PDA

View Full Version : Corridors



Calamity
2007-06-30, 05:05 PM
My new crazy idea! :smallbiggrin:

The rules:
There will be an number of corridors to choose from (beginning with 3), with those corridors being either safe corridors, unsafe corridors, or certain-death corridors:

Safe corridors: These corridors, should they be chosen, lead to somewhere safe (you cannot die in these corridors!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsafe corridors: If you choose an unsafe corridor, you will have 4 options, 1 of them leads to certain safetly, one of them leads to certain death, and the others will require you to roll a d100. The DC for these will be randomly decided. Do not think that the choices will always be obvious!

Example:

Options:
1) Run from the falling boulders (DC84)
2) Do nothing (Death)
3) Search for sceret door (DC35)
4) Use acrobatics to dodge the boulders (Surivival)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Certain-Death corridors: Well, this pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Example of Gameplay:

Players:
Roy
Elan
Haley
Thog
Nale
Durkon

Corridors:
Corridor A
Corridor B
Corridor C

Elan, Thog and Haley decide to go down Corridor A
Roy decides to go down Corridor B
Nale and Durkon head down corridor C

Roy is calmly walking along, enjoying his break from the rest of the group, when he hears a rumble from up above, he looks up just in time to see the roof falling on top of him. (Certain Death)

Nale and Durkon nearly break into a fight, until Nale runs off, however they both find the way to another junction of corridors. (Safe)

Elan, Thog and Haley find themselves in a damp room with a pipe coming out of the wall and a door at the other end of the room. All of a sudden water comes flying out of the pipe and the Chaotic trio find themselves in danger of drowning! (Unsafe)

Options:
1) Swim up the pipe
2) Swim towards the door
3) Stay in water and hope it doesn't fill up to the ceiling
4) Look for a oxygen tank

Results:

Elan looks for an oxygen tank (DC78) buthe can't find one and drowns while looking (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1129349)

Thog tries the swim up the pipe, but the current of the water pushes him back, he continues to try but runs of breath in the process and drowns.

Haley swims towards the door and tries to open it, and it works! She is blasted down the corridor by the flow of water that escape the room and ends up lying on the floor soaking wet in the same room as Durkon and Nale.

Alive:
Haley
Durkon
Nale

Dead:
Roy
Elan
Thog

So yeah, any interest? I made that sound more complicated than it is.

Castaras
2007-07-01, 06:58 AM
Get rid of the screen stretch and I'll be in. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2007-07-01, 07:24 AM
this belongs in structured games, its needlessly complicated anyways.

edit: after reading the thing multiple times, i think i get it...i might join...

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-01, 07:25 AM
I'm in.
How many people do you think you will need?
Do we PM the actions to you or post them in the thread?

Akaziel
2007-07-01, 08:12 AM
I'm in. Do we have to make the rolls ourselves, or we just make the actions?

Calamity
2007-07-01, 11:09 AM
Get rid of the screen stretch and I'll be in. :smalltongue:

Screen stretch? Please point out where.


this belongs in structured games, its needlessly complicated anyways.

Umm, yes I know this, and only mods can move things into there, you can't post new threads there.


I'm in.
How many people do you think you will need?
Do we PM the actions to you or post them in the thread?

1) Doesn't matter how many people we have, it might be a little more fun with many though.
2) I don't see why you can't post them, so save my inbox space and post them!


I'm in. Do we have to make the rolls ourselves, or we just make the actions?

No, I'll do all the rolling, so most of the complicated bit is only stuff I really need to worry about.

Artemis97
2007-07-01, 12:32 PM
This looks like fun, sign me up.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-01, 01:02 PM
You can count me in! :smallsmile:

Calamity
2007-07-01, 01:54 PM
Sign ups:
Castaras
The Randomizer?
KazilDarkEye
Akaziel
Artemis97
Almighty Salmon
Zar Peter
Pwenet
Bitzeralisis
MrEdwardNigma
Voidhawk
PirateMonk

Zar Peter
2007-07-01, 02:15 PM
In, please!

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-01, 02:25 PM
At what time will the game begin/the signups end?

Castaras
2007-07-01, 02:52 PM
Certain-Death corridors: Well, this pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Example of Gameplay:




That line stretches my screen.

But yeah, I'm in. Just to confirm.

Calamity
2007-07-01, 03:07 PM
That line stretches my screen.

But yeah, I'm in. Just to confirm.

Fixed that for you.



At what time will the game begin/the signups end?

I dunno yet, but the response has been pretty good, so it may start quite soon.

Pwenet
2007-07-01, 03:09 PM
Add me in please.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-02, 01:34 PM
I'm in.

EDIT: Oh yes. Want to make the game a bit more complex? Associate each chance thing with a skill, and let each player choose a skill to be "good" at. Gives 'em a +20 or so bonus.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-03, 08:41 AM
I'm in too...Certain death in the first turn lies ahead for me! yay!

Calamity
2007-07-03, 05:00 PM
Okay everyone I have decided that registration will close on Wednesday, 4th July 3PM EST

Voidhawk
2007-07-04, 08:00 AM
I'm in too (just in time)

PirateMonk
2007-07-04, 08:46 AM
I'll join, I guess.

