PDA

View Full Version : Pirates III- At Forum's End

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Funkyodor
2007-07-04, 03:17 PM
Blurry eyes focus on the handy pamphlet being passed out by deck hands 'How to Spot a Nefarious Pirate!. Same eyes roam over Castaras...

Hmm...
Pirate Hat, Check
Cutlass, Check
Rum, Check
Eyepatch, ...Uh, no...
Peg Leg, ...Uh, no...
Hook Hand, ...Uh, no...
Parrot, ...Uh, no...
Odor that Wakes the Dead, ...Uh, no...
Scurvy (optional), ...Uh, no...
Damn, 3 of 9. Not a pirate! I bet it's not even a reall cutlass. I wonder who else is around...

Finger darts around until finally *pointing at Calamity*

Castaras
2007-07-04, 03:47 PM
(( I just had to make an avvie when you said that... :smalltongue: ))

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7378/castarasplayerlolpirategz0.png

Arr. *Waves foam cutlass around* I be a pirate, curse ye!

evnafets
2007-07-04, 03:49 PM
Well then, if you say so ...
evnafets points at Castaras

Yes she might just be joking. But she might also be using this disguise to hide right in plain sight.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-04, 03:50 PM
(So, what, you need 5 or more to be a real pirate?

That means I don't qualify! I take offense to that, don'cher know. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue: )

Castaras
2007-07-04, 03:51 PM
(So, what, you need 5 or more to be a real pirate?

That means I don't qualify! I take offense to that, don'cher know. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue: )

(( A faint voice is heard, whispering on a breeze.

Decken...ninja...Decken...the ninja...Decken...Ninja...

:smallwink: ))

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-04, 04:03 PM
(I hope this 'faint voice' doesn't mind a facefull o' cutlass. :smallyuk: :smalltongue: )

Madmal
2007-07-04, 04:11 PM
(well i think i'd be a foolish idea to talk who was the pirate on that game...so i'll just keep my IC mouth shut:smalltongue: )

faerwain
2007-07-04, 04:41 PM
After spending most of the day meditating(read: annyoing the Master Of Deck with questions) about that post count mystery, Faerwain seems to have come to a solution: Everywhere around he places little yellow "Post it" notes, with random numbers on them.

"Dat pirate wants post counts? Well, can count post!" A great bunch of posts is glued around the door of Faerwain's cabin to irritate El J.
Satisfied that this will keep the pirate busy and him safe, Faerwain goes for a drink and giggles as he puts an "stabbity me!" post on evnafets back.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-04, 06:43 PM
((he's Magtok...it's like asking a turtle to grow wings...:smallbiggrin: ))

((Seeing as I was Tinker Bell last game that's not all that unusual... and I'm sure I could get some wings added to my avie if I really worked on it))

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-04, 07:48 PM
Hmm.... You fit the bill.

EK points at Van der Decken.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-04, 07:49 PM
Well, Vonriel did put up a good case and in every other game I've seen those using early game logic turned out to be up to no good.

Fleeing decides that as suspicious as he is of that sneak called Artemis, there is bigger fish to fry. Fleeing moves his point to JX.

doliemaster
2007-07-04, 08:18 PM
Doliemaster recalls something and screams, "Wait, Hyrmgraf did ONE thing before death, point at artemis, could it be he got to close to the truth?" Doliemaster points at Artemis97

Artemis97
2007-07-04, 08:32 PM
*sigh*

"Now why are you pointing at me?"

doliemaster
2007-07-04, 08:39 PM
*sigh*

"Now why are you pointing at me?"

A. I think I have evidence.

B.If I am wrong, well no one else is pointing at you, there is NO way you will get lynched today.

Artemis97
2007-07-04, 08:40 PM
okay, but if a bandwagon turns against me today, I'm coming back and haunting you.

doliemaster
2007-07-04, 08:58 PM
okay, but if a bandwagon turns against me today, I'm coming back and haunting you.

It won't, trust me, I'm a whale biologist:smallbiggrin: .

evnafets
2007-07-04, 09:25 PM
Ok, so pointing at Castaras accomplished nothing. I honestly DO think she is playing us for fools - hiding right out it plain sight. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, if its a tossup between Vonriel and Jontom Xire, then I'll cast my vote this way:

evnafets points at Vonriel

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-04, 10:37 PM
As the sun sets and the moon peeks above the sea line, the crowd finally decides that Vonriel is a pirate and should walk the plank. "You fools! I was going to use this on Zombie Rock Star, but I can't let you kill me; not while he lives!
He runs over to a picture of a black dragon and holds up a ring with a bizarre design and speaks
"Nethelyrie, I stand in my gallery and I summon you to me. It is I, Vonriel of the Legion, who calls you. Will you help me in my time of need?" A large black dragon steps through the painting and snarls at the lynch mob. They all retreat back and flee from her. In gratitude, Vonriel hugs the British Beast. Nethelyrie growls in anger at the hug, turns and swallows Vonriel whole.

(Nethelyrie Ebonheart was the dragon that Saithis Bladewing played before she did her Shadow-Tiara avatar look.)

The passengers search his room and find several angry letters to and from Zombie Rock Star. They also find an official purple seal of The Legion of Fran.

*Vonriel was lynched eaten. He was Korith and a member of The Legion.

Night begins and will end at 11PM EST on Thursday.
PM all night actions to Indurain, Alarra, and Atreyu the Masked Llama. If we don't get back to you by that night, IM us or PM us again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-04, 11:49 PM
Meanwhile, Bookman has begun his new round of Playground Squares in the game room. All nine squares show up and Bookman introduces them.

{table=head]{colsp=3}X-TREME PLAYGROUND SQUARES!
Faerwain|Inky|Calamity
The Almighty One|Serlahc|Kyrian
Malmagor|Castaras|Vicarin[/table]

Castaras is the first to notice the new addition to her square. She speaks up in protest to the swarm of poisonous spiders in a box at her feet. She tries to leave her square only to find that the door is locked behind her and that glass covers the opening in the front. The other squares find themselves in similar situations. Bookman starts laughing hysterically.

"HAHAHAHA! Ratings are down and fewer people have been in the thread, but this...this will bring the people back. No one cares about the contestants. They only want to see people answer questions and they want violence. I'll give them both. I'll ask each of you a question. Get it right and live! Get it wrong and die."

"Faerwain, who invented Stabbity Death?"
I believe it was the noble, Mr. Bob."
*The bell dings and Faerwain slumps back into his chair in relief.*

"Inky, who was the llama hunter who retired and became a duck?"
"ummm....SquishyCube"
*The buzzer sounds and gallons of tapioca pudding pours into the sealed square until it is flooded. Alas, Inky drowns amidst its tasty goodness.*

"Calamity, whenever Indurain and Atreyu wrestled in the Ethereal Plane, who did Indurain emulate?"
"I wasn't there for this, but I think it had to be Edg..no...it was Hogan!"
*The bell dings as Calamity wins the right to continue to live.*

"The Almighty One, what was the name of Reijas' talking toad?"
"Alexander?"
*The buzzer sounds and 8 dire poison dart toads fall into the square with The Almighty One. Its a brutal but short battle and at the end 5 frogs and The Almighty One are dead.*

Serlahc, in Town, what is the name of El Jaspero's polar bear pet?
"I don't follow Town anymore. This is wrong."
*The buzzer sounds as the side panel of the undead hippo's square slides away revealing a holy symbol of Kyrian. It bathes the zombie in holy light and soon the hippo is no more.*

"Kyrian, name 3 people who have died more than once in Town."
"Gezina, Atreyu, and Greeny."
*The bell dings and Kyrian gets to relax*

"Malgamor, what name did Archives Ninja go by for a while?"
"She changed her name to Jora, but I stabbitied her anyway."
*The bell dings as Mal pantomimes stabbing the Teifing.*

Castaras, what outdoor game has traditionally been played at GitP meet-ups?"
"You mean, traditionally, as in March? That's Kubb."
*The bell dings and all the spiders stay in their box.*

"Vicarin, what avatarist defected from Narf and joined The Legionaries?
"It was Ceika."
*The buzzer sounds and an arrow flies from somewhere, impaling Vicarin.*

*Bookman turns to the horrified crowd.* "That's it for tonight's show! Join us next time."

*Inky, Serlahc, The Almighty One, and Vicarin were autolynched. They were all villagers.*

Vonriel
2007-07-05, 12:03 AM
(( *tear*

*sniffle*

For the Legion! ... morons. :smalltongue: Oh, and Zombie, didn't today work out quite smashingly for you? :smallyuk:

I think I should stay away from the Pirates games, I have a rather high mortality rate in them. ))

Vonriel's ghost sighs as he looks at the ship. Just had to get me killed.. well, no hard feelings. He floats on up into the sky, to check on the afterlife buffet. Maybe they'll have a better bar there.

Funkyodor
2007-07-05, 12:52 AM
"Poor Vonriel, man we're not very good at this are we. Two days and two non-pirates down."

Wiping tears of laughter from his eyes at the vision of Castaras in full 'Pie'-rate mode he retires to his cabin and make preparations for another long night.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-05, 02:34 AM
Woah, that's a lot of posts while I was sleeping.

Firstly, apologies to Calamity. I had you in one section of my voting records, but not the other. It's a complicated spreadsheet, what can I say.

Secondly, I'm sorry Vonriel was lynched. For reasons I won't go into there would have been a slight benefit to my being lynched even if not very much. However his rant and rave about how everyone is following me around on made up evidence that never finds a wolf on day 2 is wrong for several reasons.

1) In two previous games I have found a wolf on day 2.

2) Evidence is never very definite, but I don't make stuff up. I observe patterns. Those patterns may be randomly formed, or may be the result of pirate activity, but I just report what I see. Evidence doesn't make proof. I fully accept that, and I don't think I'm in the habit of definitely stating that people are wolves. As far as I am aware I am in the habit of reporting that I find someone's behaviour suspicious for reasons x, y, and z. I take exception to Vonriel's and other's claims that I manufacture evidence. If you don't believe tthe stuff I quote as evidence, go read the threads yourselves and double check what I say. I cannot post using other people's usernames and that is the only way to manufacture evidence.

3) None of this manufactured evidence points at Vonriel. You want manufactured evidence?

Jontom is pulling this stuff out of his backside, folks. And you're blindly following him.

Since I understand the desire to play the game to its fullest, I won't bring up how hard he's worked to get me dead. In fact, I want to stay alive as much as he wants to kill me. But, that's just it, isn't it? I want to stay alive, he wants me dead. He's even gone so far to invent his "proof" so he can lead you on to accomplish that goal.

It's a little out of context, but check my posts. At no point in this game so far have I posted any theories or evidence, invented, manufactured, or otherwise, to show a suspicion of Vonriel. So Vonriel is claiming people are pointing at him because they're following me? But I was one of the last people to point at him and never suggested to anyone else that they should do so! As a matter of fact it was Zar Peter who started the point against Vonriel, and someone else who posted a fairly big argument in favour. Curiously, at position 4, it's Pingcode!

Vonriel has been lynched, so you probably all think this is irrelevant. I don't. The thing is that there are several people in this game who, like Vonriel, and for whatever reasons, post illogical, incorrect, and extremely biased stuff against me. I don't really mind being lynched because someone finds a good logical theory, even if it is incorrect, but I do object being lynched on the basis of a tissue of lies and illogic such as Vonriel's post.

Castaras
2007-07-05, 02:34 AM
Arr! Woohoo! Another down!

Castaras starts to head back to her quarters, when the pegleg comes clean off. She picks it up and continues to hop off.

Stupid poisonous spiders...if only I had Ilvari there...she'd be able to sort that insane guy out...and give us back the REAL Bookman...

