PDA

View Full Version : Where in the Playground are YOU?!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

randman22222
2008-05-18, 10:20 AM
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Not the most exciting place, and summers get to 50 degree centigrade.

Caracol
2008-05-18, 12:35 PM
Italy!

I live in Andria but I study and pass most of my time in Bologna.

I know for sure that I'm not the only Italian in the Playground, but I don't know who are the others.

greecetrap
2008-05-18, 04:24 PM
Wow.

I can't believe it.

Here, in the playground, there is another inhabitant of

Princeton, New Jersey, US.

Scary.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-18, 05:46 PM
Awwww... I thought you were from Greece.:smallfrown:

Flabbicus
2008-05-28, 06:46 PM
Wow.

I can't believe it.

Here, in the playground, there is another inhabitant of

Princeton, New Jersey, US.

Scary.
I bet you're talking about me.
You rang?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-28, 06:48 PM
Well, I used to live in California while I was in high school, but am currently attending college in Virginia.

Might I ask where you go to college in VA?

gnomas
2008-05-28, 08:58 PM
ooh! I want to be in this thread!

I'll join the group from ottawa, ontario, canada. good to know there's people near me

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-02, 12:07 AM
Australia
Act
Canberra

How come OP shows no-one else from here?

Kyrian
2008-06-02, 12:21 AM
USA: Indiana: Indianapolis

I'll take a helping of I live in Indy, Indiana too.

That's Indianapolis...before you go getting smart and marking me down for "Indy" :smalltongue::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Willing to meet peoples that come through here too!

RTGoodman
2008-06-02, 12:25 AM
If the OP gets updated at any point soon, I'm officially moved away from Greenville, NC, since I graduated this semester. Now, I'm back home for at least a year, in Thomasville, NC, USA.

SilentNight
2008-06-02, 08:39 AM
I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon. I'm in El Cerrito, California. El Cerrito means "the little hill" in Spanish I think. It's weird though because the little hill that the name comes from is actually in the neighboring town of Albany. :smallconfused:

West Coast: We give a damn!

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-02, 02:11 PM
He frozen hell of Cania. Did I say Cania? I meant Canada, Winnipeg manitbo to be exact.

ghost_warlock
2008-06-03, 04:11 AM
As it should say beneath my name, to the left, I live in Sioux City, Iowa (USA).

It is so very, very lonely here. :smallfrown:

Lu-Tzao
2008-06-05, 06:15 PM
Auckland, New Zealand! Huzzah for the little islands! Hopefully, soon to be Palmerston North, New Zealand. Assuming I score well on my exams

An Enemy Spy
2008-06-06, 02:56 PM
Gig Harbor, WA, USA, North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Whatever THe Heck This Universe Is Named.
Its a lot like Nebraska but with water, hills, trees, less corn, nearby cities and the fact that it is nothing like Nebraska
I was born in Tacoma, WA, USA, North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Whatever THe Heck This Universe Is Named which is ranked # 1 for stolen cars in the whole country

Player_Zero
2008-06-06, 04:01 PM
Couldn't help but notice that this thread hasn't been update since... Ever. And I wanna' snoop through the personal whereabout of people, so...

*Poke*

Poerts
2008-06-07, 05:13 AM
Couldn't help but notice that this thread hasn't been update since... Ever. And I wanna' snoop through the personal whereabout of people, so...

*Poke*

Oh snap you're right. Whatever, Port McNeill, British Columbia, Canada, here.

Tuberculosis
2008-06-07, 07:18 PM
I'm in Olympia, Washington. (USA.)

Burrito
2008-06-07, 08:55 PM
Currently in a Direct Supervision unit, in a brown uniform, surrounded by 64 guys in orange uniforms. Some county, some state, some federal, some even USBP.

Desidus
2008-06-07, 09:48 PM
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States

maclaird
2008-06-19, 06:46 PM
Milwaukee Wisconsin here. At least that makes 2 of us now.

seraphimovic
2008-06-19, 06:56 PM
bucharest, romania :smallsmile:

SoD
2008-06-26, 10:21 PM
My place can be moved from Helsinki-Finland to Hobart, Tasmania-Australia.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-26, 10:28 PM
I thought I'd posted here already, but I'm not on the list. I live in Ellicott City, Maryland. Except when I'm at college, in which case I'm in Fredericksburg VA, as it says under my avatar.

Silence
2008-07-04, 04:05 PM
I'm in Nashville, TN.

Woot! I'm not near anyone!

Pocketa
2008-07-04, 04:06 PM
I'm on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley, CA! on a PSP!

Victor Thorian
2008-07-04, 04:07 PM
Eskisehir, Turkei.

Thufir
2008-07-05, 09:52 AM
Newcastle, England.

Mercenary Pen
2008-07-05, 10:09 AM
United Kingdom

Milton Keynes

That is all.

TheShadowSage
2008-07-05, 03:15 PM
Ooohh, that thing has numbers on it!