Calamity
2007-07-04, 02:11 PM
Registration Closed!

Corridors: The Cave of T'naig

The 12 adventurers enter the cave, which at first, seems alot smaller than it is. Once they get inside however, they realise that the cave is a lot larger than they first thought! Castaras lights a wooden torch, which reveals 3 seperate passageways. The Randomizer points to a sign above the middle passageway, it reads: "Life can be found in all three of these passages, but one of them contains more risk than the others."

KazilDarkEye, Akaziel, Artemis97 and Almighty Salmon all break out into speculation (as any GitPer would) about what this could mean. Zar Peter lights his own wooden torch and spots a sign on the wall at the side, it reads: "Fear not too much, yet, as none of these passageways in this room will lead you directly to the afterlife."

After a short discussion between Pwenet, Bitzeralisis, MrEdwardNigma, Voidhawk and PirateMonk, the group decide they should split up, and choose more than one passageway to maximise the chance they have of finding the treasure.

Calamity
2007-07-04, 02:13 PM
Players:
Castaras
The Randomizer
KazilDarkEye
Akaziel
Artemis97
Almighty Salmon
Zar Peter
Pwenet
Bitzeralisis
MrEdwardNigma
Voidhawk
PirateMonk

Corridors:
Corridor A
KazilDarkEye
Bitzeralisis
Voidhawk
Corridor B
Almighty Salmon
Zar Peter
MrEdwardNigma
Corridor C
Artemis97
PirateMonk
LordVader
Akaziel

You have until Saturday 7th July, 3PM EST to post your actions (No PM's are needed)

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-04, 02:41 PM
I'm going to go down Corridor B, now who's coming with me? :smalltongue:

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-04, 02:43 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going with real world instinct, so I'm headed down Corridor A (my real name is Alistair)

So, yeah sign me up for A

Artemis97
2007-07-04, 02:44 PM
I'll go down C as no one's chosen that one yet.

Zar Peter
2007-07-04, 04:59 PM
I will follow the Salmon, he did it quite well in Team Ready Aim Fire!

Zar Peter goes into corridor B

Madmal
2007-07-04, 05:02 PM
yeah, i'm in

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-04, 05:59 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going with real world instinct, so I'm headed down Corridor A (my real name is Alistair)

So, yeah sign me up for A

"Alistair"? Really? wow...
I'll go down corridor B, following Salmon. Always follow the Salmon's nose, as an old saying says. And another claims the middle road is always the best one, so I can't go wrong!

PirateMonk
2007-07-04, 06:44 PM
*Charges down Corridor C.*

LordVader
2007-07-04, 06:49 PM
I'll follow PM down Corridor C.

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-05, 12:29 AM
Malmagor and LordVader, the signup was over.

Oh and by the way MrNigma, what's wrong with my name?

Calamity
2007-07-05, 09:51 AM
Eh, I suppose I could be kind and let them join, the game hasn't really started until 1) I have all your actions or 2) Saturday

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-05, 06:37 PM
Heh. I'll roll a d6 to decide my corridor.

2. That means I'm going down (dramatic zoom-in to eyes and those black slit things at the top and bottom) Corridor A. *DUM DUM DUMMM!!!!*

Voidhawk
2007-07-06, 05:26 AM
I'm going to quietly sidle down Corridor A, keeping behind KazilDarkeye

Akaziel
2007-07-06, 05:32 AM
I light my own torch and walk down Corridor C.

Calamity
2007-07-07, 11:07 AM
Less than 3 hours left and 4 people still need to choose a corridor, or face certain DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!

Calamity
2007-07-07, 04:11 PM
The 13 adventurers are still deciding on what corridor to go down, when Akaziel lights his own wooden torch and inadvertadly lights a stick of dynamite. The adventurers all race towards the cave entrance, but the ceiling around the entrace caves in while Castaras and The Randomizer are under it.

Panicking, KazilDarkEye, Bitzeralisis and and Voidhawk all dash down the left corridor. The corridor is slightly damp but there appears to be nothing dangerous. The group discover some graffiti on the wall, it appears to say: Good choice. Eventually, the group come to a opening, with another 3 corridors at the other side.

Almighty Salmon races down the middle corridor, followed by Zar Peter and MrEdwardNigma. The corridor leads them to an empty room. The 3 of them get the feeling that there is something fishy (pardon the pun, Almighty Salmon) going on. Suddenly, 4 figures jump out, 1 in each corner of the room.
They are each wearing different colours. 1 is wearing red, 1 blue, 1 yellow and 1 green. The red one says: "We're going to have a quiz, and if you get a wrong answer, you die! But here's the catch, different colours have different difficulties, so if you make the wrong choice then it's time to say bye-bye!"

Artemis97 leads PirateMonk, LordVader and Akaziel down the right corridor, and it is the right corridor in both senses! The corridor leads them directly to the same room as KazilDarkEye, Voidhawk and Bitzeralisis. The group of 7 wonder what has become of the other 4 adventurers and mourned the loss of Castaras and The Randomizer.

