PDA

View Full Version : Wizard dueling arena



Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:13 PM
A castle appearers floating in the air. There is a big glowing magical sign. It says:

Are you wizards board? Have nothing to do? well come on down to the wizard dueling arena and practice your magic. You just set up a duel with another wizard and fight. the winer Wins one of there opponents spells to scribe. So let the magic dueling begin! also, it due too the many battles it is incapably of being destroyed. like Trogs.

Keledrath
2007-07-06, 04:16 PM
(That's it! I'm asking the mods to instate a limit on number of threads per week, because this makes how many you've started just this week?)

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:17 PM
((though i think this is probably the closest to a good thread nightwings ever had...))

Draken
2007-07-06, 04:17 PM
(ok nightwing. Stop making threads, someon will just come and attempt, no to say succed in destroying the depicted area.

If no one comes after, or before, this post, I will do it. My Wickedly powerfull wizard wants to devastate something right now...

Metakirb: There are singular arenas that use normal D&D rules, this owuld end up like senseless massacr, believe me.)

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:18 PM
((I dont know. Three?))

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:19 PM
((i don't exactly run off D&D stats so it'd be a case of magic ATK and magic EVS for me...))

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:20 PM
((It is impervious to damage! You cant destroy It!

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-06, 04:21 PM
(( How about a thread limit of 1-per-day? ))

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:21 PM
((i'm sure we can find a way....AAACHOteleportingitintothevoidCHOOO))

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:22 PM
((Fine. I will only post one a day. And I wont post one every day.))

Draken
2007-07-06, 04:23 PM
(I can't destroy it, you undermine the power of an Epic Druid/Wizard, let me give you an exemple, this is occ:

Draken uses many castings of earthquake, Devastate, Desintegrate, and osme spells that are better left unnamed to open a giant crater beneath the Arena.

Gravity does the rest.

Then he uses many druidics spells to cover the hole with rock and earth.

See?)

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:24 PM
((i like void teleportation better...))

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:26 PM
((Oh MY GOD! you just gave me a cool idea! I will make it a floating castle! that means that only wizards can get in easely. Thanks!))

Draken
2007-07-06, 04:26 PM
(And I preffer droping it in a hole and covering.

Edit: ... )

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:29 PM
((GRAVITY!! the spell would make the castle crash into earth with great force!))

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:32 PM
((I know! Now are there any wizards out there?))

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:33 PM
((no they all ran away from you :smallbiggrin: ))

Draken
2007-07-06, 04:38 PM
((no they all ran away from you :smallbiggrin: ))

Metakirb is right.

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:42 PM
*Lots of wizards run in and start dueling*

((Nope, just you.))

LordVader
2007-07-06, 04:43 PM
As they die, they scream things like "Noob!" "WTF hax!" and "Rez plz!"

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:45 PM
((No!!!! Instant message language!)))

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:47 PM
((the remaining ones then decide to telport the arena into the void... please?:smallbiggrin: ))

Nightwing
2007-07-06, 04:50 PM
((stop destroying all my threads just because you dont like me!))

metakirb
2007-07-06, 04:51 PM
((what, i said that i think this is one of your better threads... but you do overdo the creation a bit... besides, i like teleportation to the void...))

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 07:42 AM
*Alfred, the founder teleports in.*

metakirb
2007-07-07, 07:46 AM
BM telports in

okay, whos goin down first?

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 07:49 AM
You. says Alfred. Follow me to the ring.

metakirb
2007-07-07, 07:54 AM
i doubt that, i know more oblivion spells than you could fit in a ten foot by ten foot box!

he folows

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 07:58 AM
The one rule is that you cant use the spell "wish".

*He takes his place in the arena*

I will start. HOLD PERSON!

metakirb
2007-07-07, 08:01 AM
theres a spell called wish? REFLECT!

The reflect bubble pops up over him

now lets send that back with... FLARE!!!