(( That was an awesome autolynch scene, btw. ))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-05, 08:03 AM
I know your logic makes sense JX but I find that more often than not, pirates are not going to be the ones that gets a bandwagon moving and are more likely to wait for a bandwagon to be underway before they climb on.
As for what I think, stating that you're a pirate is a pretty good way to avoid people thinking that you are actually a pirate so Castaras is on my list but I find Akaziel, Kyrian and evnafets are abit more suspicious for various reasons.
Akaziel for turning a few votes into a bandwagon on both lynches, Kyrian for been under the radar and coming out only to vote on an established bandwagon and there's just something fishy about evnafet's votes even though the only evidence I have is of him casting the deciding vote.
Finally there's Magtok, even though he says that he's voting Shadow just because he didn't want to vote one way or another, I just don't trust him considering that we all pretty much know exactly what Shadow is.

Madmal
2007-07-05, 08:17 AM
I knew it!
Vonriel was innocent!
(both) told ya so!

Well, now onto serious stuff:

Jx, i'm offended, some of us do try to pay atention too, i'm just lazy to try to explain myself to others, besides, i've ha bad experiences in the past with long posts.

an yes, I'm susupicios of Castaras, but also of Zar Peter, i'll try to check, according to who is killed at the end of this night.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-05, 08:27 AM
Is that blood on your scimitar that I see Mal?

Madmal
2007-07-05, 08:38 AM
and is that paranoia what i see in your head?
probably, and mixed with that daltonism..
*Mal brings a laid-down couch and tosses FC into it, while holding a notepad and sitting in another sofa*

So vat do you zink of ze mutter?:smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-05, 08:54 AM
I'm taking this boat to visit my mother, some dirty scoundrel knifed her in the back during a robbery.
So now how did you know about my mother?

Vonriel
2007-07-05, 11:15 AM
Vonriel's ghost tries to knock Malmagor on the head, but his fist just passes through. Stupid incorporealness. You got the accent all wrong, Mal! It's "So, vhat do ze sink of ze mutter?" Muttering about wannabe psychiatrists, Vonriel floats off to continue haunting the ship. I hope I gave that dragon indigestion..

(( @v >.> <.< No idea what you're talking about. ))

Jontom Xire
2007-07-05, 11:30 AM
Umm, shouldn't it be:

So vat do you zink of ze mutter?

Castaras
2007-07-05, 11:32 AM
Crap, wrong thread.

Arr.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-05, 01:22 PM
(*Points and laughs*)

Madmal
2007-07-05, 01:38 PM
whoops, sorry...

what can i say; i've been writing english as good as possible since i was 7...but i was never taught how to write accents:smalltongue:

*smacks Vonriel with a ghost-touched guinea pig*

Indurain
2007-07-05, 08:17 PM
PM's will be responded to in 1 hour, you have until then to send in all night actions. Anything receieved after 10:20 PM EST, will not be accepted.

Thank you,

Your friendly, neighbourhood narrators

doliemaster
2007-07-05, 08:43 PM
Doliemaster laughs insanely crying a little saying,"Man, TWICE I have seen yal' screw up now, and by the end of the night 8 total innocents dead, only two by pirate, with two dead by yal' and four by that crazy ghost, non are my fault, so I get to go guilt free." He chuckles all the way to what appears to be, again a random direction, still holding his dolie-covered bag, full of ham sandwhichs.

Indurain
2007-07-05, 10:06 PM
All PM's have been sent out, but Indy's having computer issues, so the update will have to wait on the Llama. I do not know when that will be...but...I promise something REALLY exciting in this one...so keep your eyes peeled.

Thank you for your patience,

Us, the good guys.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-05, 10:51 PM
If you are not Fleeing Coward, please read:

Fortunately, you wake up in the morning.
Unfortunately, one of your fellow passengers didn't.
Fortunately, breakfast is very tasty.
Unfortunately, the body of Fleeing Coward is found during the breakfast.
Fortunately, a search of his room reveals that he was a passenger.
Unfortunately, the pirates are one person closer to harvesting you all for your tasty tasty post counts.

If you are Fleeing Coward, please read:

Fortunately, you hear someone creeping around outside your cabin door and wake up.
Unfortunately, you forgot to lock the door to your cabin.
Fortunately, you're a master of hand to hand combat.
Unfortunately, they have swords and hand to sword combat is not your specialty.
Fortunately, you also have a sword.
Unfortunately, you keep it in a drawer.
Fortunately, the drawer is in the bedstand, right by your bed.
Unfortunately, the drawer is locked.
Fortunately, you manage to pick the lock.
Unfortunately, while you were distracted, El Jaspero stabbitied you.
Fortunately, the first stabbity is only a flesh wound.
Unfortunately, the next 20 stabbities are fatal.

Fleeing Coward was killed by the Pirates. He was a passenger.
Its now Daytime. Day ends at 11:00 PM EST on Saturday.
One last thing to mention. If you change your vote, you MUST edit your previous post to cross out your old vote. We almost had the wrong person lynched because of this confusion. Failure to cross out your old vote may result in your new vote not being counted. If you do not know how to cross out your old vote, please let a narrator know.

Today will be a day in port on SMBG island. You may shop at the different tourist traps using the coins given to you at the beginning of the game.

How to Shop:

PM Narrators with which tourist attraction you would like to visit and how many coins you would like to spend (1,2, or 3).

Tourist Attractions:

Trog’s Tavern – Specializing in protective gear and other misc. goods

Alarra’s Gems – Specializing in tools granting “second sight” and other misc. goods

City Hall – Specializing in ways to make yourself heard or others not…and other misc. goods.

Spending Coins:

You can spend 1, 2, or 3 of your coins shopping. Keep in mind you only have 5 coins for the whole trip. The more coins you spend the better your chances are of finding an item that can be used in game. Example: Spending 1 coin could make your odds 1 in 20, 2 coins – 1 in 10, 3 coins – 1 in 5. (Note: These are not the actual odds, just used as an example).

Items purchased cannot be used on the day they are purchased.

Any questions? Find a Narrator.

Vonriel
2007-07-05, 10:55 PM
(( ....

It would figure that I die the day before we get to go shopping. :smallsigh: ))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-05, 11:03 PM
((...Think how I feel dying during the night? I was having such nice dreams too))

Vonriel
2007-07-05, 11:12 PM
(( Yeah, but yours was unavoidable. Mine could've been prevented had everyone decided to lynch a pirate instead of a mason :smallbiggrin: ))

Vhaidara
2007-07-05, 11:49 PM
If possible, Bookboy left his coins to Artemis97.

Helgraf
2007-07-06, 12:22 AM
I didn't vote yesterday for two reasons. The first, and most obvious, is I had no access to the computer due to a combination of others usage and late night thunderstorms.

The second reason, aided and abetted by the first was simpler. I wanted to see what you would do if I didn't voice an opinion. The results have been interesting, but they've not shaken my initial viewpoint. In fact, now that a mason lies dead, it feels that much more certain, when compiled with the first day's results.

* Helgraf points at Jontom Xire *

I have no way of proving you're a passenger and the way the cards have fallen both a villager and a mason have fallen each time a lynch has been barking on your heels. This, frankly, seems far too convienient to me.

Now, for some rambling that you're not obligated to read.

Now, everybody, I'm going to forestall a lengthy bit of tripe where Jontom tries to accuse me of having a vendetta against him. I've already had to listen to it in PMs, but I expect anytime I point at him from now on, he's going to try and paint it as some sort of vendetta and not a point made on the facts / voting / results as I perceive them. Since neither one of us is going to change our own viewpoint, that leaves us here. Make of it what you will.

More rambling, tangentially related, but possibly a strawman issue. Take with salt.

It's amazing that he rambles on about how skilled players should be kept on in preference to 'less skilled' ones, then can't seem to handle it when there's people who decide that that very skill makes him too dangerous to keep around. Well, that's really a shame, but I'm not changing my voting habits because someone thinks I'm 'out to get them'. If that was the case, I'd have been all over EK like a cheap suit in every game we've been in; he's given me far more cause to be suspicious of him without cause in any given iteration of wolf/mafia/etc than Jontom ever has. On the other hand, in every game that I've pointed at Jontom Xire, I've done it either because A) His postings make me suspicious OR B) He's gone out on a limb to identify me as suspicous, often on the flimsiest of evidence, OR C) Because thumbing him is a great way to get the other power players to tip their hands. One way or another, putting his name in the Hat tends to draw reactions, and that, frankly, can be a gold mine in games like this.

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 01:05 AM
As usual, I'm going to start off pointing at Pingcode20, in keeping with my fatalistic viewpoint I've adopted for this round of Pirates.

At least until something crops up, of course.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-06, 01:10 AM
((Of course mine was avoidable, just needed the baner to develop psychic powers :smallbiggrin: ))

Indurain
2007-07-06, 01:12 AM
((Note: The Passing of coins is not allowed in this game...especially by deceased players.))

Jontom Xire
2007-07-06, 01:31 AM
My suspicions haven't changed since yesterday. If anyone wants a recap, PM me.

Jontom Xire points at Pingcode20.

Just as a quick note to anyone building networks (including myself), be careful about passing out too much information about people's roles. As one of my contacts pointed out, until we get Lord Magtok (and wouldn't it be funny if Lord Magtok was Lord Magtok), the cultists can recruit anyone, and then will immediately get that role. Of course we have a common cause with the cultists; getting rid of the pirates.

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 01:52 AM
I, for one, know I'm not a pirate, but I can't prove that.

However, I'd like to point out that if/when I'm lynched, and I turn out to be an innocent, I am of the belief that JX will be called into question.

A few assumptions I believe could be made. Shadow is a verified innocent, and presumably is in contact with all three scriers and the baner. This means that if JX were an important role, like Alarra (Seer) or Indurain (Baner), then he would already have had the opportunity to have me scried, and thus clearing reasonable suspicion.

He has probably been scried himself, being one of the 'big two' suspicious ones, and I hold that I believe him to be El Jaspero. The alternative major role option is that he is Atreyu, and has mis-scried me, or is a passenger.

I will point at JX now, being reasonably assured that I won't kill anyone too important (Again. Sorry, Kyrian.) and in clear conscience.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I am fully aware that my reasoning hinges on me being a passenger. I also understand that my argument can be toppled by claiming I am a pirate. However, to my would be accusers, I am unable to prove my innocence, as no argument I could make, save dying, would allow me to incontrovertibly prove myself innocent.

However, should you choose to lynch me anyway, I am confident that my death will vindicate me, and validate my arguments.

Artemis97
2007-07-06, 02:06 AM
Artemis decides to get off the ship and goes shopping. As she walks onto the island she waves at Jontom Xire.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-06, 02:07 AM
I, for one, know I'm not a pirate, but I can't prove that.

However, I'd like to point out that if/when I'm lynched, and I turn out to be an innocent, I am of the belief that JX will be called into question.

Already have been. And passed muster. But I can't expect anyone who hasn't been notified of this to believe me.

A few assumptions I believe could be made. Shadow is a verified innocent, and presumably is in contact with all three scriers and the baner. This means that if JX were an important role, like Alarra (Seer) or Indurain (Baner), then he would already have had the opportunity to have me scried, and thus clearing reasonable suspicion.

There's a lot of other people in this game, Pingcode, so why would you be at the top of the list to be scried? And no, I don't have an important role <sniff sniff>.

He has probably been scried himself, being one of the 'big two' suspicious ones, and I hold that I believe him to be El Jaspero. The alternative major role option is that he is Atreyu, and has mis-scried me, or is a passenger.

Your logic is way off here I'm afraid. If I had been scried as you claim (I believe I have been), and if the seer is in touch with Shadow (I believe they are), and I was a pirate (I'm not), don't you think Shadow would be yelling "JX is a pirate" at the top of his lungs? Given that this has not happened, how can you say both that I have probably been scried and that you believe me to be El Jaspero? I mean not just any pirate, but the head honcho himself!!!!