Pwenet had just woken up, "Man, that's the last time I ever drink an unknown potion in a cave, where did everyone go?" And that's when Pwenet saw the dynamite. "Oh Sh--"

BOOM!!!

The group who had already made it to the next set of corridors, feared the worst for all 4 of the remaining adventurers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe:
KazilDarkEye
Bitzeralisis
Voidhawk
Artemis97
PirateMonk
LordVader
Akaziel

Unsafe:
Almighty Salmon
Zar Peter
MrEdwardNigma

Dead:
Castaras
The Randomizer
Pwenet

For those of you who are unsafe, here are your options:

1) Take the Red Quiz
2) Take the Blue Quiz
3) Take the Yellow Quiz
4) Take the Green Quiz

You have until Monday 9th July, 3PM EST to choose your fate inside Corridor B.

Castaras
2007-07-07, 04:13 PM
A pm to know the game had started would have been nice...but meh.

Shoulda checked this thread really...:smallsigh:

Zar Peter
2007-07-07, 04:28 PM
I'll take the yellow quiz, please!

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-07, 04:31 PM
Woot! My instincts rock! Pitty about the dynamite though.
Goodbye Casteras, Randomizer and Pwenet :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Artemis97
2007-07-07, 04:38 PM
Hooray for not following the pack! too bad about the others though, Good luck with the quizes, I hope there's no math involved.

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-07, 06:06 PM
Ouch! Bad pun :smallwink:

I'll take the green quiz please.

Calamity
2007-07-10, 09:56 AM
Zar Peter runs to the quiz master in yellow clothing. The yellow quizmaster says: "Have you mad the right choice? Answer the following question to find out." The quizmaster pulls out a yellow card. "Do you want to survive?

Zar Peter: "Umm... yes?

"Excellent, you have passed the quest, you will be transported by a teleportation beam in just a few seconds, any Star Trek references and you will be teleported into a pit of lava." At this point Zar Peter saw the yellow quizmaster's name badge, he was apparently called Scotty.

"Wait, you mean, that's all? All the que--" Zar Peter was beaming by this point, literally. He found himself in the same room as the other adventurers.

-----

Almighty Salmon had already chosen the green quiz by now. He was ready the answer the question that was being read off of a green card.

"What is 637?"

"Wait, how the heck I am supposed to know that!?"

"Answer or DIE!!"

"Okay, okay... I think it's 258,474,852"

"I'm afraid you are WRONG!!! The answer is 258,474,853!"

But, but...." Almighty Salmon never got chance to say how unfair the quiz once, as the green quizmaster had already activated his trap, plunging the poor fish into a pit of spikes. (Very original trap, don't you think?)

---

MrEdwardNigma was just standing at the entrance throughout Zar Peter and Almighty Salmon's perfomances. The red quiz master said to him: "Hey, are you gonna choose something or what?"

"..."

"Hello?"

"..."

"Well, if you're going to act like a statue, you may as well be one, FLESH TO STONE!"

And MrEdwardNigma was now just an ornament in the quizmasters' room, and he still stnads there to this very day.

And now to reveal the DCs of the options!:

1) Take the Red Quiz (DC9)
2) Take the Blue Quiz (DC49)
3) Take the Yellow Quiz (Survival)
4) Take the Green Quiz (Death)

------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

Alive:
KazilDarkEye
Bitzeralisis
Voidhawk
Artemis97
PirateMonk
LordVader
Akaziel
Zar Peter

Dead:
Castaras
The Randomizer
Pwenet
Almighty Salmon
MrEdwardNigma

Calamity
2007-07-10, 10:06 AM
The group helped up the slighty disorientated Zar Peter and asked him what has happened to Almighty Salmon, MrEdwardNigma and Pwenet. He repiled "I think that the worst has happened to Salmon and Nigma. But Pwenet wasn't with us so, I doubt he's alive at all." The whole party turned silent, wondering just how many more are going to die in this cave. They lookedo the corridors in front of them, and decidedthe only way they would ever get out is to carry on. Maybe there was another exit somewhere, not many cared about the treasure now.

Players:
KazilDarkEye
Bitzeralisis
Voidhawk
Artemis97
PirateMonk
LordVader
Akaziel
Zar Peter

Corridors:
Corridor A
Corridor B
Corridor C

You have until Thursday 12th July, 3PM EST to choose your corridor.

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-10, 10:52 AM
I head down corridor C

(Instincts* don't fail me now)




*This one is based on secret information

Artemis97
2007-07-10, 10:56 AM
I'll Travel down Corridor A please.

PirateMonk
2007-07-10, 11:15 AM
*Runs down Corridor B screaming*

Zar Peter
2007-07-10, 03:09 PM
Hmmmmm follow Belkar or Haley?

Sneaks down Corridor A

wasn't really a hard decission

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-10, 07:16 PM
Magic dice! Tell me the way! *rolls a 3 with a d6*
"Corridor B it is!"
I cast levitate on myself (just because I can) and float down corridor B.

Calamity
2007-07-12, 09:50 AM
Deadline soon, and 3 people still need to choose their corridor.

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-14, 03:53 AM
Um...deadline was 2 days ago, I think we're gonna have more casulties.

Akaziel
2007-07-14, 05:04 AM
Uh... Corridor B.