I live around Worcester, Massachusetts in the USA on Earth, somewhere in the universe.

Lucia
2008-07-05, 04:04 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Though right now it´s more like Crazy Country, where nuts people do ridiculous things :smallfrown:

Paladin29
2008-07-06, 01:15 PM
I live in Madrid, Spain.

Austran
2008-07-06, 01:33 PM
Tatuí, São Paulo, Brazil.

alexeduardo
2008-07-06, 01:57 PM
I'm from up here on Chihuahua, México!!!

If you don't know were that is, don't waste my time

DoranLiadon
2008-07-07, 01:51 AM
Hey, thers no Ireland and im from Ireland, no fair.

Prophaniti
2008-07-07, 08:42 AM
I reside in Cache Valley (known colloquially as Happy Valley to some residents, meant disparagingly), Utah, USA. The exact town is subject to change occasionally, but I've lived in the valley most of my life. It can be simultaneously a very quiet or very busy place, depending on how much you care about local events. The main city, Logan, holds about 50,000 people, with many more in the towns surrounding it, most of which have grown together until you can't tell when you leave one and enter another. The valley is very much predominantly LDS (Mormon), and is also home to Utah State University (USU, the Aggies), originally an agricultural college, that now holds some interesting records among US colleges. Most notably, I believe they are still the university that sends the most scientific projects and experiments into space. I honestly can't recall if that's 'most in the US' or 'most in the world', but it's the most of one or the other.

Despite it's still visible rural roots, there are elements of cities here. We have many cinemas, a very busy comercial district, rush hour traffic that can drive you mad, and are home to the Utah Festival Opera company. All in all, not a bad place to live, as I can get away from the crowds and go hiking or camping within less than an hours drive, and also do mall shopping and movie going. Though as my single brothers explain to my stodgy, married self, there is no real party/nightlife scene.

And yes, in case your wondering, I'm writing so much about this place because I'm bored out of my mind!:smalltongue: though not for the reason you'd think. It's because I'm stuck at work for the next 10 hours...

EDIT: Here's a link for those as bored as me to Logan City's website (http://www.loganutah.org/). Mostly putting it up for the pictures. I love our mountains, especially climbing them. I've been to the top on both sides of the valley.

Harbajar
2008-07-07, 04:50 PM
My residence is Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.

(beginning to make an effort to step in from the cold and be looking out from the sunny warm playground :smallbiggrin: by posting more)

Mercenary Pen
2008-07-07, 05:13 PM
Because it isn't obvious, I live in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-08, 12:39 PM
Norman, Oklahoma here. Oklahoma City just got an NBA team finally! :smallcool:

someonenonotyou
2008-07-08, 12:58 PM
im not sure if i post here before and to lazy to check i live in SPARTA! ... sparta michigan not greece or whatever

FireSpark
2008-07-09, 04:49 PM
Greetings posters. I received a PM the other day asking if I would be kind enough to update the first post of this thread. Well, after I got over the shock that the thread was still active (didn't subscribe to it, you see), I agreed to make an attempt. So over the next couple of days, I'll be going over the entire thread (Celestia help me) and making changes as needed.

My apologies for not realizing that this thread was still here, but I thought for sure that it had died at some point. Ah well, I guess I've got my work cut out for me.

Serpentine
2008-07-09, 11:52 PM
I can't find the post now, but I believe a mod (Lilly, maybe?) was updating it for you.
I still think it's stickyable <.<

Guyr Adamantine
2008-07-10, 12:36 PM
Oooh, shiny!

I'm from St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada.

FireSpark
2008-07-10, 04:42 PM
Oooh, shiny!

I think you just won the "My home town's name is a Mouthful" award. :smallbiggrin: Eesh. I can't imagine having to write out my address for people with a name that long. :smalltongue:

Griever
2008-07-10, 04:44 PM
Throw me in right near you, Allen, Texas.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-07-10, 08:05 PM
I think you just won the "My home town's name is a Mouthful" award. :smallbiggrin: Eesh. I can't imagine having to write out my address for people with a name that long. :smalltongue:

Well, if its all about my hometown, I was born and raised in Montreal.

Cynan Machae
2008-07-24, 05:10 PM
Never noticed this thread.

I'm in Sainte-Foy, Québec, Canada.

And there is small towns much worse than St-Jean-sur-Richelieu in Quebec :smalltongue:

Syne
2008-07-24, 05:29 PM
I'm currently at Israel, Yehud; though I'm usually at a little piece of hell called Sayarim where I die a little every day; where suffering is reborn and takes on an entirely new meaning; where the living envy the dead; and so on. It's an Armored Corps IDF base which sucks pretty badly.

FireSpark
2008-07-24, 07:53 PM
Just to let people that I am still working on things. Life and stuff tends to keep getting in my way though. But I'm so far one fifth complete with my update (approximately).