You're right that people think I act suspiciously. And you're right that this would make me get scried, especially after I narrowly escaped being lynched by not just one but two bandwagons. So not just to Pingcode, but to ALL those who think I'm a pirate, consider this:

As suspicious as I am, I must have been scried - so why hasn't Shadow come forward declaring that I am a pirate?

There can only be one answer - because I'm not a pirate.

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 02:58 AM
My argument was primarily that if *you* were either the baner or the seer, then *you* would have considered me suspicious enough to have me scried.

If somebody else was at the top of the list, then you wouldn't be gunning for me. Well, unless I was second on the list.

I accuse you of being El J because the Pirate King, as an Alpha, is the only pirate who scries as a non-pirate, as is traditional in Werewolf games. Thus, if you are both pirate and scried, the only possibility is that you are the Head Honcho himself.

I'd like Narrator clarification on that point, though.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-06, 03:49 AM
This is my first game of Pirates, and frankly the rules as posted are incomplete, so I had no idea that "El Jaspero" scried as a passenger. I suspect that other people who have important roles didn't know that either.

I'd also like some other rules clarification. The rules state that the cult win if only cult members are left alive. Does the game end as soon as all pirates are dead or pirates outnumber villagers, or does the game continue to give the cult members a chance to win?

Can anyone point me at a complete set of rules for Pirates? I asked before but got pointed at the Werewolves sticky which only had Werewolves Classic rules, and also at the signup thread which didn't have rules either.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-06, 04:18 AM
((Jontom, the signup thread does have the roles in it, but as mentioned previously the roles were spread throughout as permission was granted to use screen names. I pointed you to those threads because that's all any of us has.

I think many of us would agree, though, that it would be nice to see a fully consolidated rules/roles list in an easy to find place.

Also, it was NOT specified that El J would scry as a passenger. Alpha games commonly do this, but it isn't written in stone anywhere so without it being explicitly spelled out I would not assume that this is the case here.))

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 04:26 AM
((True. We need narrator clarification here.))

Funkyodor
2007-07-06, 04:30 AM
"Ahh, waking up is always so enjoyable when ones alive. It's not so fun when one is dead, I would think."

Funkyodor, wanders the ship, visiting Trog's Tavern for some omlettes & ale then heading to Alaras Gems and City Hall to peruse their wares. Hearing snippets of conversation going on around him.

"I would guess that 'Having someone Scried' is not that easy. Mr. Shadow might get back different answers. Who should he trust? Has anyone tried the Salmon Omlette, It's just Devine!"

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-06, 04:38 AM
Salmon glares at Funkyodor for mentioning Salmon Omlette, then wanders off to inspect the body of Fleeing Coward.

"Ouch, 21 stabbity wounds.. Not a nice way to go."

Jontom Xire
2007-07-06, 05:35 AM
I'm being very very slow here.

In response to information received, which I cannot unfortunately share with you all, I no longer find Pingcode20 suspicious. I may be wrong, and the information is not 100% guaranteeable, but I trust the source more than I trust anything else in this game right now.

That makes my main suspicions right now to be Lord Magtok and Timberwolf, but I'll wait before pointing.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-06, 06:24 AM
(As a promise to the players, in future games, I will no longer attempt to prepare for a Meet-up and prepare for Pirates at the same time as it leads to hassles like this.)

1. If all the pirates are killed, but AMEN is still around, my current belief is that the game will continue until all the AMENites are killed or until everyone is converted. This is subject to change pending Alarra's reply as she is the Lady of AMEN.

2. The wicked Alpha Pirate, El Jaspero, does scry as a passenger.

3. There is no secret taco sidequest....this game.

Did I miss anything?

Vhaidara
2007-07-06, 06:47 AM
(As a promise to the players, in future games, I will no longer attempt to prepare for a Meet-up and prepare for Pirates at the same time as it leads to hassles like this.)

1. If all the pirates are killed, but AMEN is still around, my current belief is that the game will continue until all the AMENites are killed or until everyone is converted. This is subject to change pending Alarra's reply as she is the Lady of AMEN.

Did I miss anything?

(And sometimes I wonder why I still read this. It's because you can always make me laugh with those comments.)

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 07:15 AM
Come to think of it, is there really any reason to actually kill off AMEN?

I mean, the cult can't kill - it can only recruit. And they win when everybody's a cult member.

So if the pirates get killed off, and Magtok is still alive, then unless we're feeling especially vindictive, everybody still alive wins because everybody joins Team AMEN, which proceeds to win.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-06, 08:01 AM
That sounds like something someone with the role of Lord Magtok might say. :smallamused:

Jontom Xire
2007-07-06, 08:26 AM

Did I miss anything?

So I was right to be paranoid about the cultists. I think some people thought they were more or less a null force in the game. Actually they're a real danger which prevents anyone forming a really strong network. Someone might be trustable one round and then untrustable the next. So we need to be really careful who we give info to - assuming we have any :p

Timberwolf
2007-07-06, 11:47 AM
So you're very suspicious of me JX ?

Great, because I still regard you and Supagoof as the likeliest candidates for pirates about here and since I need to point today, I will point at Jontom Xire. if you want evidence, well, We have my initial suspicions, which are still valid (ie I still believe them) plus your wonderful essays when anyone else points at you. Perhaps not the hardest proof of all but enough for me.

Castaras
2007-07-06, 12:08 PM
Arr! I know ye are a villager, Timberwolf! I'll point at ye Timberwolf! Ye shall die! We want your post counts! Yo ho ho, an' all that.

With this, Castaras hops over to the bar to buy some rum, holding her wooden leg in one hand, before hopping along to her square in Playground Squares.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-06, 12:10 PM
Magtok wanders around, hearing various accusations and watches fingers get pointed. He decides to go with the last fingerpoint he saw, and points at Jontom Xire.

He jumps in suprise as Castaras suddenly pulls a simu' ninja, and then changes his point to Timberwolf.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-06, 01:00 PM
Fullbladder, having only recently burst from the violin-case he sleeps in, happily just in time for Shore Leave, decides to be lazy and fails to take in all that has happened while he was trapped. Instead, he takes into consideration all the pointing going on, and gladly extends his point to Jontom Xire.

Khaldan
2007-07-06, 01:01 PM
i am so confused..
*khaldan points at himself to avoid autolynch*

note: i didnt point yesterday(boat time) because my networkcommited suicide.

Calamity
2007-07-06, 03:19 PM
Calamity is still strong in his suspicions, and therefore points at Almighty Salmon

Shadow
2007-07-06, 04:03 PM
Absoultely correct!

The person below me will *point at Calamity.

Zar Peter
2007-07-06, 04:26 PM
Xavier: That was'nt a great success, was it?

ZP: Shut up. Bring me a beer!

X: May I ask who will pay for this after dear Mr. Vonriel disappeared?

ZPmumbles: I have a credit card from my father.

X: And now?

ZP points at evnafets

X: Why?

ZP: I have to point? So I point. My logic has failed. But I don't think Jontom is a pirate. So I point at the person I think is a pirate. No logic, just feeling. And now bring me a beer, I heard they play Who's Next and I don't want to miss it!

Vonriel
2007-07-06, 05:53 PM
Vonriels ghost floats down into the galley and stands beside Xavier. Hey, follow me for a second. He turns around and starts to go through the wall, when Xavier lets out a small cough. Ahh, heh, right, I forgot you don't have that advantage. Very well, the living way, Mr. party-pooper. Vonriel walks through the bar and out the door, leading Xavier to his room. When he gets there, he starts to reach for his safe, when his hand passes through. Ahh, right, stupid incorporeality. Well, the legion obviously can't collect on this, or risk exposing themselves, so I leave it to you. Combination is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. .. What? Of course that's the real combination! Xavier smirks, then pulls out a rather large money pouch.

My word, what's this for?

Just take it, use it for Zar's further drinks, and then buy the ship a round on me. Keep the rest as a tip. After saying that, Vonriel floats up to dance on the deck near the pool.

whitehelm
2007-07-06, 06:10 PM
It seems to me that any plain old passengers should go ahead and use all our coins trying to buy scrying stuff immediately. Say they all do that, and (if they get it) scry as soon as possible on say, the next live person in the player list. Then they post whether its a pirate or cult member publicly (don't post if you find the seer or masons, they're our friends). Even with lying cult members and pirates, and even though we can't find El J, the seer and masons will now have a short list of possible pirates and cult members to check. If a possible villain is confirmed by the seer, we eliminate that person, and if they don't, we eliminate the liar. Thoughts?

Edit: More thoughts. I agree with pingcode that there seems to be no reason to kill off cult members, the only downside seems to be that dead passengers will lose, and if we team up with them, we should be able to take out the pirates faster.

Edit again: Oh yeah, points at Castaras, pretending to be a pirate IS a really good strategy for pirates, and only serves to confuse people if you're a passenger.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-06, 06:18 PM
I was planning on buying protective gear. I like the thought of buying scrying gear....... but that would necessitate that I trust what others are saying they scried.:smallamused:

So... I'm goin' shoppin' and I'll point tomorrow.

*smellie_hippie heads to town with a jingle in his pocket and a jingle in his step*:smalltongue:

whitehelm
2007-07-06, 06:25 PM
No one has to trust the scrying. If a pirate claims a passenger is a pirate, the seer checks if necessary, and we lynch the lying pirate. Plus, whoever's previous in the list will probably have scried him using their item, if we all can scry at about the same time. A couple may slip through the cracks (mainly El J) but the checks and balances should give us most if not all of the pirates eventually.

Bassetking
2007-07-06, 10:26 PM
Levies his finger at Jontom Xire

Bassetking, resplendent in a white Linen lounge suit, straw hat, and Frosty Mojito, steps out onto the deck of the cruise liner.

"Dear Jontom, I fear you do protest too much. Our first few days in these situations are usually crapshoots, and you, sir, have been shooting more crap than most. Your overwhelming desire to be the driving force behind the decisions made is unseemly at best, and pathological at worst. As a Mover and Shaker, you realize, sir, the picture this paints. With the death of a mason, and of a passenger on your hands, I'm uncertain I can continue to tack under your mast, as it were."

He shakes his head, sips his Mojito, and breathes through his teeth.

"A sorry business, all around. Chin up, though; it helps with the rope."

evnafets
2007-07-06, 10:42 PM
Yesterday I tried pointing at Akaziel and Castaras at various points. Nobody followed me. My reasons for pointing:

- Akaziel for jumping onto well established bandwagons quietly, and not saying much else
- Castaras for dancing around saying "I is a Pirate" - so much so that noone takes her seriously - what better camouflage than that?

evnafets points at Castaras

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 11:03 PM
Come to think of it, can we transfer items?

Indurain
2007-07-06, 11:07 PM
No. Items may not be transferred. Also to clarify, you may only pick 1 tourist attraction to shop at during this stop. There will be 2 other shopping stops during this cruise.

Anyone who I had a PM from with shopping requests should have recieved their reply by now. If not, please send your PM to me again.

A reminder that you have until the end of the voting period to get your shopping requests in. EVERYONE can shop, that includes Pirates, Special roles, AMENites, and passengers...don't miss out!

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

Your Narrators.

whitehelm
2007-07-07, 01:49 AM
Ok...a small snafu, my new scrying tool is 50/50, and presumably others will be too, so we can't just pick off wrong people. The seer will still get a short scrying list that'll most likely have some pirates, but most likely only one or two. Does anyone have any better plans?

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-07, 02:57 AM
We could always have everyone who scried a pirate post it, but not point at the pirates until the seer scries them aswell. Assuming the seer is in contact with Shadow by now.