Voidhawk
2007-07-14, 11:42 AM
I take corridor B

If I must die, I shall not fall in the cold alone, but follow one of YOU screaming into the final dark...

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 11:53 AM
when you start round 2 sign me up :smallbiggrin:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-14, 12:42 PM
@^: Same on the auto-notify please

Calamity
2007-07-15, 01:38 PM
Ok, every, I want to say, I'm so srry for my absence, but you know, real life suddenly gets all busy unexpectadly and you find yourself unable to do anything that you planned to do. Anyway you'll all just have to wait a little longer until I finish what is going to be a long week for me :smallfrown: But after it's all over, I have 6-week holidays, which means I'll often have time to kill.

Thank you for your patience.
:smallsmile:

KazilDarkeye
2007-07-21, 03:39 PM
Just to bump the thread and hope that we get our resolution soon.

:elan: Oh, man. I hate weekend cliffhangers
:roy: Well if you hadn't decided to speak in the last panel you would know.

Calamity
2007-08-12, 04:40 PM
Hey all, I'm still alive (I think) here. Sorry for the 4 week absence, here's my bad explanation:
Week 1: Yeah, as I said, that was when I was swamped with schoolwork.
Week 2: I get full computer acess back, and the keyboard breaks down, couldn't get a new one until weekend
Weeks 3 & 4: Almost as soon as I get my new keyboard, I had to go to Blackpool for 2 weeks. And i got sunburnt. Yeah, in Britain. :smallconfused:

Anyway the results WILL be up tommorow. :smallsmile:

Calamity
2007-08-13, 03:21 PM
Artemis97 calmly begins to walk down Corridor A. Zar Peter decides to follow her, trusting her instincts. The corridor is dimly lit but they make it to a clearing, in front of them (North), they see four passageways. They both start to worry as it seems that the path to survive is becoming less clear.

--------------------------------------------

The main bulk of the group, PirateMonk, Bitzerlisis, Akaziel and Voidhawk head down the middle corridor, all seems well until they reach a room, on the walls are 4 large squares, each with a number from 1 to 4 engraved on them. Directly in front of the party is a message that reads: "1 number leads to safety, 2 lead may lead to either life or death, and 1 leads to certain death. Choose wisely." Akaziel walks up to one large squares on the wall, and with small tone of truimph in his voice he informs the group: "They're buttons!! You know, them things that you press!"
Bitzeralisis replies, "Yeah, but we have to choose the right one... otherwise we might... die..." A cold silence sweeps the room as the realisation sinks in.

-----------------

KazilDarkEye was struggling to carry LordVader, who had fainted due to the extremity of the situation, down Corridor C. 'Gee, for someone who must have trouble eating being under that mask all the time, he's dang heavy!' Kazil thought to himself. This corridor got darker as they traveled down it, until it became pitch black. "Oh man, if only Akaziel was here, he had a torch... wait a second why do I feel like I'm falling?" Well, the answer was, Kazil was falling, and neither LordVader or KazilDarkEye would ever wake up again after that fall.

-----------------
-----------------
Corridors:
Corridor A = Safe
Corridor B = Unsafe
Corridor C = Death

Choices for those in corridor B:
1) Push button 1
2) Push button 2
3) Push button 3
4) Push button 4

Alive:
Bitzeralisis (Unsafe)
Voidhawk (Unsafe)
Artemis97
PirateMonk (Unsafe)
Akaziel (Unsafe)
Zar Peter

Dead:
LordVader (Inactive)
KazilDarkEye
Castaras
The Randomizer
Pwenet
Almighty Salmon
MrEdwardNigma

Ok unsafe people, you have 'til Thursday 16th August, 2PM EST to choose your button!

KazilDarkeye
2007-08-13, 03:27 PM
Gah! Inform me when the 2nd one starts, and I hope I don't have a certain chance of death next time...<grumble, grumble>

PirateMonk
2007-08-13, 04:08 PM
PirateMonk closes his eyes and hits button 1.

Calamity
2007-08-13, 04:13 PM
Here it is, the mighty auto-inform list!:

KazilDarkEye
Raiser_B1ade
Xykon_Fan
Artemis97
pingcode20
Malic
dun-dun-DUUN
Xykon_Fan
Voidhawk
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Neodan282
Traveling Angel
Helgraf
Fleeing Coward
Korias
banjo1985

Okay, if anyone else wants in, just say.

Artemis97
2007-08-14, 12:18 AM
Add me to the auto inform list and do I need to choose a corridor or will the survivores from the other corridor be joining us?

pingcode20
2007-08-14, 02:24 AM
Auto inform me please.

Akaziel
2007-08-14, 02:30 AM
Akaziel rushes up to Button 2 and presses it.

Malic
2007-08-14, 02:47 AM
Add me to the Auto-Inform list please. I feel like joining the second game.

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-14, 04:03 AM
Auto-inform me, please.

Calamity
2007-08-14, 07:14 AM
Add me to the auto inform list and do I need to choose a corridor or will the survivores from the other corridor be joining us?

