norman: :smallbiggrin: That wasn't even me being defensive. I've been defensive in past games, and that is NOT what I look like when I'm being defensive.

I can buy that. Like I said, it's not a strong bent. I didn't get the time to overlook all the thread like I wanted, I had to stay late at work and I really need to sleep, but as promised, for the sake of discussion here are some of my leads.

Black Socks-Weak/Moderate Town lead- Seems to be not following hive mind, reacting to discussion and engaging accordingly. BasketofPuppies-Null read/Weak Wolf-Low post count, mostly to defend himself from accusers.
Lex-Kat-Null lean, hasn't really contributed much.
Ramsus-Null Lean, sure they were on FC wagon, but honestly, with FC's vaguely petty behavior I could see why people would see wolf.
Libro-Weak town, been encouraging discussions.
C'Nor-Weak wolf, for reasons I have already outlined earlier.(to recap, counter wagoning, not defending themselves, perhaps lying low.

Anyway, since C'Nor has been gaining some traction, that's where I'll go again. I may be tunneling at this point, but honestly I won't rest easy until I know for sure. We still got part of a day phase left for people to convince me about Lex-Kat, but I'm just not seeing it right now. I did manage to find Libro's spoiler explanation, but it seemed mostly dependent on BoP and Lex-Kat working together, and I don't believe we have too much concrete proof of that. But like I said, I'll switch my vote to her if one of you guys care to give me an explanation.

Elenna
2016-06-15, 01:11 AM
BasketOfPuppies for the weird vote thing and because my gut is telling me BoP feels more suspicious than Lex. I'd like to have a more sound analysis but it's 2 am.

(Yeah, I'm going to have very little time for Werewolf for... probably the rest of the summer. Sorry. :smallfrown:)

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-15, 02:25 AM
The C'Nor train is back? Well, i was thinking that wasn't a choice to anyone...
And now, as it has a chance of sucees, i am going back to my roots.

Lady Serpentine
2016-06-15, 05:35 AM
Out-of-character: Ok, so recently all C'nor seems to be doing is defending themselves against accusations. These defenses are mostly short and seem to be along the lines of 'I'm not a wolf, you're wrong'. I find this a little suspicious.... maybe if C'Nor can explain themselves well I'll switch my vote.

If you look at the accusations, they're mostly 'You're a wolf, I'm right!'. So. You know. Try tossing evidence I can refute my way and I will? Or would have. I'm not really in a mood to deal with trying to get the lynch off my back yet another time, when all that putting effort into that does is make people suspicious because I'm not focusing on other things.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-15, 07:36 AM
@Libro: Can you please explain why you think everyone on the FC wagon is immediately suspicious? Sure, FC was town, but so's everybody else we've lynched so far. Do you think there was something especially suspicious about this particular wagon? If so, why?

It was the first vote that wasn't random. I may be weighing it to heavily, though.

As for voting... I reviewed my logic and found several flaws. Something about BoP vs Lex stinks like bad fish to me. I don't have facts to support said feeling, but I'm backing out of that debate. I'm pulling my vote for Lex and will hopefully post a new vote later.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-15, 03:45 PM
It was the first vote that wasn't random. I may be weighing it to heavily, though.

... I'm sorry, I really just straight up do not understand what you're trying to say here. What about the first vote was or wasn't random? I'm really having trouble here, and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm staying in the C'nor wagon, because I'm not seeing town behavior there. Norman brings up some very good points, and I'm also uncomfortable with the lack of analysis coming from there. C'nor is either a wolf or an unhelpful townie.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-15, 04:34 PM
... I'm sorry, I really just straight up do not understand what you're trying to say here. What about the first vote was or wasn't random? I'm really having trouble here, and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

By random, I meant the day one vote and its associated uncertainty compared with day two, when there is data from the previous day to work with.

I've come to throw alot of my prior analysis out the window after looking at it. Some logic gaps are far too large for my comfort. Probably what I get for drafting posts only an hour or two before bed...

At present, C'nor's train seems the best. I cannot find any evidence to support it, but something feels off about BoP vs Lex. I wish I had more than gut feeling to go on, but I haven't had time to search for evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

"Everybody listen up!" Old Joe shouted. " I know this is last minute, but I've got info that may be able to crack this wide open. I'm police and I've been in contact with the fool and seer. C'nor is town clear as crystal. The fool picked up Lex as police- which she ain't-and BoP as town. BasketofPuppies isn't police either, so that leaves wolf.

I don't expect to survive the night now, but I'd like to get at least one wolf before I go.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-15, 05:57 PM
Welp, good enough for me. BasketofPuppies.

norman250
2016-06-15, 06:04 PM
Seer test it is then? Or Fool test, I guess? BasketofPuppies. We'll be able to see if Libro's gut feeling is right, as well.

Black Socks
2016-06-15, 06:46 PM
"You've convinced me." Billy remarks. "Basket Of Puppies it is."
"Also, this is a pretty weird police force... the cat and the janitor. :smallbiggrin:"

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-15, 07:31 PM
"Yes, our posse is a tad eclectic, but would any of you have suspected such cover?" Old Joe said wistfully. "I don't expect to survive the night after exposing myself, unless the wolves have a better target already prepared. I'll declare a few more of my hunches after the day has passed."