As much as I want to, I really don't think that pretending to be a pirate is a good reason to accuse someone. It shouldn't really be affecting your suspicions.

I see the sense in your suspicions of Azakiel, though.
*points at Azakiel*

Castaras
2007-07-07, 03:00 AM
Arrr...

Castaras slowly walks to the edge of the boat. A grumpy pie looks up at her.

Pie! Ye die a pirate-stabbity death because I'm bored!

Jontom Xire
2007-07-07, 05:04 AM
I have to admit that Castaras' over-acted pirate is a bit suspicious. And yes I find Timberwolf suspicious.

However I am now at home and my spreadsheet is at work, so today I'm going to just have to follow Shadow's lead and point at Calamity.

I've also come to realise that in THIS game, to much theorising can give stuff away. Revealing that you have information could get you recruited by the cult. So I think there will be times when we'll just have to put our trust in those we know do a good job. Like Shadow. Which is one reason I'm following his point.

In the same way as we cannot always give reasons for our theories in this game, I cannot give reasons why I shouldn't be lynched, but I can assure you there are some, such as I presented earlier, in that if I was a pirate, the seer must have scried me, and so I would have Shadow pointing at me not Calamity.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-07, 06:54 AM
Raldor points at Jontom Xire

because he's giving me a headache.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-07, 06:59 AM
Almighty Salmon points at Jontom Xire

I do find it weird how everyone followed your suspicions and a death or two came of it.

pingcode20
2007-07-07, 07:35 AM
Sorry - I got a Scry Alarm. It's a shame it couldn't be transferred - otherwise I would have sent it off down to Shadow to pass on to whoever's Indy.

The good news is that it's 100% accurate, though - even if it only does work once.

Funkyodor
2007-07-07, 07:51 AM
While dowing as many mimosas as possible to help ease his troubled mind. Funkyodor *Points at Calamity

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-07, 11:21 AM
As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man,
I have chalked up many a mile.
Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks,
And I've learned much from both of their styles

And that leads me to point at Jontom Xire.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-07, 11:48 AM
*smellie_hippie points at Castaras*

Hide in plain sight my dear friend? Say hello to Davy Jones...

*smellie_hippie wonders how well stocked the bar is on this barge*:smallconfused:

Smithwicks on draft please? I need to wash down this sour taste...:smallamused:

Castaras
2007-07-07, 01:27 PM
Arr! I be a pirate! C'mon, stupid townsfolk, point at me! Ye know ye want ta, ye scurvy knaves! If ye don't lynch me, ye'll walk the plank!

Castaras staggers backwards, bottle o' rum in her hand.

Yo ho ho, m'hearties...

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-07, 01:29 PM
Arr! I be a pirate! C'mon, stupid townsfolk, point at me! Ye know ye want ta, ye scurvy knaves! If ye don't lynch me, ye'll walk the plank!

Uhm, Can't really argue with that..

*points at Castaras*

Bassetking
2007-07-07, 01:33 PM

Castaras staggers backwards, bottle o' rum in her hand.

Yo ho ho, m'hearties...

Switches his finger to Cassie

"You know, I wouldn't have taken you for the type to run around holding a lightning rod, and shouting "Gods have poor aim", Cassie."

Castaras
2007-07-07, 01:36 PM
Switches his finger to Cassie

"You know, I wouldn't have taken you for the type to run around holding a lightning rod, and shouting "Gods have poor aim", Cassie."

Arrr...maaaaybe...

Castaras hiccups, pointing at herself.

Voooottee...Casshiiiiiie....SHhheee a piraaate...

She falls over backwards, the wooden peg leg falling off again. The pie with feathers stuck in it runs off as fast as it can.

Ink
2007-07-07, 01:37 PM
He jumps in suprise as Castaras suddenly pulls a simu' ninja...

Ink sits at the bar with a margarita and writes haiku.

There's room for but one
simu-ninja on this ship.
What are you doing?

Do not encroach on
my territory. And we'll
get along fine. Yes?

Ink folds up the note and has it sent to Castaras. He then finishes his drink and goes off to the island to do some shopping.

((I'm starting to find the hide in plain sight jig a wee bit suspicious too.))

((Hey the narrator lies, I've managed to unlock the secret taco sidequest! All you have to do is post 19 times in the 3,2,1 Countdown thread, roll a d20 until you get three consecutive 7s, then press Esc + Space + F5 + H + Pg Down + Shift and howl at the moon. Trust me, it's definitely worth it. The sidequest is better than the game itself!))

Madmal
2007-07-07, 02:12 PM
Mal points at Calamity

she's probably drunk...after all she's 14...probably she doesn't hold the liquor very well..

looks who's talking...neither can mantain our heads too...

true dat...

hmmm...i'm having the munchies...

tell you what, if she's killed and she wasn't a smbger, we'll apply to your standards...

and if not?:smallconfused:

hmmm...*looks around* dunno...gimme some time...

Indurain
2007-07-07, 02:25 PM
((Note: Indurain is heading out for a day of Transformers movies. He'll be around later at which point he will finish sending out the shopping PM's. If you are waiting...you'll need to wait some time...like 10-12 hours likely.))

faerwain
2007-07-07, 05:06 PM
Faerwain appears to the dead drunk Castaras with a Post It saying "Connor MacMod" on his head."
"For trying to scare us with walking a plank while not being able to walk a straight line, Castaras is banned!"

Khaldan
2007-07-07, 11:12 PM
huh. can we use an item tonight, even though we got the item today?

Indurain
2007-07-07, 11:19 PM
Alright, all shopping PMs should have been sent out now. I'm going to hold off on posting the update for about an hour to allow for anyone who hasn't received a PM from me, to let me know. (don't worry about PMing the other two)

So that is 1 hour from now to vote and/or shop. Hurry, hurry, hurry.

Helgraf
2007-07-07, 11:51 PM
huh. can we use an item tonight, even though we got the item today?

No - it said that right in the post. Items purchased cannot be used the night they are purchased.

Indurain
2007-07-08, 01:48 AM
Castaras staggers onto the deck, bottle in hand and parrot on shoulder.

“Avast ya landlubbers. Ye’ve spoken, and ye want me off yer ship. So tonight, I’ll be walking the plank.”

A loud cheer goes up amongst the passengers.

“Just know that I was never after yer posts. I was just a pirate on vacation.”

Castaras stumbles drunkenly towards the side of the boat. A few passengers try to help her stand. She pulls back from them.

“Get off me ya scurvy dogs. I’ll not be having yer help now.”
Castaras leaps up onto the railing of the ship and turns to face her accusers once more.

“What’s that saying? One last shot and then salut?” And with that Castaras takes a large swig out of her bottle and steps backwards off the railing. A search of her cabin reveals many piratey things, but no post counts.

Summary: Castaras was a pirate…but not the kind you were looking for. She was innocent. Night time begins now and will end July 8 at 11 PM EST. Please PM all night actions to Alarra, Atreyu the Masked Llama, and Indurain.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-08, 02:01 AM
Bloody pirate-ninjas, giving pirates a bad name.

Castaras
2007-07-08, 02:03 AM
Arrr...arrr...'Twas good while it lasted...And as fer ye, Decken, ye ain't a true pirate either! Ye be a Ninja! Arrr!

Castaras' ghost stumbles up the side of the boat

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life fer me...

She looks around, dropping her Sneak on the Beach.

May...maybe I shoulda listened to tha Ninjas...Faded inta the shadows...
GOOD DAY CASTARAS.
Hey there, m'heartie! Care for a tot o' rum?
NOT TODAY.
Ah, okay. So...ye're Death?
YES.
Nice Scythe. Can I 'ave a look at it?
I DON'T TRUST YOU TO GIVE IT BACK IF YOU LOOKED AT IT, CASTARAS.
C'mon matey, ye can trust me, aye?
*sigh* FINE.

Death offers Castaras his scythe, which she takes.

Sweet, thanks matey! Ye know something, Deatho? Ye shouldn't trust a sailor of tha seven seas, ARRRR!

Off Castaras runs, out of the thread, carrying the scythe.

GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE...

Death goes chasing after her.

Artemis97
2007-07-08, 02:06 AM
Artemis reboards the ship and watches Death chase Castaras' ghost. "Well, hopefully that means no one will die tonight." She walks back to her cabin and tries to get some sleep.

pingcode20
2007-07-08, 02:08 AM
Why are we finding it so danged difficult to lynch JX?

Jontom Xire
2007-07-08, 02:32 AM
Why are we finding it so danged difficult to lynch JX?

Maybe because I'm innocent?

Maybe because most people don't actually think I'm that guilty while people like Castaras run around acting deliberately like pirates and other people do similarly suspicious things?

On the one hand I'm sorry Castaras is gone 'cos she was kinda fun, but on the other hand she was very much confusing the issue, so I'm kinda glad she's gone. At least we know now. However she did distract us from the real pirates for a day which is not so good.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-08, 12:19 PM
Ah... bu... wha...?:smallannoyed: *smellie_hippie scratches his head mightily* Just what exactly is an innocent pirate!? :smallconfused:

Bartender! I need another drink! Nevermind... just roll that keg to my cabin please. I'll stay in there and..... do.... something. :smallsigh:

evnafets
2007-07-08, 04:14 PM
No - it said that right in the post. Items purchased cannot be used the night they are purchased.

Actually it says:

Items purchased cannot be used on the day they are purchased.

From the description of the shops, some of the items are used in the day rather than the night. Obviously you couldn't use those items.
Not sure about the night use items.

doliemaster
2007-07-08, 04:59 PM
Doliemaster lets out what is becoming a signature chuckle and says in a sullen voice,"We are so SCREWED, I'm more worried about my own skin being lynched by yal' then the pirates!" Doliemaster then walks away in a random direction.

2007-07-08, 05:27 PM
"This is why I sleep in a string instrument's case. If I actully slept in a bed, you'd think I was normal, as Pirates often are."

With that, Fullbladder sticks some extra duct tape to his violin case for added structure, and climbs inside. As he slams the lid shut, a loose flap of tape adheres itself over the latch. The goblin within then realizes he hasn't gone through several customary routines yet. As he tries to open the case, he discovers that he has sealed himself inside.

"Damn."

whitehelm
2007-07-08, 06:23 PM
Mods: are we allowed to use our items tonight, or do we have to wait til the next?

Everyone else: Are we going ahead with my plan? Did you get enough scrying items?

If so, here's the list from the first post, with dead people removed. I left shadow in to be safe, but if pingcode wants, he can probably just scry someone else, since shadow got protected. Other than that, we scry the person below us, for instance I would scry Zar Peter, assuming we're allowed to use items tonight. When you post your scry, only post Passenger or Pirate for now, we don't want to provide any extra info for the pirates. Also post how good your scry tool is, since there at least 2 different tools.
akaziel
almighty salmon
Artemis 97
B-man
bassetking
Calamity
Captain Van Der Decken
DolieMaster
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Faerwain
Funky Odor
helgraf
Ink
janusnori
Jontom Xire
Khaldan
Kyrian
Lord Magtok
Lord Fullbladder
Malmagor
Pingcode
shadow
Smellie Hippie
Raldor
Supagoof
Timberwolf
whitehelm
Zar Peter
Zeb the troll

Edit: Actually I'm just going ahead, if you miss your chance tonight, just scry next night assuming your target doesn't die. We only have a few more hours.

Shadow
2007-07-08, 06:28 PM
The problem with your idea, whitehelm, is that not everyone got a scrying item.
By the time everyone has one, some of the people that used them already will be dead, leaving holes in the scries.

It's a great idea that I just don't see working in any practical sense....

But we can still give it a shot!

whitehelm
2007-07-08, 06:31 PM
shadow: I'm just trying to get as many as possible, scrying the person below you is mainly to prevent duplicates, which wastes them. Also, there's no better way for regular passengers to spend their money.