Lex-Kat
2008-07-24, 08:50 PM

You think that's a mouthful, check out Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch) It's a village in Wales, England.

Anyways, I'm from Charlotte, MI.

randman22222
2008-07-24, 08:52 PM
I'm in Morgantown, WV, and then will go to Des Moines, IA, and then back to Abu Dhabi, UAE, when my vacation is over.

...I wanted to go to Germany. :smallfrown:
Oh well, this vacation has been awesomesauce.

Murska
2008-07-24, 09:59 PM
Finland, Lohja to be precise. Three of us today, THE WORLD IN LIKE, COUPLE THOUSAND YEARS!

Phae Nymna
2008-07-24, 10:18 PM
New Orleans, Louisiana. USA, Earth. Milky Way, Knowne Univers

dps
2008-07-25, 09:27 PM
Mt. Olvie, NC, USA

Dragonrider
2008-07-25, 09:45 PM
You think that's a mouthful, check out Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch) It's a village in Wales, England.

Properly, Wales is not in England. It's in the UK. :smalltongue:

Also, I second Serpentine's motion - this thread is definitely of stickying caliber.

amanamana
2008-07-26, 01:58 AM
Well... if everyone wants to keep this living...
I'm from Campo Grande (city), Mato Grosso do Sul (state), Brazil (you got it, didn't you?).

NICE TO MEET YOU, EVERYONE!

Reading the forums and the comics for the last 3 years (ish), but just registered now, hours ago. This is only my third post, although I've being watching you for quite sometime... Bwahahahahahahaha (sinister laugh)...

arguskos
2008-07-26, 02:11 AM
Just realized this place existed... :D

As a note, I live in Richardson, Texas, at the University of Texas at Dallas, if you're still updating this here place name thingy.

-argus

Lex-Kat
2008-07-26, 05:36 AM
Properly, Wales is not in England. It's in the UK. :smalltongue:

That's it, all I could think of was Great Britain.:smallredface:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-26, 05:42 AM
Greetings posters. I received a PM the other day asking if I would be kind enough to update the first post of this thread. Well, after I got over the shock that the thread was still active (didn't subscribe to it, you see), I agreed to make an attempt. So over the next couple of days, I'll be going over the entire thread (Celestia help me) and making changes as needed.

My apologies for not realizing that this thread was still here, but I thought for sure that it had died at some point. Ah well, I guess I've got my work cut out for me.
Could you remove the typo then? I live in Dordrecht, NOT Dondrecht...:smallannoyed:

Dihan
2008-07-26, 05:48 AM
That's it, all I could think of was Great Britain.:smallredface:

Great Britain, UK, Britain, the British Isles... It all refers to the same place. There's no excuse saying that Wales is part of England, we may be united through the same Queen but we have our own National Assembly. You wouldn't say Scotland or Northern Ireland are in England. :smallannoyed:

*Lives in and is from Wales - not England*

/minirant

Calamity
2008-07-26, 05:50 AM
Great Britain, UK, Britain, the British Isles... It all refers to the same place. There's no excuse saying that Wales is part of England, we may be united through the same Queen but we have our own National Assembly. You wouldn't say Scotland or Northern Ireland are in England. :smallannoyed:

/minirant

To add to this, you wouldn't say that England is in Wales neither. It's would basically be the same sort of mistake.

Wales is a country. So is England. Ergo, one cannot be in another.

Back on topic: Oh, by the way, I'm a English Northerner. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-26, 05:53 AM
Wales is a country.

:smallconfused:

Calamity
2008-07-26, 05:54 AM
Wales is a country[./QUOTE]

:smallconfused:

Are you telling me that you don't believe that Wales is a country?
The world's gone mad! Mad, I say!

Dihan
2008-07-26, 05:56 AM
To add to this, you wouldn't say that England is in Wales neither. It's would basically be the same sort of mistake.

Wales is a country. So is England. Ergo, one cannot be in another.

Oh, by the way, I'm a English Northerner. :smallwink:

A minor point as I doubt anybody would ever say England is in Wales.

@D-D: Technically, it's a Principality. We like to call it a country though, it makes us sound more important than we are.

Calamity
2008-07-26, 05:58 AM
A minor point as I doubt anybody would ever say England is in Wales.

Yeah, I know. But what I'm trying to say is that saying Wales is in England is as bad as saying England is in Wales.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-26, 06:07 AM
Are you telling me that you don't believe that Wales is a country?
No, but my Atlas does.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-27, 12:18 AM

*Lives in and is from Wales - not England*

/minirant

Oh, do forgive. Honestly, I have nothing but respect for the Welsh. My ancestry is from Wales, and I'd love to go there, someday.

As for not saying that Scotland or Northern Ireland are in England. Yes, actually, I would. If I was as tired as I was when I made the original post.:smallsigh: And, if I remember correctly, Great Britain is the island, not the country. The United Kingdom is everything governed by the ruling class. But hey, what do I know.:smallconfused:

SoD
2008-07-27, 02:51 AM
I am no longer Finland-Helsinki.