Everyone please check your PM boxes. If they are full, please empty out at least some. I tried to contact some people, but their boxes were full.

flat_footed
2016-06-15, 07:31 PM
Man, what? Almost forgot to vote. Basket of puppies. My vote for cnor didnt amount to much the first time around so i'll join this train.

Elenna
2016-06-15, 07:54 PM
Hang on, this isn't how the fool role works.

In pretty much every Werewolf game, the Fool's scry is completely random. That is, they have a chance of being wrong, but they also have a chance of being correct. So the Fool scrying BoP as a villager doesn't actually say anything about their role. They could still be a villager.

Specifically, in the rules of this game:

Carlotta: The Admin of the opera, and is very jealous of Christine's success. Vain and self-focus, she thinks that she can tell the real identity of people, but she is not often right. Fool
She is not often right - meaning she can sometimes be right.

Leaving my vote of BoP for now, but only because I haven't looked for other suspects yet, not because of this fool scry.

Also, I'm putting a Finger of Suspicion on Silent_Interim and (to a lesser extent) norman250, since they aren't new and should have known the fool role doesn't work that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I just glanced back through the thread and realized that I missed BoP's explanation for their vote.

@Elenna: the main reason that I voted for C'nor instead of Lex was because C'nor hasn't been posting much and I'm trying to stir up conversation. They've posted 3 times all game, unless my count was off, and I wanted to increase that amount. I thought that another vote might help.
Seems reasonable to me.

So in that case, I think I'll switch to C'nor for the sake of having a competing bandwagon.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-15, 08:28 PM
So y'all've fool testing based of of what the rules don't say? That seems a tad illogical. C'nor to try to save myself.

norman250
2016-06-15, 08:41 PM
Ah, I actually skimmed Libro's post during work, and thought it read that BoP was scried as a wolf, not town. I thought we were testing to see if it was a Seer or Fool. I agree, we shouldn't lynch people based on a fool scrying someone as town, especially if you already know they're a fool. Switching back to C'Nor, then.

ThePhantom
2016-06-15, 09:23 PM
End of Day 4

There's a bit of logic that when something happens to the cat, that one will look to the dogs around. And in this case, to do so is wise. Hidden in the collars of the pups are flashdrives, which are keys to the viruses affecting the systems, but not the master key. But things are looking brighter as they can turn the lights back on.

Summary:
Basket of Puppies was lynched, they were the shadow.
Night 4 begins

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-15, 09:29 PM
Whoopsie:smallredface:
I hadn't read it like that before. Thought the fool was always wrong. BoP vote will be stricken.

Tried to contact the seer for their scry list and their PM box is full.

Lex is definitely not police. Nothing else right now.

Will try to reason more in the morning.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the narrator

Suspicion on Silent_Interim and The-lost-Byte. Both have been eager to jump on bandwagons.
Lex showing as police does not do any favors for her either.

BasketOfPuppies
2016-06-15, 09:30 PM
That didn't go as I'd hoped.

Elenna
2016-06-15, 09:33 PM
...Huh. Well, okay then. I'm definitely not complaining about lynching a wolf! :smallsmile:

flat_footed
2016-06-15, 10:48 PM
Finally got the right one! :smallbiggrin:

Though are messages really being sent out so much? I've only had to clean out my inbox once and that was after a really long time... Kinda exciting to hear there's lots of chatter.

It's hard to know which explanations are honest and which are misleading. BOP played a good hand.

norman250
2016-06-15, 11:01 PM
Huh. Well, for the record, I still think Elenna's logic is sound and we absolutely should not have lynched a fool's town read.... BUT I'm glad it worked out.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-16, 02:24 PM
Alright- I straight up misremembered how the fool role worked in this game. There are variations on the fool role, and I assumed that it worked that way because of the logic Libro was going on. There are versions of the fool where the fool is always wrong. Granted, we just got lucky that it worked out this time, and more care should have been taken. The fool role does sometimes work that way- just not this time.

I have a really strong town read on Elenna just now- she called people out on a really elementary mistake, even if she was inadvertently defending a wolf. That seems like town behavior. She's probably my biggest town lean, other than Libro, who is almost certainly a soon-to-be-dead police.

Black Socks
2016-06-16, 03:02 PM
End of Day 4

There's a bit of logic that when something happens to the cat, that one will look to the dogs around. And in this case, to do so is wise. Hidden in the collars of the pups are flashdrives, which are keys to the viruses affecting the systems, but not the master key. But things are looking brighter as they can turn the lights back on.

Summary:
Basket of Puppies was lynched, they were the shadow.
Night 4 begins
'The' shadow? Well, we now know that there are 2 wolves left- the Phantom and the Head of Fire.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-16, 03:31 PM
Shadows are plural in this game. Essentially standard wolves that have a chance to become alpha when the alpha is lynched.

norman250
2016-06-16, 03:51 PM
Libro's correct. We know there is at LEAST the Head of Fire and the Phantom left, there could be potentially multiple shadows.