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 08:05 AM
TELEPORT! *He teleports behind black mage*

COUNTER SPELL! *he counter spells the reflect.*

MAXIMIZED LIGHTNING BOLT!

metakirb
2007-07-07, 08:07 AM
BM yawns and casts reflect again

comet 2!!

about 10 comets appear and attempt to slam into alfred

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 08:10 AM
METEOR SWARM! *He knocks the comets out of the air* COUNTER SPELL! *He counter spells the reflect* MAXIMIZED FIREBALL!

metakirb
2007-07-07, 08:13 AM
((okay, i'll let it go this time again but no longer, i don't see how you can counter a reflecting barrier which would reflect the counter itself))

NULBLAZE!!

The fire hits him with no effect, then he casts reflect, barrier, shell and protect

SHADOWFLARE!

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 08:18 AM
((It dispel any magic, also I dont think you can reflect a hold person. I dont know what shadow flare does.))

metakirb
2007-07-07, 08:23 AM
(oh, and i don't actuallly know what it looks like either (haven't beat ultima weapon or sephiroth yet) but i assume it does dark damage and matter damage in an explosion))

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 08:28 AM
Teleport! *He teleports behind black mage*

Earth quake! the ground opens up under Black mage, witch will probably cause him to fall though the floor

Then he deadtimes

metakirb
2007-07-07, 08:37 AM
BM casts telport and avoids opening ground, ((y'know, thi ha only just struck me now... that can be reflected on FF, how can it be reflected?!:smalleek: )) then he cloes his eyes, suddenly he opns them and uses Cosmo Memory (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YyTgIFJmBdE)

metakirb
2007-07-07, 11:10 AM
BM gets bored of the long deadtime and sets an alarm up, as soon as alfred undeadtimes, BM will know, he also casts stop on cosmo memory so it will not be wasted

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 12:10 PM
*He comes out of dead time and counter spells the attack* ((He has lots of counter spells))

metakirb
2007-07-07, 12:12 PM
((cosmo memory is NOT a spell, it's a limit break, un-dodgeable))

BM appears and resumes the cosmo memory

Nightwing
2007-07-07, 12:18 PM
((Then you cant use it in the arena, you can only use spells.))

Xaspian
2007-07-07, 05:35 PM
Pelgof teleports into the stands, waiting for the battle to finish so that he can have a go.

metakirb
2007-07-08, 04:59 AM
((that isn't mentioned anywhere and is in-game classed as magic but it's not a spell as such, besides, Limit breaks can only be used after taking so much damage, BM had one charged, he can't use another one unless he takes loads of damage, but it is undodgeable, so i'm afraid its cosmo memory blitzed for you, or do i hafta resort to all creation?))

BM catss his "trigger teleport again" as soon as alfred undeadtimes he'll be back, and he teleports away

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 07:49 AM
((OK, In that case it is OK.))

*Alfred undeadtimes*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 07:50 AM
Pelgof watches, slightly amused.

metakirb
2007-07-08, 07:57 AM
BM is drgged back by the telport and cosmo memory fires at alfred

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 07:59 AM
(( I look at the video but I cant reall tell what is happening. could you please explain the spell to me?))

metakirb
2007-07-08, 08:17 AM
((ball of energy focused above BM's head which then blasts at alfred))

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:22 AM
((That simple enough))

*The blast hits Alfred, knocking him unconscious*

"The winer is Black Mage!" says the refry

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:24 AM
Pelgof raises an eyebrow, slightly surprised, and makes his way down to the arena.

Where do I sign up for a battle?

metakirb
2007-07-08, 08:28 AM
alright

He walks up and casts life on alfred

so... do i win anything or is this pure fun?

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:31 AM
"You can just walk into a ring and fight some one." says the refry to Pelgof

You get to scribe One spell I cast during the match.

