PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion II (IC thread)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-05, 12:29 AM
((seeing as it's the 4th of July here in the US, or at least is was yesterday, and as it so happens our theme is aliens, so it was only fitting to pay homage to the best July 4th movie...Independence Day.))

The town has gathered at the local park for the annual barbecue and firework display. Just as the fireworks are about to start, a green solar powered spec of a car buzzes up and out pops the scientist at the local satellite station with a piece of paper, and runs up to the closest microphone.

Sorry to interrupt the celebration, but I have a very important announcement. I have just received a message from outer space, and...

But before he could continue, three circular objects appear in the sky, and begin speeding towards the park, where they stop on a dime and hover over the crowd.

People of Earth, we are here to destroy your planet. But, before we do, we will be taking some of you as test subjects for our experiements. Prepare for the end.

The very moment the strange voice inside everyone's head is done a bright blue light shoots down from each of the spacecraft, and beams Purple Gelatinous Cube o' Doom and Doilemaster up as long as Farmer Brown's Wife. The three ships begin to zoom off as Farmer Brown gets up out of the lawn chair set in his pickup, takes his shotgun off the gun rack and shoots at the ship carrying his wife. The ship in question then gives a few sputters, and careens back towards the planet, crash landing in Farmer Brown's corn field, and everyone in town rushes out to the field. The crowd gathers in the crater the ship left as it crashed as farmer Brown advances on the craft, reloading his gun. A panel opens in the craft and an ugly looking green and black face with large glass-like eyes pops it's head out at the man that approaches him.

BANG!!!!

Farmer Brown give the alien a glance as it slumps back inside the machine. Welcome to Earth!!!!!

Day Begins and will end sometime on 7/6


List of players

Akaziel Area 51:Autolynched day 6
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the masked llama
Bassetking Villager: lynched day 4
Castaras Villlager: Lynched day 10
Crystall_Myr
CurlyKitGirl
Dartonus Villager: autolynch day 3
El Jaspero the Pirate King Villager: Autolynched day 4
Emerald Rose
Fleeing Coward
Flying elephant Villager: lynched day 9
Helgraf Alien:lynched day 5
Ink Villager: Lynched day 11
inky13112 Area 51: lynched day 1
janusnori Area 51: Autolynched day 11
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Mordokai Villager: Autolynched day 4
Nimbleswick
pingcode20 Alien: lynched day 4
Pwenet
radikalskippy
RocketBard
Supagoof Villager: Lynched Day 6
Rumda Villager: Autolynch day 3
Shadow Alien: Lynched Day 7
Vicarin Alien: lynched day 2
Voidhawk Villager: Lynched Day 8
Vonriel Villager: Lynched Day 7
Whitehelm Villager: lynched day 3
Xykon_fan Big Freakin' Alien: lynched day 12
Zar Peter

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-05, 12:34 AM
*The llama hides in the barn, away from the loud explosions and the gun that kills the sick animals*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-05, 12:45 AM
(Hmmm...what version of XF will appear this time? How about...How about assassin, stealthy, and quiet XF? Oh, I know, deaf assassin XF. Okay, there we go.)

A man walks up to the space ship, seeming to be sneaking, and actually hiding fairly well. What gives him away is not the sight of him, since you can barely make out a shadow among shadows, but the loud crunching of twigs, leaves, and small animals under his feet. He seems completely oblivious to the noise, and continues to sneak up on the space ship. Gliding into the clearing, he announces in a loud voice:
"Do not be alarmed everyone! I know I've surprised you due to my skill at sneaking, but I am a friend! I am the assassin XF, sent here to inform you that there are some among you who are not what they seem! They are aliens, sent to infiltrate your society and abduct you! The easiest way to purge them from the land is by mob-mentality-lynching! Start pointing at whoever you think is an alien!"

XF points at Farmer Brown :smalltongue:

I'll be gone for a few days possibly, since we start on the road again tomorrow. I'll try to check in, and I will change my vote, but I couldn't resist pointing at an NPC at least once.

Alarra
2007-07-05, 12:51 AM
The loud bang, scary objects, and mean nalien voices startle little Alarra and she sits down in the middle of the field and starts to cry. "I don't wanna be spearminted!" *sob*

Her mother eventually manages to get her calmed down and takes her into the crowd of people to figure out what's happened before they hurry home.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-05, 01:36 AM
A perfectly ordinary looking person who you probably thought was an NPC at first follows the crowd inconspicuously. "Aliens... this was unexpected."

pingcode20
2007-07-05, 05:53 AM
REPENT reads a large sign in the middle of town, sitting there. It spins around, and the message changes.

ALIENS ARE COMING

It spins around again, and the message has once again changed.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

The bizarre sign spins one more time.

ONLY $9.95 A DAY

It then cycles between these two messages, apparently waiting for someone to rent its signboard space.

Akaziel
2007-07-05, 07:03 AM
Hmm... alien ship... approximately 30 ft. in radius... class IV lasers... quite powerful. Great information. Akaziel arrives in the town by taxi. He sees the rotating sign and starts to wonder how to insert the money for renting the space. He knocks on the sign for a bit, waiting.

(Not a point)

pingcode20
2007-07-05, 07:53 AM
Below the sign is a little bag, and a marker pen tethered by a chain to the ground next to the sign.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Supagoof
2007-07-05, 08:48 AM
Beymar and Emiralk come walking in from off stage.

Oh Look! A sign for rent.

Let's rent it.

Okay, what should we make it say?

How about "Eat @ Joe's!" That's a classic.

Shouldn't we make it say something more modern?

Like what?

Let's go with "Eat @ Sneak's?"

Nah, that's to obvious. How about "For a good time, call Beymar's Mom. That's 1-800-B-E-Y-S-M-O-M?"

You're gonna pay for that comment...get over here! he screams, then opens a bag of holding letting a large white tiger out.

Sick him, boy!

OPAH!

The tiger begins chasing Emiralk around. Beymar consistently points at Emiralk to tell the tiger which way to head.

((Translation: Supagoof points at Supagoof))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 09:04 AM
((OOO new thread!! Hmm...character...))

A black sedan drives up and a woman in a fashionable trenchcoat gets out. She walks up to the crash site and starts talking into a tape recorder.

Day one. Impact Site. There appears to have been some kind of high velocity crash. Huge crater in a field. Some sort of vehicular rubble is scattered all over the ground and burning. The smell is incredible! There are people standing around everywhere in various states of distress. Little girl crying. Animals appear upset. There seems to be some sort of dead...thing on the ground. Going closer to investigate.

The woman carefully walks closer to the dead thing on the ground.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-05, 09:22 AM
(He was recently autolynched in Pirates...so he makes a good first day candidate for me)

*The llama finds a squirrel stealing his alfalfa and chases away Inky*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-05, 09:50 AM
The blue SUV with government plates pulls into the Burger King parking lot by mistake instead of the crash site. Pointing at his color maps in disgust "Stupid Google Maps! The crash site location isn't on here."

The irritated man parks the SUV at the Burger King parking lot. "Better get directions. And breakfast. And coffee. Mmmm coffee." He's dressed in a blue suit, has shortly cropped hair, and is wearing sunglasses. Taking his cell phone from it's holster on his belt, he quickly speed dials a number as he walks into the resturant.

"Hello Gladys, is Agent Gibbons in? He can't talk to me? Oh. He WON'T talk to me. Tell him I've arrived at his latest goose chase, and I appreciate his wasting my time. Thanks!"

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-05, 10:10 AM
A large, red-faced man whose complexion can be described as 'sweaty' forces his way through the crowd.

"And how do we know this is an actual alien invasion? Maybe it's the military, ever thought of that? This is just the sort of thing those slimy government officials would have the military do with advanced aerospace technology!

"Look, they even sent one of they're lackeys to silence people who figure it out!"

The man points aggressively at the government agent, that is, EmeraldRose.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 10:16 AM
I'm afraid you are mistaken. I'm a reporter with the SunCoast Times. Do you have a statement for the paper? The woman takes out a fedora with a white ticket in the brim that says 'PRESS', and puts it on. Then she holds out her recorder to the sweaty man. Where were you when the spaceship landed?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-05, 10:22 AM
"She even has a clever disguise! Kill her, before she 'silences' the lot of us!"

The large man, who had gained the nickname 'Fullbladder' from his coworkers for undisclosed reasons, begins to get antsy.

Supagoof
2007-07-05, 10:54 AM
Oooh, look at that. PRESS! Emiralk, over here.

Call your tiger off.

*Beymar calls tiger off. Emiralk comes over.*

What?!?

Look, a news reporter.

A reporter, does that mean?

Yep. We're gonna be famous! Let's go.
Beymar pulls out a unicycle, and Emiralk hops on his shoulders. The two wheel over juggling in front of Emerald Rose.

Hello, beautiful!

Hey, watch this.
Emiralk lights the juggling batons on fire, while Beymar does a handstand on the unicycle holding Emiralk up with his other hand. For some reason you get the image of perfermors in Cirque De Solei.

OPAH!

Castaras
2007-07-05, 12:10 PM
(( Hmm...I'll point at Xykon Fan while I try and think of a good character to use... ))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 12:15 PM
The reporter looks at the large man again and says, You seem to have a pressing need to be elsewhere at the moment, and points Fullbladder towards the nearest obvious facilities.

EmeraldRose then sees the acrobats tumbling towards her and claps with delight! Now here's a story! Front page here I come!! She takes out a camera and starts clicking photos of the tumbling duo. What are your names? How do you spell them? Where did you grow up? How long have you been working together? Are you willing to go on the road with your act? She stops taking pictures for a minute. I can see the headline now...Big Time Act Discovered in Small Town!! ... Well...I'll work on the wording later...We'll all be famous!!

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-05, 07:06 PM
A small gnome slowly walks up to the wrekage to examine crash site.

Looks like these bloodthirsty villagers finally got some real aliens to worry about now. Was getting sick of people wondering if I wasn't born in another galaxy.

And who's that little girl and her mother? Don't remember seeing them around these parts before. Fleeing points in the general direction of Alarra.

((I heard pointing at Alarra is a fast way of getting killed early :smallbiggrin: ))

Skippy
2007-07-05, 08:30 PM
The freakish boy known as Skippy, as he heard the news, got all excited and ran to his house, muttering something about forgetting his towel, then, once he got it, he ran to the square where all the others were gathering and said: "Hey, now I know they're real!! Ha! In your face, Troy!" (obviously speaking to himself, but making fun of the town's high school coreback, who always made fun of this Otaku)

Then suddenly reality strikes him and he says: "Holy ****! They're destroying us! No way!! Using all of my knowledge in alien behavior (as read in sci-fi books, Star Trek, Star Wars, manga and comic books from the 50's), I'll help the big guys to stop them...

Now let's see... They're between us... How can we tell who is one and who isn't? Perhaps that guy in there is one of them..." *Points at Fullbladder*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-05, 09:01 PM
Turning back into the resturant, US Air Force Captain Fairchilde, Special Agent of the Office of Special Investigations (OSI) turned over his shoulder and said "Thanks for the directions!"

His face unreadable, he pulls out his issued Blackberry cell phone and sends an email to HQ: "I'm off to meet the first contact here."

Unfortunately, he has already forgotten the directions the fry cook gave to him and he walks the wrong way - away from the crash site.

Using his finger to point at his list, he spots the first name Vicarin.