Black Socks
2016-06-16, 04:35 PM
Ah. Oopsy daisies.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-16, 08:47 PM
Good luck to town. I'll keep watching.

ThePhantom
2016-06-16, 11:28 PM
End of Night 4

Busy, busy, busy. She always was busy with dozens trying to reach her. When she had the time, she was clear-headed and clever. When she didn't, she could be blindsided. Such was the case this night, the lights being on didn't save her.

Summary:
C'nor was taken out, she was Madame Giry, seer.
Day 5 begins

flat_footed
2016-06-17, 01:14 AM
Is it just me or are the good names going faster than the bad ones... :smalleek:

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-17, 06:47 AM
Well, crud :smalleek:
I'm not dead, but I'm not happy with the alternative.

I'll start the day with Lex-kat. She's not police, so what is she?
BoP voted for C'nor and not Lex on Day 1. Since BoP flipped wolf, it could mean he didn't want to lynch Lex, a fellow wolf.

The-lost-Byte had also been pushing to vote for C'nor. Failing to have her lynched, he could've turned to their fellow wolves. Also possible that they are just fond of bandwagons though.

Silent_Interim has also been bandwagoning frequently.

Ramsus is not above suspicion either. Primarily by association with Lex, so a weak wolf lean, but a wolf lean.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-17, 09:47 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm just a villager. So I'll go with Silent_Interim for not being silent enough, apparently.

norman250
2016-06-17, 10:36 AM
While it doesn't automatically clear her, it is worth noting that Lex-Kat was the first to throw a vote on BoP and if she were a wolf, she could have switched her vote to C'Nor at any point, and would have saved her fellow wolf.

With that in mind, I'm going to start by continuing pressure at Silent_Interim. Late day switch to Fleeing Coward when he was lynched, late jumps onto bandwagons. It's worth a look at. I'll consider other options as discussion progresses, but I just can't see a wolf Lex not making any effort to save a wolf when she easily could have.

Ramsus
2016-06-17, 11:51 AM
...and I was second on that wagon yesterday. I think we should keep in mind for a bit from now on that Libro tried to paint suspicion on not one, but two people who successfully lynched a wolf.

I'm probably going to be gone most of today. I'll vote later, don't have the time to mull things over now.

Closing statement: Be nice, don't try and convince people to vote for me while you know I'm not around to respond?

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-17, 01:05 PM
While it doesn't automatically clear her, it is worth noting that Lex-Kat was the first to throw a vote on BoP and if she were a wolf, she could have switched her vote to C'Nor at any point, and would have saved her fellow wolf.

With that in mind, I'm going to start by continuing pressure at Silent_Interim. Late day switch to Fleeing Coward when he was lynched, late jumps onto bandwagons. It's worth a look at. I'll consider other options as discussion progresses, but I just can't see a wolf Lex not making any effort to save a wolf when she easily could have.

Those are entirely valid points that I haven't considered as much as I should have. I'll switch to poking Silent_Interim.

...and I was second on that wagon yesterday. I think we should keep in mind for a bit from now on that Libro tried to paint suspicion on not one, but two people who successfully lynched a wolf.

I'm probably going to be gone most of today. I'll vote later, don't have the time to mull things over now.

Closing statement: Be nice, don't try and convince people to vote for me while you know I'm not around to respond?

I may be trigger-happy with placing suspicion, but I intend to be as fair as possible.

A few questions for the group...
•Anybody have a guess for how many wolves are left?
•Should we look into Luizeu or Bunny of Faith, or are they not active enough to be wolves?

@ThePhantom: It may be a good idea to update the opening post with who has been lynched/killed.

norman250
2016-06-17, 01:19 PM
Number of wolves? At least two, probably no more than three tops. I doubt ThePbantom would let inactive players kill in the night and never vote in the day. Maybe one of them is a wolf, but I doubt both are. At least one of our wolves must be an active player.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-17, 01:29 PM
I see. Well, here goes...

I jump late onto bandwagons because I generally post twice each day phase- once in the first half, once in the second half-often after other people have put votes onto whomever I would be voting for. Not always, granted, but that's generally my pattern. What am I supposed to do if something like Libro claiming Police happens? Not move onto the new, apparently better, wagon, because it's late in the day?
I could very easily have not posted again and voted for BoP yesterday, probably saving a fellow wolf. Things were pretty close- if I had stayed on, or switched back to, C'nor, she would have been lynched, putting town down the seer and the wolves with a free kill. Why would I do what I did as a wolf, then?

I'll agree that Lex kind of looks like town to me. Weird, slightly unhelpful town, who is giving minimal justification for voting for me, admittedly, but town nonetheless.

I find it a bit weird that Libro isn't dead, but no one has counterclaimed, so I'm forced to assume he's telling the truth. Out of, just, you know, idle curiosity about important events, did you get the scry list from C'nor before their untimely death?

The-lost-byte is new, to my knowledge, so I think a bit of bandwagoning can be forgiven.