You don't have to choose your corridor yet. Only when the others join you (or if they all manage to pick the wrong button, then they won't join you :smalltongue:)

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-14, 09:52 AM
Heh, I thought Ink had suddenly taken this over for some reason...

Okaaay, *Sheepishly hides face*...Add me to the auto-notify.

Voidhawk
2007-08-14, 09:59 AM
Auto-inform too please!

Voidhawk catiously sidles up and taps button 3

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-14, 02:02 PM
This looks fun, could I be on the Auto-notify list please?

Neodan282
2007-08-14, 02:19 PM
I'd like to be on the auto-notify list.

Calamity
2007-08-18, 04:57 PM
PirateMonk closes his eyes and hopes that he has chosen the right button, as his finger presses button 1. He is teleported into what seems like an obstacle course. There is a loud rumble from behind him, instantly he swivels round to see a large wall covered in spikes. The only to survive was to go through the obstacle course.

"Holy crap! I'm not the Prince of Persia!"

Fueled by his will to suvive, PirateMonk becomes surprisigly agile and is able to swing across ropes, jump from poles to columns and ledge and avoid the deadly traps throughout the course. Everything seems to be going his way until he reaches a very large gap in the floor. "Damn it, I'll never make it across there, what I am going to do!?" He makes a a spot check and spots a rope coil stuck on the ceiling! It seems to be attached at both ends. PirateMonk checks behind him and the wall is gaining on him, crushing everthing in it's path! Once more PirateMonk hopes for his life, as he throws the dagger towards one of the hooks holding the rope coil. A loud "CLANG!!!" echoes through the room. Nothing happens for a few seconds, but then the hook suddely starts slipping off. PirateMonk was sweating with fear and anticipation now, as the wall was getting closer and closer. Finally the hook gave way, and the rope finally fell, enablig PirateMonk to swing across, but only if he grabbed it at the right moment. As the rope swung down and strecthed to it's total length, it then swung toward PirateMonk, due to the angle it had fallen. PirateMonk knew that this would be his only chance, it was either swing or die. He closed his eyes, and jumped, reaching out for the rope. As his hands felt the rope material, he gripped them and opened his eyes. He was swinging across. There was only one thing that was needed to do now, jump at the right moment. Needless to say, PirateMonk refused to fall at the last hurdle, he jumped, but only barely grabbed the ledge with his hands. He struggled to pull himself up, but as he did, he finally saw the exit. There was a portal in front of him, and instantly he ran as fast as he could towards it, as the spiked wall was right on his back. PirateMonk was now on the other side of the portal.

------------

Akaziel decides not to follow PirateMonk, but notices that Bitzeralisis has fallen on the floor. He shouts to Voidhawk, "What's wrong with him? Is he dead?!
"Huh? People don't just die for no reason at all, there's nothing wrong with him! He's just sleeping"
"Sleeping? How can anyone sleep in these conditions?"
"Maybe it's just his way of dealing with the trauma of the situation. People do weird things when they're scared. This one time, when I was younger--"
"Listen, I don't want to know what weird things you did when you were younger, Voidhawk, because everyone does them, but they are NOT meant to be shared with others, especially not in situations like this."
"Oh, so what weird thing did you--
"NOT IN SITUATIONS LIKE THIS, I SAID! Anyway, I'll take Bitzeralisis here and press button 2."

Akaziel drags Bitzeralisis to button 2, and presses it. 'I really hope I've made the right choice' They are teleported to a small room. There are no exits but Akaziel spots a pipe coming out of the wall, the end of the pipe is covered by one of those metal grid-like things (I don't know what they're called) that would prevent most soild things getting through. Akaziel starts to panic as there are no exits and the pipe is too high up. Suddenly, water starts to pour out of the pipe at an alarming rate. The room is quickly beginning to be submerged in water. Akaziel splashes about in a desperate panic. The room becomes fully submerged and Bitzeralisis' body can no longer float on the surface, yet he still does not wake up. Akaziel swims towards the pipe, which has stopped pumping water, and tries to break break the metal-grid blocking his path. Losing his breath, each attempt is more desperate, but alas, each attempt is more futile too. Both Bitzeralisis and Azakiel, rested in an underwater tomb.

-----------------

Voidhawk gathered his courage, he was the only one left to choose a button. He had seen the others disappear, and wondered if he would see any of them again, whether he made it through or not. He walked slowly up to button 3. Was this the right button? He knew every decision he made in this cave could be his last. Although it wasn't a cave anymore, now it seemed more like a dungeon. It seemed like someone was intentionally doing this to them. He wondered if it was even possible to escape this cave. He turned around and eyed button 4, and the other 2 buttons. How could he choose? How could he gamble his life like that? Why was this happening? Holding his head in thought, he turned back to button 3. "I must go with my instincts, I've survived this far..." He slowly moved his hand towards the button. And like the others, was teleported away.

Voidhawk opened his eyes and saw Artemis97 and Zar Peter leaning over him.
"Well, THAT was anticlimatic" Voidhawk muttered.
"Are you okay?" whispered Artemis97.
"Where are the others?"
"Well, PirateMonk is here, but he's resting right now. He looked really exhausted when he found us."
"What about Akaziel and Bitzeralisis, are they here?"
Artemis97 looked away before revealing a solemn expression.
"No, Voidhawk, I am afraid they're not." Zar Peter explained the look on Artemis97's face. "Listen, we should all get some rest, you and PirateMonk need it more than we do, so we'll take turns on guard duty. If they're not here by the time you're both fully rested, then...well.... we can only think the worst."