I am now HobartTasmania-Australia.

alchemyprime
2008-07-27, 01:13 PM
Moreno Valley, California

ColonelFuster
2008-07-30, 05:55 PM
BAM!
Point Defiance, Washington, USA!
SHAZAM!

detrevnisisiht
2008-07-31, 11:00 AM
Cleveland OH USA

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 11:09 AM
Kent, England

Coplantor
2008-08-01, 10:29 AM
Hi, I´m in Montevido, Uruguay.

Shademan
2008-08-01, 03:18 PM
the northmost parts of norway.
here we have two seasons. winter. and green winter.

Stycotl
2008-08-09, 12:05 PM
salem utah. most recently...

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 03:32 PM
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Agamid
2008-08-09, 06:08 PM
Right now, i'm in Canberra, and it's snowing!
I've never seen snow before in my life so I'm rather over stimulated and ecstatic for someone who's up early on a sunday morning and completely freezing.

de-trick
2008-08-09, 07:51 PM
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

finally someonew from manitoba, besides me.

Just a question. In like June id you hear some guy in a bus ask if you wanted a Juice box, or teenagers waving in a bus

just cause that could of been me and my friends on a field trip

Gem Flower
2008-08-09, 07:53 PM
More Canadians are always a good thing, no matter what city or province they come from!:smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-08-09, 08:00 PM
More Canadians are always a good thing, no matter what city or province they come from!:smallbiggrin:

i know, just i wanted to see if me and my friends looked like special needs people or hicks

yah, we got pretty excited, worse game to play was bus, one thing in Dauphin, but not in Winnipeg, we were pretty pumped even thou we left at like 6 in the morning, was a 4 hour bus ride

shadowxknight
2008-08-09, 08:03 PM
Sunnyvale, CA; USA

Sleepy American suburb

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 08:27 PM

that just reminds of this quote fro Yahtzee, for some reason: Yes, I know not all americans are cowboys or *******s. There are the Canadians too.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 08:28 PM
finally someonew from manitoba, besides me.

Just a question. In like June id you hear some guy in a bus ask if you wanted a Juice box, or teenagers waving in a bus

just cause that could of been me and my friends on a field trip

Where were you in the city? Because that may have been you I've seen.

de-trick
2008-08-09, 08:43 PM
Polo park, EB games(both), Rona(i ran to Rona), future shop, Cos-Co, golf-town(chick at the counter was rude, first they took are bags from dollarerama, then she was a snob about giving back, too bad she was pretty good looking)

was around the 10th to 22nd i think, not sure of the exact date

side story again in that drug store in polo park, we got security after us, cause we looked like people who got kicked out the other day and banned, ended up shutting her up by wipping out the fake ID

but might end up going back up to the pegger some time, after i get licence, would take bus, but now im scared to go on a greyhound

Duos Greanleef
2008-08-09, 08:58 PM
Plymouth, Indiana (close to Chicago, closer to South Bend)
:smallsmile:

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 09:07 PM
Polo park, EB games(both), Rona(i ran to Rona), future shop, Cos-Co, golf-town(chick at the counter was rude, first they took are bags from dollarerama, then she was a snob about giving back, too bad she was pretty good looking)

was around the 10th to 22nd i think, not sure of the exact date

side story again in that drug store in polo park, we got security after us, cause we looked like people who got kicked out the other day and banned, ended up shutting her up by wipping out the fake ID

but might end up going back up to the pegger some time, after i get licence, would take bus, but now im scared to go on a greyhound

O.O That was you I saw!

Werewindlefr
2008-08-09, 09:27 PM
Detroit, Michigan. Recently moved there from my sweet, temperate, peaceful and grey-skied Normandy.

de-trick
2008-08-09, 09:32 PM
O.O That was you I saw!

either me or one of my like 10 friends who were on the trip with me, but anyways did we look like hicks

we could not get the drink machine to work, it took paper, we only have coin, spent a good 10min trying different bills

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 11:02 PM
I would use a more polite term then hicks but.... kinda...

Krade
2008-08-10, 12:53 AM
So raise your hand if you've noticed that the list in the OP hasn't been updated in TEN MONTHS!!!

*Raises hand*

*leaves thread*

SoD
2008-08-10, 12:58 AM
*raises hand*

And, for the record, if it gets updated soon: Not Helsinki-Finland.

Now: Tasmania-Australia (Hobart).

de-trick
2008-08-10, 01:08 AM
*raises hand*

hick is a complement here, culture differences i tell u

Toil3T
2008-08-10, 06:16 AM
I am no longer Finland-Helsinki.

I am now HobartTasmania-Australia.

Greetings, the-one-who-was-formerly-known-as-Finland-Helsinki-and-is-now-known-as-Hobart-Tasmania-(Australia). That's a rather odd name change, yet appealing in a quaint sort of way.