I'm honestly fairly suspicious of flat_footed. They've been posting often enough to seem active, but haven't been all that active in participating in discussion, unlike most of the rest of our player base. Everybody else is either a) Participating in town discussions, b) totally silent, or c) Lex, who is semi-cleared for other reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to be away from internet for the next three days or so. Good luck, all.

flat_footed
2016-06-17, 03:49 PM
I'm on the forum a lot, but this is my first WW game online. I don't have much confidence in posting my thoughts, cause I think I'm usually wrong so far, but still want to be a part of things. I'm mostly reading what others are saying and casting my vote whichever way makes sense, and putting a little theme in here or there.

You're the second person who said that made me suspicious. :smallbiggrin:

Silent_Interim
2016-06-17, 04:36 PM
It makes little difference if your thoughts are wrong if you refuse to share them with everyone. Please, post your analysis. It's a simple choice. If you're wrong, but still share your thoughts, you'll be corrected and do better next time. If you're right, and share your thoughts, you help town. If you're wrong, but refuse to share, no harm done. If you're right, but refuse to share, you actively hurt town. I don't buy "I'm new" as an excuse for refusing to participate in analysis. I've played that card before myself too many times to be willing to see others play it. It's a bad reason to not talk. Fortunately (or possibly un-) there's always been someone willing to force me to participate in analysis. Refusing to talk is either neutral or bad for town. Talking is either neutral or good for town. So.... no, I'm not willing to accept that.

I'm leaving for the land of internetlessness shortly, so I'll see you all in a few days.

flat_footed
2016-06-17, 05:03 PM
Heh, well ok. I'll write something up later tonight or tomorrow if it's something that helps the town.

Thanks for the prod towards providing analysis. :smallwink:

Black Socks
2016-06-17, 05:04 PM
Billy has been attempting to reboot his computer. Finally, after several failed attempts, the screen flickers on, the logo appears and....
BOOM! After the smoke clears, his computer screen is now a smoldering mess. "Dang it! Stupid hackers!" he curses angrily.

Out-of-character:
Lost-Byte has been rather quiet recently. Poking him to get him to talk.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-17, 05:07 PM
Fortuna was C'nor's first scry, which helped her into the network.
She had mentioned that she scried Lex-kat, but not what Lex scried as.
flat_footed was cleared as town by both C'nor and the fool working independently.

Elenna
2016-06-17, 11:41 PM
A few questions for the group...
•Anybody have a guess for how many wolves are left?
•Should we look into Luizeu or Bunny of Faith, or are they not active enough to be wolves?

Usually, for a relatively classic-style game it's between 1/5 to 1/4 wolves, right? So since there were 19 players to start, I'd say either 4 or 5 wolves to start, depending on how helpful ThePhantom expected the town power roles to be.
So I'd say three or four wolves left.

Don't forget Libro claimed mason and we haven't seen a counterclaim. :smallsmile:

FYI, for anyone who doesn't know yet, if a wolf fake-claims mason it is pretty much always a good thing for one of the real masons to counterclaim. Dead wolf+dead mason is better for town than live wolf+live mason.
As such, if there is a mason claim and there hasn't been a counterclaim in a reasonable amount of time, the mason claim is assumed to be true.
Also as such, wolves very rarely fake-claim mason.

I was going to poke Lex today, but norman250 makes a good point about her vote yesterday. So... *looks at inactive players* The-lost-byte, want to give us some analysis?

Ramsus
2016-06-17, 11:45 PM
Oh. Right. Well that's what happens when I don't have much time to look at things before I post. I guess I'll vote for The-lost-byte so we have a counterwagon. And we can see if anyone wants to actually tip a wagon over to four. Or so we get lost byte to say more and we already got that out of SI today.

Elenna
2016-06-17, 11:51 PM
Right, and I was going to comment on Silent_Interim. Almost forgot.

I'm still a little weirded out by his not noticing the problem with the fool test.

Alright- I straight up misremembered how the fool role worked in this game. There are variations on the fool role, and I assumed that it worked that way because of the logic Libro was going on. There are versions of the fool where the fool is always wrong. Granted, we just got lucky that it worked out this time, and more care should have been taken. The fool role does sometimes work that way- just not this time.

Really? I've been playing here for about a year and I don't remember seeing any games where the fool role worked that way. But maybe I'm forgetting things? :smallconfused: What games are you thinking of?

In any case, I'm going to assume that SI did actually not notice the problem, since he would want to point it out regardless of his role (town doesn't want to lynch someone on bad logic, wolf doesn't want to lynch a fellow wolf). So he looks less wolfy than he did before BoP's role was revealed, because it eliminated the possibility that he was a wolf and wanted to get a townie mislynched.

But still... I can imagine a scenario where a wolf sees "seer/fool" along with a fellow wolf's name, assumes it's a seer test, and jumps on quickly to look towny.
OTOH, I can also see a scenario where a villager skimming the thread sees "seer/fool" along with someone's name and goes along with the test without paying much attention.

I don't know. Weak FoS on Silent_Interim, mostly for defensiveness stuff, but there's enough of a wagon on them already that I'll keep my vote where it is for now.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-18, 04:20 AM
My analysis?
My internet-connection is worse, at the best.
While reading work, posting is... not so easy...

My activity is lower, here as well as in TW2100 or the messageboard.
So, i trust Libro and norman250, so go for silent_intrim.