Shadow
2007-07-08, 06:33 PM
Noted... but...
The other problem with your idea is that any pirates will simply say, "Hey, I scried ---- last night and he/she's a Pirate!"
Since there is the possibility for errors, a "fool" proof aliby is already set up for them.

Like I said, it's a great idea.
I just don't see it working the way you intended.

whitehelm
2007-07-08, 06:43 PM
Which is why the masons/seer should confirm any possible pirates, starting with any 100% claims. This is only for giving more info to them, and we shouldn't just start arbitrarily pointing at suspected people. They can decide where to go after this.

It's better than passengers getting and using items randomly.

Shadow
2007-07-08, 06:46 PM
Did you hear that "Alarra"?
You've got your work cut out for you....

whitehelm
2007-07-08, 06:58 PM
Oooh, I had another idea, but it depends on clarification from the mods. What happens if "Atreyu/Alarra" get scried with 100% reliable scrying tools? Do they return Seer or Fool? Will a wrong scry from an imperfect tool always identify the seer as a fool, just like the fool would?

B-Man
2007-07-08, 07:35 PM
B-Man groans as he regains some consciousness. Coffee... he mutters as he crawls to his cabin and crawls into his bed (leaving the door ajar), staring at the painting of a safe as he drifts to sleep.

Vonriel
2007-07-08, 07:39 PM
Seeing an opportunity for some mischief, Vonriel floats down into B-Man's room, and say rather loudly, Oooh, Coffee! Better take as much as I can! To add to the effect, he reaches one arm through the painting into the safe, and waits to see if B-Man heard.

B-Man
2007-07-08, 07:42 PM
B-Man awakens with a jolt and jumps in front of the painting.

THAT'S NOT YOUR'S!! I MEAN THERE'S NOTHING BEHIND THIS PAINTING!! I MEAN-!! he yells and suddenly falls asleep where he stands.

Vonriel
2007-07-08, 07:44 PM
Looking at his arm, which now goes through B-Man and into the wall behind him, Vonriel silently laughs as he floats upwards through the decks to haunt the galley.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-08, 07:45 PM
Indurain is in charge of all Shop related questions and artifacts. He will be the one to answer all PM's and thread questions about the items.

Khaldan
2007-07-08, 08:33 PM
well, found another hole in the scry plan.. there seems to be at least 4 different types of items (i got a non scrying item) so you would have all of the normal passengers spend all their coins.. and we dont even know what the other stores give

pingcode20
2007-07-08, 08:45 PM
What was yours? I got a ring of alarm.

It goes off once when I'm scried. Please don't scry me, passenger peoples.

Indurain
2007-07-08, 10:22 PM
Item related questions:

Use tonight? No. All items can be used after this night period is over.

Scrying questions?

All scrying items have a % chance of success. The success will be determined first. If it succeeds, you will get the actual result. If it fails, you will recieve a random result (much like the fool would). A failure on the seer, doesn't automatically mean you will see the fool.

Those of you in groups, only you can use your item, you cannot have another member of your organization send in your PM.

Anything else, please post the question here or PM myself (include Llama and Alarra in the PM).

whitehelm
2007-07-08, 11:30 PM
Khaldan: Did you specify that you were buying from Alarra's shop (the scrying one)? There's not much we can do about that, if you got something else, just use it however you want. The other stores are for protection and some type of voting power.

pingcode: I guess you got scried by the seer or fool. The items don't work yet.

My second idea: since the wrong scrying result is random...
A passenger that scries a seer or fool should let their target know once they get the result (and post "passenger"). If the seer/fool receives such a pm, they know one of the following occurred:
1. The scry was right, and the seer/fool knows which they are.
2. The scry was wrong, which means that also the other scrying role was randomly picked out of all the other roles, or there wouldn't have been a pm(for a 50% success item, this situation is not very likely, so can probably be ruled out)
3. The pm is lying, but how did they know who to trick? They could send multiple lies about this to different people, but that would probably be detected, and the sender/s scried or something.

The passenger scried shouldn't trust any response immediately, there's a much better chance that their target is lying. Once again, this would be to provide info to the special roles.

pingcode20
2007-07-08, 11:49 PM
I know it doesn't work yet.

I'm just asking that passengers who got whatever the scrythingamabob is not to scry me, because I just have a 1 shot scry alarm.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-08, 11:52 PM
Booming Overhead Voice:"One Hound"

"Many Pirates..."

"THIS SUMMER"

*Bassetking is shaken from a sound sleep by... what appears to be a badly-done summer Popcorn&Soda movie trailer...*

"THIS SUMMER, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM... THE FIESTA DECK!"

*Bassetking is found the next morning, smothered under a mountain of Trogdonalds promotional toys. His official Legion of Fran Snorkel inches from his outstretched paw.*

Bassetking was smothered by pirates. He was a member of the Legion

Day begins and will end at approx 11PM EST on Tuesday night.

doliemaster
2007-07-09, 12:17 AM
"Wow,are we screwed or what, I mean two legionares and four passengers, but not a dead pirate? I mean sherlock holmes couldn't show you people the truth, which is that based on barely conclusive findings, I say lynch Artemis97!"

Doliemaster, points at Artemis97

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-09, 12:30 AM
If I only had a pencil thin mustache
I could solve some myteries too

*I point at Jontom Xire.* I have this gnawing feeling I was fooled by him early on.

Artemis97
2007-07-09, 12:46 AM
Is it normal in these games not to get a single badguy for so long? *sigh* I'll stick with my gut and Point at Jantom Xire and hope he's not a passenger.

pingcode20
2007-07-09, 12:49 AM
If I'm wrong, I'll probably get lynched.

Ah well. You only live once (A game)!

I've set out my reasoning already, and why I believe this is not a risky lynch. He has had the bandwagon swung from him quite rapidly several times, though. If he is El J, then we can comb over the people who saved him. If he isn't, well, we're back at square one, no?

Points at Jontom Xire

Shadow
2007-07-09, 12:49 AM
sonuva....
Bassetking was my contact for the Legion you rat bas****s!
Well, it's me and you now, ------!
You know who you are.
PM me if you come up with anything.
There's something that I'm still working on....

Narrators: I asked a question in my night action PM. Do you have a response for me?

Helgraf
2007-07-09, 01:13 AM
Helgraf shakes his head.

"You believe me yet?"

* Helgraf points at Jontom Xire once more *

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 01:35 AM
I'm starting to think I ought to just get myself lynched. It might stop you from continually getting side-tracked.

THINK ABOUT IT!

For crying out loud, what are the odds that I am El J? Miniscule. And that's the only way I could be still alive. There are people in this game that have cast-iron guaranteed proof that I am not a pirate and that I am not El J and almost cast iron proof that I am not a member of the cult. I'm probably one of the few people who can say that.

In the meantime, each time I escape the lynch mob, I am thinking that the wrong person got lynched but with you all focussing on me instead of the others who might be pirates, they aren't getting found. The pirates must be wetting themselves with laughter.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-09, 01:51 AM
For crying out loud, what are the odds that I am El J? Miniscule. And that's the only way I could be still alive. There are people in this game that have cast-iron guaranteed proof that I am not a pirate and that I am not El J and almost cast iron proof that I am not a member of the cult. I'm probably one of the few people who can say that.Bryl Cream, a little dab'll do ya...

Pray tell, what could this "cast iron" proof be? If you are El J, you will scry as a passenger, so scrying is out. If you forwarded your initial role PM (which is against the spirit of the game anyway) it is easily edited to say whatever you want.

You are a passenger. No one should be voting for you. Pass it on. (This message is totally manufactured.)
So shy of a PM from a narrator, which I would never believe would happen, I can't imagine anything that would 100% guarantee your innocence. Even if there was something, those who have it are not sharing, apparently.

My vote stands.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-09, 02:57 AM
"Crap.. another member of the legion.." :smallmad:

I'm gonna think about this for a bit longer before pointing.

Akaziel
2007-07-09, 05:12 AM
((Sorry if I've been a bit slow in posting, kinda busy in real life.))

I'm thinking... you're a pirate. I, for one, trust Mr. Xire. He's innocent, unlike you, eh, Artemis97?

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-09, 05:57 AM
Zeb is correct with one exception. I believe the Feuders were not allowed to be Pirates, so a scry result of one of the Feuders would rule-out him being El J. But that may not even be revealed in a scry.

There certainly isn't any way to prove cult status. To claim anything as far as that goes is patently ridiculous.

Of course if he is a Feuder he'll be trying to get the other one lynched anyway, and Feuders have been known to make alliances with the bad guys to do so.

Raldor points at Jontom Xire

smellie_hippie
2007-07-09, 06:12 AM
Hey, could we get an update on the first post as to "who is alive" and "who is dead"?:smallconfused: Thanks to the powers that be.

pingcode20
2007-07-09, 06:15 AM
Actually, there's really nothing there that says the feuders can't be members of other groups.

In fact, Vonriel (Korith) was also a member of the Legion of Fran, as I recall.

Evidently there's nothing stopping someone from being both El J and ZombieRockStar, so a scry of ZRS wouldn't prove anything.

And I'm kind of suspicious - where is JX getting all this information from, anyway?

Gee, I wonder if he's actually Magtok or something? That would be interesting. But at this point the AMEN will only be three or four strong, so I doubt it would account for his miraculous escapes.

He could be Legion, I suppose. He didn't actually contribute to the death of Vonriel - in fact, he was trying to have me killed off that day.

But again, he could also be Pirate - if JX survives again, I think we'd all like to find out if he scries as passenger or Legion; Legion would confirm his innocence. It would also save us all a lot of time.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 07:10 AM
And I'm kind of suspicious - where is JX getting all this information from, anyway?

What information? I haven't provided any information because I only have theories.

And I never said I was guaranteed 100% not an AMENite. At the time my innocence was established that was true, but there have been nights since then, and I could have been recruited in the meantime. I haven't, but I cannot prove it.

I still have to find time to do a proper analysis so I can vote this day. I am finding it odd that there is a group of four people who voted for me as a block both today and yesterday, and two of those voted together the day before that as well. Suspicious, huh? We all know wolves/pirates should split their vote to avoid voting patterns, but they don't always manage that.

pingcode20
2007-07-09, 07:37 AM
Frankly, I don't give a damn whether someone's become an AMENite or not - at least until Magtok gets killed off.

If Magtok's alive, then it's just a simple matter of declaring cult victory for everyone still alive once the pirates are dead.

Me? I'm just gunning for you. I am of the belief that you are El J, or a Pirate. Whether or not I'm correct remains to be seen.

whitehelm
2007-07-09, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure if JX was lying about being cleared Shadow would've said something by now, since he's in contact with the Legion.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 09:43 AM
I've a load of suspicions about various people. However I think I need to keep more close to my chest in this game. I've been wondering why Shadow keeps pointing at Calamity, and yes, I think he's suspicious too.

Calamity always points at Almighty Salmon. Every round. That's an old trick to lie low. If you always point at the same person for no particular reason everyone assumes you're just pointing at them for no reason and that you have no interest in influencing the game. That you are in effect not there and don't need to be worried about. Of course pirates act at night, not in the day.

On the same note, Helgraf has been pointing at me every round.

Jontom Xire points at Calamity.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-09, 10:16 AM
Calamity always points at Almighty Salmon. Every round. That's an old trick to lie low. If you always point at the same person for no particular reason everyone assumes you're just pointing at them for no reason and that you have no interest in influencing the game.

But...but.....Exachix ..........I miss Exachix *sobs*

Calamity
2007-07-09, 10:22 AM
I've a load of suspicions about various people. However I think I need to keep more close to my chest in this game. I've been wondering why Shadow keeps pointing at Calamity, and yes, I think he's suspicious too.