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:32 AM
Pelgof nods to the referee, and approaches the figures in the ring.

metakirb
2007-07-08, 08:33 AM
i think i'll get that counter spell one, it looked usefull

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:35 AM
*Alfred scribes it down and hands it to Black Mage*

metakirb
2007-07-08, 08:36 AM
thanks, now i gotta get goin, nice match though

He teleports out

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:38 AM
*A man in green with a wand walks in*

Are there any competitors here? He says in a snobby voice

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:41 AM
Pelgof waves at him.

I'm willing to give it a go.

He draws a sparkling blue crossbow in one hand

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:42 AM
Good.

The man walks into the ring.

I will start off this duel. Maximized lightning blot!

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:44 AM
Pelgof raises his hand, and a wall of rocks rise from the ground, blocking and absorbing most, if not all, of the shock. Pelgof leaps backwards, and falls into his shadow.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:46 AM
*The man waits for the man to come back*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:47 AM
Pelgof suddenly rises out of the man's shadow, and unleashes a ball of shadow energy at him.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:51 AM
*He Teleports out of the way. Then he reappears right behind Pelgof*

Earth hand!

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:53 AM
Pelgof turns adeptly, and temp-deadtimes, while his player wonders what 'Earth Hand' does.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 08:57 AM
((Thats odd. I remember that spell, but it is not in the spell index. I must have remembered the name wrong. What I remember is a hand of rock that comes out of the ground and grabs people. Then I think it squeezes them or some thing))

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 08:59 AM
Pelgof meets the rock with a barrage of shards, each aimed at weak points of the hand. With the mage's other hand, he fires a powerful shadow bolt from his sonic crossbow.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 09:03 AM
*the refry blows his whistle and the bolt stops in the air*

"No weapons! only magic!"

Castaras
2007-07-08, 09:06 AM
A group of npc apprentices from the Mages guild boo and hiss at the Referee's decision, throwing rotten tomatoes at him.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 09:07 AM
*The tomatoes stop in mid air when he blows his whistle, then they shoot back at the apprentices*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 09:08 AM
Pelgof turns to the referee.

Sir, the projectile is entirely magical. If yousearch me, you will not find a single piece of crossbow ammunition. I contruct the ammo load the crossbow by magic, and only magical energy leaves it, a combination of shadow, provided by myself, and sonic, provided by the bow's enchantments.

I notice that my opponent bears a wand. If he attempted to use it, would you object? This is similar to a wand, it just happens to be the shape of a crossbow.

metakirb
2007-07-08, 09:09 AM
((nice, i was wondering about that, what if the whole bolt is magic...))

Castaras
2007-07-08, 09:10 AM
One of the apprentices waves a hand, sending the rotten tomatoes right back towards the ref.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 09:11 AM
"OK" *The bolt continues on its path. The tomatoes blow up in mid air*

*The man plane shifts and the bolt hits the wall. He then plane shifts back*

Maximized fire ball! maximized magic missile!

metakirb
2007-07-08, 09:12 AM
BM teleports back in and watches the fight

Castaras
2007-07-08, 09:16 AM
The apprentices boo and hiss, more tomatoes with protection from explosions and dispelling on them flying towards the Ref.

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 09:17 AM
Pelgof grins, and summons a large ball of ice to counter the fire ball. Upon contact, the ice hisses, and evaporates, covering a large part of the arena with dense water vapour. Pelgof dashes forwards, using the cover to hides from most of the missiles, although he is grazed by one. He grunts, but ignores the pain.

He begins preparing a new spell, invoking complex enchantments, making the most of the mist while it lasts, which won't be for long.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 09:32 AM
Whirlwind! *the whirl wind blows away the mist and attempts to hit Pelgof.

*Deadtime*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 09:39 AM
The mist is swept away with ease, and the winds buffet Pelgof. He continues the incantations, and complex hand gestures, with his robes swirling around him. His hair ruffles in the wind, and he closes his eyes in concentration, and to protect from the dust kicked up. His words and gestures seems to be escalating, working towards a final trigger command.