I live in One Tree Hill, South Australia. It's in the Elizabeth-Salisbury-Tea Trea Gully-Kersbrook area, or roughly half an hour's drive north of Adelaide. Yes, kangaroos have been known to hop through our small town, and emus do live in the area. No, we do not use them as transport. We do eat them though. They're delicious . And delicacies.

Australia: We eat the animals on our coat of arms.

randman22222
2008-08-10, 06:19 AM
I'm not sure the OP has even logged in in a good, long while...

Oh, and for all the Aussies here: www.invadenewzealand.com . :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2008-08-10, 06:22 AM
Says he logged on yesterday in his profile. Someone wanna' PM him?

Toil3T
2008-08-10, 07:29 AM

Looks like he's working on it. Although this was posted on July 10th. Maybe he's just procrastinating?

And that Invade New Zealand video is hilarious!

Seffbasilisk
2008-08-10, 06:26 PM
Actually in Nyack, NY. Just across the Hudson river from NY, NY.

Serpentine
2008-08-12, 09:45 AM
Kent, EnglandMy dad was born there...

That Invade New Zealand video came from this (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruentransfer/poll/vote/past.htm) :smallbiggrin: You can see the opposition, as well as the other contests. I strongly recommend the anti-tourism ones. Brilliant show, that one... And who but Will Anderson could make a show about advertising fun?

Krrth
2008-08-12, 10:14 AM
Richmond, Virginia.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-12, 11:23 AM
I just moved to Hastings-on-Hudson, New York from the Bronx. It's a little ways up the river from the City itself.

I'm looking for a gaming group in the nearby area btw if anyone has one with an open chair. :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-10-08, 09:33 PM
Alternatively Houston and Waco TX, depending on whether school is in.

BanjoTheClown
2008-10-08, 09:35 PM
Toronto, Ontario.

Phae Nymna
2008-10-08, 09:54 PM
^ *ahem*
EH?
[/jerk]

Just kidding. Canada is my third choice for immediate relocation. It comes behind England which is behind Russia.

Fawkes
2008-10-08, 10:10 PM
Just kidding. Canada is my third choice for immediate relocation. It comes behind England which is behind Russia.

Russia? Seriously?

Why?

Also, be more clever when insulting our maple syrupy neighbors to the north.

Silence
2008-10-17, 08:04 PM
Nashville, TN right here. USA FTW.

arguskos
2008-10-17, 08:20 PM
Yo! Chalk me up for Richardson, Texas, United States! If you'd prefer, you can list it as Dallas, TX instead (Richardson is a suburb inside of Dallas).

-argus

Raien
2008-10-17, 08:31 PM
Holy crap, there's someone else from Ames here? :-o

Yeah, I'm in Ames, IA, USA.

Boo
2008-10-17, 08:35 PM
Toronto, Ontario -> Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario -> Powell River, British Columbia

All of these are in Canada.

loopy
2008-10-17, 09:23 PM
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Serpentine
2008-10-17, 10:51 PM
Ooooooh. Where, exactly, on the Central Coast, if you don't mind my asking? I'm in Armidale, and my mother lives in Sawtell.

Mr. Mud
2008-10-17, 11:00 PM
Any fellow Annapolitans in the house? :smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

SoD
2008-10-18, 06:07 AM
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.

No longer: Helsinki, Finland.

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 06:28 AM
Garbsen, Germany. It's around Hanover. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-18, 06:33 AM
Yo! Chalk me up for Richardson, Texas, United States! If you'd prefer, you can list it as Dallas, TX instead (Richardson is a suburb inside of Dallas).

-argus
Thou is inside of me? :smalleek:

Pauwel
2008-10-18, 10:27 AM
I'm in Mørkhøj in Denmark!

Castaras
2008-10-18, 10:31 AM
Eh, doesn't look like this thread is gonna be updated any time soon...last update was this time last year.

Pity. Maybe a new thread with a Frapper map or something in it would do...

Fostire
2008-10-18, 10:51 AM
Eh, doesn't look like this thread is gonna be updated any time soon...last update was this time last year.

The op said that he was going to update this, but that was about a month ago

MrEdwardNigma
2008-10-18, 01:26 PM
I can't believe that after all this time I'm still the only Belgian playgrounder!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-18, 01:36 PM

Yeah...And he spelled the city's name I live in wrong.:smallsigh::smallfrown:

XenoTherapy
2008-10-19, 06:54 PM
Bunker Hill, WV, which is literally a single street that runs out of Inwood, next to Martinsburg.

memnarch
2008-10-19, 07:46 PM
minnesota; not disclosing anymore specific.

afroakuma
2008-10-19, 07:52 PM
Eastern Canada. Currently connected via headset to corporate America, London, Brussels, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Munich et. al.

someonenonotyou
2008-10-21, 08:53 AM
i thought i posted here befor but im not on the fist post so
I live in USA MI SPARTA!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 09:06 AM
I live in USA MI SPARTA!
Sparta....