"I'm sure he has some information. I wonder where his house is?"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-07-05, 09:02 PM
El Jaspero runs through the crowd in terror, spilling root beer all over the place.

"OhmygodohmygodohmygodRUNFORYOURLIVES!!!!"

Helgraf
2007-07-05, 09:44 PM
"New Arleins? Flood took it out!"

"What, ... you said naw'liens? Told you. Flood!"

"Cripes alive son, you're way too far north for ali'ens. That's in the south!"

The fellow the old man was talking to shook his head. "Fine, I want to go to New Orleans."

"The town is in the throes of new aliens? Damnit, boy, why didn't you say so in the first place?!?!"

Old man Helgraf runs off to get his shotgun and whiskey.

janusnori
2007-07-05, 09:46 PM
JanusNori, the owner of the local newspaper stand, can't keep up with the sudden demand for tabloid magazines. Before the only people that would by them were that pair of old women, Farmer Brown's wife, and the crazy hippy that was always talking about how the aliens had take him back in the 60s. He was determined to find the clues the government was hiding about the aliens and so every week, he bought a copy of each of the tabloids.

Ever since the alien's came this week, the crazy hippy was standing in front of the stand explaining to anyone that would listen about his theories. JanusNori let him, it was good for business. He had never made such good money.

"Hey you!" *points at Bassetking* "This isn't a library! You want to read it, you can buy it!"

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-05, 11:26 PM
XF sneaks away into the shadows, crunching small debris and trash littered on the ground. He then appears behind Castaras, and taps her on the shoulder, though it was easy to hear him coming.

((It's because of my good looks isn't it? You saw my picture, and then decided you'd do the whole *spiffy point* thing at me with the gun hand. Well, right back at ya.

Funny way of showing affection though...killing me in a game?!? :smallamused: ))

Voidhawk
2007-07-06, 05:50 AM
Voidhawk, dressed in badly selected combat fatigues, is looking down his binoculars at the crowd from the windmill where he is perched.

Lukes like we got r'selves some Al'ens.

He spits off the windmill Rrrrk-Pu

Gud thing A bin a'saving up for the next civ'l war.

Voidhawk climbs down, goes to his pick-up, opens a box in the back and takes out a sawn off shot gun, a rifle and assorted pistols and bandoliers of ammo

Th'yre in for a nasty shock, heh heh,
Starting with that gnome Points at Fleeing Coward

Mordokai
2007-07-06, 06:05 AM
Mordokai was never really fond of journalists, and even less fond of cameras. When EmeraldRose starts asking questions he just starts grumbling something about "no good for nothing journalist that should be shot on spot". But when she starts taking pictures ha has it enought.

Take that camera away or I'll make it happen missy! And I'm not joking, you can be sure of that. There is nothing to be seen here. If you want to take a picture of something interesting take a picture of that gnome there! With that he points at Fleeing Coward.

Akaziel
2007-07-06, 09:12 AM
Akaziel quietly puts 20 dollars into the tethered bag. He decides to put the following on the sign:



Where to strike an alien:
1. Head
2. Abdomen
3. Legs
4. Back
5. "There"


He looks at the twins and wonders if they could be aliens.

(points at Supagoof)

Supagoof
2007-07-06, 09:17 AM
The reporter looks at the large man again and says, You seem to have a pressing need to be elsewhere at the moment, and points Fullbladder towards the nearest obvious facilities.

EmeraldRose then sees the acrobats tumbling towards her and claps with delight! Now here's a story! Front page here I come!! She takes out a camera and starts clicking photos of the tumbling duo. What are your names? How do you spell them? Where did you grow up? How long have you been working together? Are you willing to go on the road with your act? She stops taking pictures for a minute. I can see the headline now...Big Time Act Discovered in Small Town!! ... Well...I'll work on the wording later...We'll all be famous!!

Mine's Beymar!
I'm Emiralk, the enduring enchantor of exilerating exercises! That's E-M-I-R-A-L-K. We're from Bonolystakvakianoovistam! Or BOOM for short.

Going a bit long there, aren't you Emiralk?

Shush. I'm talking to the reporter.

Uh-huh...

Besides, I figure I'd add to the show now that we're soo close to hitting the big time.

Well, to hit the big time, we need a big act. What can make our act better?

I've got it! Quick, over there. We need to incorporate this guy.....I've heard bringing one of them into the show always make them better.

Where'd you hear that from?

Uh...well...err...Never mind that. Should we?

Don't they spit? Do we want spit all over our audience?

You're thinking Alpaca, and besides, that's what the mask is for. To warn others to cover their eyes. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a big hit with the kids.

If you say so. Go ahead and ask him then....

Mr. Llama, would you care to be part of BEYMAR AND EMIRALK ACROBATICS EXTRODINAIRE incorperated?
*cue tumbling and acrobatic pose with both staring at Atreyu.*

OPAH!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-06, 09:28 AM
*The llama watches the two, amused by their antics. He wags happily and nuzzles Beymar.*

(okay....ummmm....why are we pointing at Fleeing Coward? We have perfectly good poeple who probably won't even notice they've been lynched in inky and Vicarin)

Supagoof
2007-07-06, 10:06 AM
Yay! He's in. Well, we should pratice. Llama's are much taller then unicycle's.

Yeah, we'll probably need a hand to get up on his shoulders. Hey you, Mr. Squirrel, you climb things all the time right? Would you help us figure out how to climb up?

Emiralk points at Inky to ask him for a boost.

((I agree with Llama, why kill those who are here to play day 1? Since it's random anyway right?))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-06, 10:20 AM
The reporter snaps photos of the acrobats taking climbing lessons from a squirrel while climbing onto a llama.

This is GOLD!! I'll make front page for sure this time! This'll show everybody back home in Big City I can really do it for sure....no more telling me...

She takes out a laptop to type out notes. Shoot! There's no wireless connection here? Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Do I even have a pen in here?

EmeraldRose starts digging through her handbag looking for a pen and notebook.

Helgraf
2007-07-06, 01:28 PM
Old Man Helgraf emerges from his hut wearing his beekeeper outfit. Cluctched in beeglove hands is his shotgun and he rambles into town.

"Aliens! We'll run 'em out, right sure!"

For now, * Helgraf points the muzzle of the shotgun at Vicarin *

Alarra
2007-07-06, 01:49 PM
Alarra, having completely forgotten that she's sposed to be scared of naliens, tugs at her mother's hand while *pointing at Inky. "Look mommy! A squirrel!

Her mother pulls her away quickly. "Now...what have I told you about squirrels?

"Um...that they're naliens with inter..imper...infer? red stuff in their tails. And erm...they follow heat?"

"Yes. Infrared sensors. That's exactly right. And I bet the squirrels are involved now, so you stay away from them."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-06, 01:59 PM
Special Agent Andre finds the address for Vicarin. The yard seems to be overgrown, and the mail seems to be collecting in the mailbox.

He pulls out his Blackberry, flips through his notes and enters and sends an email. With that he holsters his phone, and mutters "Good thing I'm still in cell range."

The message read: "Subject Vicarin not present, will continue search through this day then move on the list establishing contact with other eligible...contacts."

Zar Peter
2007-07-06, 02:42 PM
Zar Peter points at Inky

Because everyone does it without a reason and I didn't found a list of players where I could look if I can point at someone else. But I hate first day bandwaggons, on the other hand it's pure random voting so why don't jump on one?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-06, 02:50 PM
Zar Peter points at Inky

Because everyone does it without a reason and I didn't found a list of players where I could look if I can point at someone else. But I hate first day bandwaggons, on the other hand it's pure random voting so why don't jump on one?

(actually, its not random at all. Its calculated on who is likely to be auto-lynched. I personally hate autolynches, so I'd rather hang someone who is not likely to play for the first day lynching.

*The llama trots around, showing off for his new rider.*

Bassetking
2007-07-06, 03:34 PM
*Points at Inky*

Supagoof
2007-07-06, 03:37 PM
Okay, moving now. Keep a steady hand.

And a sharp eye.

Beymar pulls out a set of knives and begins tossing them to Emiralk, who catches and tosses them back. The act is doing fairly well until...

*splorch* AH! MY EYE!

You did say keep a sharp eye.

Why you...Beymar begins throwing the knives furiously and directly at Emiralk, who dodges them gracefully.

Quit crying you baby. C'mere and let me see.

Yeah, easy for you to say. You can still actually see.
Oh, it's just a scratch. It didn't even hit your eye. Here - how many fingers am I holding up?
All three.

Right, see, fine.

Well, until we get this down, let's use the styrafoam balls.

They go back to their juggling on the back of Atreyu.

Shadow
2007-07-06, 03:58 PM
ZP:I know that you like to see corrections to your english.
I'll give you a hand.
Zar Peter points at Inky

Because everyone does it without a reason and I didn't found find (found is past tense) a list of players where I could look if I can point at someone else. But I hate first day bandwaggons (one g), on the other hand it's pure random voting so why don't not jump on one?

The mime with the black-painted face known as Shadow is shocked that he didn't notice this thread already.
Holding his hands up to his blackened face in bewilderment, he play-acts as if he had tenticles and *points at Vicarin.

Pwenet
2007-07-06, 04:54 PM
Pwenet is scared.

Common, weird stealing people and being shot down. As Pwenet runs around randomly, he thanks himself for bringing his digital camera and snapping a few pictures of the crashed ship and alien before fleeing.

As he runs by, he overhears several conversations, and it seems that the general consensus is that someone is an alien. Pulling out his cheap laptop from his bag, he quickly uploads the pictures to it, and starts composing an E-mail.

"In the event that everyone in the town is gone, and you find this, you need to know that the town, and myself point that Inky is most likely an alien."

Nodding at the first sentence, Pwenet finds a nice tree and starts working on the rest of the letter.

whitehelm
2007-07-06, 05:47 PM
whitehelm joins the crowd and points at Inky

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-06, 08:37 PM
Crystal Myr notices the large number of people pointing at Inky, and looks at Inky discriminatory-like.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-07, 02:30 AM
XF sneaks up on Inky and taps the squirrel on the shoulder.

((I think the reasons are clear enough.))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-07, 02:58 AM
((Yea, might as well lynch someone who doesn't feel like playing first round even though those usually turn out to be villagers))

Fleeing sees the bandwagon rolling by but decides that he can't keep up with the fast rolling wagon on his short gnomish legs so he moves to the nearest tree to get some shade where a tiny group of villagers ispointing at the sleeping Vicarin

Zar Peter
2007-07-07, 07:13 AM
Problem with this autolynch-votes: They might be wolfes or villagers or aliens or Klingons or something else but it's irrelevant! They are gonna get killed anyway and if we kill them by voting we lose a chance to find an active alien/wolf/klingon/badguy. It's not a big chance, we could also lynch a total innocent townsperson/seer/baner/goodguygal but I think it's better to let the autolynchees alone and concentrate on the active people.
My opinion!

((And thanks Shadow :smallredface: , I think it's better you only correct me when it's totally unreadable))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-07, 07:42 AM
You make sense my friend, would you like to volunteer to be the angry mob's victim in that case? :smallbiggrin:

Flying Elephant
2007-07-07, 09:31 AM
Kill the squirrel! Points at Inky.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-07, 10:29 AM
EmeraldRose notices the mob forming around the squirrel and make a note of it on her tape recorder.

Note: An angry mob seems to be forming around the squirrel.