Elenna
2016-06-19, 02:01 PM
My analysis?
My internet-connection is worse, at the best.
While reading work, posting is... not so easy...

My activity is lower, here as well as in TW2100 or the messageboard.
So, i trust Libro and norman250, so go for silent_intrim.

Why do you trust norman250?

Also, where did everyone go? Shouldn't the day be over by now?

Silent_Interim
2016-06-19, 09:03 PM
Oh, hey, I'm not dead:smallsmile:! And, also, the day is not done. What's going on here? I'm honestly very surprised on both counts. I just checked, though, and Phantom hasn't posted anything in three days, and this isn't the only thing he's doing.

I'll switch to the-lost-byte, for self preservation on the one hand and because I agree with what's been said so far about his recent behavior. Also since it turns out flat_footed is cleared. Thanks for mentioning that at the start of the day, Libro. :smallannoyed: I also notice that no-one has adequately responded to my point about being able to save BoP, and yet I still have three votes on me after a couple of RL days.

@flat_footed: Just because you're cleared doesn't mean I don't want analysis from you! Speak up! We want to hear your voice!

@Elenna: I can't point to any games here specifically, I was working off of general knowledge and my understanding of the role. Also, I think being defensive is justified when all but one of the votes so far are on you. :smalltongue:

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-20, 02:42 PM
Well, eighter, i am paranoid or i see shadows... probebly both!
Yes, it is a OMGYS vote. And yes, it WILL kill me! But... you can't lynch the day-banner, right Black Socks?
I think you are a shadow, scum, wanting me dead!

Billy nods in approval. Now this janitor was a guy who thought his way. "Yeah, you're probably right- especially about the computers. Maybe I'll try to put up some firewalls to fight these hackers."

eighter, this is just good roleplay or an attempt to breadcrum day-banner. And i was beliveing the first...

So... i am going to get lynched today AND survive! Also, i am probably the night-kill...
and out of options...

flat_footed
2016-06-20, 03:37 PM
When death looms, the truth comes out.

Silent_Interim

Black Socks
2016-06-20, 03:42 PM
Well, eighter, i am paranoid or i see shadows... probebly both!
Yes, it is a OMGYS vote. And yes, it WILL kill me! But... you can't lynch the day-banner, right Black Socks?
I think you are a shadow, scum, wanting me dead!

eighter, this is just good roleplay or an attempt to breadcrum day-banner. And i was beliveing the first...

So... i am going to get lynched today AND survive! Also, i am probably the night-kill...
and out of options...

Ok, you've convinced me. Silent Interim.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-20, 03:54 PM
after a 96 hour-day, things went crasy... sorry, i loose my nerfs...
back to Silent_Intrim Wow! I can't beive that OMGYS worked!

norman250
2016-06-20, 04:00 PM
Hmm, you probably should have messaged libro privately so he could have convinced the network to swap, wolves have an extra win condition to kill the day baner, you're almost certainly going to die.

flat_footed
2016-06-20, 05:02 PM
My guess is lost-byte is the fool who knows who the day baner is by a lucky scry.

Would make sense to keep the day baner safe for another night and steal a wolf vote to someone who's scries can't be trusted anyways.

ThePhantom
2016-06-20, 05:24 PM
(My apologizes, I got caught up in things, especially father's day. That still should have meant for me to do this.)

End of Day 5

He was just one of the crowd. He had an old sandwich and a keen mind. But with success comes the desire to take more risks. Not every risk plays out through, and as the crowd takes away his computer and access keys to leave him in a room, he protests his innocence.

Summary:
Silent_Intrim was locked up, he was a villager.
Night 5 begins

flat_footed
2016-06-20, 05:37 PM
Well poop. Sorry Silent. :smallfrown:

norman250
2016-06-20, 09:10 PM
My guess is lost-byte is the fool who knows who the day baner is by a lucky scry.

Would make sense to keep the day baner safe for another night and steal a wolf vote to someone who's scries can't be trusted anyways.

Let's hope.

Silent_Interim
2016-06-21, 12:00 PM
Ah well. Good luck, town, you're going to need it.

(Also, there's an e in interim)

ThePhantom
2016-06-21, 06:26 PM
End of Night 5

She was a german beauty, the one who had enough sway over the employees. A pity that beauty can attract trouble. In this case, a kidnapping. Seems like the top floor has been walled off from the rest of the building, and so Christine is trapped.

Summary:
the-lost-Byte was taken, he was Christine.
Day 6 begins.

Black Socks
2016-06-21, 06:58 PM
Billy angrily slams his fist down on his desk. "Vile fiends! Raoul, Madame Giry, and now Christine.... apart from our janitor-policeman friend here, is there anyone left apart from the staff?

OOC: Well, this is going badly.

The-lost-Byte
2016-06-21, 09:56 PM
Well, my bad -_-

Lex-Kat
2016-06-22, 12:00 AM
You're bad? No, no, no, my friend. You were good. Evidently the wolves were scared of you, for some... Oh! They still have the Head of Fire, don't they. :smallannoyed:

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. I'll try to post a suspects list tomorrow, before I leave if I can.