*must resist reference/quotation*

valadil
2008-10-21, 10:27 AM
Davis Square. It's near Boston. I quite like it and hope to stay for a while.

ghost_warlock
2008-10-21, 10:48 AM
Holy crap, there's someone else from Ames here? :-o

Yeah, I'm in Ames, IA, USA.

I have a cousin poking around college in Ames. Although I'm fairly certain he doesn't frequent the Playground.

As for me, I'm fairly certain I've posted here before but in case I didn't, I live in Sioux City, IA (exactly as noted on beneath my avatar and such).

Fawkes
2008-10-21, 10:49 AM
I live in USA MI SPARTA!

First post hasn't updated in like a year.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 10:52 AM
Actually, tomorrow the 22nd it will be a actual year.

Raien
2008-10-21, 08:25 PM
I have a cousin poking around college in Ames. Although I'm fairly certain he doesn't frequent the Playground.

As for me, I'm fairly certain I've posted here before but in case I didn't, I live in Sioux City, IA (exactly as noted on beneath my avatar and such).

I did once see someone wearing an OotS shirt when I was walking in campus, and I was too stunned at first to say anything (yeah, I'm very easily startled) and by the time I recovered he was past me and I didn't want to turn around and be like, "Hey! I also enjoy that comic! *awkward silence* So uh, yeah...that is all."

ghost_warlock
2008-10-21, 11:54 PM
I did once see someone wearing an OotS shirt when I was walking in campus, and I was too stunned at first to say anything (yeah, I'm very easily startled) and by the time I recovered he was past me and I didn't want to turn around and be like, "Hey! I also enjoy that comic! *awkward silence* So uh, yeah...that is all."

Did he kinda look like Dopey Dwarf (http://students.ou.edu/P/Lesley.B.Pierce-1/dopey.gif) but with blond hair? If so, it might have been my cousin. I didn't think he read OotS, but I may be wrong. As far as I know, he's only moderately involved in gaming culture. He's got a facebook page; if you want to check to see if it was him, PM me or something and I'll send a link.

Sereg
2008-10-22, 01:23 AM
I love Warshrike's post.

South Africa, Gauteng, Pretoria

Raien
2008-10-22, 01:51 AM
Did he kinda look like Dopey Dwarf (http://students.ou.edu/P/Lesley.B.Pierce-1/dopey.gif) but with blond hair? If so, it might have been my cousin. I didn't think he read OotS, but I may be wrong. As far as I know, he's only moderately involved in gaming culture. He's got a facebook page; if you want to check to see if it was him, PM me or something and I'll send a link.

Heh, actually it was an Asian kid. But if your cousin's involved at all in the gaming culture here I might know him. I'll pm you.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-10-22, 01:58 AM
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-10-22, 02:16 AM
Australia,

Perth; The river Styx runs through here. The Swan river (as it is known to the mortals) looks different after you die. I swear.

Silence
2008-10-22, 07:37 AM
I'm surprised that I'm still the only guy from Nashville and its surrounding areas. Really, you would think that with a capitol, at least one other would be from there.

sparky22
2008-10-22, 07:44 AM
Glasgow, Scotland

Calyx Asgard
2008-10-23, 04:18 PM
I live in a suburb near Adelaide, South Australia. :smallsmile:

Texas Jedi
2008-10-23, 05:16 PM
I live in Frisco, Texas United States it's a suburb of Dallas.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-23, 05:21 PM
I live in Frisco, Texas United States it's a suburb of Dallas.
GET OUT OF ME!
How many times do I have to tell you people to GET OUT OF ME!

:smalltongue:

Texas Jedi
2008-10-23, 05:35 PM
GET OUT OF ME!
How many times do I have to tell you people to GET OUT OF ME!

:smalltongue:

Then you should change your name to something else.
:smallcool:

Lady Katja
2008-10-23, 07:11 PM
I am from the US. Duluth, Minnesota, to be specific. :smallsmile:

Fostire
2008-10-29, 07:48 PM
Bump to notify that the list has been updated.

Fawkes
2008-10-29, 07:50 PM
Wow, really? :smallconfused: Didn't see that coming.

Hey, look, he even put me down as Houston/Waco!:smallbiggrin:

Mad Mask
2008-10-30, 06:22 AM
I'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It's close to the Andromeda Galaxy.

Wolfbane
2008-10-30, 02:50 PM
My current residence is Warrensburg, Missouri USA.

GoC
2008-10-30, 03:49 PM
Used to be Armenia, Quindio, Colombia, South America. Now Camden, London, UK.

KingRexII
2008-10-30, 05:02 PM
I'm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

Go Phils!

Winterwind
2008-11-05, 09:45 AM
I moved two months ago; my new place of residence is still in Germany, but now called Gilching (which even most Germans won't know about, probably; it's in Bavaria, close to Munich).