Then she goes back to watching the antics of the two performers and the llama.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-07, 10:51 AM
Well, the problem with that reasoning ZP, is that a lot of the time, they show up soon after they're killed, upset that everyone killed them first day before they had a chance to get here. A lot of the time, they aren't going to be autolynched in actuality. So, we're just picking on someone who can't defend themselves...:smalltongue:

Eager to sway the vote towards an active villager? Statistically speaking, it's more likely a villager or good guy would die in a random point.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-07, 11:26 AM
As day broke, and slowly faded to afternoo and then evening; the scope of the landscape focuses on an isolated farm and a room deep in the farm. A figure is sleeping comatose in a chair, slumped over a desk. She awakes with a start. "Gah! What time is it?" She glances at the clock. "Eight thirty! That's practically dinnertime. Oooh, I can't believe I slept all day, that's the last time I travel Trans-Continental." As Curly rises out of the chair a cat falls off her lap and lands unceremoniuosly on the floor. "And dinner'd be good too." Curly and the cat stagger to the kitchen, picking up the newspaper on the way. Curly feeds the cat and sits down to eat dinner and read the paper.
"Great, something finally happens and I'm asleep. And all those bandwagons, but I don't think there's enough evidece to convict anyone. I point at nobody and perhaps tomorrow I'll actually be awake at the normal time. Maybe I'll watch some endless soap operas. They'll send me to sleep."
Curly goes to watch TV, not interested in anything at the moment. The cat, known as Smudge, goes outside for a walk.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-07-07, 11:52 AM
"GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

The banjo-pickin' hayseed continues running around, accidentally *spilling some rootbeer on Inky*.

Ink
2007-07-07, 12:59 PM
"Wonderful. As though this town didn't have enough problems already, now we have this alien infestation to boot. Meh, let's lynch that rodent and call it a day."

* Ink points at inky

Castaras
2007-07-07, 01:01 PM
An owl hoots, swooping down to the pointers below. It hoots again, turning to look directly at Inky.

Nibleswick
2007-07-07, 03:23 PM
Nibleswick, who has a nervous condition that make him jump at loud noises, wanders in and points a shaky hand at Vicarin for no apparent reason.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-07, 03:39 PM
Curly, unable to sleep, even after 3 straight hours of Eastenders takes an evening constitutional. And she wants to find Smudge. Seeing all the hubbub she points at Inky too, shouting "Have you seen Smudge?" After circling the town twice she spots Smudge curled up on the crash site, which is still warm. She gathers up her cat and heads back to bed. Hoping to sleep and actually make it to her...

Curly fell asleep in her living rrom, on the floor. Smudge just barely avoided getting squashed. The student slumbers still, unaware of of the hubbub and paranoia coursing throughout the town.

Vonriel
2007-07-07, 10:45 PM
A large new LED display has been set up on a stand in the corner of the central square of the town. On it, the words Vonriel votes for inky. are printed, as well as a small graphic of a squirrel hanging from a noose. Astute observers will notice the two cables running from the back of the sign into a nearby basement, presumable from where Vonriel is "talking" from.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-08, 10:33 AM
Special Agent Fairchilde scouts around Vicarin's empty house peering in dirty windows. The grass is unmowed, and the dandelions grow in unusual and linear patterns.

"Sun should be setting soon; I've probably learned all I can here without going inside."

(Shouldn't the day be ending?)

Vonriel
2007-07-08, 10:37 AM
(( Heh, yeah, 2 days ago according to PGCoD's opening post. ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-08, 08:08 PM
Well, the problem with that reasoning ZP, is that a lot of the time, they show up soon after they're killed, upset that everyone killed them first day before they had a chance to get here. A lot of the time, they aren't going to be autolynched in actuality. So, we're just picking on someone who can't defend themselves...:smalltongue:

Eager to sway the vote towards an active villager? Statistically speaking, it's more likely a villager or good guy would die in a random point.

(That's why I chose Inky. He was just autolynched in Pirates, so its more likely that he'll be auto-lynched in this game, too.)

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-09, 12:35 AM
((I apologize for the delay, my parents were in town all weekend, so I was a bit busy, gotta discuss days and nights w/ doilemaster too.))

At dusk, Inky is found, and unceremoniously drug kicking and screaming to the town square and up to the gallows. He proclaims his innocence, and keeps trying to tell the townspeople that he's here to help them. But it is no use as the the mob is too much. Inky tries to make a break for it, and is thus restrained by the towns' personal trainer Benny while the noose is put around his neck. The lever is quickly pulled and Inky's limp body drops through the wooden floor. As he is swaying back and forth from a small card falls out of his pocket. Upon closer examination, it has the radioactive symbol in the background with Inky's picture on it. Under the picture reads as follows:


Classified
Authorized Personell of Area 51 Extra-Terrestrial Containment Unit

(Summary: Inky was hung, he was an Area 51 member) Night Begins and will end Monday 11:59 PM EST Those who need to get PM's in please do so to both Doilemaster and myself.

Vonriel
2007-07-09, 12:48 AM
The sign now reads, in blue lettering, Oops ='(.

Helgraf
2007-07-09, 01:14 AM
Old Man Helgraf shakes his fist in annoyance. "Yer all done kilt the wrong one!"

pingcode20
2007-07-09, 01:31 AM
The spinning sign apparently replies to the Vonriel-Led-proxy

Quite the mistake.

Skippy
2007-07-09, 11:38 AM
I knew he wasn't one of them!! Clearly, his absentmindness ws because of the mind erasing tools they use at Area 51, but he wasn't a bad guy...

@V: Sorry!!

Zar Peter
2007-07-09, 11:39 AM
^Nighttime!

Castaras
2007-07-09, 11:40 AM
The owl hoots again, flying back to its tree.

Pwenet
2007-07-09, 06:32 PM
Pwenet quickly types into his laptop.

The wrong man was killed, but we will find these aliens and show that a Earth welcome.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-10, 04:19 AM
Curly bolts awake and runs to the bathroom. After her shower she looks out and realises that it's still night. "Well, my sleep pattern is screwed; I'll live with it." Outside she hears the furore and sees that Inky has been lynched. "Well, pointing does that to people. What's on the radio?" She scrowls through the channels until she finds some Queen. "Now that's my music. Hello and goodbye sunshine. I'm a night owl now." She listens to Queen for a long time. Then falls asleep-once more.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-10, 08:00 AM
The village is awoken to extremely strange sounds as the day dawns. The townspeople rush out of their homes to see what the commotion is. A small alien spacecraft is hovering above the center or town. As soon as it is noticed it quickly starts to move in the direction of the house of the aliens chosen abductee. The craft suddenly stops as Dolly Pardon begins to blare on every radio in town. Very annoyed with the noise, the aliens zoom off.

(summary: the radio DJ prevented the night's abduction

Day begins and will end Thursday @ about 5:00 PM EST

((Lets get a little more participation this time 'round ok, there were a lot of people that didn't vote last day.))

Supagoof
2007-07-10, 08:13 AM
Beymar and Emiralk tumble out of bed. As they roll out into the morning to see the aliens take off. The both gaze at the spaceship in wonder.

Aww man. Those guys are soo gonna take away our spotlight.

Yeah. We finally get someone who gulli---er...nice enough to pay attention to us, and some dumb flying saucer shows up. How we gonna compete with that?

Well, we're just have to go airborne as well. Let's go see if we can find a cannon.

I like how you think. C'mon.

The two acrobats go running off to find a cannon large enough to shoot themselves out of.

Skippy
2007-07-10, 08:21 AM
Ah well, a new day begins, and so I need to help everybody find the aliens...There's a man over there who seems to be acting really strange, as if he was absent for long periods of time... And then, he's always quiet, he speaks to no one and keeps wandering around, as if he were collecting data... Could he *Points at Vicarin* be one of them?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-10, 09:31 AM
Special Agent Fairchilde leaves the Holiday Inn Express after breakfast and coffee (mmm coffee). He sees the squirrel hanging from the gallows.

"What kind of townspeople have a gallows?"

He cuts down the squirrel, and takes the body to the mortician. "Looks like this guy died of a huge case of Absenteeism. "

(He currently points at Nobody.)

Castaras
2007-07-10, 10:45 AM
The owl hoots again, fluttering a wing at RadikalSkippy, as a random point.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-10, 11:19 AM
XF "whispers" from the shadows. No one can tell where he is, but you can certainly hear him.
I think that whoever the DJ is might be kind enough to tell us ((anonymously through the narrator in a note)) who he protected so that we have more evidence.

Pwenet
2007-07-10, 03:21 PM
Sipping a chai at the local cafe, Pwenet types out on his laptop.

People are scared. I am not, for I have overheard that Nobody is an ALIEN! He shall suffer for that!

Zar Peter
2007-07-10, 03:23 PM
I would like to point at someone random who doesn't have experience in this game. Why? Because the aliens wanted to abduct someone who has experience (normally the bad guys do that) and failed and I don't want to kill the radio-moderator so
I point at whitehelm (sorry)

Alarra
2007-07-10, 04:15 PM
Alarra skips and dances happily to the music, while her mom covers her ears. "Does it have to be so loud? I mean, it's nice that the aliens hate it and all...but...."

Alarra points over to Vicarin. "Who'sat mommy? I don't recom..recon...know im."

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-10, 08:10 PM
The man, after getting out of bed and such stuff, glances at Xykon Fan, and asks himself, "What is it with him?"

Helgraf
2007-07-10, 09:55 PM
Old Man Helgraf gets out of bed, shaves, grabs his shotgun and heads out into town. He finds his target, and levels the barrel.

*Helgraf points the shotgun at Vicarin*

Not two nights runnin' pal... nosir.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-10, 09:59 PM
The reporter walks around the town asking people for their opinion on the previous day's horrifying mistake.

Excuse me, would you care to make a comment on yesterday's fiasco for the press? No? Sir, that gesture was completely uncalled for!

(no point as yet, further research is required)

whitehelm
2007-07-11, 02:02 AM
Zar Peter: No problem, I won't even point at you in revenge. At least not yet. :smallsmile: I'm going to point at EmeraldRose because she posted before me. Yes, I'm aware how random that is.

Alarra
2007-07-11, 02:03 AM
(You mean, not random at all?)

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-11, 02:15 AM
The little gnome looks around, still not trusting that little girl trying to hide behind her mother but knowing that none of the townsfolk ever take him seriously, he decides to jump on the bandwagon early this time.
Picking a comfortable spot within the relatively empty wagon, he points at the sleeping Vicarin before lying down and trying to get some sleep himself.

Ink
2007-07-11, 02:34 AM
Ink cringes and covers his ears.

"Aargh! If those aliens don't kill us it's only a matter of time before this infernal country music does!"

He stuffs his ears with cotton wool before going over to the coffee shop to get breakfast. He waves at Pwenet as he enters the cafe and sits down at a corner table.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 08:03 AM
XF, after moving again, yells out to the group.

I think we should kill that guy over there! The one who looks wispy and unformed.

XF points at Vicarin

Supagoof
2007-07-11, 08:10 AM
The two acorbats return, rolling in a large cannon.

Allright, let's go down the checklist.

Right. Cannon?

Check.

Powder?

Check.

Fuse?
Check.

Helmet?

Check.

Cushy landing space?

....
Cushy landing space?

Nope, not on our list here. We need to find a space that you can land in safely.