Calamity always points at Almighty Salmon. Every round. That's an old trick to lie low. If you always point at the same person for no particular reason everyone assumes you're just pointing at them for no reason and that you have no interest in influencing the game. That you are in effect not there and don't need to be worried about. Of course pirates act at night, not in the day.

You couldn't be more wrong, I am trying to show I want to influence the game, by insisting that I have suspicions about Almighty_Salmon. But your way of thinking in the last couple of days, and the fact that people have blindly followed your lead and innocent people have died because of it, leads me to belive that you are a pirate. Calamity points at Jontom Xire.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 10:33 AM
What is this with the "following my lead" thing?

Day 1 - I was 7th to point at Almighty Salmon, and 4th to point at Bookboy.

Day 2 - I pointed at Pingcode and NOBODY followed my lead. I was 7th to point at Vonriel.

Day 3 - I was second to point at Pingcode and again NOBODY followed my lead. I was second to point at Calamity, and anyone else who voted for Calamity was actually probably following Shadow who pointed first.

So, based on the evidence of three days where only once could anyone have been said to have been following my lead, and were equally likely to have been following the lead of one of three other people, I think I can safely say that no-one is following my lead.

And as far as I'm concerned, anyone using it as an excuse to point at me is either lying or mistaken, and DEFINITELY manufacturing evidence (something else I've been accused of and blatantly never done).

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 10:36 AM
To be honest, now, I think JX seems fairly trustworthy. I really would be quite surprised if he hasn't been scried by now, and Shadow hasn't called him out as a pirate. I don't see the fact that he got innocent people lynched particularly suspicious, either. Catching pirates ain't so easy.

I point at Calamity.

Indurain
2007-07-09, 10:50 AM
Zeb is correct with one exception. I believe the Feuders were not allowed to be Pirates.

Both the Fueders and the Lovers were able to have any other role, including El J, Magtok, Alarra, etc.

Hope that clears that up.

Calamity
2007-07-09, 10:51 AM
Jontom, one big flaw in your 1st theory is that you did not factor in the Fool.

As for the 2nd theory: You want to lynch the person that you're supsicious of? Fine. But you want to lynch that person because that person wants to lynch someone else? That's a bit hypocritical isn't it? :smallconfused:

Madmal
2007-07-09, 11:23 AM
awww, crud...i wanted some wine...

it's soberness for us now...besides, you needed that lesson for going on a shopping spree yesterday...

but- It was a black Onyx! you said it was an awesome stone! :smalleek:

like pretty gems are gonna serve us....meh.

Mal points at Calamity

3 legionaries have been attacked...i believe our paranoia and psicosis are justified...

Vhaidara
2007-07-09, 11:51 AM
Both the Fueders and the Lovers were able to have any other role, including El J, Magtok, Alarra, etc.

(It would fit for Town purposes, but imagine Alarra and El J as the lovers:smalleek: ! The seer and the devil. That would get ugly.)

janusnori
2007-07-09, 11:52 AM
I thought he was suspicious a couple days ago and I'm fairly certain that hes still just as suspicious!

*points at JX*

Helgraf
2007-07-09, 12:06 PM

Except I've already said why I'm pointing at you, and frankly unless someone gives me better evidence than "Shadow hasn't spoken up" I've got no particular reason _not_ to continue pointing at a suspected pirate just because other people aren't joining in.

So your theory, which may hold true for Calamity, I don't know and can't speak for the Clam, is meaningless in application to my reasoning.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-09, 12:28 PM

Thanks, I thought I saw somewhere that neither feuder would be a pirate because it would make it too easy. It was probably in another game.

In that case JX is clearly lying or has tried to cheat because there is no way that anyone could have cast-iron knowledge that he isn't El J, since we have no El J scryers in the game.

whitehelm
2007-07-09, 03:45 PM
Every day there's a bandwagon against JX, so every day he defends himself and we end up lynching other people. These other people aren't really suspicious in any way, they just get lynched because they're the other option. Now people are saying this makes JX suspicious. Why, because he defends himself? He doesn't die willingly?

I think I'm going to have to point at Jontom also, not because I think he's guilty, but so that when he is shown innocent we can go after his accusers.

2007-07-09, 04:37 PM
Fullbladder points at Jontom as well, his hand extended only as far as it needs to be from the violin case.

faerwain
2007-07-09, 04:44 PM
"Wheeeee!!!!!!" Faerwain rushes towards the Trogdonalds toys and graps one out of it.
"Its..it's...IT'S The Junior Ultra Soldier Commando Assault VehicleTM !!!!!"

Zar Peter
2007-07-09, 04:54 PM
Zar Peter is sitting in a chair and let the sun burn down on himself.

You!

He points at Calamity.

Say Xavier I won't come today. Pointing is so confusing me here, I need some rest!

Funkyodor
2007-07-10, 12:48 AM
Ahh, waking up mid-day is the great benefit of vacationing on a cruise. Waking up at all when on a cruise ship infested with El J and his band of post stealers is good too. Hmm, what to do today. Ah, I think a good romp around the pool, then shuffleboard followed up by mojitos at the jazz club this evening is the way to go. Oh, and I guess I've got to point at someone so my vacation can continue.

"Uh... You!" *Points at Calamity*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-10, 01:28 AM
I'm still not sure I'm convinced yet, but I've received enough information to reduce my suspicion of JX for now.

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

*Zeb moves his finger to Calamity*

faerwain
2007-07-10, 01:44 AM
*Faerwain happily assembles the various gadgets of his Junior Ultra Soldier Commando Assault VehicleTM*

"..Turbo Mighty Über Hyper Laser Phaser...Sergeant Shredder's Symbitioc Syntheticon...additional Mobile Stellar Rocket Center(Rockets not included)...hey, wait, it's not complete..it's missing a bandwagon."*points at JX* "Do you have one?"

Jontom Xire
2007-07-10, 01:49 AM
Sure, I've got a bandwagon, but Calamity's is nicer.

And the scores are:

Artemis 97: 1
Calamity: 6
Jontom Xire: 8

It's close and by my count we have 13 people still not voted, some of who will get auto-lynched if they don't.

Please can everyone vote? I think I'll need it to survive another day.

Also, if I do survive, can we please have one day where we spend more time looking for pirates instead of just trying to get me lynched. Days like today just force people to join one bandwagon or the other. But there are many more candidates for pirate, not forgetting that Lord Magtok is out there somewhere.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-10, 02:56 AM
*Points at Calamity*

You are the most suspicious at the moment in my eyes..

and you keep pointing at me... :smallfrown:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-10, 07:50 AM
(I apologize to all the loyal pirate fans that the first page wasn't updated. I fully intended to update it last night, only to find that I don't have internet at home for some unknown reason. Perhaps, Miss Alarra can update it, or I'll try to get to it somehow tonight.)

Supagoof
2007-07-10, 08:00 AM
Supagoof points at Artemis97.

Why you point him? Graklok asks.

Because I still haven't heard a good arguement for the other two, and I haven't spent enough time looking at things to decide one way or the other, so I'll go for option 3 right now with hopes of avoiding another innocent lynching. (Like if anyone knows whose been in contact with the masons that have lead to their deaths.) sighs Supagoof.

Um.....otay....make sense. Graklok go look fer cwues den. Hey you ____ guy. You know where Graklok find cwues?....

Calamity
2007-07-10, 10:17 AM
I guess people are kinda right, there isn't a reason to not be suspicious of me, and if Jontom gets lynched, and turns out to be a passenger, and not me today, then I may as well throw myself overboard and save you lot the trouble tomorrow. My list of suspicions has changed dramatically this day, and to be honest I have been slighty unfair with my pointings at Salmon. But hey, I trust my instincts, and they were telling me that Salmon was a pirate. Well, I'm suspicious of how everyone points at JX, and when he posts, most people seem to change their minds. I won't say that his theories aren't strong, but no-one seems to notice the flaws. The only way I can prove that I'm not a pirate is to die, and that's the same for everyone, except maybe Shadow. But it looks like I'm going to end up proving it.....

B-Man
2007-07-10, 10:38 AM
A drooling B-Man walks out of his cabin and groans.

* B-Man sleepily points at Artemis97

Alarra
2007-07-10, 11:56 AM
(The first post is now updated again. Sorry, twas out of town. Kyrian and Eldritch Knight, you're in danger of autolynchings....post or contact us.)

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-10, 06:08 PM
It's probably better to be safer then sorry.

EK points at Calamity

whitehelm
2007-07-10, 06:18 PM
Points at Calamity Looks like another close save.

Kyrian
2007-07-10, 10:42 PM
Kyrian apologizes for never being around and points at Calamity. Sorry Calamity, yours was the last name I saw pointed at.

evnafets
2007-07-10, 10:44 PM
Another fast turn-around for Jontom.
Is it because he is good at convincing people, or because he has a bunch of friends?
Only one real way to find out

evnafets points at Jontom Xire

Indurain
2007-07-10, 11:23 PM
The day nears it’s end and just when it looks like there will be a tie with the votes, something remarkable happens. Firstly a rumour starts circulating about Almighty Salmon, and an affair with a trout. This means that suddenly no one takes the salmon seriously and his vote doesn’t count. Calamity breaths a sigh of relief until suddenly a whole group of people begin to campaign for his death. This last minute campaigning seems to do the trick as there suddenly seems to be more votes for Calamity.

The passengers having finally come to a decision advance towards Calamity. He looks up to the sky.

“I wish I was anywhere but here.”

And suddenly Calamity vanishes. The passengers look around in confusion until a splash is heard. Everyone rushes over to the side of the ship where Calamity is seen thrashing in the water.

Jontom Xire shouts over the side.

“Granted. Now you’re in shark infested water.”

“Shark infe-“ But Calamity’s words are cut off as suddenly he dips under the water. Everyone holds their breath, waiting for Calamity to come back above the water. Suddenly the water where Calamity disappeared turns a dark crimson red. A few passengers turn away from the railings, covering their eyes. Those still watching see Calamity’s cape float to the surface. A few people make excellent spot checks and notice a ticket tucked inside the cloak’s inner pocket.

Calamity, a passenger, was lynched. Night Begins now and will end July 11 at 11 PM EST. Please PM all night actions to Indurain, Alarra, and Atreyu the masked llama. (You are now able to use night items.)

Please note the inclusion of Almighty Salmon and Jontom Xire are in no way indicative of their roles. There is nothing to be read into their inclusion in this post.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-11, 01:51 AM
It wasn't really a fast turn around, it was pretty much neck and neck the whole way once the day really started and we had more than 16 votes or so.

These bandwagons never really help analysis though. I did spot a couple of useful bits of info however.

whitehelm
2007-07-11, 02:05 AM
Scrying time. Just use the players list in the first post, but skip Calamity.

Funkyodor
2007-07-11, 02:30 AM
Feeling sad at pointing at a innocent villager, Funkyodor starts his nightly preparation. This time, though, he puts an Autographed picture of Indurian on his nightstand.
"Well, I know you don't do much, but I need something more than my security blanket tonight."

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-11, 03:02 AM
"There's no trout, okay? It's not true, so drop it!"

Salmon wanders back to his room hoping that he survives the night.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-11, 04:55 AM
Ok, quick bit of analysis.

Of the nine people who voted for me, three I am fairly sure are ok. That leaves six. These six are significant because I have very good reason to believe that the proportion of pirates is much much higher in the people who pointed at me then those that did not.

Curiously that set of six includes:

A) Someone who voted for me all four days
B) Someone who voted for me days 2, 3, 4
C) Someone who voted for me days 3 and 4
D) Someone who voted for me on day 4 only.

There are reasonable explanations for this, in fact two people fit category C, but suppose A was Lord Magtok and wanted me dead very much. They recruit person B on night 1, and person C on night 2 and person D on night 3. It's not a great theory and has definite weaknesses, such as who got recruited on night 0? And wouldn't the AMENites spread their vote around to avoid detection?