Krytha
2008-11-05, 10:29 AM
I'm from Toronto, but I'm working and living in Seoul, South Korea.

Pepz
2008-11-05, 10:36 AM
Alive and kicking in Tilburg, The Netherlands

Neko Toast
2008-11-05, 10:40 AM
Woot! There's someone on the list who's at Stevens Point, WI right now. xD I'm totally there right now, too.
Originally lived in Madison, though.

Calanais
2008-11-05, 11:53 AM
Garrabost is a little township (hamlet or small cluster of houses) on the peninsula of Point (An Rubha in gaelic), near Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis on the Western Isles (Eilean Siar) of Scotland, and is where I am.:smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2008-11-05, 04:58 PM
During Turn Time; Ceredigion, Wales, UK.

Vizen
2008-11-05, 06:44 PM
Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm surprised at the number of playgrounders from here. :smalleek:

FireSpark
2008-11-11, 09:42 PM

New post, no. Updated first post? Yes. And as I mentioned there, all credit for the updated list goes to Lord Rod.

But there, or rather here. I hath broken my dry streak in this thread. Now back to the hectic cacophony of chaos that is my life.

Vagnarok
2008-11-12, 01:20 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota! Yay!

Haven
2008-11-12, 01:25 AM
Okay, so normally it just bugs me when people use TVTropes all the time in their posts (I'm a big fan and active on the forums there, but it always seems forced here). However, I like this trope name so much that I just have to use it to describe my current location:

I'm in the Big Applesauce. :D Specifically, I live in Brooklyn (though I'm typing this from Manhattan)

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-12, 01:46 AM
Alright, my turn.

Specifically, I live in Madison Heights, Michigan, USA.

But, since Madison Heights is within walking distance of 8 mile, you can just label me as Detroit.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-13, 12:29 PM
Western Australia; Perth.

Man, everyone from WA is from Perth on your list, lol. I should've stayed in Albany.

Jimp
2008-11-13, 02:07 PM
Cork, Ireland.

Crispy Dave
2008-11-13, 04:03 PM
well I hear tell that Crispydave lives in Oregon Near Portland. But he is supposed to move up to Seattle Washington "hopefully" soon

Tam_OConnor
2008-11-13, 04:44 PM
Lincoln, Nebraska, during the school year, and Ann Arbor, Michigan otherwise.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-13, 08:44 PM
I'm in Elgin, Illinois, which is right next to Chicago. Since Chi-town is the city that people have heard of and I go there pretty often, that's what's in my Location box.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-13, 09:16 PM
Lincoln, Nebraska, during the school year, and Ann Arbor, Michigan otherwise.

Yay Ann Arbor! I've been out that way a few times.

Fiery Diamond
2008-11-13, 09:30 PM
What, nobody else from my hometown:smallfrown:. :smallwink: Not like I expected it. I live in Marion, Virginia. It's a small town about 2 hours south of Roanoke along I-81. I go to college in Grand Rapids, Michigan, though (Calvin College, for any who care.)

someonenonotyou
2008-11-13, 11:55 PM
What, nobody else from my hometown:smallfrown:. :smallwink: Not like I expected it. I live in Marion, Virginia. It's a small town about 2 hours south of Roanoke along I-81. I go to college in Grand Rapids, Michigan, though (Calvin College, for any who care.)

Really i might be going there next year

Griever
2008-11-14, 12:16 AM
In Lubbock for the school year, and probably the majority of the next four, if you wanna move me. :smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-14, 12:23 AM
Woot! More Michigan connected peoples!

Matticus
2008-11-14, 01:33 AM
I live in a little place called Purakanui, fifteen minutes out of Dunedin, New Zealand.
And I bet I'm the only person from here in this entire forum! I am the king of Purakanui! Muhuhahahaha....

Ganurath
2008-11-14, 04:18 AM
I live in a little place called Purakanui, fifteen minutes out of Dunedin, New Zealand.
And I bet I'm the only person from here in this entire forum! I am the king of Purakanui! Muhuhahahaha....Thank you for your contribution to the LotR movies.

sktarq
2008-11-14, 05:07 PM
Currently in a lot of smoke. My town is rather well, on fire. Safe here but evacuated....not much of a concern but roommates and parents fret so I did. Anyhow Keep you all posted.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-14, 05:10 PM
And I bet I'm the only person from here in this entire forum! I am the king of Purakanui! Muhuhahahaha....
Actually we have a pretty cool group of NZ'ers around here. xnadia knows them pretty much all I think.

Hawkeye
2008-11-14, 08:10 PM
Nottingham / England / U.K

In Lubbock for the school year, and probably the majority of the next four, if you wanna move me. :smallbiggrin:

Lubbock? I'm thinking of emigrating to that area one day (and no, I won't tell you the reason, you're going to have to guess the one word I'm thinking of :smallamused: )

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-15, 12:34 AM

Funny sounding city names? I'm not too far from Kalamazoo. Which is near Hell. Which has good pizza.