How about him, he looks plump and cushy to land in?

Right. Good choice. Check. All set then.

The two acrobats aim the cannon, pointing it directly at Vicarin.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-11, 08:27 AM
*The llama meanders around the duo, watching in curiosity at what they plan on doing.*

(I also vote for Vicarin) (by day 3, we should have some leads and clues to go on.)

Vonriel
2007-07-11, 09:43 AM
The sign in the corner goes through some test phases, showing off that it's working properly. Hey, country music is good for listening to and is keeping the alie ns from getting to us. It seems as if whoever is controlling the sign is having trouble keeping the colors straight between messages. Finally after $#%$*&@#%&#* pops up, he seems to have the coloring under control. Vonriel votes for Vicarin. flashes across it.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-11, 01:30 PM
Curly was listening to her beloved Queen when from every other radio in town Dolly Parton is heard. "Well, I guess something wierd happened but since it doesn't involve me I'll just work on my college stuff." Curly settles down to do what she does. She then realises she's run out of ink cartridges, so she heads down into the Nameless Town.
At the local We-Have-Everything Store she strikes up a conversation with the owner. After 5 minutes over meaningless chatter she heads out into the town. She points at Vicarin and says "Hey, is there a cinema in this town?"

Shadow
2007-07-11, 01:47 PM
Shadow points at Supagoof for stealing his poorly thought out mime idea and using it in another game in a much more humorous fashion that Shadow could himself. :smallwink:

Flying Elephant
2007-07-11, 04:41 PM
Vicarin must go.

Nibleswick
2007-07-11, 06:03 PM
"Hey you," Nibleswick points at Vicarin, "you'd b-better move, or there gonna shoot you with a cannon."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-11, 06:12 PM
Special Agent Fairchilde has found the only coffee shop in the town with wireless access.

Typing an email to his boss:
"Sir - Vicarin is not to be found in this town. I suspect the town will lynch (or autolynch!) him tonight. My investigations show that the last person to have seen Vicarin may be "Rocketbard" who also may be lynched (autolynched?) if they don't turn up today.

More investigations to come. Also, still cannot find the reputed crash site. Seems that half of the town is on fire or something due to some sort of clearly unrelated meteor strike."

EmeraldRose
2007-07-11, 09:54 PM
((*sigh* I don't really agree with all the pointing at people who are going to be auto'd anyway thing that's going on...so I'm going to point at someone else completely at random...32 players left, 31 without myself...going to roll a dice 1d20+1d10+1d6, if the one is needed on the d6...18 on the list without Inky...))

EmeraldRose points at Mordokai. Would you like to make a comment on the apparent Invasion that is happening right now in your town? I understand that an innocent squirrel was foully killed by townspeople who feared for their lives?

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-11, 10:23 PM
((Thing is, chances that the auto lynch is going to be a villager is quite high so this way we don't take any unnecessary risks while we wait and gather the evidence))

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-11, 11:00 PM
((I just remembered I've got to work the beer tasting festival at work tomorrow night, and since I haven't heard from Doilemaster, I'm going to extend day until around 11 PM EST.))

janusnori
2007-07-11, 11:10 PM
But what evidence are we going to gain if the only people we are voting for are autolynchs? If we all vote for someone random, then at least we can see who willingly voted for a villager to die.

*withholding a point for now*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 11:14 PM
I actually agree. So what random active villager shall we kill? See, the chances of a WW being an inactive is actually pretty low. See, the WWs will tend to be active since the alphas usually pick active people. Furthermore, the WWs have more incentive to be active and remember to get on GITP. Also, since they're inactive, they're not very dangerous.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-11, 11:16 PM
(I agree - the whole purpose of the autolynches, if they're used - is to purge the people that aren't playing and reward those that are. Games have gone for WEEKS longer because non-participants that weren't playing weren't autolynched.)

After review his notes, Special Agent Fairchilde decides to research the individual known only as "Janusnori".

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 11:29 PM
@^ Why kill Janus? Care to help the rest of us out?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-11, 11:43 PM
(@Xykon_fan - actually I tried twice to change the vote to you, but I'm on a crappy hotel wireless server that won't let me edit :smallsmile: ) We all want to get this moving - and it's in the Aliens interest to let the villagers autolynch each other since that's probably going to be the case. If you want a viable candidate - pick someone at random that voted on one of the first days, and hasn't been on since.)

Looking at his notebook, Special Agent Fairchilde asks - and who is this Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
? What is a goblin anyway?

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 11:54 PM
Alright, I'll point at Mordokai

pingcode20
2007-07-12, 12:07 AM
Ooh, almost forgot about this over monitoring my own game and co-narrating for Rebellion 3.

Point at Self

EmeraldRose
2007-07-12, 07:39 AM
((Posting to let everybody know I'm going out of town this afternoon and won't be back until Saturday sometime, I'm not sure when. I don't think I will have any internet access after I leave work today until I get back.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-12, 11:29 AM
Upon getting no reply from Vicarin she heads off in search of books, or food. "Maybe next time I'll remember to but some food, or drink." Spying a coffee shop she runs up to the counter and gasps dry- throatedly "Water...now. Or lemonade. Quick!" Seeing how dehydrated he is the counterman brings her a glass of water. She walks over to Mr. Fairchilde. "Excuse me sir, but for my college cousrework I have to interview one man, one woman and one other to compare answers. My coursework is about the paranormal. Would you care to be interviewed?" She then waits for a response.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-12, 12:57 PM
Special Agent Fairchilde stands, gladly gestures an open seat, and moves some paperwork into his folder.

"Please sit down. I'll gladly answer any question you have to the best of my ability. By the way, was there some kind of aircraft crash here? I can't seem to find it anywhere..."

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 12:58 PM
XF comes over and loudly hides underneath the desk. He seems to actually think he's been sneaky enough.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-12, 01:13 PM
"Well, I was asleep but it appears that some kind of UFO or satellite abducted some farmers. Then another farmer shot the ship down. I think. And apparently someone was saved from abduction by a Dolly Parton song. Which is amazingly weird."
Curly takes out a notepad and pen.
"So, Mr. Fairchilde, may I call you Andre? Have you ever experienced a paranormal experience of any type? If you have where was it? Do you personally believe in all types of paranormal activity, ghosts and faeries for example?" She writes down what Andre tells her.
"Oh, and whoever's hiding under the table, please can you leave before I accidently pour water on you." she says sweetly.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 01:20 PM
XF, the deaf assassin, sits there oblivious to Curly's comment. (Alliteration!)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-12, 01:22 PM
She then says the same thing in sign language

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 01:24 PM
XF quickly gets up and sneaks over into the trees nearby. He cracks so many twigs, a deaf bat could find him with no problems. He peers out from the trees, and glares at Curly for moving him from his spot.

Supagoof
2007-07-12, 01:52 PM
Ooh, almost forgot about this over monitoring my own game and co-narrating for Rebellion 3.


((Aha, well then I'll give you incentive to pay more attention to this thread pingcode - even though my mime in your thread is the one keeping you distracted, I know. :smalltongue:

And Shadow - didn't realize you had the mime idea first. Apologies for taking it from you. :smallwink: Though you can add a mime to the circus act forming up around here.....:smallamused: ))

Beyar climbs into the cannon. Emiralk points it upwards and lights the fuse. A loud "Fwumpf" is heard as Beymar shoots out and is headed right for pingcode20.

Hey you, watch out! Beymar shouts pointing at Pingcode.

Mordokai
2007-07-12, 03:57 PM
The day before that wasn't good, and today just wasn't getting any better. Aliens, news reporters, whole lot of people he never saw before... this was starting to get on Mordokai's nerves. Pulling his shotgub out of closet in the morning, he went on his porch and on a walk throu town when the nosy reporter started to talk to him.

You would like a comment? Here's a comment: we'll kick their asses to the sace and back. He you, boy, stop ponting at me, or else. With that, he points his shotgun at Xykon_Fan.

Nibleswick
2007-07-12, 07:04 PM
(I am persuaded by your arguments, so I will change my point.)

I p-point at Agent Fairchild. (I have a hunch)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-12, 08:44 PM
"It's amazing how much of western civilization has been saved by country music. To answer your questions:

Sure you may call me Andre.

Once I experienced the supernatural, when doing Ouija as a kid.

In the bedroom of the house I grew up in.

As a Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations I have learned to keep an open mind. My boss was once the case officer for an astronaut that crashed and they brought back spending $6 Million dollars to make him a cyborg.

Is that 'paranormal'?"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-13, 10:06 AM
"Oh, in that case please give the town/major city nearby where this occured. And to save time I class all things not of the widely considered norm to be paranormal. Unless you want me to say:" she draws a big breath, " things of a paranormal/supernatural/mythological(such as sightings of dragons/faeries and other such creatures)/horror type creatures (eg vampires/ sleep paralysis or other such phenomena such as OOBE (that's out of body experiences..." she stops for air. "Basically about 20-30 categories with sub-categories, so to save time I class them all as paranormal. Here are the full sections."
She hands Andre 3 A4 sized sheets of paper covere in all the categories for each possible kind of experience.
"And, if I may ask Andre what do you believe these current phenomena to be? My proffessor is going to enjoy this case study. I can tell."

Supagoof
2007-07-13, 10:42 AM
"Oh, in that case please give the town/major city nearby where this occured. And to save time I class all things not of the widely considered norm to be paranormal. Unless you want me to say:" she draws a big breath, " things of a paranormal/supernatural/mythological(such as sightings of dragons/faeries and other such creatures)/horror type creatures (eg vampires/ sleep paralysis or other such phenomena such as OOBE (that's out of body experiences..." she stops for air. "Basically about 20-30 categories with sub-categories, so to save time I class them all as paranormal. Here are the full sections."
She hands Andre 3 A4 sized sheets of paper covere in all the categories for each possible kind of experience.
"And, if I may ask Andre what do you believe these current phenomena to be? My proffessor is going to enjoy this case study. I can tell."

Emiralk scratches his head in confusion at what she just said. Then runs over to where Beymar has barely missed hitting pingcode.

((I shall be away for the weekend. please don't autolynch me. :smallsmile: ))

RocketBard
2007-07-13, 05:47 PM
Sorry for not posting, I was on vacation. Can I still play (I got recruited and all)?

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 06:58 PM
Recruited? You're working for the aliens then?

RocketBard
2007-07-13, 07:00 PM
Recruited? You're working for the aliens then?

Recruited into the game. Would anyone let a first-time player be an alien?

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 07:47 PM
Recruited into the game. Would anyone let a first-time player be an alien?

Actually, this isn't an alpha game. This stuff is all random.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 08:00 PM
((Yep, when it's random, anyone can end up been any role. I've ended up been the Moraliser's seer twice in Revolution despite the fact that I have yet to survive past the 3rd night.))

But that'd be the perfect guise my friend, pretending you're new and was on vacation seems to be the perfect way to avoid suspicion for now.
The little gnome jumps of the wagon and bites RocketBard to see if green blood comes out.

RocketBard
2007-07-13, 08:13 PM
I don't even know if I'm still playing or not. Dude, I'm not pretending. I joined one other game. The RAF game I joined after this one, and I was eventually killed becuase I was on vacation!

Why would a human bite me? A real villager would use a weapon! smacks Fleeing Coward and pulls out a pocket-knife to use against him to see if he even has blood.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 08:27 PM
Watch where you're waving that knife elf, people might get hurt

The gnome pulls out his 2 concealed daggers and charges towards RocketBard.