I shall be gone both tomorrow and Thursday, and then have limited access until Tuesday, maybe next Wednesday (depending on how tired I am after I get home Monday).

Elenna
2016-06-22, 09:04 PM
Where is everyone?

BTW, ThePhantom, Fleeing Coward and The-lost-byte should be crossed out on the list in the first post. :smallsmile:

Nobody is really looking particularly suspicious right now. Luizeu, any thoughts on the game?

Ramsus
2016-06-22, 10:17 PM
Seems like Eggel hasn't posted in a great while too.

@ThePhantom: Some of the dead people are also missing their time of death and roles.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-23, 05:28 AM
@ Ramsus: Eggel had to go on vacation so I stepped up to fill in for him.

I will post a vote and/or analysis later.

EDIT: @ThePhantom, it may be a good idea to empty your PM box at least a little.

Black Socks
2016-06-23, 11:38 AM
Billy had a really weird dream.... but oddly enough, he couldn't remember it at all. Running his fingers through his messy brown hair, he staggered off to the bathroom to wash his face.
OOC: Ok, Norman seems to be acting suspiciously. He hasn't posted much lately, which I see as wolves lying low, since they know that the baner and day-baner are gone, so there's no way to stop them from killing everyone off- if they just avoid getting lynched, it's a matter of time before they win. So I'm poking him.

norman250
2016-06-23, 12:13 PM
Billy had a really weird dream.... but oddly enough, he couldn't remember it at all. Running his fingers through his messy brown hair, he staggered off to the bathroom to wash his face.
OOC: Ok, Norman seems to be acting suspiciously. He hasn't posted much lately, which I see as wolves lying low, since they know that the baner and day-baner are gone, so there's no way to stop them from killing everyone off- if they just avoid getting lynched, it's a matter of time before they win. So I'm poking him.

I work 12 hour shifts M,T, W, and Saturday. Sometimes I just go to sleep after work. Today's my first day off of the week. I think it's a little unfair to suggest that I'm suspicious for not being active when I have been fairly active in every single phase so far except for the first half of this one.

Honestly, I'm half inclined to vote for Libro. He's been openly running a network for a while now, has organized said network into lynching some villagers, and weirdly hasn't been killed in the night by the wolves yet. On top of all of that, he has actively been spreading mis-information privately. I'll just come out and say it because I'm just a villager and that this point it doesn't matter if I'm NK'd: Libro has networked with me. So far this network has been him only saying that he has a plan for victory, but revealing nothing of this plan, and last night he actively told me that Lost-Byte was not the Day Baner, but rather covering for another player that was. I don't really know why he would spread mis-information to the network, when all I've done is openly share my reads privately with him. But hey, there hasn't been a counter-claim on him yet, so I'm forced to assume he must be a mason.

I'll throw an opening poke on Ramsus, for tying up the wagon on Lost-Byte last day phase. As he said, that could be good for town, as it lets us know who would want to break the tie, but that could also be an experienced wolf setting up the wagon for another wolf to lynch the Day Baner, whom he could just bus later and look even better in town's eyes. Not the most solid argument, I know, but without a seer and a network which seems to be actively be preventing me from strategizing with them, it's all I have to go on at this point.

I also have an FoS on Lex-Kat for general inactivity, and because mathematically, with Libro cleared, Flat-Foot cleared (by Libro's admission), and Black-Socks (whom I have a town lean on) all villagers, it doesn't leave us a lot of wolves left, and I don't think Elenna is one. Although maybe only one wolf is active, and the other is Bunny of Faith or Luizeu. Don't know.

Ramsus
2016-06-23, 12:57 PM
Ah. Well took my vote off of a gone person. Norman, sounds like your case against Libro is a lot stronger than your case against me. If there's a network you're part of it sure doesn't sound like it was a network decision to lynch me which is..... weird. You guys should be working together and have top suspects and.... yeah sounds like you somehow "have a plan" that involves having no idea what to do at any point in time at all. That very strongly sounds like a wolf play to me.

I'm ok being the alternate lynch wagon for today I guess. Seems like there's basically three scenarios here. I'm a wolf trying to get the network to kill itself (though if that's the case you think I'd actually remember who was and wasn't playing), the network is being led by or infiltrated by wolves and is thus useless or actively anti-town at the moment, or there's someone not part of it like Elenna or Lex (maybe, I'm not a part of it so how would I know) who is wolf buddies either with each other and one of Luizeu and Bunny or just by themselves with both of those last two.

In that first scenario.... *shrug*

In that second scenario we basically need to lynch Libro right now or they need to figure out who in their network is a wolf misleading them.

In the third, Elenna is slightly less likely since she voted to lynch one of those two inactives. Then again it could be her and Lex and she could have just voted for the one that wasn't a wolf (or Luizeu might be about to autolynch and they know it and figured they might as well use it to make themselves look town).