------------
------------

DC's of the options:
1) Push button 1 (DC 34) PirateMonk rolled 67 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1213968)
2) Push button 2 (Death)
3) Push button 3 (Safe)
4) Push button 4 (DC 65)

Alive:
Voidhawk
Artemis97
PirateMonk
Zar Peter

Dead:
Akaziel
Bitzeralisis (Inactive)
LordVader
KazilDarkEye
Castaras
The Randomizer
Pwenet
Almighty Salmon
MrEdwardNigma

Calamity
2007-08-18, 05:05 PM
Fully rested, The remaining four get ready for the next 'day.' Although they have no way of telling what time it is or whether it's light or dark outside. There is still no sign of Akaziel or Bitzeralisis, so the already horrible atmosphere gets worse. The group decides that there is little hope for them, and agree they they need to keep moving. So which corridor is next?

A, B, C, or D?

Alive:
Voidhawk
Artemis97
PirateMonk
Zar Peter

Corridors
Corridor A
Corridor B
Corridor C
Corridor D

You have until Tuesday 21st August, 2PM EST to decide

Zar Peter
2007-08-18, 05:38 PM
Wow! I would like to hear the story if PirateMonk had chosen button D and than rolled a 67 :smallbiggrin: .

That was awesome written, Calamity!

I'll take Corridor D, please.

Artemis97
2007-08-18, 07:46 PM
Artemis surveys the four passages before her and, after a moment's thought, steps down Corridor B

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-18, 09:33 PM
I'd like to be added to the auto-inform list please.

Awesome game.

PirateMonk
2007-08-19, 11:24 AM
"If we all go to separate corridors, at least one of us should survive."

As he says this, PirateMonk goes down Corridor C.

Calamity
2007-08-21, 01:59 PM
"Okay, are we all ready?" Zar Peter asked
"Yes"
"Yeah, wait hold on a minute, one of my daggers is missing!" PirateMonk repiled after searching for his weapons.
"I thought you said you had to throw one of your daggers at the ceiling above a large pit, in order to save, as you put it, 'your own ass'."
Yeah, but everyone knows that if you have twin daggers, you throw one of them, and it automatically comes back.
"So why hasn't it automatically come back this time?"
"Well, DUH!!! I didn't throw it that's why!"
"What, hey wait a minute, where's Voidhawk?"

Artemis97, Zar Peter and PirateMonk all turn around at once, to see Voidhawk holding a dagger a few inches in front of his chest.
"Oh, oh no."
"He wouldn't....he can't!"
"Who does he think he is, stealing MY dagger to do his dirty work!?"
"Voidhawk you must listen to me," Zar Peter approached him. "I know it's been hard, but I have the feeling that it's almost over. You don't have to do this, we've all been through the same thing, we can do this together"
"No, why should I go and die a gruesome, painful death, when I can just stab myself in the heart, and it's over and done with? We may as well face, we're never going to escape from here."

"10 gold says he does it," PirateMonk said to Artemis97 as they watched from the sidelines.
"I-- WHAT!? How can you say that!?" There was both shock and anger in Artemis97's voice.
"You're right, I'm sorry, but I've got to keep in the running for BelkarITP, haven't I?"
"Yeah, well, you did just massacre something."
"Huh? What's that?"
"The 4th wall."

"There is one thing I want before I die though, and that's some last words that aren't cliched."
"Listen, you don't have to say ANY last words if you just don't do it!"
"But look over there, a poster advertising Nike, that's telling me to do it, so I will, screw the last words!"
"NO!"
But Zar Peter and Artemis97's simultaneous cries were to no avail, as the dagger was now lodged in Voidhawk's chest. The life in his eyes were gone, almost instantly, as he fell to the ground.

"THAT'S IT! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! I'M GETIING OUT OF HERE NOW!" Artemis97 shouted as she ran down Corridor B, tears in her eyes.
"Wait, Artemis!" Zar Peter and PirateMonk tried to run after her but none of them saw which corridor she ran down.
"Hmm, ok, Zar, you take that last one, and I'll take this one."

What they didn't realise, is that that neither of them choose the same one as Artemis97.

------------

Artemis97 was running. Running at full speed. She didn't care where the corridor led, she just ran. It wasn't long though before she saw a hint of light. Her watery eyes suddenly lit up at the sight of this new hope. As she got closer it started to look more and more like the exit back into the great outdoors. And she was right, because as she came out of the corridor, the bright light of the Sun shone down upon her.

------------

"Huh, well I had quite a long description of my previous attempt to survive, I wonder if I'll get one this time." PirateMonk said to himself while walking down Corridor C. Suddenly, there was a rumble from above, and as PirateMonk looked up, the ceiling had collapsed! "Ahh! Cave in!" He cried as he was crushed by rock. "I... suppose.... that was.. bound to happen... after a... line like...that." And after that sentence, PirateMonk took one last breath, and after that, he breathed no more.