Especially a tall pointy eared fellow with no arms

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-14, 12:09 AM
((OK, first, nobody has been autolynched due to in activity yet, so everyone is still in the game who isn't already lynched. Second, roles are assigned randomly by a spreadsheet program, so experience with the game was not taken into account.))

Vicarin is the chosen choice for tonight's lynching. The mob finds him easy enough, as he's sitting at home watching tv sitting in his rocking chair. He verbally protests to the inquisition, but comes with the mob to the gallows easy enough. The noose is fitted around his neck and before he can do anything, the lever is pulled and Vicarin drops through the trap door to his fate. Almost immediately, Vicarin's skin starts to dissolve and a large green creature is left before the crowd.

(Summary: Vicarin was lynched, he was an alien.))

Night begins and will end Sunday at Midnight EST

Skippy
2007-07-14, 12:17 AM
Wow, that was awesome!!! I knew it!! Great job citizens!!!

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-14, 12:47 AM
Well that certainly is suprising. With that, ER and XF have just moved to the top of my suspects list.
ER because she first suggested lynching an active person - trying to buy Vicarin some time to return?
XF because he voted with ER before changing his vote to curly today and the fact that he joined the bandwgon late the first day after everything was pretty much decided.
Although I still don't trust that little girl hiding behind her mummy and Mr. Mime is probably only pretending to be a mime because he can't spaek our language.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-14, 01:14 AM
Heh, do I ever vote with the bandwagon? I think you'll see I rarely, if ever, do vote with everyone else. The main reason being that, like in this case, there is no reason to.

See, lynching someone who's going to be auto-lynched anyway is actually unprofitable. WWs are going to, statistically speaking, be one of the active players, since they will have a role they feel is more important. I think a few other people agree with this assessment based on views they have stated in this thread, but I could be wrong.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-14, 07:28 AM
Curly, while waiting for Andre to answer glances out of the coffee shop window. "Holy crap! Aliens exist! I have to note this down. My professor's going to love this. Proof of alien existence. I'm going to pass my course!" Curly looks at Andre, "Umm, would you mind filling in this questionnaire while I go interview some of the witnesses?"She dashes out of the cafe and starts interviewing some people.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-14, 11:11 AM
Andre, of course, is completly oblivious to the lynching and the existence of aliens. Speechless from Curly's discourse, Andre waches Curly run out of the coffee shop and takes the questionarie and places it on top of his paperwork.

Akaziel
2007-07-14, 09:21 PM
Yeah! We got one!

Castaras
2007-07-15, 02:37 AM
The Owl hoots again and flies back to its tree.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-16, 12:28 AM
The town is awoken to the noise of an alien craft buzzing away from town airspace towards the heavens. Everyone starts to mosey on out of their houses and begins to wonder who was taken the previous night, and what will happen in the day that follows.

Day begins and will end Tuesday at Midnight EST.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 12:32 AM
Oh, do we not find out who was taken? I mean, I understand if they get sent back, but we're just left wondering? Man, that's awesome. Completely new twist...unless you just forgot. (Please don't lynch me by mistaking these comments as pro-alien as some will be apt to do. I'm a big fan of hidden info WW games. I've been considering playing a hidden role game in which deaths do not reveal who was killed.)

Zar Peter
2007-07-16, 12:34 AM
Oh, do we not find out who was taken? I mean, I understand if they get sent back, but we're just left wondering? Man, that's awesome. Completely new twist...unless you just forgot. (Please don't lynch me by mistaking these comments as pro-alien as some will be apt to do. I'm a big fan of hidden info WW games. I've been considering playing a hidden role game in which deaths do not reveal who was killed.)

It's not new, it was in Alien I, too! A roll call would help! I didn't get abducted but I'm pretty sure I know the identity of at last one Alien. Later more!

Skippy
2007-07-16, 12:42 AM
Man, they took one of us!! Who's still here?? We'll find them all, don't worry...

Let's see who is acting weird...

(Still no pointing)

Nibleswick
2007-07-16, 01:45 AM
"L-Looks like we sh-should start a list of who's here."

Akaziel(here day three)
Alarra(here day two)
Andre Fairchilde(here day three)
Atreyu the masked llama(here day three)
Bassetking
Castaras(here day two)
Crystall_Myr(here day two)
CurlyKitGirl(here day three)
Dartonus
El Jaspero the Pirate King
Emerald Rose(here day three)
Fleeing Coward(here day two)
Flying elephant(here day two)
Helgraf(here day two)
Ink(here day two)
inky13112(lynched day one, area 51 agent)
janusnori(here day three)
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Mordokai(here day two)
Nibleswick(here day three)
pingcode20(here day two)
Pwenet(here day two)
radikalskippy(here day three)
RocketBard(here day two)
Supagoof(here day two)
Rumda
Shadow(here day three)
Vicarin(lynched day two, alien)
Voidhawk
Vonriel(here day three)
Whitehelm(here day three)
Xykon_fan(here day three)
Zar Peter(here day three)

whitehelm
2007-07-16, 01:58 AM
Well, I'm not here, so obviously I was abducted. :smallwink:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 02:01 AM
(Are you serious or are you joking?)

Vonriel
2007-07-16, 02:01 AM
The sign in the corner flashes a few times, then the words I am here. roll across it.

janusnori
2007-07-16, 02:14 AM
I am here as well

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-16, 03:35 AM
Well, I'm here and following my gut feeling.

The gnome points at Xykon_Fan

Akaziel
2007-07-16, 05:07 AM
I'm here...

Castaras
2007-07-16, 05:43 AM
The owl hoots, flying down from its tree.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 07:06 AM
"Wow! Someone was abducted?! That's brilliant; well not for the abductee I mean, but for me and my coursework. Now, where is that telescope man? He might have seen something seeing as he's an astronomer."
Curly finishes jotting down whatever the person says and scurries off in search of Zar Peter.

Zar Peter
2007-07-16, 07:10 AM
"Wow! Someone was abducted?! That's brilliant; well not for the abductee I mean, but for me and my coursework. Now, where is that telescope man? He might have seen something seeing as he's an astronomer."
Curly finishes jotting down whatever the person says and scurries off in search of Zar Peter.

Zar Peter is sitting in an coffe shop and reads the newspaper. As CurlyKitGirl arrives he puts away the paper and offers her a seat.

You know I had some strange happenings the last few hours I want to share. It could be that one of the aliens talked with me!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 07:23 AM
"Seriously? Now to act all scientific. Height. Gender. Physical description. Language-was it understandable? Please speak into this taperecorder and replicate the aliens speech.
"Now, please give my a detailed account of your encounter. I will need your name and abode as well."Curly heads over to the counter.She orders a glass of orange juice at the counter. "Oh my God! This is fantastic. Now all I need is concrete proof that ghost exist. Oh, have you had any ghostly experiences in your life?" She then hands him a questionnaire to fill out and gets her pen and paper ready. "Oh, and I'm still here. Insomniaism is fun." She gives a sleep deprived smile.:smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-16, 07:27 AM
Again oblivious to the night's activity, Andre sits down to breakfast and to fill out the enormous amount of paperwork that Curly had given him.

(The roll call is a good idea; the roll call may help to identify active players, but the abduction may have failed too. Fox Moulder comes appears after a botched abduction. The fool only appears after a botched abduction. Then there are those that are mind controlled where there is no difference - they don't appear to have been abducted....)

Ink
2007-07-16, 07:36 AM
Ink walks out of his house.

"Hey, what's going on?"

He looks around at the crowd, and points at Xykon Fan.

"Hey, you. Yeah, you in the silly skull t-shirt. Tell me what is going on in three sentences or less. And make it interesting."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-16, 07:49 AM
*The llama bleats happily, rolling around on the ground.*

(I'm here. Not voting yet. )

Zar Peter
2007-07-16, 07:50 AM
OK, let's begin. My name is Zar Peter, I'm a little scientist (astronomer) who lives a perfectly normal live in this town. You can call me a normal citizen.
Three days ago the aliens arrived and now nothing is the same like before.
On night 1 they wanted to abduct someone but failed. I read about it in the newspaper the next day and thought to myself: Ha Haa, the radio moderator protected himself, the aliens now know who he is!
Next day I was questioned very kindly by Mr. Andre Fairchilde if I have an internet chat adress, I said yes and gave it to him. Now he spoke to me on Saturday and we chatted very nice about family and kids till he asked if I wanted to talk about aliens.
I thought what can I little citizen say about aliens but he questioned me if I know sometone who I can trust and so on, I had the feeling he is waiting for something but I didn't know what.

But know the clue: Yesterday the radio moderator gave me a call an listen what he said (I recorded it, but I tried to make the voice unrecogniceable:

On the first night I chose to protect you by playing "Joline" by Dolly Parton. You were not abducted, which is why I KNOW I can trust you now. That's right. I am the DJ.

You can belive I was a little confused and puzzeld, my reaction:




??????????
You mean they tried to abduct me and you protected me??????
That means the aliens think that I am the radio moderator because the radio moderator always protects himself at night unless he is found by the seer.
That could be the reason why Andre wanted to chat with me. He is an alien, knew whom they wanted to abduct and tries to find out if someone has contacted me already!
You must protect yourself tonight!!!!!

So I'm here, teling you this story. I'm very suspicous about Mr. Andre Fairchilde. But if you don't trust me and think I want to lynch the radio moderator you'r welcome to lynch me today. I'm nothing but a little villager and not really an loss for the city.
Zar Peter points at Andre Fairchilde

((OOC: Andre, it was really a nice chat and we should do this again. Don't take it personally, I just think it was verrry suspicous! And I have the feeling Shadow is involved but that's just a very faint feeling. Just for all to let you know because I think I will get abducted this night)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 08:06 AM
Curly, needless to say is stunned. "Well, I'm stunned. Do you have any evidence to prove Andre talked to you about this? You must understand that I have to see both sides of the story before I can make a point." Inner thought: Hello A* I'm fulfilling all the coursework criteria.
Curly turns to Andre, "Well, can you tell me your side of the story please. Heh, now I'm acting as a judge."

Zar Peter
2007-07-16, 08:34 AM
Yes, Curly, that's the twist.
I have no proofs expect the calls from the radio DJ, and he told me to keep his identity secret. So I have nothing.
I don't even know why the aliens would contact me but I think I can imagine. They wanted to let the DJ know an alien. So the DJ must stand up and say: I know, Mr. XY is an alien, lynch him! And the crowd says: Where is the evidence? And the DJ shrugs! The crowd lynch the DJ, see their failure and turn to the alien and lynch it! But the DJ is dead, so it's a sacrifice: one little alien for one big DJ. And when I think of sacrifice my minions, sorry, but I have to think: SHADOW.
But the mistake here: I'm not the DJ! You can lynch me and see that I'm an citizen!
So trust me and lynch a maybe alien, or trust me not, lynch me and afterwards you can lynch an alien but you will not lose the DJ. Town wins, so or so.

Skippy
2007-07-16, 08:38 AM
So I'm here, teling you this story. I'm very suspicous about Mr. Andre Fairchilde. But if you don't trust me and think I want to lynch the radio moderator you'r welcome to lynch me today. I'm nothing but a little villager and not really an loss for the city.
Zar Peter points at Andre Fairchilde


Really illustrative, Mr. Peter, and now I don't know what to think. I spoke with Mr. Fairchilde last night, too, about aliens. Of course, I recorded everything. I'll listen to the recordings again and then I will be able to discredit or certify your own theory. However, it seems to be really possible...