The set of six also includes two people who only voted every other day, and I don't think (but haven't checked) that they were particularly noticeable posts either - trying to avoid notice?

Lastly there is someone (not in the set of six) who pointed at Shadow.

If people let me know which set of behaviour they find most suspicious, I'm happy to name names.

I was going to save this analysis until tomorrow, but decided I couldn't be bothered to wait.

Zar Peter
2007-07-11, 05:03 AM
see post above me

Wouldn't it be easier for the Amenites to recruit you than to recruit so many people to vote you to dead?

Jontom Xire
2007-07-11, 05:23 AM
Wouldn't it be easier for the Amenites to recruit you than to recruit so many people to vote you to dead?

Yeah probably, except that I'm a bit risky to recruit. So many people want me dead it would be pointless to recruit me only to see me lynched the next day.

Artemis97
2007-07-11, 08:46 AM
Yeah probably, except that I'm a bit risky to recruit. So many people want me dead it would be pointless to recruit me only to see me lynched the next day.

But if it's the AMENites who want you dead, wouldn't recruiting you save your skin? They'd start pointing at someone else then, keeping you safe and lynching the other people who want to see you off the boat.

Calamity
2007-07-11, 10:13 AM
Calamity's ghost surfaces.

"Well, can't say I didn't warn you, feeling happy now JX?

((Hello? I'm not Vaarsuvius! Why do all you people get so gender-confused about me! Yeah I'm talking to you Indy! :smallbiggrin:))

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-11, 10:43 AM
We've now lynched 3 passengers and one legion member, but JX thinks that people who have pointed at him are somehow more suspicious? (Disclaimer: I've pointed at him the past 2 days). This makes no sense at all.

It's a great little argument however, try to cast aspersions on those who are pointing at you and you must therefore be good. I'm certainly not buying it.

Unless Alarra (the role) finds a pirate, you can pretty much count on me pointing at you again tomorrow (if I survive the night).

HyramGraff
2007-07-11, 10:50 AM
((@ Calamity: It's probably because the avatar looks female. I was trying to figure out why the avatar looks female to me and I think it's the way that the cape swings out on the right side. Since there isn't much contrast between the color of the cape and the color of the body, it gets sublimilaly translated into the wider hips that female sticks have.

Does that answer your question?))

2007-07-11, 10:52 AM
Fullbladder gazes over the side of the ship.

"Heh heh. Calamity has boobies."

His penchant for quoting aside, he begins to wonder if he shall see another dawn. He decides it's a gloomy subject to contemplate, and heads off for bed, practising his 'pointing at people' posture.

((I figure it's the V-neck on the avatar. It's a common trait of female stickfigures. Espesially when coupled with the similarily-coloured cape/shirt.))

Artemis97
2007-07-11, 11:25 AM
((Yeah the cape and the shirt blend together to make it look sort of like a dress to me. If it weren't for the gender Icon, I'd have said you were a girl too.))

Castaras
2007-07-11, 11:27 AM
(( Calamity's avatar looks like a boy to me...

But yeah, the v neck might be the trouble.

Oh drat, everyone's already done the Calamity has boobies. joke. :smalltongue: ))

Madmal
2007-07-11, 11:57 AM
((woe to me, i wanted to do the "Calamity has boobies" joke....:smallsigh:

Damm You Gym!!!))

Shadow
2007-07-11, 01:03 PM
((It's been an extremely busy week. I'm trying to catch up on all the threads and the rediculous number of PM's that I've recieved, but with the sheer amount, I'm bound to miss or just plain ignore some. Don't take offense. I'll try to get to you all.))

Jontom Xire
2007-07-11, 01:26 PM
The longish hair makes the Avatar look girly too.

Hey, Calamity, do us all a favour and have a sex change :)

evnafets
2007-07-11, 02:58 PM
Seeing as how we're discussing how Calamity's avatar looks girly, I think the pose/position of the legs is also a hint that way (women often cross their legs), and the small pointy horns as opposed to curved ones. Everybody knows that a guy gets judged by the size of his horns.

Calamity
2007-07-11, 03:04 PM
...Maybe I should be known as Vaarsuvius in the Playground? :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Indurain
2007-07-11, 03:16 PM
Fixed. Sorry Calamity. I think it's the fact that you look evil...as we all know...women are evil.

Truthfully, I'd say it's the horns, the smirk, and the pose.

But, I apologize and have edited the post.

Indurain
2007-07-12, 01:00 AM
You awake in the morning and slowly make your way up to the top deck of the ship. A quick head count tells you that someone is certainly missing. Just as you’re about to take roll call a scream issues from the front of the ship. Everyone runs to the front where a truly grim sight is waiting.

Hanging from the bow of the ship, like a mermaid statue is a blue figure. Using his own hooks crossed across his neck, Jontom Xire is definitely dead. The few people who aren’t unleashing their breakfasts, quickly unhook Jontom and bring him onto the deck. As if to add insult to injury the Pirates have stapled Jontom’s ticket to his forehead.

Summary: Jontom Xire was killed by Pirates. He was a passenger. Day Begins now and ends July 13 at 11 PM EST.

((My apologies to JX, been a long day, so I'm not feeling too creative and without my furry friend I can't hand of the task.))

Helgraf
2007-07-12, 01:10 AM
:: waits to see how long it takes someone to go "Well, anyone who voted for him must have been a pirate". Figures it'll take about 5 minutes ::

Artemis97
2007-07-12, 01:12 AM
Actually, I was going to lement the loss of another passenger. Now I'm going to start fearing for my life. Thanks for the reminder Helgraf. *locks herself in her cabin*

pingcode20
2007-07-12, 01:16 AM
Well, that didn't go too well. And I was so sure, too.

*Pulls up the decking and hides in the cargo hold*

It was a rather rash move on the part of the pirates, though. I was all set to keep up a vendetta against him too.

Jontom Xire
2007-07-12, 01:58 AM
DARNIT!

I was so sure I wouldn't be a target that I didn't use my protective thingamajiggy I bought at Trog's Tavern. That's the problem with those things. They're too one shot - if you don't get attacked they're wasted. They ought to be designed that they're only exhausted when they actually get used.

I'm glad I emailed my spreadsheet to Shadow first though.

And to all of you who were SOOOO sure I was a pirate - NYAA NYAAA NYAAAAAAA

Told you so.

Helgraf
2007-07-12, 02:13 AM
Yeah yeah dead man. You've been wrong about me enough times. Hasn't stopped you though.

And yeah, the single-use bane items are only most useful if you have a darn good idea you're about to get thwucked.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-12, 02:51 AM
"Dammit.. I knew he wasn't a pirate" :smallannoyed:

Salmon wanders off to the side of the ship and stares out at the sea.

whitehelm
2007-07-12, 04:46 AM
50% chance Zar Peter's a passenger.

I don't think the people who voted against Jontom are pirates, that's a little too obvious.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-12, 06:07 AM
Sooooo..... does anybody have any good ideas? Really? 'cuz I know which way my finger points... but I'll be damned if I have any clue which way it should. :smallannoyed:

*smellie_hippie pours out his coffee mug in a gangsta salute to another fallen SMBG passenger* You will be missed. :smallfrown:

Okay folks... now who are we mad at? :smallconfused:

Jontom Xire
2007-07-12, 06:25 AM
I don't think the people who voted against Jontom are pirates, that's a little too obvious.

I didn't say that.

... the proportion of pirates is much much higher in the people who pointed at me then those that did not.

is not the same as

"The people who pointed at me are pirates".

Whoooooo. Clink clank, shake scary chains.

Akaziel
2007-07-12, 07:44 AM
Damn it... I trusted Mr. Xire... I tried to tell you all! He wasn't a pirate!! Akaziel locks himself in his room, feeling intense paranoia.

Vonriel
2007-07-12, 10:55 AM
Vonriels ghost sets down beside Jontom. Yeah, well, these people are pretty stupid. I mean, hell, there has yet to be a single pirate death in.. what, four days now? Vonriel shrugs and continues watching. Still, it's pretty funny seeing them scramble about like this. He raises his sword in salute to the living members of the Legion, then floats on to the next world. For good this time. :smalltongue:

whitehelm
2007-07-12, 02:36 PM
Jontom: I wasn't commenting on anything you said, that was solely my opinion, hence the "I don't think". Plus, even if I was trying to quote you or something, you're not supposed to correct me, you're dead.

evnafets
2007-07-12, 04:36 PM
Rest in Peace Jontom. With luck your sacrifice will help the rest of us survive this voyage.
Jontom was holding on by the skin of his teeth for the last few days. As I mentioned yesterday, he can't have done that alone. People have been supporting him, keeping him alive. But which side?

Seeing him dead answers that question. The Pirates probably wouldn't exert so much effort to save one who was not their own. I thought he might have been the head of the Cult, but that turns out not as well. So by elimination it is probably the masons saving him.
However I also agree with what Helgraf and WhiteHelm have said. Those pointing at Jontom are not necessarily guilty.
Of more suspicion to me are the ones who pointed at NEITHER Jontom or Calamity yesterday. And who have been doing similar the last few days. Avoiding bandwagons and keeping their head low.

Four people pointed at Artemis97 yesterday: Akaziel, B-Man, DolieMaster, SupaGoof.
My suspicions are going to start there.

evnafets points at Akaziel

B-Man
2007-07-12, 04:53 PM
B-Man walks out of his cabin, clutching onto the wall to support himself. A kitten follows him and jumps onto his shoulder. He doesn't seem to notice the kitten at all and struggles forward to where people are congregating and his ear perk up has he hears his name.

So, because I don't join bandwagons, I'm now a suspicious character, am I? he says as he sits down on the ground. He smiles and releases a huge sigh. What a relief! I thought you were after me coffee! He then frowns and quickly says, THERE IS NO COFFEE! NONE AT ALL!!

The kitten sighs and jumps down, deciding to walk around the people. It glares at Mal for a moment, but swiftly continues on his way.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-12, 05:08 PM

Those seem like pretty good odds to me.

Magtok points at Zar Peter.

Madmal
2007-07-12, 05:22 PM
Mal watches at the kitten...

just keep moving...

well, we have been stumbling from what error to another...even there, i think i'm gonna take my chances now on someone i suspected some rounds ago

*Mal points at Zar Peter

I bet you a glass of wine he's innocent!

deal, if that'll get you to stop beign annoying while we try to sleep...

Shadow
2007-07-12, 06:46 PM
Shadow wakes up after a three day bender and realizes that he's wearing a pink sequin blouse.
"What the hell am I doing with this trash on?"
He muses aloud as the garment is ripped off.
After eating his wheaties and drinking a protein shake, he decides that he's ready to carouse the ship once more.

On deck, an exciting backgammon match is in progress.
"Haahaa! Double fives!" yells Faerwain.
Zar Peter just looks at him for a moment.
"Ummm.... Dude.... That's the fourth set of double fives you've rolled in a row. Are you sure you're not cheating?"

Noticing the gambit by Faerwain, Shadow step up in all his naked glory.
"Let me see those dice.

Yup. They're weighted all right. A cheat. Well, if you're a cheat, then I think you're a Pirate as well."

"But I'm not a Pirate or a cheat. I just bought those dice in the gift shop. I swear."

Shadow flexes and makes a fist.

"You wouldn't hit a knight in a wheelchair, would you?"

"What do you guys think? Should I do to him what I did to the other Pirate on the first night?", Shadow says as he points at the guilty Faerwain.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-12, 07:24 PM
Yeah, and he almost ran me over in that wheelchair the other day!