So... yeah.... *shrug* If the network was functioning as something useful I should be even having to look over the scenario this in depth in public like this. Also, being in fact just an alone uncontacted-the-whole-game villager I have no information at all on which scenario is the best to pursue. Since I'd rather not cost the game for town, I'll just do the "safest" thing and vote for Lex-kat. The blame won't really fall on me for members of the network being duped by the wolves, whereas getting town to destroy an actually good network would be here I suppose. Still all members of the network should look hard at the other members in it and make sure they're absolutely sure all members are town.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-23, 03:51 PM
Honestly, I'm half inclined to vote for Libro. He's been openly running a network for a while now, has organized said network into lynching some villagers, and weirdly hasn't been killed in the night by the wolves yet. On top of all of that, he has actively been spreading mis-information privately. I'll just come out and say it because I'm just a villager and that this point it doesn't matter if I'm NK'd: Libro has networked with me. So far this network has been him only saying that he has a plan for victory, but revealing nothing of this plan, and last night he actively told me that Lost-Byte was not the Day Baner, but rather covering for another player that was. I don't really know why he would spread mis-information to the network, when all I've done is openly share my reads privately with him. But hey, there hasn't been a counter-claim on him yet, so I'm forced to assume he must be a mason.

I'll throw an opening poke on Ramsus, for tying up the wagon on Lost-Byte last day phase. As he said, that could be good for town, as it lets us know who would want to break the tie, but that could also be an experienced wolf setting up the wagon for another wolf to lynch the Day Baner, whom he could just bus later and look even better in town's eyes. Not the most solid argument, I know, but without a seer and a network which seems to be actively be preventing me from strategizing with them, it's all I have to go on at this point.

I also have an FoS on Lex-Kat for general inactivity, and because mathematically, with Libro cleared, Flat-Foot cleared (by Libro's admission), and Black-Socks (whom I have a town lean on) all villagers, it doesn't leave us a lot of wolves left, and I don't think Elenna is one. Although maybe only one wolf is active, and the other is Bunny of Faith or Luizeu. Don't know.

I have been suspicious of you as a mole. Your suggestion of a mole came across as an attempt to direct attention away from yourself. With regards to the lie last night cycle, it was intended as a test. If Elenna had been taken instead of The-lost-Byte, we would have evidence supporting that you were wolf. Fool scried you last night as villager, which, as mentioned during the BoP lynch, has a chance of being correct. The other mason remaining has not revealed themselves to keep themselves safe.

My only guess as to why the wolves haven't taken me is that I am not an unknown nor a particularly powerful role on my own, and have provided limited benefits to town.

The network could probably be more useful than it is at present. It's likely caused by a mix of my ineptitude and want to protect the members.

Having thought about it, Ramsus, while not the most helpful, comes off to me like Silent_Interim did. Given how that turned out, I am wary of proceeding in that direction.

Analysis:
Elenna:scried as shadow by fool, I had thought her trustworthy enough to set up test for norman250 with her, so she knew about the day-baner.

norman250:brought up possibility of mole in network, scried as town

Lex-kat: scried as police, BoP voted for Disc Lorde instead of her, under pretense of adding pressure. Given that BoP flipped wolf, it could be that Lex is wolf.

Ramsus: may be a wolf or town, no strong evidence either way

I'll vote Lex-kat, going upon residual feeling about the situation of her vs BoP.

Please ask if something should be reworded/clarified.

norman250
2016-06-23, 04:06 PM
I suggested you had a mole because you told me C'Nor was your seer contact the night she died. I figured if you told me, you must have told other people, and that to me made it seem like you had a mole. That's all.

Your reasoning that BoP may have tried to save Lex is part of the reason why I also find her suspect, and I actually found Ramsus' last post to be very well reasoned and came across like town, so I'll switch to Lex-Kat, let's see what we get.

Also, for the sake of being open and honest, your "test" actually means nothing, ultimately.
If I was a wolf, I would not kill Elenna, as it would obviously mark me as a wolf.
If Elenna was a wolf, she would kill lost-byte.
If ANYONE ELSE WAS A WOLF, they would kill lost-byte because they publicly claimed day-baner and they would have no reason not to target them.
Not a whole lot of information to be learned, actually, all it did was confuse me.

ThePhantom
2016-06-24, 09:10 PM
End of Day 6

Christine may have been trapped on the top floor of the building, but the staff had not lost hope that they would escape. And then Carlotta spoke up, pointing out an important fact, Andre and Firmin had been shot and there was only one person in the office who they knew carried a gun. They quickly turn towards the distracted Alexia and rush her. Barely avoiding the bullets, they pin her down.

"You think that this is over, just because you got me? Hahaha!!!!! The grasshopper has been set and the scorpion hidden. You'll are all doomed!"

Summary: Lex-kat was lynched, she was the phantom.
Night 6 begins.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-25, 07:59 AM
Awww. You got me. :smalltongue: Good luck, wolves. :smallamused:

ThePhantom
2016-06-26, 07:50 PM
End of Night 6

What did she means 'the grasshopper has been set'? That is the question one many people's minds. It would be something nasty and an officer of the law steps forward to go and find that out. A pity that doing so results in falling prey to a nasty trap involving a fire axe.

Summary:
Black socks was killed, he was police.
Day 7 begins.