Alleine
2008-11-15, 02:25 AM
*sigh*
I'm still where I was when we last left our hero. But hopefully that will change in a few months when I ditch this crap-hole of a town and go off to a university, or at least a college NOT HERE.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-15, 02:27 AM
Currently in a lot of smoke. My town is rather well, on fire. Safe here but evacuated....not much of a concern but roommates and parents fret so I did. Anyhow Keep you all posted.

California, by any chance?

EDIT: Yep, guessed it--saw by your location tab which I'd missed earlier.

neoseph7
2008-11-15, 02:34 AM
this concept of location posting intrigues me, and I am quite interested in finding others to play with live, though I will likely be moving soon. For now, I live in USA Florida Gainesville

sktarq
2008-11-15, 04:39 PM
California, by any chance?

EDIT: Yep, guessed it--saw by your location tab which I'd missed earlier.

Yeah we lost 150 homes or so Thursday night and into Friday.
Today is LA's turn.

I Am Fine...time to call friends down thataway.

Well the fire up here (tea fire) is still 0% contained or controled but I'd say it is going well.

SensFan
2008-11-30, 04:48 PM
North Bay, ON (Canada) during school year.
Otherwise, Ottawa, ON.

T-O-E
2008-11-30, 05:43 PM
From Wales.

Cymru am byth.
Wales forever.

Manoftyr
2008-11-30, 06:39 PM
I live in the USA on the south shore of Long Island off the coast of the state of New York.

If you ever have the chance, don't visit, it sucks here :smalltongue:

Zeta Kai
2008-11-30, 06:51 PM
For the record, I live in Mason, Ohio, USA, just north of Cincinnati (or just south of Dayton, if you prefer).

Darkshade
2008-11-30, 07:11 PM
charleston il
near mattoon
between champaign and effingham
3 hours south of chicago for those of you who know nothing about illinois

Serpentine
2008-11-30, 10:00 PM
Funny sounding city names? I'm not too far from Kalamazoo. Which is near Hell. Which has good pizza.I used to live in Tallangatta: Near Wodonga, down the road from Bullioh, Noorongong, Kergunyah, Kiewa and Yackandandah, a short drive from Koetong, Dederang, Gundowring, Tallandoon, Eskdale, Tangambalanga and Corryong.
I like Australia :smallamused:

Pandaren
2008-11-30, 10:01 PM
Southern California, USA, in a dessert hell for nine months of the year.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-11-30, 10:46 PM
I am located in Madison, Ohio.

Griever
2008-11-30, 11:08 PM
Lubbock? I'm thinking of emigrating to that area one day (and no, I won't tell you the reason, you're going to have to guess the one word I'm thinking of :smallamused: )

Pie? with cherry filling!

Ishmael
2008-12-01, 12:26 AM
I'm in Berkeley, CA during the school year. During breaks from school, I go home to San Diego, CA.

Burley
2008-12-01, 02:28 PM
I wanna be on the list!
I live in Alexandria, Virginia. I can see Washington, D.C. from my balcony, too. I'm that close.

Thiel
2008-12-01, 04:29 PM
I live in Aalborg, Nordjylland (North Judland), Denmark.

Castel
2008-12-01, 04:59 PM
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. :smallcool:

Darth Mario
2008-12-02, 12:11 AM
Westborough, Massachusetts. Probably off to college next year, at an as of yet unknown location.

Redpieper
2008-12-02, 02:02 AM
Netherlands, Coevorden in Drenthe :smallsmile:

Moonshadow
2008-12-02, 06:37 AM
Melbourne, Australia :smalltongue:

Weiser_Cain
2008-12-02, 06:43 AM
Chicago, just Chicago.

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-02, 06:47 AM
Breda, in Noord-Brabant, in the Netherlands. :smalltongue:

Ikialev
2008-12-02, 08:47 AM
Poland, Nadarzyn.

Texas Jedi
2008-12-02, 04:55 PM
Wylie, Texas (Suburb of D/FW)

Ego Slayer
2008-12-02, 05:08 PM
Wow, I never did post here did I? Creepy. :smallconfused:
Northeastern Ohio, for me.

Mr. Mud
2008-12-02, 05:10 PM
Wow, I never did post here did I? Creepy. :smallconfused:
Northeastern Ohio, for me.

Represent! The Midwest is differential the best part of America... although I'm not there anymore... :smallfrown::smalltongue:

EDIT: I not indexed? :smalleek:. I could've sworn I saw myself next to Korias...

Anyways, I'm in Naptown baby :smallamused:.

(Annapolis, Maryland)

Morty
2008-12-02, 05:11 PM
Poland, Nadarzyn.

Wheeee, I'm not alone anymore.

ufo
2008-12-02, 05:11 PM
Langeland, Region Southern Denmark, Denmark.