------------

"Welcome, Zar Peter"
"How do you know my name?" Zar Peter asked as he walked in to the room.
"It matters not, only that you're going to die, just like the rest of your friends!"
"So you're the one that's behind it all, show yourself! You got a world of hurt coming towards you buddy, how could you even think about killing all those people!?"
"They were after my treasure, just like you, are trying to say that stealing is not wrong?"
"No, but killing is much, much worse!"
"Look, I don't have time for this, could we stop bantering and actually move the plot just a tiny bit? Before you are 4 weapons, a sword, a bow, an axe and a staff. Now, you must choose one of those weapons, and hope that they will enable you to survive. BWAHAHAHAH! I'M SO EVIL I CAN GET AWAY WITH POINTING OUT THE PAINFULLY OBVIOUS! NOW CHOOSE!"

--------------
--------------

Zar Peter, here are your choices.

1) Sword
2) Axe
3) Bow
4) Staff

The game will continue once you have made your choice (So long as it's not too soon, I've run out of writing steam :smalltongue::smalltongue:)

Alive:
Artemis97
Zar Peter (Unsafe)

Dead:
PirateMonk
Voidhawk (Inactive)
Akaziel
Bitzeralisis
LordVader
KazilDarkEye
Castaras
The Randomizer
Pwenet
Almighty Salmon
MrEdwardNigma

Helgraf
2007-08-21, 11:02 PM
Put me on autonotify for the next iteration.

Zar Peter
2007-08-22, 12:40 AM
I'm speechless because of this amazing story and try to work on something about my choose maybe today evening!

Artemis97
2007-08-22, 08:08 AM
Dare I hope that I might live through this thing?

Calamity
2007-08-22, 09:28 AM
Dare I hope that I might live through this thing?

You might, you might not. :smallamused: :smallwink:


I'm speechless because of this amazing story and try to work on something about my choose maybe today evening!

1) Thank you. :smallsmile:

2) Ooh, dramatic cliffhanger! :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2007-08-22, 12:19 PM
Hmmm, the weapons of a Barbarian, a Fighter, a Rogue and a Wizard?
Should I attack you with strenght and axe, without thinking?
Or should I fight a fair fight with the sword?
Cast some deadly spells on you?
Or sneak in the dark and try to hurt you where it hurts most?

I'll take the Bow, catch me if you can!

Calamity
2007-08-22, 02:40 PM
Zar Peter picks up the bow, an the wall in front of him suddenly disappears into the ground, He can see a target 10ft. in front of him.

Get a bullseye, and LIVE! If you miss, I have 100 CE halfling rangers hidng behind the other walls, and trust me, they love to cause someone the most excruciating, painful and slow eath they can think of. BWHAHAHAHAH!

Zar Peter gulped, and aimed his bow. The whole world seemed to have stopped as he released the arrow. He was watching it in slow motion, creeping towards its target. 8ft away now, and Zar Peter could not tell if I was going to hit the bullseye or not. 5ft away, and now he could see that the arrow would not hit the centre of the bullseye, but it could still hit the edge of the bullseye. 2ft, Zar Peter was shaking, he knew that if this missed the bullseye, it was all over, everything was over.

"THUNK!"

Zar Peter could not tell if he had hit the bullseye or not. But it didn't matter, as the target dropped to the ground and Zar Peter saw the light of the Sun shining upon him. A female figure appeared, blocking some of the light coming through the exit. As Zar Peter got closer he could tell the figure was Artemis97.

"You're okay!"
"Yeah, have I been gone long?"
"Hours! I was just aout to... give...up.. hope."
"Gee, I guess I really WAS in slow motion"
"Huh?"
"Nevermind, I can't believe we made it out!"
"Yeah well, we did.... but you see that blocked exit there? Please tell me PirateMonk didn't go down there.
Zar Peter looked in thought at the rock filling the gap in the wall. "No, no, NO!! He did go down that one"
A cold silence screamed across the sunny field, but it was cut short by a voice.

FOOLS! You think it's over already!? No, I have one more recipe for you to try out! Ohh the finger-licking metaphorical goodness, or evilness, as I like to call it.
Steel walls sprung up and surrounded Artemis97 and Zar Peter, reaching 10ft high.
"NO! I WON"T LET YOU KILL ANYONE ELSE!" Artemis97 screamed.
Aww, how sweet of you. But while you've been off swanning down all of the safe passageways there were allies you could've been helping."
"Don't you even try to use the guilt trip on her! You're the one who's been killing us all off, NOT HER! There is only one person who I know who deserves to die and THAT'S YOU!"
Eh, well, I was kinda hoping for a more indignant speech than that, but it will suffice. Behold!
Two portals appear in front of Zar and Artemis97. One blue, one green.
Both of you will choose one, if you both choose the wrong one, I WIN. If you both choose the right one (which is not likely, considering you've got at least one killed at every junction), then you both win, and if only one of you chooses the right one, then only one of you wins, and the fool who chooses the wrong one is DOOMED! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so Evil it hurts, or maybe it's because I'm laughing too much, HAHA! Meh, either way.