Black Socks
2016-06-26, 08:21 PM
Officer Robertson- alias Billy Samuels- lay cold and still on the floor. In his hand he clutched his late-night snack; an apple-cranberry granola bar.
His last apple-cranberry granola bar..... ever.

OOC: Well, guess they found me out. Good luck town. Libro, fellow police officer.... you know what to do.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-26, 08:28 PM
"Well, that ain't good." After thinking awhile, Old Joe mused aloud. "Of the active individuals left, Elenna and Ramsus are the most suspicious to me. What do the rest of y'all think?"

Ramsus
2016-06-26, 10:24 PM
I think yesterday should have proven well enough I'm town. So I guess I vote for Elenna if that's the network opinion?

norman250
2016-06-27, 12:33 AM
Well, I'm not ruling out Ramsus until the game is over and the player list has a villager by your name, but yes, I think you came across as town last day phase, and I'm going to take the chance that it wasn't a bus and give you a town lean.

Where is everyone?

BTW, ThePhantom, Fleeing Coward and The-lost-byte should be crossed out on the list in the first post. :smallsmile:

Nobody is really looking particularly suspicious right now. Luizeu, any thoughts on the game?

This comes across as wolf to me. Luizeu hasn't had ANY activity this game, and the whole "no one is suspicious" then pointing at an inactive player may have been an attempt to preemptively drawing attention away from Lex, whom Libro, the only open network member at the time, had voted for the previous day (Libro did switch that vote to SI, but still). Could be a slip up, but Elenna has been participating about as much as everyone else, and reasonably should have known that Luizeu was inactive. So, while I can not speak on behalf of the entire network, I am inclined to lean with Elenna.

I'd like to hear more from flat-footed, but Libro has been publicly adamant about the C'Nor clearing Flat-Footed before they died, so I'll assume they're safe.

I am still a little curious as to why Libro hasn't been got since he's the village's public mouth-piece, and I do think it's weird that this late in the game he made a post without committing to a vote. I also think it's worth mentioning that Libro did not actually vote for Lex-Kat last phase, as he didn't vote in red, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight. I have to assume that after I publicly came out that Libro was networking me last day phase, Black Socks (being police) would have at the VERY least privately told me that Libro was lying about being police if Libro was a wolf. Thus I am inclined to believe Libro is town as well. This leaves Ramsus and Elenna in my mind, and as I stated earlier, I'm inclined to go with Elenna for now.
It's possible that one of the inactives are wolves, but since a NK came in last night, I doubt it.

Grand Arbiter
2016-06-27, 06:30 AM
Well, I'm not ruling out Ramsus until the game is over and the player list has a villager by your name, but yes, I think you came across as town last day phase, and I'm going to take the chance that it wasn't a bus and give you a town lean.

This comes across as wolf to me. Luizeu hasn't had ANY activity this game, and the whole "no one is suspicious" then pointing at an inactive player may have been an attempt to preemptively drawing attention away from Lex, whom Libro, the only open network member at the time, had voted for the previous day (Libro did switch that vote to SI, but still). Could be a slip up, but Elenna has been participating about as much as everyone else, and reasonably should have known that Luizeu was inactive. So, while I can not speak on behalf of the entire network, I am inclined to lean with Elenna.

I'd like to hear more from flat-footed, but Libro has been publicly adamant about the C'Nor clearing Flat-Footed before they died, so I'll assume they're safe.

I am still a little curious as to why Libro hasn't been got since he's the village's public mouth-piece, and I do think it's weird that this late in the game he made a post without committing to a vote. I also think it's worth mentioning that Libro did not actually vote for Lex-Kat last phase, as he didn't vote in red, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight. I have to assume that after I publicly came out that Libro was networking me last day phase, Black Socks (being police) would have at the VERY least privately told me that Libro was lying about being police if Libro was a wolf. Thus I am inclined to believe Libro is town as well. This leaves Ramsus and Elenna in my mind, and as I stated earlier, I'm inclined to go with Elenna for now.
It's possible that one of the inactives are wolves, but since a NK came in last night, I doubt it.

•I didn't post a vote because it was late, I was tired, and the day just started so I figured I'd try to provoke discussion.

•My vote will be for Elenna, with my reasoning in the spoiler:
If Elenna is a wolf, I would be inclined to believe that they would be the Head of Fire. They played more town at the start, having voted for wolves on days two and three, and on day four their vote went from a wolf to the seer. It could be that she had finally networked with the other wolves, and changed her vote to try to save BoP.

Elenna's votes were:
Day 1):Silent_Interim=found to be town
Day 2):Lex-kat=Phantom
Day 3):BasketofPuppies=a shadow
Day 4):BasketofPuppies->C'nor=a shadow->seer
Day 5):The-lost-Byte=day baner
Day 6):Luizeu=unknown inactive

It may be worth noting that both The-lost-Byte and C'nor were night killed during the night cycle after which Elenna voted for them.
•@flat_footed: Please share your thoughts. A silent player, even if town without a doubt, should share their thoughts.

•Not coloring my vote was a whoopsie on my part :smallredface: I thought I had posted Lex's name in color.

•I wish I knew why the wolves weren't taking me out. I have expected to be taken each of the previous nights. My only guess is that it's because my role is known.