((Fair enough))

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 12:07 PM
Maximized lightning bolt! maximized fire ball! maximized magic missile.

metakirb
2007-07-08, 12:09 PM
((you got teleported to the void?))

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 12:12 PM
((Not much. Pelgof's about to cast a spell, but I'm giving you a chance to act, as the 'casting time' is pretty long))

Assuming that the spells are targeted at where Pelgof is standing, in the middle of the arena, casting a spell...

Pelgof looks up, and opens his eyes. He can see the spells hurtling towards him. He opens his mouth, to utter the final word.

And is cut short. First, his body spasms at the lightning hits, and flares up, merely a silouette against the powerful fire ball. His body is pummelled by the magic missiles, and the body slowly falls to the ground. Very convincingly.

A voice appears beside the unnamed wizard.

Nice try.

Huge tendrils of shadow leap out of the ground, and lunge for the wizard, trying to ensnare him.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 12:13 PM
OK, I edited my post to show what I did.))

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:22 PM
((was that an illusion?))

Plane shift!

*He disappears*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 01:26 PM
((What do you think?))

A very convinving Pelgof corpse lies still in the middle of the arena. A shadow, along one of the walls, flickers. The effect is comparable to that of candlelight in a breeze, except in reverse. Other than that, there is no sign. The tendrils grasp at the wizard before his disappears, but miss, and fade away.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:28 PM
*He reappears*

Stone hand!

*A hand of stone comes out of the wall and attacks the shadow*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 01:32 PM
The shadow merely flickered. If the hand tried to attack it, it would be attacking the wall. Which, apparently, is incapable of being destroyed.

Pelgof's laughter rings from across the sands.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:34 PM
((Its attacking him by coming out of the wall right were your shadow is))

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 01:36 PM
It's a shadow. It's a place where light is obscured. Pelgof is no-where to be seen, a bit like the nameless wizard.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:37 PM
((I have to deadtime for like 20 minuets. I will post when I come back))

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:52 PM
*The wizard waits for his competitor to reenter*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 01:56 PM
Four separate, all very convincing Pelgofs step into the arena.

Here, wizard-wizard-wizard!
What'ya waiting for?
I think someone's scared.
*Chicken impression*

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 01:58 PM
Chain Lightning bolt!

((This should zap them all))

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 02:01 PM
The lightning bolt doesn't hit any of them. Not so convincing, then.

((How can you cast spells if you're not there?))

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 02:04 PM
((Please look at post 86 on page three more carefully.))

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 02:07 PM
((Gah, fair enough))

The real Pelgof appears, and winks at the wizard. The rocks across the arena rise up, into the rough shapes of three large boars, each animated by a bound demon. They shriek, and charge towards the wizard.

Meynolds
2007-07-08, 02:11 PM
Chance flies up to the castle and enters, watching the duel in progress.

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 02:12 PM
I surrender! Here I will scribe down a spell! please dont hurt me!


*He wrights some thing on a peace of paper. If you read it you it actually says "Explosive runes"*

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 02:14 PM
Pelgof waves briefly at Chance, then turns to the nameless wizard.

Sorry, I don't use written spells. Perhaps I could take an alternative prize? Some money, or that wand of yours?

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 02:20 PM
Yes ! let me polish it for you!

*he disappears. He reappears and hand the man the wand. Explosive runes is righten in ten different places*

Examine it!

deadtime for ten min

Meynolds
2007-07-08, 02:20 PM
Chance waves back at Pelgof, and wonders if he can duel, being a Sorcerer and all.

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 02:21 PM
Pelgof takes it.

What's it do, anyway?

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 04:02 PM
((Sorry. Real life was a jerk and sprung some surprises on me))

Read the righting! It will tell you every thing!

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 04:07 PM
((Fair enough.))
Can I just ask you one thing. How much do you use and value it?

Nightwing
2007-07-08, 04:10 PM
Not much. I have at least ten more at home.

Xaspian
2007-07-08, 05:14 PM
In that case, keep it. I don't need a prize.

He turns to leave.