---------
Zar Peter rolled 86. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1219696)

The DC's of the options were

1) Sword - Death
2) Axe - DC86
3) Bow - DC17
4) Staff - Survival

---------
---------

Corridors:
Corridor A (Blue portal)
Corridor B (Green portal)

Game will continue after you have both made your choice. This is the last junction in Corridors 1.

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:20 PM
Calamity could add me to the Auto Notify update?

Artemis97
2007-08-22, 11:28 PM
Artemis looks back and forth between the two portals. "So what do we do Zar? Split up and hope one of us makes it or go down together for good or ill?"

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-22, 11:48 PM
Put me on the auto notify please.

Zar Peter
2007-08-23, 12:51 AM
Green or Blue, Green or Blue?

We can split, so is one safe. But who goes first? Or should we go at the same time?
OK, you can decide if you follow me, I'm making blue.

Artemis97
2007-08-23, 03:03 PM
And I'll take Green. Good luck.

Calamity
2007-08-24, 06:35 AM
:smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed:

I am very, VERY frustrated. I finish writing the whole ending thing, and all I have left is like, 1 or 2 words at most. But then my dad thinks, "Oh hey, I have a great idea! Let's trun the electricity off without telling anyone!"

Writing for the same thing a second time, and frustration causes my writing ability to severely suffer. Unless I'm killing someone off. But that was only one paragraph darn it. They usually die a horrible painful death though if I'm frustrated.

[frustrated celtic guardian]"I am so frustrated!"[/frustrated celtic guardian]

Cookie Shortbread biscuit for reference.

And remember kids: :smallannoyed:

banjo1985
2007-08-24, 06:44 AM
Oooo I've just found this...would love to be on the auto-notify, this sounds like fun!

Zar Peter
2007-08-24, 06:52 AM
:smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed:

I am very, VERY frustrated. I finish writing the whole ending thing, and all I have left is like, 1 or 2 words at most. But then my dad thinks, "Oh hey, I have a great idea! Let's trun the electricity off without telling anyone!"

Writing for the same thing a second time, and frustration causes my writing ability to severely suffer. Unless I'm killing someone off. But that was only one paragraph darn it. They usually die a horrible painful death though if I'm frustrated.

[frustrated celtic guardian]"I am so frustrated!"[/frustrated celtic guardian]

Cookie Shortbread biscuit for reference.

And remember kids: :smallannoyed:

:smallfrown:

Even if you are going to kill me: * Gnome Hug *

Calamity
2007-08-27, 07:17 AM
"So, we're splitting up then"
"It's the only way to mke sure at least one of us gets out alive"
"Yeah, well, one of us will die..."
...........
"Well, that's why we must both promise to seek revenge, if we survive."
"OK"

Slowly, Artemis97 and Zar Peter each walked up to their seperate portal.
"Good luck"
"You too"

------------

Zar Peter was falling. The portal energy swirled around him and he could see a light in front of him. He thought that it must be the exit. Suddenly, there was a loud 'BANG!' Panicking, Zar Peter looked around to see what was wrong. Nothig happened. Until the energy began to swirl around at high speed! Getting faster and faster, it was now spinning Zar Peter with it. "AAHHH I thought this was a portal not a tumble dryer!" He yelled as more loud bangs echoed. The energy started burstng everywhere, hitting Zar Peter as well. The energy was harmful but not lethal, and he continued to spin helplessly. As the energy got more and more out of control, it became clear to Zar Peter that the portal was collasping-- while he was in it. Zar Peter was now spinning so fast that it had rendered him unconscious, so he was unalbe to hear the last loud 'BOOM!' as the portal exploded, then collapsed into thin air.

----------------

Artemis97 had a much nicer ride. Stepping in the portal, the light at the end of it moved closer, and the energy in the portal swirled at the same spped throughout her journey. Still hoping nothing would go wrong at the last minute, she fell towards the light.

----------------

A few NPCs were walking down the street, going about their daily business, lik buying and selling apples. One of the NPCs suddenly pointed his finger towards the end of the street and shouted "LOOK!"

A green light appeared, at first, it was nothing more, but then it grew into a large portal, and a woman came flying out, beofre the green portal faded away.

"Are you okay?" Asked the apple vendor who had ran up to help
"Yeah, I think" Artemis97 replied
"You should probably get to the Inn"
"Is this a town?"
"Yes, this is Inlingshire, the town watched over by the great mansion." The vendor pointed towards the Eastern skyline, where a huge mansion was located on top of a towering hill. It gave Artemis97 a bad feeling.
"Uhhh, okay, I'll head off to the Inn now. I really, really need a rest"

-----------
-----------

Artemis97 won Corridors 1!!
*Do the victory dance!*

Stay tuned for the obligatory sequel!
Corridors 2: The Mansion of Inlingshire

Artemis97
2007-08-27, 12:21 PM
A moment of silence for Zar Peter

....


Moment over. Wow, I am shocked I survived this, random guessing and sheer dumb luck got me through. I can't wait for the next one. :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2007-08-27, 12:51 PM
Revenge me!

Congratulations Artemis!

One of my relatives will sign up for the next round, please!