(Not pointing yet)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 08:49 AM
"...So two people have been contacted by Andre about aliens. This is incriminating but I will put off voting until Andre supplies his side. If he hasn't by pg7 I might point at him, unless someone can provide conclusove evidence about an Alien."
She continues scribblimg this info down.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-16, 09:00 AM
Special Agent Fairchilde replies to the accusation:

"It is true, in the course of this investigation I have contacted both ZP and RS as I don't suspect them. I also suspect Dartonus and Rumda are probably villagers as they are either online and not playing, or not online at all. So they would be wasted accusations as well."

(I will not waste a point at ZP, but instead will point at nobody.)

Zar Peter
2007-07-16, 09:07 AM
Special Agent Fairchilde replies to the accusation:

"It is true, in the course of this investigation I have contacted both ZP and RS as I don't suspect them. I also suspect Dartonus and Rumda are probably villagers as they are either online and not playing, or not online at all. So they would be wasted accusations as well."

(I will not waste a point at ZP, but instead will point at nobody.)

((So then you maybe contacted me at the false time!
I was suspicous because you only asked about Aliens and not the other games.))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-16, 09:07 AM
The Big City reporter comes into the Coffee Shop for breakfast. I need a double double Venti Tall Super Espresso! I'm going to be working on the story of the decade!! There's been someone abducted from this tiny town, and no one has even bothered to follow this story yet?!? I've got to find a lead. I've got to find a lead! Nothing is panning out yet and my editor is going to be calling soon... *trails off into unintelligible mutters about editors and deadlines*

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 09:36 AM
"Hey! Big Shot Reporter. Over here. Have you heard this? I might let you have this information if you credit me in your Big Shot Newspaper and write some thing for my coursework. What do you think?"
Curly beckons Big Shot Reporter over to the table.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 09:44 AM
Alright...3 line summary.

Someone was abducted (I think)
I'm being pointed at for no reason.
Andre (not an alien as far as I know...I've talked with him too) is pointed at

Castaras
2007-07-16, 09:48 AM
The owl hoots, flying over the people below. It flaps down, landing on EmeraldRose's head.

Shadow
2007-07-16, 09:49 AM
Wait.
Seriously.
This is getting a little out of hand here.

ZP, really? "I suspect Andre, so Shadow must be involved!"

How does that make any sense at all?

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 09:59 AM
Alright, now I'll explain why I don't suspect Andre...

1st...I base a fair portion of my argument on the idea that Andre's a noob, and thus, is really unused to the incredibly high amount of paranoia in this game.

2nd...He also contacted me, and together we built a fairly medium-sized, but fairly loose list. Let's face it, in this game, the aliens haven't given us anything to go on. Both he and I are flexible, and I'm convinced that if he were an alien, he would be pressing harder to make me conform to his beliefs...like I said, he's new, so he's got to learn the ropes.

3rd...He doesn't act anything like an alien. So far, he's encouraged me to have other friends that I talk to. He's also asked me to specifically withhold some information from him repeatedly (who I talk to, some of the people I suspect, and what I learn from other people) only because he could be an alien. Now I realize a more experienced alien might this to avoid suspicion, but they wouldn't do it to anywhere near the extent Andre has. Essentially, he's gotten to the point that he's given me far more information than I have given him. Honestly, I'm surprised he doesn't think I'm an alien at this point since I haven't given him that much information or help anyway...though I could be wrong...I'd love to help, mind you, but I have very little information.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 10:17 AM
"OK. Xf and and Zar Peter and radikalskippy all make very good arguements. So I will not vote for Andre." Curly is confused and leaves the coffee cafe. "I think I'll find my cat. haven't seen her for a while...Smudge! Come on, lunchtime!" Smudge comes running up. "Stupid cat. Let's get some food." They go home to ponder.
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Ink
2007-07-16, 10:26 AM
Or maybe all that never happened and Xykon Fan and Andre are both aliens.

And Shadow too.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 10:28 AM
Or maybe all that never happened and Xykon Fan and Andre are both aliens.

And Shadow too.

Well, honestly, there is no chance whatsoever of any of us actually convincing you, or anyone else in this thread, of our innocence. We must simply point towards what we believe to be true, make the most convincing argument possible, and hope your logic outweighs your paranoia. Sorry, but that's how this game works.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-16, 01:07 PM
"Hey! Big Shot Reporter. Over here. Have you heard this? I might let you have this information if you credit me in your Big Shot Newspaper and write some thing for my coursework. What do you think?"
Curly beckons Big Shot Reporter over to the table.

What have you got for me? If it gets me in print, I'd be happy to give you a by-line! (smaller of course) But we'd be in print!!

EmeraldRose waves the owl away and goes over to Curly's table.

whitehelm
2007-07-16, 02:25 PM
I don't think Andre's chatting is suspicious, he might have wanted to chat with Zar simply because Zar is very likely to be safe, since he was protected.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 03:26 PM
I don't think Andre's chatting is suspicious, he might have wanted to chat with Zar simply because Zar is very likely to be safe, since he was protected.

((Yes, but noone knew that.))

"Here are my notes and some recordings Ms. Reporter, may I ask your name? Don't try to run off and print these under your own name because I have copies."
Curly hands the reporter copies of her notes so far.
"Whitehelm, how could you know Zar Peter was protected? Only the Aliens and the DJ knew who,would be protected! He only came forward with this information a few posts ago. Have you simply not read the posts or are you an alien?!" Curly points at whitehelm

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-07-16, 04:50 PM
The banjo-pickin' hillbilly pops up from behind a bush.

"Ah'm here!"

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-16, 06:23 PM
The man listens to all the conversations with interest, at first looking suspiciously at Andre, but XF's speech gave him something to think about. This is all very interseting...

Pwenet
2007-07-16, 07:23 PM
Pwenet watches the proceedings with interest, and types out some nodes on a PDA he has. He then decides a nice chai might be nice so makes his way to the cafe.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-16, 08:44 PM
Yes, Curly, that's the twist.
I have no proofs expect the calls from the radio DJ, and he told me to keep his identity secret. So I have nothing.
I don't even know why the aliens would contact me but I think I can imagine. They wanted to let the DJ know an alien. So the DJ must stand up and say: I know, Mr. XY is an alien, lynch him! And the crowd says: Where is the evidence? And the DJ shrugs! The crowd lynch the DJ, see their failure and turn to the alien and lynch it! But the DJ is dead, so it's a sacrifice: one little alien for one big DJ. And when I think of sacrifice my minions, sorry, but I have to think: SHADOW.
But the mistake here: I'm not the DJ! You can lynch me and see that I'm an citizen!
So trust me and lynch a maybe alien, or trust me not, lynch me and afterwards you can lynch an alien but you will not lose the DJ. Town wins, so or so.

ZP, you're assuming that the aliens believe that the DJ would be foolish enough to point at an alien without the use of a proxy. The DJ would know that the aliens can't abduct him if he protected himself every night so he has nothing to fear in sending anyone as a proxy if he was certain someone was an alien since even if the proxy is an alien, they still won't be able to abduct him and refusing to act as the proxy is likely to just increase suspicions on the proxy so the DJ will have nothing to lose.

I find the odds are better that you're the alien here. Either way, like you said, we've got nothing to lose by lynching you since you don't have a special role so I'll take you up on your offer. The gnome switches his point to ZP.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-16, 09:32 PM
The inside of Agent Fairchilde's government rental SUV is filled with maps and papers taped to the walls.

"Where the hell is this crash site! You know, it should have been an indication when I failed out of Survival School, and I couldn't even find the campus for the campus for the Office of Special Investigation."

In frustration, he smacks his notebook his finger resting on Supagoof's name (at least until he shows up for the roll call).

Helgraf
2007-07-16, 09:49 PM
Yah yah, I'm 'ere, da sure.

And I tole ye tha' Viccy bugger was a bugger!

*Helgraf levels the shotgun at whitehelm*

An' youse is wit to join 'im next!

Alarra
2007-07-16, 09:55 PM
Alarra runs over to the llama and throws her arms around his neck. "Look mommy! I found a....She pauses, calculation clear on her face as she tries to remember what kind of animal this is. It's not a horsie...camels have humps....donkey's are shorter and uglier "...a...muffin horsie!" She decides, apparently on the spot. "Can I keep it?"

"No. And it's a llama." Her mother starts to drag her off to go home, but the little girl wraps her hands in the llama's fur and holds tight. "NOOOO! I wanna stay with the llama"

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 11:04 PM
Heh, I think Whitehelm's slip has cost him his life. I actually finally agree with a bandwagon!

XF points at Whitehelm

@^: Thanks for making me laugh, Alarra. That was awesome.

@V: Might want to strike out the point you have on me from the previous page...wouldn't want any accidental votes against me.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-17, 12:11 AM
Whitehelm could have slipped up or he might have misinterpreted ZP's words. If it was a slip up as everyone seems to believe then I'd think Andre'd be just as safe a bet for been an alien since Whitehelm wouldn't have posted that for any other reason than to try suspicion off Andre.
Basically by my logic, if ZP was actually protected on the first night, then he'd know who the real DJ is and would tell us if we accidentally bandwagoned on him. But he pointed at Andre Fairchilde which rules him out as the DJ.
If we lynch Andre today and he turns out to be an alien then we can go after Whitehelm tommorrow. If not, then we can consider the possiblity whitehelm might not be an alien after all and just misinterpreted the words.
Reason I'd prefer this approach is that with the Whitehelm defending Andre because they're both alens theory, the only reason that fits to me for why Whitehelm would jump to Andre's defense so quickly is if Andre has a bigger roll in this game - the Devil.
So therefore I'll switch my vote to Andre Fairchilde for now.

Nibleswick
2007-07-17, 02:32 AM
"M-mister Fairchild, I w-would like you to p-prove that you are a government agent."

whitehelm
2007-07-17, 03:20 AM
Oops, I was actually thinking of the Pirates game, where we know shadow's safe because he was protected, and forgot that it wasn't revealed who was protected in this game. So my excuse is that I wasn't thinking clearly.

Now Andre has said he was working for the government, and if he was an alien other agents would lynch him since they know he's lying, so I still think he's innocent. However it appears lynching him is the only way to save myself, so I point at Andre.

Zar Peter
2007-07-17, 04:51 AM
I think, after radikalskippy said he talked with Andre, too, my evidence about Andre broke together. But your quote, Mr. whitehelm, is very suspicous.

Zar Peter points at whitehelm

Ink
2007-07-17, 06:09 AM
"Fine. Let's see where this goes."

Ink points at whitehelm

EmeraldRose
2007-07-17, 07:39 AM
((Yes, but noone knew that.))

"Here are my notes and some recordings Ms. Reporter, may I ask your name? Don't try to run off and print these under your own name because I have copies."
Curly hands the reporter copies of her notes so far.
"Whitehelm, how could you know Zar Peter was protected? Only the Aliens and the DJ knew who,would be protected! He only came forward with this information a few posts ago. Have you simply not read the posts or are you an alien?!" Curly points at whitehelm

Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet, how rude of me! The by-line's ER. Of course I cite my sources! I have ethices! ...wow...this is great information!!! You think this Whitehelm person is involved in the abductions somehow? This is definitely worth an investigation!! Also, have you seen the little tumbling performers lately? (Supagoof) I wanted to get some more pictures of their act...and I haven't seen them around yet today.