Raldor points at Faerwain

((For those point at Zar, I do believe that whitehelm is claiming that he had a scry device that had a 50% chance of being correct (50% chance of being random) and that it said Zar was a passenger, so by the odds he is twice as likely to be a passenger as any other random person. I'm assuming Shadow got some inside info from somewhere))

Shadow
2007-07-12, 07:27 PM
"Raldor thinks that I should pummell him, huh?
What about you guys?"

whitehelm
2007-07-12, 08:13 PM
Yes, I was referring to my earlier plan that I guess no one else chose or was able to follow along with...oh well.

I'm assuming shadow has some info, so I point at Faerwain.

Shadow
2007-07-12, 08:18 PM
Actually, some people have followed your plan, but chose not to post it openly....
That's not why I'm pointing at Faerwain, though.

Everyone shouldn't just blindly follow, unless I say "Hey! The Seer says so-and-so's a Pirate!"
Look what happened to Calamity....

Vhaidara
2007-07-12, 08:18 PM
(Wow, this is going very poorly for the passengers.)

Helgraf
2007-07-12, 10:09 PM
*Helgraf points at Akaziel*

Artemis97
2007-07-12, 11:13 PM
I think I'm going back to my original thought back at the begining. I point at Almighty Salmon.

Zar Peter
2007-07-13, 12:56 AM

These odds are so bad for me, I nearly wanted to point at myself :smalleek:

But I think Shadow is on something, what do you mean, Xavier?

I always expected he's hiding something in his wheelchair. Another drink?

Yes please. And bring him one, too.

Zar Peter points at faerwain

Funkyodor
2007-07-13, 01:10 AM
"Ahh, waking up alive is pleasantly surprising."

Standard ritual, pinches self to make sure he's not a ghost who thinks he's alive. Followed by checking the closet for post stealing pirates. Shaking the grogginess out of his system, a romp through the ship appears to be in order. Hearing the debates and finger pointing...

"Whitehelm did have a good idea, but the chances you got anything useful from Alaras was small. And if you did get something, there was no guarantee it would be a scry device. But rest assured, Alara made a killing on this cruise. As to what I got? I got an autographed picture of Indurain in all his glory." *shudders*

"I'm gonna follow Shadow on this one."

*Points at faerwain*

Ink
2007-07-13, 02:58 AM
Ink's head appears suddenly over the side of the ship, startling several passengers. A few people recall that they haven't seen him in a couple of days, come to think of it. They assumed that he'd been doing his ninjaey sneaky hidey thing. The truth is that he had been having so much fun with the secret taco sidequest on the island stopover that he'd lost track of the time and so the ship left without him. Luckily he managed to hitch a ride on a fishing trawler that was headed the same way as the Madness. Smelling strongly of squid and with a couple of shrimp still stuck in his hair, he climbs up onto the deck and waves at Artemis97.

Spotting Zar Peter nearby, Ink goes over to him. "Man am I glad to see you again, my friend", he says, engulfing the gnome in a fishy hug.

Supagoof
2007-07-13, 10:44 AM
Supagoof point at Faerwain as well.

If Shadow's on the something, then I trust his lead.

((I shall be away from the weekend. Please don't autolynch me.))

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-13, 02:25 PM
Salmon points at Faerwain.

"Yeah, go on Shadow! Pummell him!"

faerwain
2007-07-13, 03:29 PM
Faerwain looks up from the game irritated.
"Huh? What is this hostility now? Okay, I got some luck at backgammon, but that's no reason to say I'm cheating. I mean, just grant me some luck, okay? After all, until now I'm on a so-called vacation where the ship is taken over by some Count Post or whatchacallhim, and the bandwagon to my Junior Ultra Soldier Commando Assault VehicleTMturns out to be a boring passenger bandwagon instead of of an exciting pirate one."

He faces the excited Almyighty Salmon.
"Aw, come on now. You just want revenge for your for species by seeing me beaten. I swear, I never went fishing. It's boring."

He points at Shadow.
"So, why do you accuse me?...And where the heck are your pants?!?"

whitehelm
2007-07-13, 04:20 PM
shadow: Ahh, but we know you're not going to point at a safe person.

faerwain: shadow is the one person we know as safe, and he's claimed to be in with the special roles. Pointing at him is very suspicious.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-13, 04:28 PM
faerwain: shadow is the one person we know as safe, and he's claimed to be in with the special roles. Pointing at him is very suspicious.

Not really. He *Magtok points at Shadow* could've been AMEN-ified long ago.

faerwain
2007-07-13, 04:29 PM
*slaps forehead*
Yeah, I'm re-pointing at the person who points at me, and demand an explanation. Now that is suspicion if I ever saw one!:smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2007-07-13, 04:31 PM
*Faerwain happily assembles the various gadgets of his Junior Ultra Soldier Commando Assault VehicleTM*

"..Turbo Mighty Über Hyper Laser Phaser...Sergeant Shredder's Symbitioc Syntheticon...additional Mobile Stellar Rocket Center(Rockets not included)...hey, wait, it's not complete..it's missing a bandwagon."*points at JX* "Do you have one?"

I found the evidence! He is using foreign letters!!!!

Shadow
2007-07-13, 04:52 PM
"I have no evidence to share, unfortunately. It's locked away in my fractured mind."

*Shadow then rubs his tummy, pats his head, and *waves to the ladies* all at the same time....*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-13, 04:59 PM
In deference to Shadow's claims of lack of definitive evidence, I choose to spare faerwain this time and *point at Akaziel*.

faerwain
2007-07-13, 05:20 PM
I found the evidence! He is using foreign letters!!!!

That's a Heavy Metal Umlaut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_umlaut).:smallcool: :smalltongue:

evnafets
2007-07-13, 05:20 PM
I kinda agree with you Zeb. Without more evidence I am loath to change my vote. However you yourself have not provided any evidence, so why should anyone follow you? Have you any grounds to suspect Almighty Salmon?
(( Damn-it - a simu ninja post edit to change your vote from Almighty Salmon to Akaziel. I SAW IT!)

With regards to Shadow having being recruited by the cult, I would say that it is highly likely. Once he was an obvious "safe" person not about to be killed by pirates or thrown overboard by passengers, he would be the perfect person for "Lord Magtok" to recruit.
However lynching Shadow right now is not the answer to that problem. Cut off an arm, and another will go back. We need to take out the head of the cult (aka "Lord Magtok") in order to be able to expunge them from our ranks.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-13, 07:34 PM
I kinda agree with you Zeb. Without more evidence I am loath to change my vote. However you yourself have not provided any evidence, so why should anyone follow you?Indeed, I have no evidence and would advise against anyone following my vote. I just don't wish to participate in the faerwain bandwagon at this point. Though, if he turns up to be a pirate, that'll be suspicious I wager. C'est la vie.

pingcode20
2007-07-13, 07:49 PM
Points at Faerwain

I'm of the opinion that *unless* Magtok gets himself killed, there really is no need to go after AMEN. As was pointed out earlier, if we get all the pirates (which seems to be a pretty long shot at this stage) and Magtok is still alive we all win cult victory anyway.

whitehelm
2007-07-14, 03:23 AM
I was thinking, if we do kill all the pirates and Magtok is still alive, he can still only recruit one person a night. We'll still have to lynch people every day while thats going on and those poor people will be forced to lose.

Alarra
2007-07-14, 11:35 AM
(eeep! Sorry for being about 13 hours late with this. For some reason I thought day ended tonight instead. :smallredface: )

Everyone turns on Faerwain in fury, deciding he simply must be a pirate. He protests, but it's of little use and he's eventually forced off the plank. There's a small splash, and you look over the railing, expecting to see no sign of the hopefully soon to be drowned 'pirate', but instead, there he bobs, floating happily with the use of his life jacket.

Eventually, someone takes pity on the poor guy and hauls him back in. You found no indication of what his role was or whether he even has one, while he was out bobbing at sea.

(Faerwain was 'lynched', but protected by a life jacket, which he bought at Trog's Tavern. Night Begins.)

faerwain
2007-07-14, 12:03 PM
"Bluurrrpp..squishhhlll..." Faerwain spits some water out of his helmet. "Someone hand me a towel, please?".

With a last hurt glance at the lynchmob, Faerwain drives to his cabin to change into a dry plate armour, the wheels of his chair squeaking reproachfully.

Akaziel
2007-07-14, 12:16 PM
Akaziel sighs, and hands Faerwain a towel. Here.

Indurain
2007-07-14, 10:57 PM
Due to the late posting of the daytime results. Night will be extended until tomorrow night 11 PM EST.

Shadow
2007-07-15, 02:49 PM
Nice save faerwain.
I wonder why you'd buy protection against lynching for this cruise....

faerwain
2007-07-15, 03:16 PM
Faerwain dries himself and hands the the dripping towel with the seaweed back to Akaziel. "Thank you, Sir."

With an annoyed sigh, he hands over a nice pictured " Letters and you - reading is fun!" schoolbook to Shadow and tries to sound sarcastic himself(mumbling through a still half water-filled helmet is not really helping).

"Here, my Master Shadow, you seem to need it. So, how pirate-ly of me to buy this Trog's, isn't it? Because the sign at Trog's clearly said 'Protective gear for Pirates against lynching,', not simple 'protective gear and misc. goods', right?
Tsk, A crazy pirate announces openly to let us walk the plank on this "vacation", and you hold my common sense to buy a life jacket against me."

((Buying goes:"I want to buy something from Trogs for so much gold coins", and then the narrators tell what you got. Getting a life jacket was luck, as far as I know it could've become a keg of dog ale as well. Barely works as a proof.))

Shadow
2007-07-15, 03:22 PM
heehee^
good one!

evnafets
2007-07-15, 03:36 PM
Just a question Faerwain - have you been wearing that lifejacket ever since you bought it from Trog's? Or did you put it on special today after people started pointing at you?

faerwain
2007-07-15, 04:23 PM
*claps on his wheelchair*
"I built a quick-draw holding device, so that it's always near in case of emergency."

((I had to specifically announce to the narrators when I want to use it. Seeing me with the most votes at the time I wanted to go to sleep[darn time zones!], I naturally did it.))

Indurain
2007-07-16, 01:01 AM
You awake in the morning, expecting to hear screams as a body is discovered.

Silence.

Slowly you get out of your bed and make your way to the main deck. Everyone is too scared to take a roll call, so no one can really tell if anyone is missing. Slowly people begin to go about their day. Things are going fine until someone notices something new on the ship.

Hidden away in a corner is a vending machine that no one can recall seeing before.

Day begins now. Ends July 17. 11 PM EST.

And to give you a heads up…next day will be another shopping day.

Khaldan
2007-07-16, 01:09 AM
Huh. Did the pirates kill anyone?

Helgraf
2007-07-16, 01:11 AM
"What the devil?"

*blinks slowly*

pingcode20
2007-07-16, 01:34 AM
It's clearly a pirate! Destroy it!

Points at the EEEEEVIL Vending machine

evnafets
2007-07-16, 01:41 AM
I insert a coffee mug into the vending machine :smallbiggrin:

Hmmm. Noone obviously dead. I'm going to pick up where I left off yesterday. I still find Akaziel suspicious. evnafets points at Akaziel

EDIT: changing vote

Indurain
2007-07-16, 01:48 AM
As evnafets inserts the coffee mug into the vending machine, a loud clunking noise can be heard. All heads turn towards the machine as the clunking grows louder. The machine begins to shake as it seems something is lodged inside. Finally with one last violent shake there is a very loud *CLUNK*

Sitting in the disposal tray is something green. evnafets reaches in and grabs the item, only to realise it's an empy turtle's shell covered in blood. Evnafets drops the shell, jumping back in shock. All anyone can do is stare as the shell spins on the deck. Still sitting in the machine is Raldor's boarding pass.

Raldor was killed by the Pirates. He was a passenger.