PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Horror and Zombies!

SpiderKoopa
2007-07-04, 09:35 PM
Ok, I know I want to do for my next campaign is have it set like a horror movie with mostly zombies, I've got the concept down, but I need some help rule-wise.
I want to mod ad&d 2E rules to pull it off, but it seems like a bit more trouble than just messing around with d20 rules. The problem is, is that I have a friend who loathes d20 rules, hence me wanting to use ad&d...
Any tips? Or should I just tell that player, "Stfu, get over it, or don't play."?

SilverClawShift
2007-07-04, 10:37 PM
I never understood getting so hung up on the system that it detracts from your experience. To me it seems like the game is about you and your co-players, your DM, and the story you're in. Having fun. Experiencing the world your DM has set up for you.

You know.

Roleplaying.

That said, to each their own, and if D20 bugs him so much that he can't enjoy a good horrro campaign with his friends, then yeah, trying to find another option might be good. I can't think of any alternatives short of just abandoning the rules and giving the DM god-power beyond what he normally has (deciding when you need to roll and how much it'd be). And that's a very clunky solution.

Anxe
2007-07-04, 10:41 PM
Whenever I do Zombie stuff I always use GURPS. As for modding AD&D. Sorry can't help you.

Doi
2007-07-04, 11:43 PM
I still play AD&D with my friends and it's so good as D20.
But like SilverClawShift said, what realy matter it's the roleplaying not the system.

SpiderKoopa
2007-07-05, 01:20 AM
I've decided to take and mix both systems, hopefuly he won't notice/mind. <.<;;
I'm thinking I'll use the classes from d20 modern but changing them to fit in ad&d rules. It's a bit more work, but if everyone ends up happy, I suppose it'll be a success. Which is always good... I think...

Kurald Galain
2007-07-05, 08:42 AM
How about using Call of Ctulhu? The old version, not the d20 hack. It was quite specifically made for this.

DracoDei
2007-07-05, 10:09 AM
<Shameless Plug>I just hope my "Empty Skin" will see some play-test whatever the situation...</Shameless Plug>

Zeta Kai
2007-07-05, 12:11 PM
As an even more shameless plug, you could always try Resident Evil d20 (see my signature). It's crunchy, chewy, & full of zombie-apocalyptic horror-themed fun.

SpiderKoopa
2007-07-06, 01:57 PM
I've just decided to use d20 modern and if he doesn't like it, he can just not play. @_@ I'll homebrew the zombies though. =D