RocketBard
2007-07-17, 10:41 AM
Points at whitehelm.

Yeah, that last post was pretty suspicious.

Alarra
2007-07-17, 11:07 AM
Alarra is adamant about not leaving the llama and eventually her mother wanders away to keep an eye on her from a distance. She pets the llama and watches the crowd. "Look muffin..." *points at Whitehelm "He has a funny hat."

Bassetking
2007-07-17, 12:38 PM
Points at Whitehelm

Supagoof
2007-07-17, 12:38 PM
A loud boom is heard in the distance. Looking in that direction, you'll see the two haflings come running across the town. One who looks like he's been in an explosion is chasing the other....

I said half a cup of gunpowder, not half a gallon.
So I sometime mix up my measurements....sorry!
I'll mix up your measurements! Get back here.

The two circle around Whitehelm first then proceed to chase each other around the people standing around.

((Sorry, was away for weekend, forgot to post yesterday, back now. Just joining the bandwagon because I really don't have a clue. Sorry Whitehelm. Still here though, haven't been abducted.))

Pwenet
2007-07-17, 03:30 PM
Walking by, Pwenet fumbles for his digital camera and takes a picture of whitehelm that everyone is pointing at. Casually making his way to the coffee store, he orders something with lots of caffeine.

Picking up the drink (triple-espresso latte) he finds a nice open booth, uploads the picture into his laptop and starts running a program to see if the face is false that he downloaded off the internet a few weeks ago for fun.

Flying Elephant
2007-07-17, 03:32 PM
FE wakes up late and tiredly points at Whitehelm, 'cause everyone else is doing it.

Zar Peter
2007-07-17, 03:34 PM
Whitehelm could have slipped up or he might have misinterpreted ZP's words. If it was a slip up as everyone seems to believe then I'd think Andre'd be just as safe a bet for been an alien since Whitehelm wouldn't have posted that for any other reason than to try suspicion off Andre.
Basically by my logic, if ZP was actually protected on the first night, then he'd know who the real DJ is and would tell us if we accidentally bandwagoned on him. But he pointed at Andre Fairchilde which rules him out as the DJ.
If we lynch Andre today and he turns out to be an alien then we can go after Whitehelm tommorrow. If not, then we can consider the possiblity whitehelm might not be an alien after all and just misinterpreted the words.
Reason I'd prefer this approach is that with the Whitehelm defending Andre because they're both alens theory, the only reason that fits to me for why Whitehelm would jump to Andre's defense so quickly is if Andre has a bigger roll in this game - the Devil.
So therefore I'll switch my vote to Andre Fairchilde for now.

I want to say that if we lynch whitehelm and he is really an alien than I would point at Fleeing Coward tomorrow.
And if we lynch Andre and he is an villager I would also point at Fleeing Coward.
It's more likely that you are an alien, trying to protect an other alien who made a mistake, than that whitehelm wanted to protect Andre with his quote.

Just in case I'm abducted till then.

Alarra
2007-07-17, 03:39 PM
"Ooooooh! It's a yellyphant! With wings! Does that mean it can fly Mr. Muffin? I've never seen a yellyphant with wings before. They're purdy. Ooooohhh Mr. Yellyphant! Mr Yellyphant!" she calls, waving for Flying Elephant to come over, her fingers still clutching the llama's fur, as if worried that her mom will resume trying to make her leave at any moment. "Can you fly Mr. Yellyphant?!"

(I am changing my point from whitehelm to FE for several reasons, but please don't let this effect how the rest of you vote. *Is so sick of people following her blindly* They are as follows:
1. whitehelm, who I find really suspicious, is going to die anyway, you don't need my vote to lynch him.
2. Alarra would not pass up the chance to point out something as cool as a flying elephant. (Yes....this point is completely RP based....I have no suspicions of FE at all)
3. It annoys me when people point just 'cause everyone else is'.

That is all.)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 03:42 PM
@^: Thus the reason I don't join bandwagons. Much of the time, it's for no reason at all, and everyone who joined is "suspicioned." Also, you may want to change "him" to "Flying Elephant" so the narrator can see better. I've enjoyed seeing you RP. I think it would be a bummer if I had to lynch you for some reason.:smallamused:

Zar Peter
2007-07-17, 03:45 PM
Yes it was hard in Alien I. Thank goodness I got abducted just before we had to lynch this poor alien kid :smallbiggrin:

v It's because you wrote it in a way that everyone must think you knew that I was protected before I said I was. Only the aliens and the DJ knew I was protected! And I want to point out that you are not the DJ!

whitehelm
2007-07-17, 03:49 PM
How is what I posted suspicious? You thought I was an alien trying to protect another, more powerful alien..if I was I would've tried to get someone else voted out, not vote out the guy I was trying to protect. If you finally think he's safe, start pointing at someone else and I'll gladly move my finger.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-17, 04:23 PM
*The llama nuzzles the little kid protectively and points a hoof at Supagoof's characters, pointing out their wild antics to the kids.*

(No reason, but the bandwagon is set, so no harm in pointing at the Goof.)

Alarra
2007-07-17, 05:01 PM
Yes it was hard in Alien I. Thank goodness I got abducted just before we had to lynch this poor alien kid :smallbiggrin:

(Well, I'm not a nalien this time, so you don't have to worry about it :smallbiggrin:)

Alarra giggles at the antics and cause llama nuzzles tickle and cuddles closer to the warm fur.

RocketBard
2007-07-17, 06:50 PM
(Well, I'm not a nalien this time, so you don't have to worry about it :smallbiggrin:)

Alarra giggles at the antics and cause llama nuzzles tickle and cuddles closer to the warm fur.

I notice how you didn't say "an alien," now that is suspicious.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 07:06 PM
I notice how you didn't say "an alien," now that is suspicious.

Too much in character thought going on. That's how little Alarra would say it. :smallamused:

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-17, 08:19 PM
I want to say that if we lynch whitehelm and he is really an alien than I would point at Fleeing Coward tomorrow.
And if we lynch Andre and he is an villager I would also point at Fleeing Coward.
It's more likely that you are an alien, trying to protect an other alien who made a mistake, than that whitehelm wanted to protect Andre with his quote.

Just in case I'm abducted till then.

I don't see why you would consider me so suspicious Zar Peter, I was just pointing out that it may very well have been misinterpreted even though the chances of that is low.
If Whitehelm is in fact an alien, I don't see any reason why I'd be more likely to be an alien when whitehelm appeared to have been trying to protect Andre in that quote. Unless of course you are an alien, or been controlled by one...

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-17, 09:00 PM
Agent Fairchilde returns to his hotel room, frustrated. After an apparant abduction, the list of names grows shorter. "Who was abducted?" He looks at his charts on the walls...

Dartonus and Rumda have been missing since day 1 - they are unlikely to have been the victim. They are also likely to be villagers.

That leaves:
Lord Fullbladder
Mordokai
pingcode20
Voidhawk

"Where are they at?"

Day 3
Akaziel (Posted)
Alarra (Posted)
Andre Fairchilde (Posted)
Atreyu the masked llama (Posted)
Bassetking (Posted)
Castaras (Posted)
Crystall_Myr (Posted)
CurlyKitGirl (Posted)
Dartonus
El Jaspero the Pirate King (Posted)
Emerald Rose (Posted)
Fleeing Coward (Posted)
Flying elephant (Posted)
Helgraf (Posted)
Ink (Posted)
janusnori (Posted)
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Mordokai
Nimbleswick (Posted)
pingcode20
Pwenet (Posted)
radikalskippy (Posted)
RocketBard (Posted)
Rumda
Shadow (Posted)
Supagoof (Posted)
Voidhawk
Vonriel (Posted)
Whitehelm (Posted)
Xykon_fan (Posted)
Zar Peter (Posted)

Vonriel
2007-07-17, 10:21 PM
The sign lights up again. For lack of a better... target I point at... myself.

( I don't really see the need to help along a bandwagon, nor do I feel like actually solving anything right now. :smalltongue: )

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-18, 12:10 AM
As the day comes to a close, Whitehelm is rounded up by the mob. He protests vehemently at first, but once he sees that his argument is futile, he follows everyone to the town square to await his punishment. Just as the square is reached, a townsperson in the back of the mob yells. Ahhhh!!!!! Aliens are coming, run for your lives!!!!! The mob then starts to run in any and every direction people can move. When the dust settles, the town finds out that the real culprit of the noise that sparked the panic was a car backfiring. The mob then notices the trampled bodies of Whitehelm, Dartonus, and Rumda that were all lost in the confusion.

((Summary: Whitehelm was Lynched. Dartonus and Rumda were autolynched. All were villagers.

Night begins and will end Thursday at Midnight EST

whitehelm
2007-07-18, 01:19 AM
My first death!

I start dancing in the town square, scaring everyone.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-18, 01:31 AM
Since you were going to vote for me if whitehelm turned out to be an alien, does that mean you're going to vote for yourself now that he's proven to be another innocent villager ZP? :smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-18, 05:45 AM
"Oh....oh my God! I helped to kill him. I feel so guilty; but I did have a good reason so it helps to alleviate the guilt. What am I doing?! Of cousre it doesn't! I helped to kill someone." Curly staggers home and picks up Smudge. Unable to hold in the tears any more she cries into the soft fur. After crying herself out she goes to the funeral home and pays for a proper burial for whitehelm. His gravestone bears the inscription.: "He wasn't an alien. Truthfully." and some sentimental stuff.

Curly goes home and writes her heartache and guilt out onto the pages of her coursework. She falls asleep at her desk, once more. Exhausted she descends into a deep dreamless sleep.

((I may not be able to get back online until Saturday. Don't autolynch me))

Zar Peter
2007-07-18, 09:48 AM
Since you were going to vote for me if whitehelm turned out to be an alien, does that mean you're going to vote for yourself now that he's proven to be another innocent villager ZP? :smallbiggrin:

Should I? If it would help us finding an alien I would! But unfortunatly I can't see a way if this would help us.

RocketBard
2007-07-18, 09:51 AM
Hmm... this leaves one character that I'm very suspicious about. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she's an alien.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-18, 09:52 AM
It's simple, we lynch you and if your skin doesn't turn green, then everyone who pointed at you is an alien but if it does, everyone who didn't point at you is an alien :smallbiggrin:
Of course, we'll need the aliens' full cooperation but you never know.

Supagoof
2007-07-18, 11:19 AM
Beymar and Emiralk climb down from the telephone pole the jumped up on to avoid getting trampled.

Boy, sure glad the thought the explosion was a car.

Yeah, perhaps we should re-think using gunpowder in our act.

Hmm...what else can we do. Hey, I got an idea! Do you have some wire?

No, but I know where we can get some....Emiralk looks up at the telephone pole, then back at Beymar.

Hmmm, I see. Well, let's go get some from Whitehelm's house. He won't be needing it now, poor guy.

Plus, since the aliens won't need to come after him, we should be safe there from them, right?

Good thinking! Let's go...

The two acrobats head off in the direction of the recently departed Whitehelms to "borrow" some telephone wire.

Castaras
2007-07-18, 11:21 AM
The owl glides over to one of the houses, peering through one of the windows, before fading away into the night.

Pwenet
2007-07-18, 02:26 PM
Pwenet sighs. His software indicated that whitehelm was maybe a alien, maybe a human, maybe Michael Jackson post-surgery, but no concrete answers. Walking away from the lynchings, he heads in the direction of the local bar, to drink some shots for the dearly departed.

RocketBard
2007-07-19, 11:38 AM
Alarra is probably plotting which one of us she should abduct right now, she's probably the Queen alien!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-21, 11:26 AM
Curly wakes up to find night is still ging on. She sighs and goes back to sleep. Smudge leaves the house to go hunt an owl.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-21, 12:36 PM
Agent Fairchilde's alarm clock goes off before the dawn. After starting his morning coffee he glances out the window.

"Are the nights getting longer here?"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-21, 01:06 PM
Smudge, hearing an alarm clock goe to the source of the sound hopin someone will feed her.

Back at home Curly carries on sleeping. Her alarm radio turns on. Queen begins to play. The noise can probably be heard three houses away.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-21, 01:31 PM
At her motel room, the reporter dimly hears some music playing. Grumbling, she rolls over and tries in vain to get back to sleep.

Well, if I can't sleep, I may as well try to get a jump on writing up my notes for this story. Is it still dark out? Where's the coffee pot?

ER turns on a light and fixes a pot a motel coffee, then loads up the laptop.

Skippy
2007-07-21, 09:13 PM
Man, another mistake... Cheer up, guys! The next one will be one of them!!!

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-21, 09:31 PM
The early gray morning is interrupted with the now usual hum of alien spacecraft zooming away with the night's catch.

Day begins and will end Monday at Midnight EST

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-21, 09:34 PM
Agent Fairchilde steps out of his hotel.

"Better take an account of the villagers, perhaps we should have a roll-call."

Day 4
Akaziel (Posted)
Alarra (Posted)
Andre Fairchilde (Posted)
Atreyu the masked llama (Posted)
Bassetking
Castaras (Posted)
Crystall_Myr
CurlyKitGirl (Posted)
El Jaspero the Pirate King
Emerald Rose (Posted)
Fleeing Coward (Posted)
Flying elephant (Posted)
Helgraf (Posted)
Ink (Posted)
janusnori (Posted)
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins (Missing Day 3)
Mordokai (Missing Day 3)
Nimbleswick
pingcode20 (Missing Day 3 - Posted today)
Pwenet (Posted)
radikalskippy
RocketBard (Posted)
Shadow (Posted)
Supagoof
Voidhawk (Missing Day 3 - Posted today)
Vonriel
Xykon_fan (Posted)
Zar Peter

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-21, 09:52 PM
*The llama comes out, looking for the little girl or the crazy performers. He lets out a troubled bleat of alert so they'll come running.*

Alarra
2007-07-21, 09:55 PM
Alarra, hearing the llama sounding upset, tears herself away from her mother and flings herself at him.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-21, 09:56 PM
*The llama visibly calms down and nuzzles the lass*

(Hmmm....any suspicions or clues?)

EmeraldRose
2007-07-21, 10:06 PM
ER comes out of the motel upon hearing the spacecraft. It's already long gone. She sees the others outside already.

Did any of you get a good look at the ship? Can you describe it to me? I wish I could have gotten a photo! My editor would've had to put me on the front page for sure then!! Any ideas yet who may have been taken?

She gets out a notebook and a pen.

RocketBard
2007-07-21, 10:47 PM
The Kwik-E-Mart's lights come on in the early morning. Whoa! Okay, who took all of my ice-cream?


Agent Fairchilde steps out of his hotel.

"Better take an account of the villagers, perhaps we should have a roll-call."

Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the masked llama
Emerald Rose

Alarra is no villager!!

Are we supposed to point now?

@PGCoD: Who was abducted?

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 10:57 PM
The sign is still here.

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 11:02 PM
Actually...

Alright, look. I'm an alien.

I simply don't have the time to keep up with this, and it's causing my PM box to top up far too quickly with discursive PMs.

Please lynch and/or autolynch me - I won't be checking this thread anymore, sorry.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-21, 11:08 PM
The reporter runs up to the sign after the announcement.

Before you go, will you tell us who else we need to be on the lookout for? How many are there? Are you really little and grey? Will we all be abducted?

((@ Ping...Seriously?!? Are you really an alien...or is this a joke? Because if you are...you've just signed your own lynch ticket...:smalleek: ))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-21, 11:19 PM
(He say's he's done following the game - so I recommend the village NOT LYNCH PINGCODE20 today.

If he is an Alien, great! That's two identified.

Let's find another likely alien first.

If he's not participating, he's not helping the aliens with their decisions, etc.

In fact, they may want us to lynch him instead of someone else! We can still lynch him tomorrow. Let's find another alien first.)

"Mr. Pingcode20, I'd like you to sit in this cell here for a little bit. You didn't come out for the roll call yesterday, so for all we know you are under the mind control of the aliens to sacrifice yourself and buy them time for another scry/abduction."

RocketBard
2007-07-22, 12:04 AM
I'm serious, who got abducted?


(Well, I'm not a nalien this time, so you don't have to worry about it :smallbiggrin:)

Alarra giggles at the antics and cause llama nuzzles tickle and cuddles closer to the warm fur.

This doesn't strike anyone as suspicious?! She only said that she wasn't a "nalien" and nothing else.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-22, 12:07 AM
(RB - We don't know who got abducted, thus the role call. Personally, I think Alarra is roleplaying... so no. Way back in day 1 she also said she didn't want to be 'spearminted on' as in child speak for 'EXperimented.')

Shadow
2007-07-22, 01:30 AM
I'm still here, suckas!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-22, 01:35 AM
((I've talked Alarra, and she basically said this was her WW game for RPing. I think a lot of the main players around here are involved in Pirates III, though I could be wrong.))

Oh, and I'm here...I think.

XF "sneaks" through the sheets. Did they abduct anyone? he "whispers" in Andre's ear.

Castaras
2007-07-22, 03:32 AM
The owl hoots and falls out of its tree.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-22, 03:50 AM
The gnome wakes up upon hearing the sound of the alien spaceship, seeing that the llama is still hanging around, he hides his sushi knife back up his sleeves hoping that this town is friendlier than the last one he visited.

((Here, and hoping that this place isn't full of llama lovers too or I might not be around much longer. Anyone seen ZP yet?))

Pwenet
2007-07-22, 06:49 AM
Pwenet awakens late, groaning about coffee keeping him up late. Exiting towards the streets he makes his way towards a diner to get some good old breakfast, enjoying the early morning.

Voidhawk
2007-07-22, 08:00 AM
Voidhawk stumbles out of the alley where he was lying unconcious the previous night.

URRRhhh

Ah maan, ma head is Killlin' me, there must have been something in that root beer

Now wher's that astro'n'my guy, he sounded like he knew what was going on round here

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-22, 09:42 AM
(ZP is on vacation and offline this weekend. He should be back online on Monday.)

Ink
2007-07-22, 12:34 PM
Ink wakes up and opens one eye gingerly, half-expecting be in a bizarre stark white room and tied down to a slab with weird creatures cutting him open and performing experiments. He finds himself in his own comfy bed instead and happily rolls over and continues snoozing.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-22, 02:20 PM
Curly awakens to find her Queen LP skipping and thus jammed on the line
"I'm one card short of a full deck
I'm not quite the shilling
Oh dear"
"Oh great. Stupid nostalgia, but it sounds so much better with an LP." She thumps the record player and it continues to play the song. Eventually finishing. Upon hearing the frenzied role call she dashes outside and shouts "I'm still here. Does anyone know who's missing?" As the townspeople become settle down she decides to eat out for breakfast; so she heads to the coffee shop because it does a very good English breakfast.
Still in a sleepy state she ambles around the crowd gathered around Pingcode20 and enters the cafe. "One full English breakfast, no beans or eggs please." She sits down and eats one of the best English breakfasts she has ever had. "Delicious."

Flying Elephant
2007-07-22, 02:35 PM
I appear to still be in one piece...

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-22, 04:11 PM
((Alright, I guess I'll start the pointing. I won't be on much for a while, so I need someone to point at. I talked to FC last night and told him I'd be doing a point at him today to avoid being auto-lynched. Please don't kill me for this...))

XF taps Fleeing Coward on the shoulder, and then quickly runs away as he must pack up all his material possessions.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-22, 07:45 PM
((Yep, I'm not pointing back at you because of this but XF, like I told you yesterday, your record certainly does look suspicious. You had no trouble joining the first day inky (mason) bandwagon, decided to not to join the Vicarin (alien) bandwagon citing that you didn't like to join bandwagons, yet you were among the first to join against whitehelm (villager) despite the fact that what he said could have been a simple misinterpretation like I mentioned later on. And our conversation last night certainly didn't help your cause.))

The gnome turns around and upon seeing Xykon_Fan running away, pulls out his knife and decides to give chase.

Well, it ain't no llama but it'll have to do for now.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-22, 08:36 PM
ER spies the chase going on and goes to see what is happening.

Hey guys, is that an alien chasing one of the villagers? She points at Fleeing Coward.

Pwenet
2007-07-22, 08:47 PM
Arriving at the diner, Pwenet sees that it is closed due, with a sticker from the CDC. While walking away, he makes sure to indicate that he is still in the town.


Walking along the streets listening to a random iPod song, he observes a chase going on, but his caffeine deprived brain can't identify who is chasing whom, so he makes his way towards the cafe.

Entering the cafe, he orders a espresso shot, then gets a nice bagel sandwich while the caffeine works its magic.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-22, 10:29 PM
((On second thoughts, might be better to lynch someone who admits to been an alien. If pingcode is an alien, then we get rid of any risk of getting a villager killed. If he is been mind controlled, then we're killing off someone who isn't going to be useful in anyway except to the aliens and we still don't risk losing a villager. The reasoning behind this is that since we won't get a seer until they are abducted first if I read the rules correctly, it's better to avoid random lynchings when we have a perfectly reasonable target and wait until the seer does get abducted and returned so that we have better leads than random points.))

Unable to keep up with the pace that Xykon_Fan is setting on his short gnomish legs, the gnome decides to stab the sign (Pingcode) that just happens to be lying in his way.

Helgraf
2007-07-22, 10:33 PM
((Back from convention ... so very very tired... but satisfied))

"Hmmm ... you're makin' a lot of noise out of a child's speech impediment, 'Bard'. I gots my eye on you ... but first, let's clear us out an alien."

*Helgraf swivels the shotgun to point at pingcode20*

Skippy
2007-07-22, 10:46 PM
Hmmm... I don't like that... That behavior isn't normal and I don't think it's a good idea... This guy convinces me more everyday, that he's not normal...

*Points at Helgraf*

((Cool!! I want to go to a convention... but I haven't any money nor conventions near me...))

Alarra
2007-07-22, 10:57 PM
"Oooh...Mr. Llama...Why is he stabbling the sign?" She points at Fleeing Coward. "Did it make him mad somehow?" She looks genuinely confused.

(this may seem like a completely rp post, but I'm actually suspicious of FC)

RocketBard
2007-07-22, 11:00 PM
FC is trying to take the attention off of him by hanging a guy that's going to get auto-lynched!

*grabs the baseball-bat from behind the Kwik-E-Mart counter and beats Fleeing_Coward*